Video-Cards (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
I tried putting back NVidia drivers same crash as before. I went through a fresh Windows 10 install and the problem is gone it seems. Looks like my Windows was crapping up really. Admittedly I changed motherboard, CPU and RAM in January and was surprised Windows 10 survived that in the first place. At least it kept me going for 5 months.
I tried putting back NVidia drivers same crash as before. I went through a fresh Windows 10 install and the problem is gone it...
I'm currently using this graphics card: Asus STRIX-GTX750TI-DC2OC-4GD5. NVidia drivers kept crashing just after boot and automatic...
Replies
Views
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor. Only on live TV though, video file playback worked well. Disabling the Dynamic Refresh Rate Control fixed this issue for me. I'm directly connected via HDMI on a Radeon 7870
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor...
I have a Panasonic 55" plasma connected via hdmi-dvi and a BenQ W1070 connected via hdmi. The displays are recognized by windows...
Replies
Views
I have some videos that I play via mp loaded into moving pictures. Had another go at this last week but couldn't get the result I was looking for. Ended up getting quite frustrated to be honest so gave up. Maybe I'll return to it later. Set it up as best I can by eye for now. For now I guess I should just be happy the new graphics...
I have some videos that I play via mp loaded into moving pictures. Had another go at this last week but couldn't get the result I...
Hi, I'm having an absolute nightmare. I am trying to setup my tv (Samsung LE37B651) and my PC to play together and display the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the feedback. BTW: MP 1.3.0beta + MPAR 2 + LAV Filters is a framedrop killer combination. I get no more than 1 framedrop every 100k frames in 1080i with a not so high level card (nVidia GT240). Bye
Thanks for the feedback. BTW: MP 1.3.0beta + MPAR 2 + LAV Filters is a framedrop killer combination. I get no more than 1...
Hi all, It's quite easy to find forums to talk about nVidia drivers performance with the last 3D games, but it's not so easy to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] What card? DE
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing of our satellite TV. Maybe i'll upgrade later to an GTX650, but this one does the job quite well.
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing...
I was on the verge of upgrading to a GT420 when NVidia went and changed their lineup... So the question is whether to get a GT420...
Replies
Views
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all settings every 30 seconds) Combination of vol button and Menu for 10 seconds reset it to std mode. Now I should be able to run 1080p mode without reducing the resolution.
Woohoo. Might have made progress. I initially brought the TV as a Ex Demo. Turned out it was still in Store Mode (Resets all...
HI all! I have a Samsung 40" plasma TV which accepts HDMI at 720p and 1080i. I have Win 7, an nVidia 8600GT with latest driver...
Replies
Views
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know what to do with this card... I just feel like taking it back :(
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know...
Hi Guys, Just installed my new Asus GT 630 2Gb video card in the lounge based PC. (The old HD5550 is now in the server). Setup...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] GT430 DE
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though that it's pretty crowded inside my HTPC case, with only a few millimeters of space between the heatsink and the tuner card next to it. It used to run even hotter until I forced the space open as far as I...
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though...
So I thought I'd go treat myself to a shiny new video card and this little baby did the trick...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] GT430 vs GT520 (1 Viewer) DE
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's General Options. Now everything syncs 100% with ReClock. Maybe I should post a bug report in the Refresh Rate Changer thread? Emph
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's...
After years of service my 8500GT has died and needs replacing. I'm looking at the GT430 or GT520. Geforce GT 520 * 810 MHz...
Replies
Views
You don't get any more de-interlacing control with the higher end nVidia cards i.e. no control at all....:( A GT430 is good compromise of performance/cost/heat for HTPC use. Tony
You don't get any more de-interlacing control with the higher end nVidia cards i.e. no control at all....:( A GT430 is good...
Hi Ive recently upgraded to a full hd lcd TV. Since the upgrade, i get an occasional stutter when watching HD tv which is 1080i...
Replies
Views
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA decoder. Had to go with the passive Gainward version too as the Asus was unavailable, which may have been a blessing in disguise!
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA...
Whoo! Nvidia have announced the Nvidia 520 series graphics card..aimed directly at the HTPC market! The only fanless card ive...
Replies
Views
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and refresh rate as below. Note that I change the display twice to 'force' the resolution to be updated. @echo off rem http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm rem sets the display to the correct...
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and...
Sometimes when my PC comes out of standby and the (HDMI) TV is off, when i switch the TV on i find that the resolution has been...
Replies
Views
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running, right now the picture shows up on the TV but it can't quite lock correctly. I am pretty sure I have a setting slightly messed up in PowerStrip, can anyone offer advice on what front/back porch and sync...
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running...
This has been my first attempt at deploying MediaPortal, and let me say it's been bumpy at best. I finally have everything working...
Replies
Views
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched sounds. So I'm satisfied.
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched...
I have to choose from a few GT220 cards. I got a HD5450 but it gives problems on my Nvidia based mobo. Choices to make: 512 or...
Replies
Views
ah ha perfect! thanks dude i knew there was a solution! however a gt220 seems about right on for the htpc ...and considering my MP PC is a quad core it already has plenty of grunt if i were to get into gaming on this PC id want a decent GPU...however...again..when i tried my 285gtx the case wouldnt close...lol.... i think...
ah ha perfect! thanks dude i knew there was a solution! however a gt220 seems about right on for the htpc ...and considering my...
Yo! Im thinking of getting a new graphics card at the moment for my system (see pictures of my mobo in my sig below).. currently...
Replies
Views
I checked the settings in MP and it is on ffdshow DXVA and VMR9. I also checked the cpu while playing a HD movie (x264 mkv) and it is almost 0%. Also I know when it is using the gpu, because the PIV cpu is too slow to do decent hd playback. I have no idea why it works with VMR9 and not with EVR, but I am not complaining, it works...
I checked the settings in MP and it is on ffdshow DXVA and VMR9. I also checked the cpu while playing a HD movie (x264 mkv) and it...
Hi! I currently have a PIV3.2 ghz / silent NVIDIA 8600GT HTPC running and DXVA is also running fine. I would like to upgrade...
Replies
Views
Whops pressed thanks! Which codecs do you use for SD?
Whops pressed thanks! Which codecs do you use for SD?
Today I received my new NVidia GT240 card. The good thing is that I have no longer any flickering when displaying any GUI...
Replies
Views
As far as I know, none of the current Nvidia cards support bitstreaming of HD audio formats (ie TruHD), which is the advantage of the current ATI cards (5xxx). Both cards however can decode to 8 channel LPCM, which is lossless and theoretically the exact same quality. The difference lies in whether the computer decodes or your...
As far as I know, none of the current Nvidia cards support bitstreaming of HD audio formats (ie TruHD), which is the advantage of...
Oy Mates I have the past few days been trying to find out what my next new mediacentre gfx should be. Currently my setup is...
Replies
Views
You might be able to set the preferred output to VGA in your BIOS. I believe there's a setting for that on my ATI IGP motherboard, so it's worth a look.
You might be able to set the preferred output to VGA in your BIOS. I believe there's a setting for that on my ATI IGP motherboard...
I have NVidia 9500 configured in clone mode for: VGA port - touch screen; DVI port - regular TV; Previously the same configuration...
Replies
Views
You're right!!! I've changed Digital color format to YCbCr444 and everything seems to be good :) Thank you very much. :thx:
You're right!!! I've changed Digital color format to YCbCr444 and everything seems to be good :) Thank you very much. :thx:
Hallo, I have nvidia G210 and use drivers 197.45 WHQL and vista enterprise. My problem is, black color seems to be dark grey...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD display thru D-Sub. When both the projector and the lcd display are on, all is fine. If I turn the projector off, the display disapears from the system and the LCD screen becomes the only known display...
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD...
Hello gentlemen, Here is my config : Asrock ION330 connected to an Optoma projector thru HDMI and to a XVGA touch screen LCD...
Replies
Views
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled. I don't have overscan issues. How you set 1:1 pixel mapping? On my Sony, I have the Display Area set to “Full Pixel" Is that it? Thanks, Dan
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled...
Which driver version and why? So what I would like to know is what Nvidia hardware you have and which driver you are using with...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that info - well spotted. 'Lost' monitor problems do happen on Vista as well with the recent nVidia drivers (which are basically Win 7 drivers, so have some of the same issues). You could also try the 'devcon rescan' workaround (see the links in my sig below) to revive 'lost' monitors. Tony
Thanks for that info - well spotted. 'Lost' monitor problems do happen on Vista as well with the recent nVidia drivers (which are...
Hi all, I have HTPC with MSI w. NVIDIA 9800 chip. There are two DVI-outputs. I am using DVI2HDMI cable to connect card to two...
Replies
Views
To me it looks like some manufacturers are tweaking drivers specifically for ther own cards, if I do a search on the nvidia website for my gt220, and search for previous drivers 190.45 does not show up, it is just bypassed, there are driver versions either side, but not that particular one. Also if you read the Nvidia website driver...
To me it looks like some manufacturers are tweaking drivers specifically for ther own cards, if I do a search on the nvidia website...
I have run into a weird problem. I am running V1.02 client only on a PC running win 7 64 bit. The video card is a Gigabyte 9500 GT...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for reply, i'm guessing that i want the ATI hd2400 then because its designed for multimedia? Thanks again
Hi, thanks for reply, i'm guessing that i want the ATI hd2400 then because its designed for multimedia? Thanks again
Ati HD2400 Pro or nvidia nvs-290? Hi, have of choice of either of these to put in my MP box ( dual core intel , xp). Which...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] pci-e 1x DE
I don't run Win7 myself (I'm using Vista32), but I'd check out the DXVA capabilities of your system with DXVA Checker. When you run it, the 'Decoder Device' tab lists the DXVA decode capabilities, the 'Processor Device' tab lists the hardware deinterlacing capabilties. Hit the 'Check Direct Show Decoders...' button and open a video...
I don't run Win7 myself (I'm using Vista32), but I'd check out the DXVA capabilities of your system with DXVA Checker. When you...
Hello everyone, I have a motherboard with only a pci-e x1 slot. until now, I have a ATI 4350 videocard in it, that's linked to...
Replies
Views
Also the G210 can't do Pixel Adaptive deinterlacing for HD material (if that's important to you). Tony
Also the G210 can't do Pixel Adaptive deinterlacing for HD material (if that's important to you). Tony
Does anyone have a GT 210 passiv productive in his HTPC ? I play to replace my HD4550 because i have enough of problems with...
Replies
Views
No - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/index9.html#post470166 Tony
No - see...
simple question is the 8200g onboard enough for stutter free HD TV and x264 1080i playback?
Replies
Views
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable. New cards like GT240 or GT220 supports direct sound transfer(no need spdif cable) and supports more bandwidth sound streams it that way.
All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable...
I was just reading a review of this card and it stated that this was the one of the few nvidea graphic cards that sends audio...
Replies
Views
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every time I play mkv with MEPO it gets terribly out of sync. The system is fast enough to decode mkv's since it plays them very well with MPC. I'm asking about fx5200 because they are cheap and it's very hard...
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every...
Is it fast enough to play 720p mkv's in MEPO? Now I use an old radeon 7000, which surprisingly works quite well in MEPO, but every...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom