Codecs (4 Viewers)

Discuss audio and video codecs in here
Hi, is there any news about the new Version? Kind regards and thank you in advance...
Hi, is there any news about the new Version? Kind regards and thank you in advance...
SAF 6 On the begin i must say "thank you nevcairiel for your excelent work on LAVF!" What is new in SAF6? - SAF 6 is fully...
Replies
Views
Really sorry but I was wrong...: In MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder I set "MPC-MPA audio filter" to get AC3 audio through HDMI (not "MPC-Realaudio codec ", I remembered wrong). Only if I uninstall Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" choice come back. Using K-lite codec pack instead Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" is selectable...
Really sorry but I was wrong...: In MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder I set "MPC-MPA audio filter" to get AC3 audio...
Hi! Till some days ago I used the embedded ATI graphic HD3200 on my HTCP and with my last LG plasma I could hear Ac3 audio by HDMI...
Replies
Views
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto configurate it in mediaportal: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/blurry-tv-56169/index2.html#post389737 (Thanks to user CCob). I've been wondering. Wouldn't it be nice if mediaportal would add...
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto...
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto...
Replies
Views
Changing from Microsoft to Cyberlink for H.264 fixed it.
Changing from Microsoft to Cyberlink for H.264 fixed it.
I sometimes have problems watching some downloaded tv series... until now I have just "ignored" the issue but I feel it's time to...
Replies
Views
Did you fix your provblem? If not, this can be related to the "full RGB" / "limited RGB" settings. Everything from your TV settings, Nvidia settings, and codec settings must be coherent to have the correct colors.
Did you fix your provblem? If not, this can be related to the "full RGB" / "limited RGB" settings. Everything from your TV...
When I built my PC form here it was only for an HTPC and now I am having problems with picture quality. Few days ago I made Divx...
Replies
Views
sorted it. My amp needed the power pulling out for 30 seconds! Apparently turning off/on wasn't enough - it needed a full power cycle. As soon as I did this, sound started working again and I could see a full and proper graph in Graphstudio. Weird! Dont know why I still had no audio when directly connected to TV though?
sorted it. My amp needed the power pulling out for 30 seconds! Apparently turning off/on wasn't enough - it needed a full power...
MP has been working fine with no issues until this morning. Turned on the PC - no audio in any of my movies (although I do get...
Replies
Views
Hello The drive will work without additional software. For codecs, the easiest choice is the LAV codecs. You can install these via the MP Extension Installer link on your desktop. Playback of encrypted discs will not be possible without some external software. We don't recommend or discuss such software...
Hello The drive will work without additional software. For codecs, the easiest choice is the LAV codecs. You can install these...
I bought a Blu-ray drive with no software. What free and preferably open source software/codecs can I install to make it work in...
Replies
Views
LAV + 1
LAV + 1
I'm curious, I have try alot of diffrent codec and the last time I did use SAF and it did work very good. I did use it on almost...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Vuvuzela Filter DE
Watching Japan-Cameroun now with the mentioned frequencies turned down, and it certainly takes the edge off the damn horns... It does however mess up the speakers, and i need to turn up the volume quite a bit, giving the drums and low sounds quite a lot of unnessecary volume :P But that being said, i just came home from the local...
Watching Japan-Cameroun now with the mentioned frequencies turned down, and it certainly takes the edge off the damn horns... It...
Vuvuzela-Filter (Translate with google translate if you will) I sucessfully tried this out at work! I entered the 4...
Replies
Views
This is somewhat strange..., when I installed SAF 5 it gave me some errors about overwritting SAF 4 files (although it was uninstalled first). Now I've reinstalled SAF 5 and all is working as spected. The only thing I've changed from the first install is the subtitles option, when SAF asks about installing subtitles support I told it...
This is somewhat strange..., when I installed SAF 5 it gave me some errors about overwritting SAF 4 files (although it was...
Hi there; I'm having problems with some video files. The background audio is good but the voice is noisy and very low so I need...
Replies
Views
Another option with SAF5 unlock is to use PDVD10. For my part, I have the best result with this last one.
Another option with SAF5 unlock is to use PDVD10. For my part, I have the best result with this last one.
Trying to get VC-1 playable in mediaportal since I'm getting horrible stutters with microsofts decoder. Have tried setting ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Hey, thank you very much. I have test with SAF6 pack and everything's going fine :thanks: Shack
Hey, thank you very much. I have test with SAF6 pack and everything's going fine :thanks: Shack
Hi, my MP is unable to play files encoded with DIVX, whatever the version is. I can play them with WMP11, but MP says that it's...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Thanks for responding - and explaining that (I never knew about the "backward" compatibility). So in theory (depending on the format) I should be able to passthru the TrueHD and my receiver will trying and pay the none HD part of the track. I have tried enabling TrueHD passthru, disabling passhtru, different...
Hi there, Thanks for responding - and explaining that (I never knew about the "backward" compatibility). So in theory...
Hi there, I know there have been loads and loads of posts about this (believe me, I have searched and read most), but I am still...
Replies
Views
V
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to work with, but I've got something that performs pretty well. After some initial 'hiccups', which resulted in usage of the term 'impact electronics', as well as some foul language, I've got it playing...
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to...
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to...
Replies
Views
V
MP1 MP2 Codecs Subtitles DE
Solved it myself. Installed the latest version of the SAF codecs and the problem is gone.
Solved it myself. Installed the latest version of the SAF codecs and the problem is gone.
Hello,When I start a movie from my HD the Englisch subtitles are always there. It look like the subtitles embedded for deaf people...
Replies
Views
6850 != 5850 + next gen 6850 ~= 5750 + next gen AMD did some stupid renaming... :bitch: 6850 is a complete overkill for a HTPC though. You can play Crysis with this beast! Better wait for a lower midrange or a fusion part.
6850 != 5850 + next gen 6850 ~= 5750 + next gen AMD did some stupid renaming... :bitch: 6850 is a complete overkill for a...
Sorry for this stupid question, but does anyone know for sure what the current state of HW video playback acceleration is? The...
Replies
Views
1.1.0 is due december time, if i understood the post on the home page. Only just made the move to 1.0.2 myself since 1.0.0 was working fine. Just a thought, if they are HD recordings VLC won't play them, I just get a grey screen, although mplayer is fine
1.1.0 is due december time, if i understood the post on the home page. Only just made the move to 1.0.2 myself since 1.0.0 was...
Now this is odd, and I'm not pointing at MP here - I recorded some TV the other day and the files are there (*.TS streams). I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs SD quality...? DE
They are in extended desktop mode. 1280x1024 @ 75 hz for my computer monitor and 1920x1080 @ 50 hz (1080p) for my tv. I guess that it wouldn't be a problem in clone mode. But that's out of the question for me since I need different resolutions.
They are in extended desktop mode. 1280x1024 @ 75 hz for my computer monitor and 1920x1080 @ 50 hz (1080p) for my tv. I guess...
I have a strange problem. HD material is running exellent. I have NVidia 8400 GS with that new chip G98 which has full HD support...
Replies
Views
OK I've just realized why the sound is not working -- When I installed the latest version of Online videos I forgot to also update the latest Source URL splitter! all is working!
OK I've just realized why the sound is not working -- When I installed the latest version of Online videos I forgot to also...
Hi everyone, Have just installed SAF v6 to MP 1.13 and now the Audio in Online Videos plugin does not work! Everything else works...
Replies
Views
balillazul I have contacted hoborg for you and you should get a key in the next 24hrs, also removed your email address again, do not post it on any public forum. He contactado hoborg para usted y usted debe obtener una clave de 24 horas en el siguiente, también se elimina la dirección de correo electrónico nuevo, no lo publiques...
balillazul I have contacted hoborg for you and you should get a key in the next 24hrs, also removed your email address again, do...
Same functions as SAF 4.00, but MPC-HC decoder was replaced by FFDshow DXVA decoder. Send me PM if you want unlock SAF. You...
Replies
Views
Thanks. In that case, as the GPU is doing deinterlacing for TV and there's probably not much other video that'll be interlaced I'll not worry about it :)
Thanks. In that case, as the GPU is doing deinterlacing for TV and there's probably not much other video that'll be interlaced I'll...
Hello, I use SAF since version 4 (now version 6) and I use it with the suggested MePo settings that Hoborg describes in his thread...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs SAF & Windows 8 DE
Your hardware is pretty old (graphics card 2004 / cpu 2007), it might be that it is not good enough for Win8 Press shift+1, screenshot it. Check cpu usage during playback under XP vs Win8 Ensure renderer = EVR for W8 Do your GPU drivers for Win8 support dxva?
Your hardware is pretty old (graphics card 2004 / cpu 2007), it might be that it is not good enough for Win8 Press shift+1...
I used SAF with PDVD 10 successfully in XP & MP 1.2.3 for a while, to watch h.264 content from BBC/ITV1 HD. etc. I have now...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Reset codecs DE
WHuuuh? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: So apparently, I downloaded a complete series season like this.... LOL. (Ya, Im bad... I know) Sometimes it CAN be so simple... OK: Case closed. REN *.avi *.mkv Thank you for taking the time digging into this. :thx: :thx:
WHuuuh? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: So apparently, I downloaded a complete series season like this.... LOL. (Ya, Im bad... I know)...
I believe I have landed in what people call "CoDec Hell". No matter what I select as decoder in MP, it keeps using ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Are you talking about the CCC settings or the ffdshow one's as well? Either way, I still suspect that, even with all video settings disabled, NV12 and the other colorspaces look slightly different and therefore the only way to get consistent output is to ensure everything outputs in NV12 (as PDVD has to use this for hardware...
Are you talking about the CCC settings or the ffdshow one's as well? Either way, I still suspect that, even with all video...
Can anyone advise me what I should set the CCC video settings to? I'm running a 6950 and I use PDVD11 for TV and ffdshow for...
Replies
Views
Hi mm, I have attached the log for the non-reproducible error. I normally delete recorded tv straight after watching it. I will watch a recording tonight and make not of the glitch times and then send the times and log for that recording to you. Hopefully you may be able to see something in the attached file? Thanks again for...
Hi mm, I have attached the log for the non-reproducible error. I normally delete recorded tv straight after watching it. I will...
Hi Guys, I have a strange one. I have 4 radio channels, 2x SBS and 2x ABC....When previewing in TV SERVER config, they all play...
Replies
Views
Wouldn't you know it. About 20 mins or so after my last post, it started playing up again. I had another look at the SAF page again, and noticed that it recommended using 1.1.0 alpha. I installed that, and it's actually been much better. The volume is still lower than if I have the decoder connected direct to the television, but...
Wouldn't you know it. About 20 mins or so after my last post, it started playing up again. I had another look at the SAF page...
I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem, so apologies if this is the wrong area to ask. I have a HVR2200 in my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've installed LAV Video version 0.50.1 yesterday over the standard plugin download tool of MediaPortal and after this a large amount of videos were not playable anymore. I only got a black screen and the audio of the video. Furthemore a had a remote key latency of several seconds. So when I pressed a button it lasted 5...
Hi guys, I've installed LAV Video version 0.50.1 yesterday over the standard plugin download tool of MediaPortal and after this a...
Hi guys, I've installed LAV Video version 0.50.1 yesterday over the standard plugin download tool of MediaPortal and after this a...
Replies
Views
Yep!! Fixed, it was a mal configuration in media portal configuration menu with the codecs. Now perfect playback! Thanks
Yep!! Fixed, it was a mal configuration in media portal configuration menu with the codecs. Now perfect playback! Thanks
Hi All, I have a strange problem during playback of BDMW material trough media portal Installed saf 5 and as video for bluray...
Replies
Views
And now ther is a log Hello people, I have added a media portal log to my tread can someone look in to it for me? And tell me what i have done wrong :S Greetings E
And now ther is a log Hello people, I have added a media portal log to my tread can someone look in to it for me? And tell me...
Hello alle, Yesterday i have started installing media portal on a old PC, to give it a try... But now I have a problem: I...
Replies
Views
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and ITV HD (freesat) they are playing at 25fps progressive scan rather than 50fps interlaced. This makes the whole thing look like a movie rather than TV. Actually it's more like 24.7 so it's a bit stuttery...
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and...
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and...
Replies
Views
just use some tool such as FilMerit to raise the PDVD11 decoders' Merit to prefered. (run the tool as an Administrator) Its original merit is set to low to be of use outside of PowerDVD. I guess Hoborg prefers that you use his codecpack instead of teaching others anything useful.
just use some tool such as FilMerit to raise the PDVD11 decoders' Merit to prefered. (run the tool as an Administrator) Its...
I have installed Power DVD 11 (PDVD) but it doesn't show under the codecs section in Mepo. I tried to uninstall/reinstall Mepo and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom