Barebones and commercial HTPC's (5 Viewers)

This forum is for discussions about Barebones, and commercial HTPC's.
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware All in One Mini HTPCs: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/Mini_HTPCs_("All_in_One") Complete HTPC Systems...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
Replies
Views
It should be.
It should be.
eBay seems to be flooded with these things at the moment. They come with WP7 installed but are a bit old-skool for hardware. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not sure that has enough horsepower. Can anybody do a prediction on whether this would work? I have 1 tv server that serves 2 clients and MPExtended. Currently the Dell handles it's task as a MePo 1 client...
Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not...
Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my AMD FX6300 based tv-server with my Dell Inspiron Micro to lower energy consumption, but I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hi @ all, I am actally using one of the first ZBOXes with dual core cpu and nvidia ion gpu. The speed was always ok for me but my problem is the fan. It is so loud that I decidet to search for an alternative. Searching a bit I found the following box that has great specs, no fan and a remote included. CHUWI HiBox Intel x5-Z8350...
Hi @ all, I am actally using one of the first ZBOXes with dual core cpu and nvidia ion gpu. The speed was always ok for me but my...
Hi @ all, I am actally using one of the first ZBOXes with dual core cpu and nvidia ion gpu. The speed was always ok for me but my...
Replies
Views
Have you seen this boxes: https://www.zotac.com/de/product/mini_pcs/zbox-c-series/all I'm using one (this) of them. It is mounted behind my livingroom TV. it is working very well.
Have you seen this boxes: https://www.zotac.com/de/product/mini_pcs/zbox-c-series/all I'm using one (this) of them. It is mounted...
I have been using a couple of Zotac ZBox mini PC's for providing the MP interface to the TV in the bedroom and the kitchen. I have...
Replies
Views
Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem myself but ive read lots of people who have had framerate slow downs due to heat transfer issues on the gpu. The Beelinks are my choice at the moment due to the Gigabit ethernet and larger HDD, but im...
Its ironic that you mention the vent on the Justop as overheating was one of the issues with the older model. Never had the problem...
There now seems to be a whole host of windows 10 based mini pc's to choose from and its time for me to buy another one for my sons...
Replies
Views
Correct, particularly if you are using DXVA hardware video decoding i.e. the video decoder inside the GPU.
Correct, particularly if you are using DXVA hardware video decoding i.e. the video decoder inside the GPU.
Hi all After I tried a month to have a Raspberry Pi 3 with Openelec and Mediaportal PVR plugin, connected to my livingroom MP...
Replies
Views
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi works like a charm. Switching channels is actually faster in the Shield compared with my MP Client. Unfortunately Voice Search does not work with the Kodi Database yet, but you can perform voice searches...
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi...
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a NVIDIA Shield TV. Anyone has experience with it yet? http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv From...
Replies
Views
Has the PIPO X8 ever been unbricked? Because I did the same to mine
Has the PIPO X8 ever been unbricked? Because I did the same to mine
Hi I have now my pipo x8 PC, and thought it is a good idea to make a separate thread. First impressions can be found here...
Replies
Views
In the UK, Ebuyer are selling the HP G260 mini PC for £99 currently - http://www.ebuyer.com/702840-hp-260-g1-desktop-mini-pc-k8l27ea-abu This uses an Intel Celeron 2957U dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU with a 10 execution unit GPU (15W TDP), so quite powerful for HTPC use. It comes with Win 8.1 Bing edition on a 32GB M2 SSD (8GB is a recovery...
In the UK, Ebuyer are selling the HP G260 mini PC for £99 currently -...
In the UK, Ebuyer are selling the HP G260 mini PC for £99 currently -...
Replies
Views
The small BIOS coin batteries in my 2 devices died years ago. I dont think the battery maintains any data essential to boot the device. The drive on my first one failed a couple of years ago. It showed up in BIOS as being only 8GB in size. I spent ages mucking about to try and get some life out of it running Windows again but gave up...
The small BIOS coin batteries in my 2 devices died years ago. I dont think the battery maintains any data essential to boot the...
Here is my user report and setup description of the Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC, which I bought from Amazon UK for 90...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Meegopad t02? DE
Hi Freethefire, i have bought the Meegopad on Amazon (http://www.amazon.de/MEEGOPAD-Intel-Atom-Computer-Graphics/dp/B017KQSUW6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1451989628&sr=8-9&keywords=Intel+Compute+Stick) with Windows 10 on board. The installation of MediaPortal 1 was easy and i set up the tv-server (DVB-C TechniSat Combo HD). I was...
Hi Freethefire, i have bought the Meegopad on Amazon...
Hello fellow MP users. I was wondering if anyone has tried using MP on the Meegopad t02/t01? Seems like it could be a nice low...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC (1 Viewer) DE
Hello, mega dredge probably but can anybody help me source the Sumvision Cyclone mini pc2 windows ISO. ? No longer available on the Sumvision site.
Hello, mega dredge probably but can anybody help me source the Sumvision Cyclone mini pc2 windows ISO. ? No longer available on...
Just bought one of these for £119 for use as an MP TV Client. It has a four core 1.83 MHz Atom processor and Intel Gen 7 HD...
Replies
Views
I believe the internal battery(3.5v) is what powers the clock and it is losing voltage cause of age. It is possible to replace.
I believe the internal battery(3.5v) is what powers the clock and it is losing voltage cause of age. It is possible to replace.
I get my hands on this little box and here's my review (in construction). If you have some request for testing go ahead, I'll do...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Raspberry Pi 2 B+ DE
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-is-coming-to-raspberry-pi.129519/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-is-coming-to-raspberry-pi.129519/
I see Windows 10 will be free for the Pi2 B+ that has just been released...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel Compute Stick DE
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I bought an Hanspree PC on a stick this week which is the same hardware as the Compute stick Gen 1 BUT without the annoying loud fan a lot of the reviews talk about. Results Mediaportal (version 1.14.0 as...
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I...
This one looks interesting, too slow for a MePo client?
Replies
Views
Nothing to be sorry about, it is only a sort of mission :D I always try to sensitize people explicit for Wi-Fi as major source of numerous problems. This is far too often unrecognized, unregarded, forgotten - AND! it seems to be applicable here, since your 1080p problem sounds like a classic Wi-Fi issue ;) Good luck.
Nothing to be sorry about, it is only a sort of mission :D I always try to sensitize people explicit for Wi-Fi as major source of...
I'm looking for a new small PC to hang of the back of a TV in the bedroom to serve as a mediaportal client. Will the Zotac ZBOX...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Small HTPC DE
I too have looked at these for a MP client. Can you tell me what OS you run on it and what the boot time is like?
I too have looked at these for a MP client. Can you tell me what OS you run on it and what the boot time is like?
I have just built my main htpc and am now looking at an sff machine to go in the bedroom (to replace a Humax HD). I have a tv...
Replies
Views
Local content or content on remote storage [affects PSU choice among other things]? Cheers - JCMP.
Local content or content on remote storage [affects PSU choice among other things]? Cheers - JCMP.
I haven't been following the hardware scene for a loooong time, my old mediacenter pc just burned out so I need to build / buy a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Small TV client DE
I have got a rpi as client in my bedroom but especially when your focus is on tv the rpi will be a very limited alternative to a mepo client. Zapping is very slow and some say that the picture quality is very poor as well. I actually don't see those quality differences but I won't consider myself as a professional anyway. When you can...
I have got a rpi as client in my bedroom but especially when your focus is on tv the rpi will be a very limited alternative to a...
Sorry I'm looking for a small, and with a little price, TV client for my bedroom. It's really difficult to find some nice...
Replies
Views
@osmyth FYI: I'm using the same APU in my Notebook and all I can say is, it don't have any Problem with live TV. Picture quality is just like on my R9-270x from my main HTPC.
@osmyth FYI: I'm using the same APU in my Notebook and all I can say is, it don't have any Problem with live TV. Picture quality is...
Hi guys, I'd like to recommend anybody who's considering buying a barebone commercial HTPC to have a look at the Sapphire Edge...
Replies
Views
I don't think it would be powerful enough to do Hi10P software decode (and the GPU wouldn't help, as explained in the XMBC link). If money is tight, I'd either think about a cheap desktop PC or a cheap, mid-range laptop e.g. http://www.serversplus.com/pcs_and_accessories/laptops/hp_laptops/h5v09ea%23abu (about £260 inc VAT after the...
I don't think it would be powerful enough to do Hi10P software decode (and the GPU wouldn't help, as explained in the XMBC link)...
Hey all, I've been using XBMC on my Raspberry Pi, and I'm looking to get started with a HTPC, preferably with a budget machine that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pivos XIOS DE
I actually, I put Linux with XBMC on it straigt away. I removed Android at once, as I've read boot up will take quite a long time. I had experiences with OpenELEC (XBMC direct boot based on LInux) and this should be similar. Results TVHeadend streaming (Linux): No fluent stream at all DVBviewer (Windows) Streaming: Every 2 or 3...
I actually, I put Linux with XBMC on it straigt away. I removed Android at once, as I've read boot up will take quite a long time...
Hi guys, had the Pivos XIOS ordered and installed Linux XBMC Version (Beta Version from 2013-01-29). But unfortunately, streaming...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel dc3217iye as MePo Client (1 Viewer) DE
Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I currently struggle some hardware issues, but software in general seems to work. If you speak some german, read more on my blog. Have a look at Zotac's solution and just combine it with a wireless keyboard -...
Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I...
This seem to be a perfect MePo Client, just add ram and disk and your good to go. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of...
Replies
Views
Ah yes, I was looking at the 7x00Ms and not the 7x00G.
Ah yes, I was looking at the 7x00Ms and not the 7x00G.
Sapphire are continuing to release their mini-PCs, and at this CES, they are showing off some New ones, including 2 based on...
Replies
Views
I just saw Aria.co.uk has the bluray version of this for a little over £200.. was wondering if anyone has one of these myself.. Would be nice for the bedroom as client. Expensive brick if it turns out not powerful enough!
I just saw Aria.co.uk has the bluray version of this for a little over £200.. was wondering if anyone has one of these myself...
Anyone used one of these? http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/entertainment-center/403/mc001-e.html?c=2296 Would the "64 bit Dual...
Replies
Views
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi Chef, MediaPortal runs on windows only.
Hi all, I need a very small (micro) PC or equivalent to be able to stream MP from my TV/Server and recently stumbled upon this...
Replies
Views
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider, is that depite the fact that this box is very little, is also quite noisy...:( I´m not 100% done with all the settings/setup of MP, but one reflection is that when I stream movies 560p or better, the fan...
How ´bout a WindBox?!? I´ve recently added one of those to my oldest son´s room and he´s soo happy! The only thing to consider...
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a distributed TV setup in my house. I've got my server / client setup in the lounge but need...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac Nano XS AD11 DE
are there any specs available with mp installed on it? thinking of buying this one...
are there any specs available with mp installed on it? thinking of buying this one...
Coming to stores this month. Since search didnt return any results on ad11 i figured, some of you havent got the announcement yet...
Replies
Views
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Hi guys, I am considering another small client (after being disappoint with my existing Zotac ION2 I am wary of these small low...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Acer Revo RL70 DE
Please add your thoughts about this device by adding a page to the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/All_in_One_Mini_HTPCs Log in with your forum login, then click add new page. If you have trouble making it look nice just add all the text and then send me a message and I will make it look nice...
Please add your thoughts about this device by adding a page to the wiki...
Think we could help each other here, I have got this, set it up and its running, Im a bit of a noob so might not be getting best...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom