Codecs (7 Viewers)

Discuss audio and video codecs in here
MP1 MP2 Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer) DE
Hi, is there any news about the new Version? Kind regards and thank you in advance...
Hi, is there any news about the new Version? Kind regards and thank you in advance...
SAF 6 On the begin i must say "thank you nevcairiel for your excelent work on LAVF!" What is new in SAF6? - SAF 6 is fully...
Replies
Views
I recently started to experience this problem in 1.22
I recently started to experience this problem in 1.22
Just updated to MP1.3 and have noticed that if I pause live tv or video content the lipsync will drop off (gets worse the longer...
Replies
Views
OK I've just realized why the sound is not working -- When I installed the latest version of Online videos I forgot to also update the latest Source URL splitter! all is working!
OK I've just realized why the sound is not working -- When I installed the latest version of Online videos I forgot to also...
Hi everyone, Have just installed SAF v6 to MP 1.13 and now the Audio in Online Videos plugin does not work! Everything else works...
Replies
Views
Ok thanx. Strange time we are living in. I could never imagine hardware being more flexible than software, but here I am. Can easily change bitrate for encoding on my hardware encoder tv card, can't figure out how to change it for the software one... =)
Ok thanx. Strange time we are living in. I could never imagine hardware being more flexible than software, but here I am. Can...
Hello, I am triyng to change the defaults for ATI Mpeg Encoder installed from Avivo Pack for ATI cards, to get more quality...
Replies
Views
This is a known bug. I thought this is related to win 10 and so I roled back to win 7, but here the same with the newest version. So I had to install win 10 again, grrrr. You can completly remove the audio device and remove also the driver in the device manager. Then reboot or search for new devices and windows will install the win...
This is a known bug. I thought this is related to win 10 and so I roled back to win 7, but here the same with the newest version...
Hello, Just tried to update my AMD video card drivers from 15.7 to 15.7.1 version and then I had no sound any more. When I tried to...
Replies
Views
You can actually do this with MediaPortal Audio Renderer. In LAV, do not bitstream anything. In MPAR, set it to force AC3 encoding.
You can actually do this with MediaPortal Audio Renderer. In LAV, do not bitstream anything. In MPAR, set it to force AC3 encoding.
Hello together, I've got a Mediaportal HTPC system running using my old Yamaha RX-V396 AV Receiver (5.1 speakers) which is...
Replies
Views
I'm not able to use LAV video decoder to play DVD. If i use LAV, the audio is OK (lav audio decoder) but the video is almost stationary. No problem with all Others files (mkv, avi, .......) No DVD problem if i use MS video decoder + Lav audio decoder (or MS audio decoder) instead of lav video decoder. someone else has the same...
I'm not able to use LAV video decoder to play DVD. If i use LAV, the audio is OK (lav audio decoder) but the video is almost...
I'm not able to use LAV video decoder to play DVD. If i use LAV, the audio is OK (lav audio decoder) but the video is almost...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure if this is related but after installing onlindevideos I now can't seem to get audio from ANYTHING but onlinevideos for example .mkv's like TV-series or movingpictures movies... :(
I'm not sure if this is related but after installing onlindevideos I now can't seem to get audio from ANYTHING but onlinevideos for...
Hello there, I seem to have a problem with my codecs. My DVD's, mkv's everything is playing fine. But now I've installed the...
Replies
Views
Hi, anyone knows if my GPU (integradted Intel HD of Pentium G3220) is capable of adaptive HW deinterlacing. The options in LAV-settings are greyed out. Thanks in Advance!
Hi, anyone knows if my GPU (integradted Intel HD of Pentium G3220) is capable of adaptive HW deinterlacing. The options in...
Hi, anyone knows if my GPU (integradted Intel HD of Pentium G3220) is capable of adaptive HW deinterlacing. The options in...
Replies
Views
Hello alexhhh We don't provide support for WMC or LAV. Nevertheless: 1. Are you sure WMC is using LAV (usually it uses the MS DTV-DVD codecs)? 2. Are you sure your soundbar supports decoding DTS? mm
Hello alexhhh We don't provide support for WMC or LAV. Nevertheless: 1. Are you sure WMC is using LAV (usually it uses the MS...
I cannot hear the audio in .mkv files that have DTS when I play them through WMC. If I use VLC player I can hear the audio fine...
Replies
Views
All SSD have concerns with how many times you can erase/write the same data blocks and a large number 10,000-100,000 erase/writes to the same block(s) can degrade the reliability of the high traffic data blocks. Since timeshift buffers sees a lots of writes they are more likely to see problems and I would not recommend using a SSD for...
All SSD have concerns with how many times you can erase/write the same data blocks and a large number 10,000-100,000 erase/writes...
Hi there I´ve a dedicated PC as HTPC with MP installed connect by HDMI to a Plasma TV and i use LAV Codec. My Card is NVIDIA GT610...
Replies
Views
Hi i´ve a Nvidia GT610 and i use LAV with Hardware decoder. What are the benefits if i active the settings in the image bellow?
Hi i´ve a Nvidia GT610 and i use LAV with Hardware decoder. What are the benefits if i active the settings in the image bellow?
Hey y'all, I came across CoreAVC http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc This got me wondering - money aside: Can other codecs...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs SAF & Windows 8 DE
Your hardware is pretty old (graphics card 2004 / cpu 2007), it might be that it is not good enough for Win8 Press shift+1, screenshot it. Check cpu usage during playback under XP vs Win8 Ensure renderer = EVR for W8 Do your GPU drivers for Win8 support dxva?
Your hardware is pretty old (graphics card 2004 / cpu 2007), it might be that it is not good enough for Win8 Press shift+1...
I used SAF with PDVD 10 successfully in XP & MP 1.2.3 for a while, to watch h.264 content from BBC/ITV1 HD. etc. I have now...
Replies
Views
Try Using VIDCODER Its Free And Pretty Strait Forward It Uses HANDBRAKE So Dont Uninstall It. In VIDCODER Under Setting VIDEO Change The Target Size (Ive Set It To 550mb) And The Picture Is The Same As The Source File. Hope This Helps
Try Using VIDCODER Its Free And Pretty Strait Forward It Uses HANDBRAKE So Dont Uninstall It. In VIDCODER Under Setting VIDEO...
Hi Guys, I am trying to sort out my TV Series by changing the format from .ts files to something more compact. I did think...
Replies
Views
indeed this nircmd a solution i used over yeras in combination with the multishortcut plugin, for multishortcut i created 2 shortcuts which I then put in my x10 remote controll to switch from there between a digital (optical connection to avr) and a analog sound device (analog connection to TV). With my new onkyo receiver i...
indeed this nircmd a solution i used over yeras in combination with the multishortcut plugin, for multishortcut i created 2...
This is a little complicated and apologies in advance if I use incorrect terminology to make things even more complicated... What...
Replies
Views
V
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to work with, but I've got something that performs pretty well. After some initial 'hiccups', which resulted in usage of the term 'impact electronics', as well as some foul language, I've got it playing...
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to...
I've been using an intel desktop board DM2800MT as a low-power HTPC. Due to the Intel GMA nonsense, it is an incredible pain to...
Replies
Views
V
MP1 MP2 Codecs ATI CCC deinterlace setting (1 Viewer) DE
This is weird. I now have Vector Adaptive in CCC but I haven't updated the drivers or used any hacks :confused:
This is weird. I now have Vector Adaptive in CCC but I haven't updated the drivers or used any hacks :confused:
On my other system I've always set the CCC deinterlace setting to Vector Adaptive but I'm setting up a system with onboard HD4250...
Replies
Views
Hello The drive will work without additional software. For codecs, the easiest choice is the LAV codecs. You can install these via the MP Extension Installer link on your desktop. Playback of encrypted discs will not be possible without some external software. We don't recommend or discuss such software...
Hello The drive will work without additional software. For codecs, the easiest choice is the LAV codecs. You can install these...
I bought a Blu-ray drive with no software. What free and preferably open source software/codecs can I install to make it work in...
Replies
Views
Its LAV + ffdshow. Its another choice ?
Its LAV + ffdshow. Its another choice ?
There is another codec pack besides saf, called BlackBelt Codec pack. I have been using it with MediaPortal 1.4.0 for a few days...
Replies
Views
eitherlav or lav and saf.
eitherlav or lav and saf.
Hi! I'm currently in the process of installing and configuring my new HTPC. Last time I did, CoreAVC, Haali and FFDshow was the...
Replies
Views
Found the solution on a forum. With Samsung LCDs you have to change the input (e.g. HDMI 1) type to "PC". It then handles the signal differently. Picture is crystal clear now. Stupid Samsung. Thanks for your help.
Found the solution on a forum. With Samsung LCDs you have to change the input (e.g. HDMI 1) type to "PC". It then handles the...
Hi all, I have just setup a new and working HTPC with MediaPortal to playback sat tv (DVBS2), MKVs and Blu Ray discs. I am going...
Replies
Views
I will ignore it :P Nevertheless, I'm still using ffdshow Audio because of it's capabilities to send TrueHD as AC3 to my A/V. What I mean is that It's a pity just to have the manual capability to delay with a non H/W-accelerating video decoder. In past I liked the slider very much, It' imho better than the MPAR for correcting...
I will ignore it :P Nevertheless, I'm still using ffdshow Audio because of it's capabilities to send TrueHD as AC3 to my A/V...
when you play a video, one can bring up the audio dialog, there it has the audio tracks and also a slider for make the audio in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Current best GT430 drivers? (1 Viewer) DE
that's cool. thanks a lot.
that's cool. thanks a lot.
Hi, are there any new driver releases worth trying? I'm noticing very slight audio ahead of video again on liveTV and its driving...
Replies
Views
Wow, thanks so much everyone, working like a dream now!! Cant believe how long ive spent with a crappy mismatched framerate, everything is silky smooth now!
Wow, thanks so much everyone, working like a dream now!! Cant believe how long ive spent with a crappy mismatched framerate...
Ive been using the Dynamic Refresh Rate tool in MPconfig but cant quite get rid of a slight judder when watching HD video. SD...
Replies
Views
Fixed. I was not a problem of W7 64 bits at all but a problem with the preset itself that was incorrect. Sorry for the mistake.
Fixed. I was not a problem of W7 64 bits at all but a problem with the preset itself that was incorrect. Sorry for the mistake.
Hello, I followed this excellent guide to upscale videos on MePo, using ffdshow raw video in post-processing, before LAV-Video...
Replies
Views
Correct (not possible) - what AC3 filter is doing is bass managment/redirection, which is normally done by an AVR or an active speaker system.
Correct (not possible) - what AC3 filter is doing is bass managment/redirection, which is normally done by an AVR or an active...
Is there any option to set this one up or am I just blind? Otherwise, I am stuck with AC3 Filter for the moment as the sound (bass)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs flac problems DE
ok managed to fix the files by converting the damaged files to flac from flac using ez cd audio convertor, all play and import fine now, very strange but at least i can fix them now!
ok managed to fix the files by converting the damaged files to flac from flac using ez cd audio convertor, all play and import fine...
i use ez audio cd converter to rip my music cds to flac and then i use tag&rename to tag them up, now most the time this works...
Replies
Views
I am running mepo out to my tv via hdmi and pass through my tv via spdif to my surround amp. My issue is using the passthrough settings on ffdshow I get a large variance in volumes with hd content from tv and music. I also get a sound glitch whenever I stop or start a video. I can rectify this to an extent by not using the...
I am running mepo out to my tv via hdmi and pass through my tv via spdif to my surround amp. My issue is using the passthrough...
I am running mepo out to my tv via hdmi and pass through my tv via spdif to my surround amp. My issue is using the passthrough...
Replies
Views
Well i searched for the problem in the internet, in forums and so on... but i couldnt find a solution or a version of ccc which finaly works. U have any idea?
Well i searched for the problem in the internet, in forums and so on... but i couldnt find a solution or a version of ccc which...
LAV Filters - DirectShow Media Splitter and Decoders - Doom9's Forum V0.45 Now the Lav filters can have a much wider...
Replies
Views
I have my HTPC connected with 2 methods. First with ATI HDMI to Pioneer receiver and second with VGA and PC Realtek audio to the TV directly. The reason for that is because sometime I don't want to turn on everything to use the HTPC. When I have the receiver on I can bitstream through HDMI surround with no problem but when I use PC...
I have my HTPC connected with 2 methods. First with ATI HDMI to Pioneer receiver and second with VGA and PC Realtek audio to the TV...
I have my HTPC connected with 2 methods. First with ATI HDMI to Pioneer receiver and second with VGA and PC Realtek audio to the TV...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've had sync issues for a while, and just wondering whether this settings could be causing it because the output mode doesn't match the media frame rate? I use dynamic refresh rate changer and my MePo flicks between 24 and 50 as needed depeding on if its playing movies or live tv. Just wondering what option should be selected...
Hi, I've had sync issues for a while, and just wondering whether this settings could be causing it because the output mode doesn't...
Hi, I've had sync issues for a while, and just wondering whether this settings could be causing it because the output mode doesn't...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom