[Approved] Ziggo Netherlands NID 5555 Alkmaar (Updated March 11, 2017) (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached the Tuning details of Ziggo Netherlands NID 5555 Alkmaar, they were updated 28 February 2017.. and updated the XML file...

Source: Digitale TV info & frequenties bij Ziggo/Casema/Multikabel - Mediaspelers en HTPC's - GoT

In my system it worked fine.. but required the CAM to be turned off during channel scan, to find all channels and make EPG work... after channel scan is done enable the CAM again to watch scrambled channels.

After the scan is done I noticed that the NID is set to 1536, however I have used the data in the 5555 column of the Tweakers forum code list, none the less the channels I watch seem to work fine, and also the EPG are all working OK.

I expect Ziggo to change everything again in ????? (!), because they do this quite often, last few years they average about once every two months!

Attachments

• 285854_28022017_The_Netherlands.Ziggo_NID_5555_Alkmaar.xml
      6.2 KB
    Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got a few problems when trying to watch some channels today. However the XML file is 100% correct, somehow some channels are assigned to the wrong frequency and the channel number 1000 is added

Example NPO 3 HD
    When trying to preview in TVserver Setup, after a minute or so, it comes back with error "No PMT found" Checking the channel details it has frequency 162750, which is wrong, the channel frequency should be 134750 but the Transport ID and Service ID were correct, also the Network ID is wrong (should be 5555 but it is 1536) but that seems not a problem.

After setting the frequency and channel number manually correct, all works fine.
    I do not know why this happens, because the numbers in the XML file are all correct. 162750 is the frequency of the next transponder ID 2099.

And this way I had to manually correct a few other channels that I watch, they are easily identified, because all have channel number 1000

Looking at all the channels, about 60 channels have channel number 1000 (not counting the set top box 'channels' Samsung Humax etc), this does not mean they all not work but probably quite a few will not work... Again, I have no idea why this happens, signal strength and quality are 90-100%

This is how you can do this in TvServer Setup:
    Menu TV Channels
    Right click the Channel with channel number 1000>Edit Channel
    Select the Channel in the main panel, click the Edit button.
    Check the Frequency in the list, correct them to the frequency that belongs to the Transport ID in the XML file, or better using the link to the Tweakers.net forum, which also show the channel numbers and channel names. Leave all other numbers as they are (PMT, Network ID, Transport ID.. etc.)
    Click OK
    Change the channel number 1000 in the top panel to the right channel number
    Click OK
    Click the preview button to check if it it works (it should!)

I will post a support request with logs in the appropriate forum as well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Lotsofjazz
    Currently it doesn't look like we have tuning details for Alkmaar, but we do have tuning details for other NID 5555 regions.
    Just to confirm (don't want to make a mistake and wrongly remove/replace!): is your Alkmaar tuning detail file a new one, or should it replace one of the current ones (Hengelo, Roosendaal, Venlo, Zwolle, North, South, West)?
    If it should replace, please tell us which one it should replace.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    According my source on tweakers.net they are all different. So best would be to treat it as a new one.

The guy that keeps track of all these different dutch (Ziggo and UPC only) tuning details is ArChie and is doing so since oktober 2000, I think he has worked as a technical expert in the cable televison network business.

As Mediaportal techies/developpers, definitely a good read this Tweakers.Net thread (sorry, dutch only!), in post #2 is a table with links to the thread post with the most up to date tuning details for most parts of The Netherlands. Of course I used the one for Alkmaar, but others may use this source to make to make Mediaportal tuningdetail XML for their regions.

Digitale TV info & frequenties bij Ziggo/Casema/Multikabel - Mediaspelers en HTPC's - GoT

This is the first website I visit, when things start to go wrong again (channels not found, EPG not updated, that kinda things), and often I discover there that the tuning details have changed again.

No guarantee that all tuning details are correct, because ArChie is dependant on volunteers in the field that make captures for him. BUT Archie is from Alkmaar himself, so the one for Alkmaar is for sure up to date :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Done thanks! :)
    (Update will be included in MP 1.16 final.)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    March 30 there was a new list posted on tweakers, but no change in the frequencies for NID 5555 Alkmaar tuning details. When I scan I see a couple of "new" channels (these are not really new but just moved to a new frequency):

Passie xxx
    Show TV
    Star Plus
    Ziggo Sport Golf
    Ziggo Sport Voetbal

And a whole bunch of "Unknown xxxx" channels.

When I look at the scan results, I see:
    14 new TV channels were found in Transponder frequency 826750 Mhz, 0 updated
    5 new TV channels were found in transponder frequency 442000 Mhz, 3 updated

So you could only scan these frequencies to get all the changes. But if you do not watch these channels anyways, no scan is required at all. (the channels above will then show an error probably).

From what I understand in the Tweakers thread is that Ziggo is getting rid of the SD channels mentioned above, and these are now changed to other frequencies and redirected to a still image to tell people these channels are no longer available. The HD versions still work and have not changed positions.

Of course this is just a temporary situation, and it might be expected that after one or two months the above mentioned channels will be removed completely.. and ths way free up space for something new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom