Codecs (6 Viewers)

Discuss audio and video codecs in here
If your subtitles work more than a few mins ... i guess yes :)
If your subtitles work more than a few mins ... i guess yes :)
Running MediaPortal 1.1.2 with SAF 4, I have now have an issue with subtitles with MKV files created with the MakeMKV application...
Replies
Views
Another option with SAF5 unlock is to use PDVD10. For my part, I have the best result with this last one.
Another option with SAF5 unlock is to use PDVD10. For my part, I have the best result with this last one.
Trying to get VC-1 playable in mediaportal since I'm getting horrible stutters with microsofts decoder. Have tried setting ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Thanks for responding - and explaining that (I never knew about the "backward" compatibility). So in theory (depending on the format) I should be able to passthru the TrueHD and my receiver will trying and pay the none HD part of the track. I have tried enabling TrueHD passthru, disabling passhtru, different...
Hi there, Thanks for responding - and explaining that (I never knew about the "backward" compatibility). So in theory...
Hi there, I know there have been loads and loads of posts about this (believe me, I have searched and read most), but I am still...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Need Codec Help DE
Hi Cook, 1) I don't think there is something special to consider. 2) I am a fan of SAF (I use SAF 5 unlock). This is an easy way to install all the codecs you need in one pack. You can then use the default settings or make the adjustments you want in ffdshow (i.e. on my side I have the DTS in passthrough and the other are remixed in...
Hi Cook, 1) I don't think there is something special to consider. 2) I am a fan of SAF (I use SAF 5 unlock). This is an easy way to...
Hi Team! I need help/info on making my final codec choices before installing them. Here is my basic layout: 1) Windows 7 (64...
Replies
Views
yo im having similar issues with win 7 x64 ill try that tweaker tool mentioned in the post on the 1st page but ive had no luck so far with .M2TS files ...either directly from a bluray or a ripped blu ray when H264 video is involved..it works great with CoreAVC 2.0 video codec and MPC-MPA audio codec ..but VC1 isnt supported...
yo im having similar issues with win 7 x64 ill try that tweaker tool mentioned in the post on the 1st page but ive had no luck...
Hi guys, I just tryed everything to make this things work. This is the situation: I ripped the "The Police - Certifiable" BD in...
Replies
Views
BIOS Setting
BIOS Setting
Hello, after spending hours trying to enable DXVA support for a mkv file on a friend's ION 330-BDHT running Windows 7 and on my...
Replies
Views
6850 != 5850 + next gen 6850 ~= 5750 + next gen AMD did some stupid renaming... :bitch: 6850 is a complete overkill for a HTPC though. You can play Crysis with this beast! Better wait for a lower midrange or a fusion part.
6850 != 5850 + next gen 6850 ~= 5750 + next gen AMD did some stupid renaming... :bitch: 6850 is a complete overkill for a...
Sorry for this stupid question, but does anyone know for sure what the current state of HW video playback acceleration is? The...
Replies
Views
Thanks Hoborg! That explains a lot, thanks, I didnt know that, I thought it was there to watch video/TV as well. Lots
Thanks Hoborg! That explains a lot, thanks, I didnt know that, I thought it was there to watch video/TV as well. Lots
Hi, has anyone of you tested the Catalyst 10.2 BETA? Catalyst Beta 8.70 RC1 RC2 - Treiber - ATi-Forum.de After installing i...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Need new codecs DE
Hello all, I eventually gave up on Media Portal, despite its promise and potential due to too much failure. Alas I am back for round two, and an obvious problem occurs to me that the guides I'd read may have been for older versions of Media Portal, quite a dumb thing to miss the first time around. But thank you again for all your...
Hello all, I eventually gave up on Media Portal, despite its promise and potential due to too much failure. Alas I am back for...
Hi, I'm very new to Media Portal, and would very much appreciate some help. You see, the majoraty of the videos I have in Media...
Replies
Views
press "Y" to bring up the context menu click on "Main menu" click on "Audio Language" pick the funnest audio stream
press "Y" to bring up the context menu click on "Main menu" click on "Audio Language" pick the funnest audio stream
Dear All, Does Haali work with vob and mpg files? I want to change the audio stream of these files whilst watching in Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs Vuvuzela Filter DE
Watching Japan-Cameroun now with the mentioned frequencies turned down, and it certainly takes the edge off the damn horns... It does however mess up the speakers, and i need to turn up the volume quite a bit, giving the drums and low sounds quite a lot of unnessecary volume :P But that being said, i just came home from the local...
Watching Japan-Cameroun now with the mentioned frequencies turned down, and it certainly takes the edge off the damn horns... It...
Vuvuzela-Filter (Translate with google translate if you will) I sucessfully tried this out at work! I entered the 4...
Replies
Views
The link to the MainConcept SWEncoder seems to be out of date. I bought and installed the only encoder to do encoding of the analogue input on my Hauppauge DVT-400 cards (which work natively), MediaPortal didin't even see it, so I queried it with MainConcept. Following is a reply when I asked about the right encoder to use -...
The link to the MainConcept SWEncoder seems to be out of date. I bought and installed the only encoder to do encoding of the...
The link to the MainConcept SWEncoder seems to be out of date. I bought and installed the only encoder to do encoding of the...
Replies
Views
For some reason the powerdvd 9 codec doesnt seem to de-interlace TV video very well giving a poor picture in MP (the powerdvd 7 codec is flawless and gives a great picture). Do you have windows 7? If so, ive found that the built in Microsoft DTV codec gives an excellent picture.
For some reason the powerdvd 9 codec doesnt seem to de-interlace TV video very well giving a poor picture in MP (the powerdvd 7...
Hi, I have a digital everywhere dvb-c card in my HTPC, and have used the pdvd 9 mpeg-2 codec for a while to decode my tv signal...
Replies
Views
This is most likely a codec setup problem (assuming your amp can not change the audio setting and is just a straight passthrough of the analogue audio). What audio codec are you using? With things like AC3filter settings it will have different output speaker type settings (e.g. 2.0 or 5.1 etc). One option is usually "same as...
This is most likely a codec setup problem (assuming your amp can not change the audio setting and is just a straight passthrough of...
I've just upgraded my HTPC to Asus M4A78pHTPC. It has integrated ATI Radeon HD3200 and "High Definition" audio. Although I only...
Replies
Views
And now ther is a log Hello people, I have added a media portal log to my tread can someone look in to it for me? And tell me what i have done wrong :S Greetings E
And now ther is a log Hello people, I have added a media portal log to my tread can someone look in to it for me? And tell me...
Hello alle, Yesterday i have started installing media portal on a old PC, to give it a try... But now I have a problem: I...
Replies
Views
I've found the source of the problem. And that wasn't video... FFDShow from SAF was taking all AC3/AAC/DTS/etc decoding. High-bitrate audio was making it a slow as a turtle :) I've disabled it in FFDShow settings and switched to Dscaler and Monogram. Now it's all working perfectly. By the way... what do you mean by *unlocking* SAF...
I've found the source of the problem. And that wasn't video... FFDShow from SAF was taking all AC3/AAC/DTS/etc decoding...
Strange situation... I've installed latest Media Player Classic Home Cinema and now use "MPC Video Decoder" for H.264 and MPEG-2 in...
Replies
Views
Ok.
Ok.
I connected my PC to my AV receiver using analog outputs (5.1), but I haven't found so far a way to specify volumes or delays for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs MP3 Codec? DE
What music format are you using ? (mp3 / flac / monkey audio / whatever ) Are you using the BASS internal player for you music ? Can you provide logs please.
What music format are you using ? (mp3 / flac / monkey audio / whatever ) Are you using the BASS internal player for you music ...
I spent 6 1/2 hrs cleaning up my music directory, and organizing everything. Re-imported everything back into the music...
Replies
Views
not sure, but the ones included in HD pack work with external apps CyberLink H.264 Decoder (PDVD9) v2.2.0.527 [27.04.2009] CyberLink H.264 Decoder (PDVD8) v2.4.0.1426 [16.04.2009] When i was using pdvd8 i installed CyberLink.2217aU_TaRe38_DVD081201-06.exe and it still worked, i think the changes happened soon after that update.
not sure, but the ones included in HD pack work with external apps CyberLink H.264 Decoder (PDVD9) v2.2.0.527 [27.04.2009]...
I used to use the Cyberlink codec from PowerDVD which was bundled with the BD drive (7.3) After the last update (necessary for...
Replies
Views
Wouldn't you know it. About 20 mins or so after my last post, it started playing up again. I had another look at the SAF page again, and noticed that it recommended using 1.1.0 alpha. I installed that, and it's actually been much better. The volume is still lower than if I have the decoder connected direct to the television, but...
Wouldn't you know it. About 20 mins or so after my last post, it started playing up again. I had another look at the SAF page...
I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem, so apologies if this is the wrong area to ask. I have a HVR2200 in my...
Replies
Views
Recently I've started having problems with some mpeg movies and clips, most notably mpeg-1. They take a very long time (sometime minutes) to start. I'm using the FFDshow which I have been using since the beginning and I didn't make any major changes to the settings. I noticed they use the haali splitter which I disabled but no luck...
Recently I've started having problems with some mpeg movies and clips, most notably mpeg-1. They take a very long time (sometime...
Recently I've started having problems with some mpeg movies and clips, most notably mpeg-1. They take a very long time (sometime...
Replies
Views
HI thanks for the feedbacks I checked with graphstudio and the cyberlink codec is indeed used while the DVD movie is playing. It does not seem to be a difference if I enable subtitles or not (when playing DVD with embedded subtitles, does DVXA still works ? I understand it does not when you use an additional subtitle filter when...
HI thanks for the feedbacks I checked with graphstudio and the cyberlink codec is indeed used while the DVD movie is playing. It...
Hi, When watching DVD (ripped to local SATA hard drive in native VOB format with no alteration) during scene panning the video...
Replies
Views
1.1.0 is due december time, if i understood the post on the home page. Only just made the move to 1.0.2 myself since 1.0.0 was working fine. Just a thought, if they are HD recordings VLC won't play them, I just get a grey screen, although mplayer is fine
1.1.0 is due december time, if i understood the post on the home page. Only just made the move to 1.0.2 myself since 1.0.0 was...
Now this is odd, and I'm not pointing at MP here - I recorded some TV the other day and the files are there (*.TS streams). I...
Replies
Views
I will give it a go tonight after work & let you know how it goes :thx:
I will give it a go tonight after work & let you know how it goes :thx:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the codecs on MP can some one please run me through what codecs i need to install and how to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codecs SD quality...? DE
They are in extended desktop mode. 1280x1024 @ 75 hz for my computer monitor and 1920x1080 @ 50 hz (1080p) for my tv. I guess that it wouldn't be a problem in clone mode. But that's out of the question for me since I need different resolutions.
They are in extended desktop mode. 1280x1024 @ 75 hz for my computer monitor and 1920x1080 @ 50 hz (1080p) for my tv. I guess...
I have a strange problem. HD material is running exellent. I have NVidia 8400 GS with that new chip G98 which has full HD support...
Replies
Views
The logs open fine with WinRar here. Just wanted to inform.
The logs open fine with WinRar here. Just wanted to inform.
Hi i have a 1280X528 resolution file encoded in Matroska format(MKV). whenever this file is stopped MP stops to respond...
Replies
Views
1) Install DXVA enabled codec 2) Set the codec to be used in MP 3) play video in MP Only subtitles (excluding DVD and TV) aren't currently working with DXVA, but as soon as following task is done all kind of subtitles are possible to use with DXVA -> 0002155: Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine - MediaPortal Bugtracker
1) Install DXVA enabled codec 2) Set the codec to be used in MP 3) play video in MP Only subtitles (excluding DVD and TV)...
Hi all, Don't know if been posted before (I've never seen it) just stumbled on this page. Might be of some help. Watching...
Replies
Views
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto configurate it in mediaportal: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/blurry-tv-56169/index2.html#post389737 (Thanks to user CCob). I've been wondering. Wouldn't it be nice if mediaportal would add...
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto...
I've been reading about yadif (Yet Another De-Interlacing Filter). This in now standard in FFDshow tryouts Beta 6 Howto...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom