Barebones and commercial HTPC's (9 Viewers)

This forum is for discussions about Barebones, and commercial HTPC's.
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware All in One Mini HTPCs: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/Mini_HTPCs_("All_in_One") Complete HTPC Systems...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New toy: Asrock ION 330 (2 Viewers) DE
thanks, i'm fine. Just get much less time for developing (if at all). Hope you are fine too. if you can get it for free - then grab it and use with W7+MP, as it is still capable of handling liveTV 1080i, though does it on its limit. TVSetup takes 50 seconds to open all scanned tv channels (i have 2.7k channels, but on my 4core phenom...
thanks, i'm fine. Just get much less time for developing (if at all). Hope you are fine too. if you can get it for free - then...
Hi, after my server died because of too much heat i was looking for a new system which is smaller, supports GPU HD acc...
Replies
Views
Hi @TheBatfink - it works for me, if you can live with the one off dropped Frame on 1080i (not using much HD at the moment, I have no HDTV TV Input). I have win 8 on it. The IR is not a normal MCE, it is a philips spinnel one, for which there is a beta Version of the IRSS.
Hi @TheBatfink - it works for me, if you can live with the one off dropped Frame on 1080i (not using much HD at the moment, I have...
Just found that Fierce PC have a few in stock in the UK (barebones and plus models) I've just ordered mine so don't mind saying...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC (5 Viewers) DE
Hello, mega dredge probably but can anybody help me source the Sumvision Cyclone mini pc2 windows ISO. ? No longer available on the Sumvision site.
Hello, mega dredge probably but can anybody help me source the Sumvision Cyclone mini pc2 windows ISO. ? No longer available on...
Just bought one of these for £119 for use as an MP TV Client. It has a four core 1.83 MHz Atom processor and Intel Gen 7 HD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 DE
I have now started this codec discussion on this part of the forum here, as it is more relevant. However, just by way of an update for others who may have similar problems, I installed the SAF6 codec pack by Hoborg and unlocked it. I started using the PDVD11 codecs which specifically use the GPU's processing power and after a fews...
I have now started this codec discussion on this part of the forum here, as it is more relevant. However, just by way of an...
check out this sweet baby: http://www.zotac.com/httpdocs/brochures/ZBOX/ZBOX-HD-ID11_v1.pdf newest intel atom CPU newest...
Replies
Views
the program is called hibernate trigger if i'm right. With this program you can execute a batchfile when a system goes in standby or comes out. When my system comes out of standby it waits a few sec to get the nic online, then send a wol packet to the server en then starts mediaportal. When going to standby I start a program killtask...
the program is called hibernate trigger if i'm right. With this program you can execute a batchfile when a system goes in standby...
Check this out - looks like they upped the specs and stuck in a good graphics card, this could be one superb Client - one model...
Replies
Views
The small BIOS coin batteries in my 2 devices died years ago. I dont think the battery maintains any data essential to boot the device. The drive on my first one failed a couple of years ago. It showed up in BIOS as being only 8GB in size. I spent ages mucking about to try and get some life out of it running Windows again but gave up...
The small BIOS coin batteries in my 2 devices died years ago. I dont think the battery maintains any data essential to boot the...
Here is my user report and setup description of the Justop G-PC Quad Core Windows 8.1 Mini PC, which I bought from Amazon UK for 90...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel dc3217iye as MePo Client (1 Viewer) DE
Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I currently struggle some hardware issues, but software in general seems to work. If you speak some german, read more on my blog. Have a look at Zotac's solution and just combine it with a wireless keyboard -...
Well, I think as a pure server, any Core-i-CPUs is oversized. I am currently to some research on MediaPortal on a Atom D2800. I...
This seem to be a perfect MePo Client, just add ram and disk and your good to go. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of...
Replies
Views
I believe the internal battery(3.5v) is what powers the clock and it is losing voltage cause of age. It is possible to replace.
I believe the internal battery(3.5v) is what powers the clock and it is losing voltage cause of age. It is possible to replace.
I get my hands on this little box and here's my review (in construction). If you have some request for testing go ahead, I'll do...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New; Dell ZINO HD DE
I used to be a field techy for dell, and anyone that has been there would probably never want a dell product entering their house lol. But even though I'd never buy dell products myself, I gotta say the specs for this are great for the prices. Not something that would blow all your savings and then leave you high and dry if it...
I used to be a field techy for dell, and anyone that has been there would probably never want a dell product entering their house...
Dell have just released some neat mITX HTPC's starting at $229 They use 2650e CPU in combo with HD3200 on board. Very neat little...
Replies
Views
After playing around late last night... I got it working. The problem is with the HDMI Drivers I suspect (or the TV) not supporting Dolby Digital or DTS thru HDMI. Only supports 2 channels of audio. I read up on other sites other people have that problem. That said, I used SAF anyways, with FFdshow enabling pass-thru and...
After playing around late last night... I got it working. The problem is with the HDMI Drivers I suspect (or the TV) not...
In my recent quest for a small(er) footprint client, I have been playing around with a few concept PC's. I started with the Dell...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ION DE
Might want to check out this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/ My Acer Revo 3610 (similar hardware to yours I think) plays back all of the formats you listed, but I am only using it as a client, i.e. TV cards are in a separate server. My codec setups are in the other thread. I...
Might want to check out this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/atom-ion-users-thread-86594/ My Acer...
So, has anyone tried an Ion based system yet? I'm really curious how well the MP interface performs with this chipset. I know it...
Replies
Views
tired a lot of programs even plex runs nice but only thing that runs great on XS35GT-V2 is cyberlink 11 as it has the purevideo by nvidia, which works well. running plex is also pretty nice but seems like hdd lag not gpu lag. i will be adding a ssd soon as i'm sure stutter is due to larger files and slow ass hdd and network, not sure...
tired a lot of programs even plex runs nice but only thing that runs great on XS35GT-V2 is cyberlink 11 as it has the purevideo by...
Following change in room layout, needed a smaller set up. Shuttle Barebones with ION graphics, 64G SSD & 4G RAM. Windows 7 (not...
Replies
Views
It should be.
It should be.
eBay seems to be flooded with these things at the moment. They come with WP7 installed but are a bit old-skool for hardware. I know...
Replies
Views
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi works like a charm. Switching channels is actually faster in the Shield compared with my MP Client. Unfortunately Voice Search does not work with the Kodi Database yet, but you can perform voice searches...
Just FYI I now bought the Shield TV during Black Friday for €159,00 with a free Remote. Live TV with the MP1 TV Server through Kodi...
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a NVIDIA Shield TV. Anyone has experience with it yet? http://shield.nvidia.com/android-tv From...
Replies
Views
The giada does giadatech.com/
The giada does giadatech.com/
ASUS - Desktop S1-AT5NM10E Price-wise, design and first technical specs seem to be ok What do you guys think about it?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel Compute Stick DE
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I bought an Hanspree PC on a stick this week which is the same hardware as the Compute stick Gen 1 BUT without the annoying loud fan a lot of the reviews talk about. Results Mediaportal (version 1.14.0 as...
I was going to start a new thread but I will update this one. Please forgive the thread revival but its along the same lines. I...
This one looks interesting, too slow for a MePo client?
Replies
Views
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly keeps the wife happy as its small and quiet. My set up my Aopen MP45-BDR is: CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme Mobile X9100 3.06Ghz RAM: 4GB DDR2 HDD Hitachi 7200rpm 320GB 2.5 HDD miniPCI-e: HP Tv Tuner Aver A310 -...
Great mini system got the MP45-BDR - Been running with this for almost a year now and its been really great. Most importantly...
I recently purchased an Aopen MP45-DR barebone PC to use as my HTPC client (the server being placed in another room). I thought...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I was surprised about your noise issue, mine produces not sound at all, even during summer time when weather is hot and playing with HD content (36 GB Avatar). I am extremely happy with this piece of hw, the only thing I am not 100% satisfied is the time it requires to boot up (around 2 minutes), but I hardly use it because I...
Yeah, I was surprised about your noise issue, mine produces not sound at all, even during summer time when weather is hot and...
Just wanted to share my experience with the Asrock 3d vision 137. I've been a fan of the Asrock Ion series for some time due to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ASRock Core 100HT DE
I'm thinking seriously of adding the Core 100HT-BD as a client, then moving my TVServer out of the media room. I'm considering the barebones unit and adding an i5-750 and 4 GB mem. I think a 32bit OS is all I'll ever need for just streaming media from the server. My gigabit wired network should carry the bandwidth just fine. The only...
I'm thinking seriously of adding the Core 100HT-BD as a client, then moving my TVServer out of the media room. I'm considering the...
Anyone out there got one? ASRock Core 100HT
Replies
Views
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Oopsie...type above... I've corrected it now :confused:
Hi guys, I am considering another small client (after being disappoint with my existing Zotac ION2 I am wary of these small low...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it run MediaPortal skins smoothly and play my 1080p mkv's without hiccups? Anyone have experience with this one? Emph
I'm looking at a Zotac ZBox DVD-RW ID31 right now (gonna put an SSD into it and use external storage for my collections), will it...
Hello everyone, can someone give me a hint? I am looking for a quiet (no fan noticable) HTPC, like the zotac hd-id40 I have...
Replies
Views
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! After couple of a months, I finnaly have DTS from my ZBOX Zotac to AV receiver! SAF6 works great!....nothing needed some a special setup. Just installed and it was all..... using WIN 8.1 64..... Tnx guys......
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! After couple of a months, I finnaly have DTS from my ZBOX Zotac to AV receiver! SAF6 works...
Hey Guys/Gals Just put together a new system with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS OCZ SSD 60 Gig Hard Drive 8 Gigs of ram in a Zotac...
Replies
Views
Has the PIPO X8 ever been unbricked? Because I did the same to mine
Has the PIPO X8 ever been unbricked? Because I did the same to mine
Hi I have now my pipo x8 PC, and thought it is a good idea to make a separate thread. First impressions can be found here...
Replies
Views
Here's the update, with some photos showing the M350 case attached via the VESA mounts to a cheap Dell 17" VGA screen. The screen is the only one I had around that has the Vesa mounts on it, and it works quite well - the picture quality is not as bad as I thought it would be, although MediaPortal does seem slow moving between screens...
Here's the update, with some photos showing the M350 case attached via the VESA mounts to a cheap Dell 17" VGA screen. The screen...
I have taken the plunge and ordered the parts for a new HTPC client, with the old Zalman working as the server. Having read a few...
Replies
Views
Thx, loc. Exactly, good tip. Thank you, I will configure it this way. I just have to order all devices. I was just checking if this is a good idea with laptop and it seems it is.
Thx, loc. Exactly, good tip. Thank you, I will configure it this way. I just have to order all devices. I was just checking if this...
I'm preparing to setup my 3rd client. This one will be placed in my bedroom. I analyzed mainly ION based barebones like: Zotac...
Replies
Views
Correct, particularly if you are using DXVA hardware video decoding i.e. the video decoder inside the GPU.
Correct, particularly if you are using DXVA hardware video decoding i.e. the video decoder inside the GPU.
Hi all After I tried a month to have a Raspberry Pi 3 with Openelec and Mediaportal PVR plugin, connected to my livingroom MP...
Replies
Views
I am. But I've decided to give nettops few more years to mature... :rolleyes: This is what I'm planning for now: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-htpc-please-comment.106233/
I am. But I've decided to give nettops few more years to mature... :rolleyes: This is what I'm planning for now...
I got myself an EB1501P few weeks ago and spent considerable time trying to make it work well, but have failed. The problem is a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xtreamer ultra - DE
And now I've found the Arctic MC101 which also looks pretty good!
And now I've found the Arctic MC101 which also looks pretty good!
At first glance looks to have the right specs for a MP client. Also noticed the marketing material references MP too... Wonder...
Replies
Views
We were all new to MP once ;) It is a steep learning curve, but that is because it can do soooo much! My pals (when they come around) like what it can do. One mate is especially envious as he is paying about £90 per month to Sky for multiroom, and I can pretty much do the same thing and have YouTube, iPlayer and all the other...
We were all new to MP once ;) It is a steep learning curve, but that is because it can do soooo much! My pals (when they come...
I want two clients for the lounge and bedroom, I need to: Play full BR rips from the server Watch sky HD channels from the server...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but for me I have 230-240Mbps (according to the Netgear software) which is perfect for HD content. I watch HD TV and blu-ray rip without any stuttering. The thing to know with the PCL technology is that it...
Re: AW: Asrock vision 3d 137B + Netgear XAVB5501 = the perfect MePo client? Yes. The netgear XAVB5501 is officialy at 500Mbps but...
Hello, I was searching for the perfect hardware for a MePo client, able to manage properly HD content (video and TV). I bought the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom