Ambient Lighting System (5 Viewers)

[DIY] User Showcases (1 Viewer)

All things related to building systems on your own
Is this the right thread for downloading the latest version of Atmolight MP1? Extension Manager URL for Atmolight returns HTTP error. For AtmoWin the same. Thanks
Is this the right thread for downloading the latest version of Atmolight MP1? Extension Manager URL for Atmolight returns HTTP...
Overview AtmoLight is a process plugin that interfaces with different ambilight solutions and brings Ambilight to MediaPortal. The...
Replies
Views
And now it works, including remote button on and off. Thanks @azzuro it was me using the wrong version it seems. Attachment in first post might want to be deleted incase other noobs like me make same mistake maybe :)
And now it works, including remote button on and off. Thanks @azzuro it was me using the wrong version it seems. Attachment in...
For amblight / Hyperion users made something new that works a bit better with madVR image capture and doesn't use AtmoLight, this...
Replies
Views
I tried again version 251 with same settings file as I use on 250 and 200 but find the colours flicker all over the place and it doesn't seem very stable. Gone back to 250 and it seems same as 200 - stable.
I tried again version 251 with same settings file as I use on 250 and 200 but find the colours flicker all over the place and it...
Overview AtmoHue is Windows application which allows you to receive color commands from AtmoLight and/or AtmoWin and forward those...
Replies
Views
|- Hardware : Leds Protection : IP20/65/67/68 IP20(nonwaterproof) IP65 Waterproof(glue on top) IP67 Waterproof(in silicone tube) IP68 Waterproof(underwater) The Protection also has effect on transmiting light. IP20/30 | IP65 | IP67 : Credits to Sinonlea for leds captures
|- Hardware : Leds Protection : IP20/65/67/68 IP20(nonwaterproof) IP65 Waterproof(glue on top) IP67 Waterproof(in silicone tube)...
This Thread is marked as bloqued, because have the goal of map user to good system. and explain a bit how work the Lighning system...
Replies
Views
I will test it tomorrow. Im not sure restart com without kill atmowin can work. When i tested with unplug usb connexion. Atmowin was always locked.
I will test it tomorrow. Im not sure restart com without kill atmowin can work. When i tested with unplug usb connexion. Atmowin...
AtmoWakeHelper is now integrated in AtmoLight (under the AtmoLight configuration -> AtmoWin tab) so this app is no longer required...
Replies
Views
Version 1.0.0.8 : 2014.08.06 Correction of save value for Software_gamma_blue in XML. (Azzuro)
Version 1.0.0.8 : 2014.08.06 Correction of save value for Software_gamma_blue in XML. (Azzuro)
AtmoWin Release Thread ( no support here) MPEI Installer ...
Replies
Views
Like this section can contain many different subject. i would like to add a little structure for help to read easily in the list. So, For new Thread, please follow this redline. add as prefix the good letter to your thread name. [DIY] Do it Youself : All thread related to your installation of you own build of Ambient light [FW]...
Like this section can contain many different subject. i would like to add a little structure for help to read easily in the list...
Like this section can contain many different subject. i would like to add a little structure for help to read easily in the list...
Replies
Views
Hi :) Best to post this on the hyperion forums here as more are Hyperion users are active there: Hardware Support Also recommend to include Hyperion config file there with some additional info like: - How it's wired up - Raspberry version and OS - Using Arduino in between or SPI? First guess is that it's an raspberry wiring issue...
Hi :) Best to post this on the hyperion forums here as more are Hyperion users are active there: Hardware Support Also recommend...
So I've been building my own Ambilight setup using OSMC with Hyperion and WS2081 LEDs however I came upon a hiccup once I set it...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replies :-) I spotted the min darkness slider and that solved the issue with the VU meter but not video... Decided to test the setup on a different Mediaportal install and that worked fine - plugged it all back in to the original / lounge room setup and rather randomly its all ok now, guess there is some truth in...
Thanks for the replies :-) I spotted the min darkness slider and that solved the issue with the VU meter but not video... Decided...
Using AtmoLight and AtmoWin with a Arduino Uno R3 clone and everything is working pretty much as it should but the LEDs are not...
Replies
Views
B
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this issue, I am getting for a long time error "404 file not found" when I want to download latest AtmoWin over Media Portal Extension Manager.
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this issue, I am getting for a long time error "404 file not found" when I want to...
AtmoWin Improvement Discussion for Release Thread ...
Replies
Views
Board : Arduino Mega Protocol : FastLED Led Stip model : WS2812B 60/m Number of led : 177 top : 61 bottom : 40 Left : 31 right : 31 TV : Panasonic 42" Plasma Using : Movies / TvSeries / Music Manual/Auto : Auto Power Supply : PC ATX supply on 5v rail Cost : AU Arduino - $30, LEDs (5m) - $54, ~ $40 in plastic tubing to mount the...
Board : Arduino Mega Protocol : FastLED Led Stip model : WS2812B 60/m Number of led : 177 top : 61 bottom : 40 Left : 31 right : 31...
Hi Guys, I propose to have an small list of users who use Ambient light system. No need to do an big explanation of your use. only...
Replies
Views
Very awesome, thank you for this!
Very awesome, thank you for this!
This may have limited interest to most, as usually you will setup your ardiuino for the light system you wish to use then forget...
Replies
Views
Hi FrankBert, Does the lag increase over time or is it constant and are you using any delay settings from AtmoLight (besides AmbiBox delay)? You can also try setting the change image delay for AmbiBox a bit lower and see if it improves :) Double checked the ambibox code but should work the same as before, it might be a bit quicker...
Hi FrankBert, Does the lag increase over time or is it constant and are you using any delay settings from AtmoLight (besides...
I do have AmbiBox installed and configured. (SeduBoard 3) Direct Windows screen capturing works quite good (Windows 8 mode). The...
Replies
Views
For those considering using this software I think it works pretty well under Windows 10 and I use it on my main HTPC on a daily basis. Once you are accustomed to the interface and have set things up its very effective and I would like to thank @demmax2004 for his efforts in producing it. I even made a (quite bad) video showing my...
For those considering using this software I think it works pretty well under Windows 10 and I use it on my main HTPC on a daily...
Description AmbiBox in Wiki
Replies
Views
Problem: Software for ambient light systems do not synchronise well with TV picture at all refresh rates. A delay set for 50hz video will be too early for 24hz. Not sure why but never mind :) Solutions: AtmoLight understands this and calculates a different delay per refresh rate. This mostly works but can be affected by TV settings...
Problem: Software for ambient light systems do not synchronise well with TV picture at all refresh rates. A delay set for 50hz...
Problem: Software for ambient light systems do not synchronise well with TV picture at all refresh rates. A delay set for 50hz...
Replies
Views
No rush :)
No rush :)
Hey guys, I currently wonder if anyone else is seeing this: with my setup I have pretty often after a longer running...
Replies
Views
some Update: After several Mails I did receive a new unit. Nearly all plugs and adapters are replaced. At least: The System is doing fine since a few weeks and very happy with it! (y) There are several things which could be even better or more comfortable, but it's ok actually. After several months the developer published a update...
some Update: After several Mails I did receive a new unit. Nearly all plugs and adapters are replaced. At least: The System is...
AmbiVision is a smart affordable content-driven ambient lighting system.This technology enlarges the screen by projecting a glow of...
Replies
Views
Read elsewhere that flickering may be an issue with the lan port of the Pi. Anyone else had this problems? Could be my issue as the problems startet when exchanging lan cabling.
Read elsewhere that flickering may be an issue with the lan port of the Pi. Anyone else had this problems? Could be my issue as the...
Hey guys, inspired by @Lightning303 I am trying to find my way to build my individual ambient lighting system. Will try to find...
Replies
Views
Downloaded a few images now and will try to go the hyperion app way. Lets see how it works.
Downloaded a few images now and will try to go the hyperion app way. Lets see how it works.
So, I have spent a lot of time calibrating my Amibilight systems to get the perfect colors out of it. I have done it with my old...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AtmoLight Remote DE
Added the color wheel, had to change a few things as the samples didn't allow real time color sending because you had to press ok first (kinda beats the point :p ). Tweaking the design and will push to app store somewhere today :) That would fit nicely into the new settings menu, can make it so that you can save colors depending on...
Added the color wheel, had to change a few things as the samples didn't allow real time color sending because you had to press ok...
Overview In the recently released AtmoLight update (1.17.0.0) we added a remote control API which offers direct control over...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a ~4 cm wallmount and used some diffuser foil (a simple dull sheet protector). I'm quite satisfied with the result, but it's a matter of taste...
Hi, I have a ~4 cm wallmount and used some diffuser foil (a simple dull sheet protector). I'm quite satisfied with the result, but...
I want to mount my TV (55") to the wall and I'm wondering which wall mount I should get. At first I had my eyes on this one...
Replies
Views
@0kk0 no news ?
@0kk0 no news ?
Hello everyone! I've made an c# server app and android client app to change colors of my homemade ambilight system. Just wanted to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Lightpack help! DE
The Mediaportal-error.log shows that AmbiBox drops the connection: [2015-10-08 19:09:03,116] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHanlder - Error communicating with API server. [2015-10-08 19:09:03,117] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHanlder - Command: lock [2015-10-08 19:09:03,118] [Error ] [MPMain...
The Mediaportal-error.log shows that AmbiBox drops the connection: [2015-10-08 19:09:03,116] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] -...
Hello! I can find a lot of information about different DIY projects etc but nothing about "light pack" Dont know much about the...
Replies
Views
it's only for the PNG files, i don't have solution for Atmowin. except if one dev, with C/C++ knowledge can help
it's only for the PNG files, i don't have solution for Atmowin. except if one dev, with C/C++ knowledge can help
Is it possible to cheng the RGB settings via atmowin instead of using teh sedu board? So tho swith to BGR for example? Backgroud is...
Replies
Views
OK - found one on KODI is anyone is interested: https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.ambibox/releases/download/v2.1.7/AmbiBox_setup_2.1.7.zip
OK - found one on KODI is anyone is interested...
Just wanted to try it as Atmowin gives me some troubel but I only have version 2.1.6 - does anyone hace 2.1.7 for me - it seems it...
Replies
Views
:) - why did i know that you were already thinking about it ...
:) - why did i know that you were already thinking about it ...
Replies
Views
I already have these installed and did a reboot, unfortunately this is not the fix for me!Fixed it! After a bit of googling I found that I need this specifically: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 source: http://superuser.com/questions/778589/how-to-fix-the-missing-msvcp110-dll
I already have these installed and did a reboot, unfortunately this is not the fix for me!Fixed it! After a bit of googling I found...
I just upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install) and installed everything including AtmoWin from the MP repository. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Sure, it work now, at least i don't see error when i use it. Go for next release ?
Sure, it work now, at least i don't see error when i use it. Go for next release ?
Hello @Lightning303 I have issue on resuming with Atmolight and Atmowin. I use the Atmowakehelper tool for reconnect my Arduino...
Replies
Views
The "Windows 8 is better" part is specific to AtmoWins performance in gathering the screen captures. However with AtmoLight, AtmoWin does not have to do this task, but AtmoLight gets these captures directly from MediaPortal. So there should be no problem. Only when you want to use your Ambilight without MediaPortal, Win8 will give you...
The "Windows 8 is better" part is specific to AtmoWins performance in gathering the screen captures. However with AtmoLight...
So a few years ago, I helped a friend research and complete an Ambilight system for his theater. Unfortunately, at that time...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am working on Stripinvader support for the AtmoLight plugin and want to know if there is someone else around who uses Stripinvader and is able to help me testing. There is no current version available because I am just starting to work at it. I also want to enhance the current Stripinvader Arduino sketch so there is maybe...
Hi guys, I am working on Stripinvader support for the AtmoLight plugin and want to know if there is someone else around who uses...
Hi guys, I am working on Stripinvader support for the AtmoLight plugin and want to know if there is someone else around who uses...
Replies
Views
atmowin ---> ambibox ----> Serial over IP ----> that 5 dollar wifi card (ESP8266) ----> Arduino. 400 or so lines of code to get the ESP8266 running properly, with auto reconnect features and all. soft serial also supported for debug using another Arduino to capture the data. I am sure if I spent more time since the ESP8266 does allow...
atmowin ---> ambibox ----> Serial over IP ----> that 5 dollar wifi card (ESP8266) ----> Arduino. 400 or so lines of code to get...
Not sure where this should go. There are so many forum posts about Atmolight I just got this wonderful gem of a wifi module for my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WS2812B DE
// AtmoduinoV2 by NevCairiel, based on RickDB Atmoduino V1 #include <FastLED.h> // Set the number of leds in the strip. #define NUM_LEDS 188 // type of the LED controller #define LED_TYPE WS2812B // data and clock pins #define DATA_PIN 10 CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS]; void setup(){ Serial.begin(115200); FastLED.addLeds<LED_TYPE...
// AtmoduinoV2 by NevCairiel, based on RickDB Atmoduino V1 #include <FastLED.h> // Set the number of leds in the strip. #define...
Hello guys. For a long time now i was thinking of getting myself a new project :) Well recently i decided to start the ambilight...
Replies
Views
im sure at 99%, it work fine with WS2801, but warning, none screw support on board; you must use pin header for support it. on an soldier panel. i plan to create this one, with connector, for make it easy to remove or upgrade, without cutting all the wire ... in Canada, you can find it easily i think. but if you want more power, the...
im sure at 99%, it work fine with WS2801, but warning, none screw support on board; you must use pin header for support it. on an...
Add compatibility to Teensy 2 board + Led strip WS2801 (from Adafruit) to MediaPortal with Atmowin / Atmolight.(up to 256 channels...
Replies
Views
Thanks, will look into the AtmoWin code and see if I can find the cause :) What might be needed is to add a check current mode function and re-apply any changes on the save settings / window close so hopefully gonna have an testing version for you soon with that already included.
Thanks, will look into the AtmoWin code and see if I can find the cause :) What might be needed is to add a check current mode...
I can see that it is enabled when the windows can move very smoothly and when it isn't enabled, the windows don't. When I close...
Replies
Views
I see it, that's similar to the converter I have. Theoretically I have everything to do this now, see you in the Hyperion thread soon I hope :) Thanks again
I see it, that's similar to the converter I have. Theoretically I have everything to do this now, see you in the Hyperion thread...
Hi there fellow ambilighters, I have been watching the improvements in here with great interest, since I started with AtmoWin back...
Replies
Views
I use Lightpack with AmbiBox and Prismatik...but this idea looks better with digital LED strip, without any delays, configurations etc: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ambivision-standalone-ambient-lighting-device/x/8427436
I use Lightpack with AmbiBox and Prismatik...but this idea looks better with digital LED strip, without any delays, configurations...
I am busy with a new setup for my new TV, but I run into some problems. This is the setup: - SainSmart UNO R3 - AtmoDuino firmware...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that is strange. Sadly we dont have any developer for AtmoWin at the moment :(. Doesnt look so good with their website being down for quite some time now.
Yeah, that is strange. Sadly we dont have any developer for AtmoWin at the moment :(. Doesnt look so good with their website being...
Hello, after a long time reading a lot of threads about Ambilight Systems here and in the german forum, i tried it for myself. My...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom