Deploytool pre RC3 version (3 Viewers)

The patch from the community member is nothing else but the latest files as released by microsoft for WindowsXP MCE. It is only required for WinXP, not for Vista. In Vista the dvb-fix is allready "included".
The patch from the community member is nothing else but the latest files as released by microsoft for WindowsXP MCE. It is only...
Hi, just an opinion, it would be nice if the mp installer took care of BDA/DVB hotfix in order to make it one step nearer to a one...
Replies
Views
That Vista 64 ist supported isn't right in the new RC2 because I get a Message in the configure tool for the TV-Server and the MP - Configurator In the meantime, i have a solution found: I installed a native MP-Client on a other system and copy the complete structure to my MP-PC - and now it works. So the problem is the setup...
That Vista 64 ist supported isn't right in the new RC2 because I get a Message in the configure tool for the TV-Server and the MP -...
I want to install the RC2 then first I lost my complete setting f.e. XMLTV, TV-channels and my settings of the MP itself. Then I...
Replies
Views
How would I install the ApplicationLocations.xml file?
How would I install the ApplicationLocations.xml file?
When I get to this step in the MediaPortal Installation Tool: "Please set the needed options for the TV-server installation:" I...
Replies
Views
hi, yesterday i installed the new rc2. when asked for the sqlserver password (by the deploytool), i used a password that did not meet the security requirements. so during the unattended server installation i got an error message, the mediaportal installation stopped and i had to restart the mediaportal installer. maybe no real...
hi, yesterday i installed the new rc2. when asked for the sqlserver password (by the deploytool), i used a password that did not...
hi, yesterday i installed the new rc2. when asked for the sqlserver password (by the deploytool), i used a password that did not...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Updating DE
It seems such a shame - this util could be fabulous :)
It seems such a shame - this util could be fabulous :)
Just a quick question: Why are devs not using the 'update' feature of the mpi installer? The only time I have ever managed to get...
Replies
Views
Hi, ive noticed that if c: is compressed using windows feature, when trying to install mysql 5 i get a message saying that the installation cant be done in a compressed folder. i compressed all my units before installing mp and after installing a clean windows so i guess that it would be nice to advice about this, or to do...
Hi, ive noticed that if c: is compressed using windows feature, when trying to install mysql 5 i get a message saying that the...
Hi, ive noticed that if c: is compressed using windows feature, when trying to install mysql 5 i get a message saying that the...
Replies
Views
Hi my Configuration Tool crashed after the installation every time i started it. I found out afterwards that my Spyware and Antivirus deleted these files as spyware: Program Files/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/bass.dll All Users/Local/Temp/bassmod.dll Just to let you know that common AntiVirus might stop MediaPortal from working.
Hi my Configuration Tool crashed after the installation every time i started it. I found out afterwards that my Spyware and...
Hi my Configuration Tool crashed after the installation every time i started it. I found out afterwards that my Spyware and...
Replies
Views
For me it has fixed the problem - but my XP installation is not a 100% standard installation - I've disabled 'bout 20 services that are not required for a media center amongst some other things. I've been doing some searching about this warning and the most valuable information about it I've found here: The configuration of the...
For me it has fixed the problem - but my XP installation is not a 100% standard installation - I've disabled 'bout 20 services that...
1) Maybe it would be possible to add the new SQL 2005 security update...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SQL Problem DE
This is not a bug of MP, because it happens to me also if I try to install sql express on it's own. However, I can not use the TV server because I can not make SQL installation to finish succesfully. While installing sql I get the following message: ------------------------------ TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup...
This is not a bug of MP, because it happens to me also if I try to install sql express on it's own. However, I can not use the TV...
This is not a bug of MP, because it happens to me also if I try to install sql express on it's own. However, I can not use the TV...
Replies
Views
I don't know if this is only when you install weekly svn builds or if it's always like this. I think I have only noticed in the weekly svn's. I think it's wrong that during the installation/unistallation process several error messages are displayed in the onscreen log list. Here's an output: Terminating processes ...
I don't know if this is only when you install weekly svn builds or if it's always like this. I think I have only noticed in the...
I don't know if this is only when you install weekly svn builds or if it's always like this. I think I have only noticed in the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the tip! Rescheduling is not a big issue, but finding recordings is, so :thx:
Thanks for the tip! Rescheduling is not a big issue, but finding recordings is, so :thx:
Just a stupid question from someone only a few weeks with MP. ;) Can I just install RC2 and it updates from my previous RC1 or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installer - My TV (1 Viewer) DE
The question "Do you want to watch TV with MediaPortal" is not meant to decide if "MyTV" should be installed or not. Its purpose is to decide if you need the TV-Server or not. If you say "No" to this question, only MediaPortal will be installed and no further questions regarding TV will be asked. If you want MyTV to dissapear...
The question "Do you want to watch TV with MediaPortal" is not meant to decide if "MyTV" should be installed or not. Its purpose is...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: XP MCE 2600xpsp080413-2111: Service...
Replies
Views
Deploy tool says that a "Very old MP/TV-Engine installation" was / is "removed" even on a machine which never had any kind of MediaPortal installation. I suggest (in fact infinityloop dropped this line in IRC ;)) to rename the "removed" tag into "not present" because it is more accurate plus some unexperienced users might thing...
Deploy tool says that a "Very old MP/TV-Engine installation" was / is "removed" even on a machine which never had any kind of...
Deploy tool says that a "Very old MP/TV-Engine installation" was / is "removed" even on a machine which never had any kind of...
Replies
Views
right, thoise are the languages .NET gives us. You have some of them with main country+local strings ( like it-IT ) where you have same language but differnet regional terms (it-IT/it-CH or en-US/en-UK) ,and some others not because they are spoken only in 1 country. This is the way .NET handle languages, so nothing we can do about...
right, thoise are the languages .NET gives us. You have some of them with main country+local strings ( like it-IT ) where you have...
Hi Just installing RC2 and can see in the first dialog box(Choose Language), that some names are Case sensitive and others are...
Replies
Views
Using Windows XP SP2 (installing SP3 atm) : When ticking "Configure Windows Firewall to allow external access to TV-Server" and Firewall is disabled I get this Unhandled Exception. Unticking the option give me no error anymore. Similar to : 0001214: DeployTool throws an error if WindowsFirewall Service is not running - MediaPortal...
Using Windows XP SP2 (installing SP3 atm) : When ticking "Configure Windows Firewall to allow external access to TV-Server" and...
Using Windows XP SP2 (installing SP3 atm) : When ticking "Configure Windows Firewall to allow external access to TV-Server" and...
Replies
Views
When will be available the new release (RC2)? thanks
When will be available the new release (RC2)? thanks
The installation steps download the required soft, this work fine without errors, but in the deploy folder the files downloaded are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silent install DE
How do i install this new version silent/unattended ?:S
Replies
Views
davidg, instead of using one-click installation, select advanced and personalize SQL password. Simone
davidg, instead of using one-click installation, select advanced and personalize SQL password. Simone
My windows is in a windows 2003 domain so i have to meet the password policy requirements. Basic installation of RC1 is not...
Replies
Views
in rc2 the problem still exists, activating the firewall resolves it
in rc2 the problem still exists, activating the firewall resolves it
Can anyone help please. I've just uninstalled my old Mediaportal and tried to install the new one which combines TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
.net 2.0 missing, as original poster found.
.net 2.0 missing, as original poster found.
Hi im trying to install the rc1 refresh on my computor, nut when i unpackit it just gives me some bullshit about that the...
Replies
Views
After SQL Server fails installation (because of too little diskspace), deploytool correctly shows a popup message about this failure. However, after that it shows the "You succesfully completed the setup of MediaPortal" window.
After SQL Server fails installation (because of too little diskspace), deploytool correctly shows a popup message about this...
After SQL Server fails installation (because of too little diskspace), deploytool correctly shows a popup message about this...
Replies
Views
I already had a RC1 installation, so the RC2 deploytool needs to un-install RC1 at the end. This results in the following exception: Access to the path 'D:\temp\uninstall-mp.exe' is denied. (D:\temp\ is my temporary folder.) See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this...
I already had a RC1 installation, so the RC2 deploytool needs to un-install RC1 at the end. This results in the following...
I already had a RC1 installation, so the RC2 deploytool needs to un-install RC1 at the end. This results in the following...
Replies
Views
pbb, you have the possiility to download Wireshark: Go deep. ? I'm interested in a network capture of your environment... Simone
pbb, you have the possiility to download Wireshark: Go deep. ? I'm interested in a network capture of your environment... Simone
Hi, Didn't see that this was reported before, maybe I am the only one seeing this, or everybody went to do something else during...
Replies
Views
Some more addonwork, but I think it should be nice if, at some time, MP installation would ask something like : Is this computer dedicated to MediaPortal. If yes is answered, then some interesting option could be offered like : Automatic login : see : How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP Automatic Background ...
Some more addonwork, but I think it should be nice if, at some time, MP installation would ask something like : Is this computer...
Some more addonwork, but I think it should be nice if, at some time, MP installation would ask something like : Is this computer...
Replies
Views
Ok, let's start again : The PC I am working on does not have internet ... It will have later. 1) I installed Visual C++ NOT SP1 on my computer (I installed all other needed component too : DirectX ... and son on) 2) I copied the C++ installation files in the temp MediaPortal installation directory, so that MP feel like having...
Ok, let's start again : The PC I am working on does not have internet ... It will have later. 1) I installed Visual C++ NOT SP1...
I got visual C++ installed, but MediaPortal does not see it. Using Windows XP SP2 On the screenshot, you can see - On the...
Replies
Views
Hi, You need the x86 version to run MediaPortal since it is a 32bit app, same goes for codecs(it needs x86 codecs & not x64, cause app it's x86. When a x64 app runs it needs codecs for x64 ;) ) Regards Roy
Hi, You need the x86 version to run MediaPortal since it is a 32bit app, same goes for codecs(it needs x86 codecs & not x64...
I successfully installed RC01 on a brandnew system without much of a problem. The only things are that Visual C++ Redist. has...
Replies
Views
Please try again with the new code in SVN. I just fixed mantis bug 1227, Back button is not always working as expected Simone
Please try again with the new code in SVN. I just fixed mantis bug 1227, Back button is not always working as expected Simone
If you walk through the installer, and choose to use MS SQL Server, and continue on to the SQL Server installation directory, and...
Replies
Views
And thats EXACTLY the reason why a clean install is required. Or should the migrate tool fix also broken databases and not compliant plugins? :)
And thats EXACTLY the reason why a clean install is required. Or should the migrate tool fix also broken databases and not...
As always this new release of MP1 RC1 is a total nightmare to install. It could be REALLY GREAT to have an option to import...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Some suggestions DE
I found some notes I made during the MP install I did recently for the RC1 (sorry for the delay in posting). These are not really bugs, but I think it could make the tool (and the first impression that a new user gets from MP) better. Some may seem to be nitpicking, but I think that improving small things is also important. So here...
I found some notes I made during the MP install I did recently for the RC1 (sorry for the delay in posting). These are not really...
I found some notes I made during the MP install I did recently for the RC1 (sorry for the delay in posting). These are not really...
Replies
Views
Hey - calm down... :-) Spoiled means "verwöhnt" :-) Anyway - the reply you've got was way beyond the beyond - sad thing :-) Regards Axel
Hey - calm down... :-) Spoiled means "verwöhnt" :-) Anyway - the reply you've got was way beyond the beyond - sad thing :-)...
Hello from Germany, I would like to make a little future request for the installation Tool: If you are a new user to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom