Codecs (6 Viewers)

Discuss audio and video codecs in here
Hoborg helped me in his SAF6 thread:
Hoborg helped me in his SAF6 thread:
I have a couple of MKV movies that won't play DTS audio in MePo. I uninstalled and re-installed SAF 6 and set the audio decoders to...
Replies
Views
wow, big difference! fontengine that shipped with MP 1.2.1 is only 98kb. Not sure what it does. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am just guessing around until a dev can help. But with such a difference, something seems seriously wrong with your setup.
wow, big difference! fontengine that shipped with MP 1.2.1 is only 98kb. Not sure what it does. Like I mentioned in a previous...
Ive seen a few threads with this general title but none seem to have the same issue as me.. For some reason, one this noob can't...
Replies
Views
Actually didn't think of the chipset drivers. I'll give that a try and see if there is an update, thanks. Might fix the remaining few files that aren't playing right.
Actually didn't think of the chipset drivers. I'll give that a try and see if there is an update, thanks. Might fix the remaining...
Hello Movies in MKV with AC3 audio all play the centre channel out of the right front speaker. All over audio formats are fine...
Replies
Views
Are you talking about the CCC settings or the ffdshow one's as well? Either way, I still suspect that, even with all video settings disabled, NV12 and the other colorspaces look slightly different and therefore the only way to get consistent output is to ensure everything outputs in NV12 (as PDVD has to use this for hardware...
Are you talking about the CCC settings or the ffdshow one's as well? Either way, I still suspect that, even with all video...
Can anyone advise me what I should set the CCC video settings to? I'm running a 6950 and I use PDVD11 for TV and ffdshow for...
Replies
Views
I have the same type of problem, here's the thread I started on it. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/dts-passthrough-stutter-102836/
I have the same type of problem, here's the thread I started on it...
Hello, I have got Saf v6 110729 installed (unlocked). Ati 5450 connected to Onkyo HT-S3305B using hdmi. My aim is to play...
Replies
Views
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and ITV HD (freesat) they are playing at 25fps progressive scan rather than 50fps interlaced. This makes the whole thing look like a movie rather than TV. Actually it's more like 24.7 so it's a bit stuttery...
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and...
I thought I'd try PowerDVD 11 codec as an alternative to the microsoft ones for my HD channels Unforunately on BBC One HD and...
Replies
Views
Really sorry but I was wrong...: In MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder I set "MPC-MPA audio filter" to get AC3 audio through HDMI (not "MPC-Realaudio codec ", I remembered wrong). Only if I uninstall Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" choice come back. Using K-lite codec pack instead Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" is selectable...
Really sorry but I was wrong...: In MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder I set "MPC-MPA audio filter" to get AC3 audio...
Hi! Till some days ago I used the embedded ATI graphic HD3200 on my HTCP and with my last LG plasma I could hear Ac3 audio by HDMI...
Replies
Views
By using the asynchronous USB protocol, the USB device does not depend anymore on the timing from the Computer but you have to implement your own clock at the SPDIF generation. This reduces jitter dramaticly. You will notice a much more easyness and cleaness in the music. If you have some high quality Hifi components the...
By using the asynchronous USB protocol, the USB device does not depend anymore on the timing from the Computer but you have to...
I'm looking for an directshow renderer that has the option to use kernel streaming. I have a audiophile usb->spdif decoder...
Replies
Views
just use some tool such as FilMerit to raise the PDVD11 decoders' Merit to prefered. (run the tool as an Administrator) Its original merit is set to low to be of use outside of PowerDVD. I guess Hoborg prefers that you use his codecpack instead of teaching others anything useful.
just use some tool such as FilMerit to raise the PDVD11 decoders' Merit to prefered. (run the tool as an Administrator) Its...
I have installed Power DVD 11 (PDVD) but it doesn't show under the codecs section in Mepo. I tried to uninstall/reinstall Mepo and...
Replies
Views
I think FFDshow used in SAF4 doesnot support DTS core extrect. It should be working in unlocked SAF6. BTW, you can always return back to SAF4 if SA6 will cause any trouble to you.
I think FFDshow used in SAF4 doesnot support DTS core extrect. It should be working in unlocked SAF6. BTW, you can always return...
My HTPC is connected to my receiver with an SPDIF coax cable and SAF v4 is setup to passthrough DTS and DD audio to the Receiver...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ? Ah ok, I misunderstood his first post.
Re: AW: How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ? Ah ok, I misunderstood his first post.
Hi there ! My problem is as follows. I use Mediaportal on an Intel based Dual Core platform. (Intel G45 express chipset) I´ve...
Replies
Views
Changing from Microsoft to Cyberlink for H.264 fixed it.
Changing from Microsoft to Cyberlink for H.264 fixed it.
I sometimes have problems watching some downloaded tv series... until now I have just "ignored" the issue but I feel it's time to...
Replies
Views
SAF is pretty much the best choice out there right now..it does everything
SAF is pretty much the best choice out there right now..it does everything
So my files are 90% mkv, 8% m2ts, 2% avi. Of my ~ 800 movies 150 have DTS-HD/TrueHD (and am constantly replacing the non hd audio...
Replies
Views
I would try the ms codecs, they seem to be pretty good. Be aware of the risks of codec packs, they are hard to get rid of again.
I would try the ms codecs, they seem to be pretty good. Be aware of the risks of codec packs, they are hard to get rid of again.
I have been reading up on all of this as much as a I can to the point where my head feels like it is going to pop, so bare with me...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Black Screen DE
If you weren't aware of that then you need to be aware that you don't have to use the Cyberlink codecs at all. There are so many good free alternatives. If you have a problem with a specific file or file type then start a thread and ask for help and people will be able to recommend you some codecs that you can try. mm
If you weren't aware of that then you need to be aware that you don't have to use the Cyberlink codecs at all. There are so many...
Hello! First post and just because of a huge problem... :ooops: I'm using MePo 1.1.3.0 on my Win7 x86 HTPC with HD5450 and...
Replies
Views
Awesome thanks for all of the help. I decided to just remove the stereo channels when encoding. Any reason why this might be bad? It still plays fine on PC and other devices with a non 5.1 receiver.
Awesome thanks for all of the help. I decided to just remove the stereo channels when encoding. Any reason why this might be bad...
So I'm trying to get my movies I'm encoding myself to playback properly in 5.1. So what happens with most movies is they play back...
Replies
Views
Hi Andy, You can find information about this in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/adding-madvr-support-94582/ Just read the last 5 pages, and you're up to date :D :D :D
Hi Andy, You can find information about this in this thread...
Hi, are there any plans or ways to get MP1.2 use the madVR or Haali render-er, since i cant select those or choose from a...
Replies
Views
Hi PPB, I found that it was the plugin called IFC that was causing the problem. I just disabled it and it worked fine. Are you using IFC? M
Hi PPB, I found that it was the plugin called IFC that was causing the problem. I just disabled it and it worked fine. Are...
Hi Guys, I thought I would post in this part of the forum as it seems more relevant than the one it was in. I have recently...
Replies
Views
I'm setting up an XP based HTPC for my brother, that will run at 720x480(or maybe 576)@50i on an old CRT TV. I'm a bit confused by the various options such as Reclock, Mediaportal Audio Renderer, etc. Which would work best on this PC? EDIT: I seems that MAR only works with EVR so isn't an option under XP, so probably reclock is...
I'm setting up an XP based HTPC for my brother, that will run at 720x480(or maybe 576)@50i on an old CRT TV. I'm a bit confused...
I'm setting up an XP based HTPC for my brother, that will run at 720x480(or maybe 576)@50i on an old CRT TV. I'm a bit confused...
Replies
Views
Hi Mew, Just installed the latest version of SAF6 (saf600_110729) and I can adjust in ffdshow audio decoder a delay. (seen the option) Thanks for the tip! Will try the coming days to get rid of the lip sync issue. It also means that I can not use LAV audio decoder on the moment because I can not add the delay in there. I...
Hi Mew, Just installed the latest version of SAF6 (saf600_110729) and I can adjust in ffdshow audio decoder a delay. (seen the...
Hi, I just installed Mediaportal 1.2b with SAF6 (unlock) and all the recommended settings from Hoborg in his opening post for...
Replies
Views
Hello all I recently purchased the first 3 "Pirates of the Caribean" movies on BluRay. Usually when I buy BluRay titles, I rip them and watch them on my MediaPortal rig, and usually without any problems at all. However, all 3 PotC movies ended up with an issue I have not observed before on other rips: The video is playing with...
Hello all I recently purchased the first 3 "Pirates of the Caribean" movies on BluRay. Usually when I buy BluRay titles, I rip...
Hello all I recently purchased the first 3 "Pirates of the Caribean" movies on BluRay. Usually when I buy BluRay titles, I rip...
Replies
Views
AW: DTS not playing through speakers I think you have to convert DTS to Stereo to get sound.. What speakers do you mean anyway? TV speakers? Little more infos would be helpful.
AW: DTS not playing through speakers I think you have to convert DTS to Stereo to get sound.. What speakers do you mean anyway? TV...
With mediaportal 1.1.3, when I have a file that is using DTS, I do not get sound from the speakers, however, all others are working...
Replies
Views
And MediaPortal is only 32bit, so happily uses SAF6 codecs.
And MediaPortal is only 32bit, so happily uses SAF6 codecs.
Hi, Does SAF 6.0 support HD audio bitstream with no DXVA? Another question I have is why SAF needs Halli? The MKV splitter in...
Replies
Views
Hey, thank you very much. I have test with SAF6 pack and everything's going fine :thanks: Shack
Hey, thank you very much. I have test with SAF6 pack and everything's going fine :thanks: Shack
Hi, my MP is unable to play files encoded with DIVX, whatever the version is. I can play them with WMP11, but MP says that it's...
Replies
Views
I have fixed my system using this patch: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/submit-code-patches-mediaportal-tv-server-etc-325/fix-stuttering-corrupted-streaming-live-tv-91214/
I have fixed my system using this patch...
So I can get bitstreaming to work for a day at a time. I can get it to work in mpc-hc, wmp, and Me-Po but the next day it just...
Replies
Views
This is somewhat strange..., when I installed SAF 5 it gave me some errors about overwritting SAF 4 files (although it was uninstalled first). Now I've reinstalled SAF 5 and all is working as spected. The only thing I've changed from the first install is the subtitles option, when SAF asks about installing subtitles support I told it...
This is somewhat strange..., when I installed SAF 5 it gave me some errors about overwritting SAF 4 files (although it was...
Hi there; I'm having problems with some video files. The background audio is good but the voice is noisy and very low so I need...
Replies
Views
Yep, working well for me too now.
Yep, working well for me too now.
I just got an email about the release of CoreAVC 2.5, and thought i would try it out. My H.264 .mkv's play fine in WMP12 (and...
Replies
Views
AW: DivX with 2 channels playback problem! Haali Splitter installed?
AW: DivX with 2 channels playback problem! Haali Splitter installed?
Hi! I have DivX Files with 2 audio channels (german and english). Playing the file with MePo plays the two channels at the...
Replies
Views
The whole point of this is hardware acceleration on HD video thats why it uses the FFDshow DXVA codec
The whole point of this is hardware acceleration on HD video thats why it uses the FFDshow DXVA codec
Hello, I've just had to let Mediacenter windows 7 go. The reason is because its crap! Now i'm going for mediaportal. And...
Replies
Views
Yep!! Fixed, it was a mal configuration in media portal configuration menu with the codecs. Now perfect playback! Thanks
Yep!! Fixed, it was a mal configuration in media portal configuration menu with the codecs. Now perfect playback! Thanks
Hi All, I have a strange problem during playback of BDMW material trough media portal Installed saf 5 and as video for bluray...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom