Communication (3 Viewers)

Discussions about WLAN, LAN, Bluetooth and other communication hardware and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 Powerline networking (1 Viewer) DE
FYI - I've used Powerline for long time with good results [mostly]. Current generation is TP-Link 200MBs units - 2 x 3 port switch units for NAS/Main TV/Smart TV & Dev Boxs 1,2&3 + 2 single port units for TV Server and router Link. TV is ONLY SD, but works without issue or delay, HD content from NAS to Dev boxes works fine.. All...
FYI - I've used Powerline for long time with good results [mostly]. Current generation is TP-Link 200MBs units - 2 x 3 port switch...
Has anyone had any luck with running their home media network over mains powerline adapters? I had some D-link 10/100 units at...
Replies
Views
my hp-stream8 tablet, more or less the same CPU/SystemOnChip, same wifi, etc setup,as your mini-pc, use task manager Performance/Wifi to watch network, copy large video file from tablet to desktop/server, wifi performance is 8-10 Mbps with tablet in living room, 10-13 Mbps if I go to bedroom and stand a few feet from wifi router...
my hp-stream8 tablet, more or less the same CPU/SystemOnChip, same wifi, etc setup,as your mini-pc, use task manager...
On my 150+ mbps optic fibre wifi I am only getting <10 mbps whereas my desktop I get over 150 and the desktop this replaced was...
Replies
Views
Greetings! I have bought the HP Media Center IR Receiver/Blaster. It was recognized correctly by Win7 as a eHome Infrared receiver. I am using EventGhost and used the Microsoft MCE Remote Vista/Win7 plugin. It works correctly when using certain IR commands as triggers in MediaPortal. (using the MessagePlugin) 1. However, whenever I...
Greetings! I have bought the HP Media Center IR Receiver/Blaster. It was recognized correctly by Win7 as a eHome Infrared...
Greetings! I have bought the HP Media Center IR Receiver/Blaster. It was recognized correctly by Win7 as a eHome Infrared...
Replies
Views
Do you mean throughput or are you talking negotiated speed - try dropping a huge file on to another PC over the Gb network and tell me the transfer rate (if you get around 100MB/s you are doing very well :) )
Do you mean throughput or are you talking negotiated speed - try dropping a huge file on to another PC over the Gb network and tell...
Hi Guys, I am about to install a Gigabit network and thought I would just try everything out before knocking holes in walls and...
Replies
Views
Glad you got it sorted, should of been able to access drives locally though :S
Glad you got it sorted, should of been able to access drives locally though :S
Hi Guys, I have Googled this issue first, but cannot seem to get to the bottom of it, hence asking on the forum of all...
Replies
Views
Just ran across this thread. You'd need to specify static IPs for each HDHomerun, and a static IP on the NIC on the mobo, all in the same subnet of course, and in a different subnet than your internal network. You don't need a router, just a switch. If you want the tuners to have internet access, you'll need to turn on Routing and...
Just ran across this thread. You'd need to specify static IPs for each HDHomerun, and a static IP on the NIC on the mobo, all in...
I've got an ASUS mobo that has 2 LAN ports. I'm thinking of using this mobo for my TV-Server. Do you think I would have an issue...
Replies
Views
To see if cabling is fine, easy trick is just connect 2 "gigabit" enabled devices (each to 1 side) if you get a report its "100mbit" then they have "cheap" cables .. to replace the wires is 50/50 worth the effort you put in to it .. if you want the cable isn't expensive .. the sockets are .. if they have 4 pins in each socket...
To see if cabling is fine, easy trick is just connect 2 "gigabit" enabled devices (each to 1 side) if you get a report its...
Hello everyone, since we are moving into our new flat soon i want to optimize our home network structure. About the wanted...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Getting IPhone/Touch hipporemote pro to work properly I tried Couchpotatoe yesterday - nice project, but with hipporemot i could control the complete PC (with mouse and keyboard) not only Mediaportal - so for me i stay by Hipporemote in the moment
AW: Re: Getting IPhone/Touch hipporemote pro to work properly I tried Couchpotatoe yesterday - nice project, but with hipporemot i...
Is anybody using the hipporemote pro app to control MP? Just installed and most commands work fine eccept the vital 'back' button...
Replies
Views
Hi Jay, Cheers for the response... Ideally the TV is not connected to a PC however I could find something to use if necessary... Remote control wise, although not ideals, I have the Android Remote installed which seems to work fine over the network... I will go and research these video transmitters and see if its a viable...
Hi Jay, Cheers for the response... Ideally the TV is not connected to a PC however I could find something to use if...
Hi Guys, I've just signed up after reading up a bit about MediaPortal, and getting a basic test installation sorted on my...
Replies
Views
Have you enabled the remote in the MP configuration application?
Have you enabled the remote in the MP configuration application?
Hi guys, I have this Antec veris fusion black HTPC case, which have a MCE remote with it. And for the love of god I can not get...
Replies
Views
Yeah that's what I thought, thank you.
Yeah that's what I thought, thank you.
Anyone have any suggestions on what remote technology is the best to use for a HTPC? The way I see it we have Bluetooth, WiFi and...
Replies
Views
CPL tested and CPL approved ! Even in my "old" house ! I have bought the netgear XAVB5501 (500Mbps) and I can stream HD content (TV and video) successfully.
CPL tested and CPL approved ! Even in my "old" house ! I have bought the netgear XAVB5501 (500Mbps) and I can stream HD content (TV...
Hello, I'm about to install a client at the first floor in my house and I'm wondering if wifi-n is powerful enough for this MePo...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Wi-Fi Projector DE
AW: Wi-Fi Projector Maybe this sounds interessting... but expensive! Amazon.com: Philips SWW1800/27 Wireless HDTV Link: Electronics
AW: Wi-Fi Projector Maybe this sounds interessting... but expensive! Amazon.com: Philips SWW1800/27 Wireless HDTV Link: Electronics
Hello guys. I want to ask you for some suggestions about connecting projector through wifi. Let me explain. PC with...
Replies
Views
i had problems with my wireless also...from a bandwidth standpoint also.. so i bit the bullet and got an electrician to come to my house and install straight-thru ethernet cables to 2 wall sockets in my house... one for the PC room(where my files are downloaded to) and the other to my loungeroom(where my bigscreen/5.1 system are...
i had problems with my wireless also...from a bandwidth standpoint also.. so i bit the bullet and got an electrician to come to...
Hi, Can anyone please recommend a reliable, low power use, preferably cheap to purchase USB adapter. I've had a number of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Intel ISCSI boot DE
Finally got it working. DG45ID mainboard booting off iSCSI via Broadcom NetXtreme II adapter with iSCSI firmware. Only seems to work with Win7, everything else crashed when loading installation programs from the DVD.
Finally got it working. DG45ID mainboard booting off iSCSI via Broadcom NetXtreme II adapter with iSCSI firmware. Only seems to...
Attempting to get ISCSI boot working in my HTPC using a Intel Pro1000PT with there ISCSI boot firmware. Should I be able to ping...
Replies
Views
Hallo Gemeinde, ich würde gern mit meinem HTPC (Mediaportal) auf die Aufnahmen der Festplatte meiner Dreambox 7020 (Gemini-Image) zugreifen bzw. abspielen. Über FTP kann ich den Inhalt der Festplatte sehen aber nicht abspielen. Mit diversen Plugins hier aus dem Forum kann ich ebenfalls auf die Box zugreifen und TV sehen und...
Hallo Gemeinde, ich würde gern mit meinem HTPC (Mediaportal) auf die Aufnahmen der Festplatte meiner Dreambox 7020 (Gemini-Image)...
Hallo Gemeinde, ich würde gern mit meinem HTPC (Mediaportal) auf die Aufnahmen der Festplatte meiner Dreambox 7020 (Gemini-Image)...
Replies
Views
Yes-you're right! I confirmed this. Thx! I will remove the wireless adapter and use a cable instead.
Yes-you're right! I confirmed this. Thx! I will remove the wireless adapter and use a cable instead.
I need help with my wireless router. It is a netgear WPNT834 streaming wirelessly to a WPN121(USB adapter). My cpu is a P4 3.2GHz...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Wireless N routers DE
Some info on my setup: I've been using wireless-n since I built my rig at the beginning of this year. I have a Netgear WNR834B wireless router on my quad Phenom desktop and a Netgear WN311B adapter on my HTPC. The router is connected to cable internet via a VoIP analogue adapter through the cable modem. I have had no issues with...
Some info on my setup: I've been using wireless-n since I built my rig at the beginning of this year. I have a Netgear WNR834B...
ive been looking into upgrading my current netgear wireless G router to an 802.11n capable wireless router so that i can stream...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 playback issues over lan? (1 Viewer) DE
An update on this I have disabled the "Enable Importer While In GUI Mode" under the advanced options of movingpictures which has gotten rid of the crash but is a temporary solution for now. The reason I even looked for such a feature was because of this error in my moving pictures log: 16-Jun-2009 20:15:00 Info [...
An update on this I have disabled the "Enable Importer While In GUI Mode" under the advanced options of movingpictures which has...
Hello, Since I have returned home from college I have transferred all over my media over to my father's home server. It is a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Home Network Issues DE
Great, thanks for the help! I've still got some tinkering to do, but all of these suggestions have gotten me on the right track.
Great, thanks for the help! I've still got some tinkering to do, but all of these suggestions have gotten me on the right track.
Hi all, I hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I've got a couple of network issues that have been bugging me for a while...
Replies
Views
what type of videos? how do you want to watch them? Do you mean *real* streaming or just playing from one PC to the next? The most basic setup would be to share the directories where the videos are on the PC with the videos and access them from the PC playing them, loading them directly into your media player. Personnaly, I have such...
what type of videos? how do you want to watch them? Do you mean *real* streaming or just playing from one PC to the next? The most...
How can I watch videos by streaming between 2 PCs in a local lan??? TY
Replies
Views
Top Bottom