Deploytool pre RC3 version (1 Viewer)

MP1 MP2 Where is Dscaler? DE
That's good to know....:thx: Chuck
That's good to know....:thx: Chuck
was it not in the install? I can't get a decent aspect with the built-in codec without Dscaler. How do I go about getting MP1rc1...
Replies
Views
Hi dont know if it same error as mine has gone away but sound like same problem, so i check my firewall settings (vista) as i had firewall turned off. Now i click on "turn firewall on/off " and got windows message saying service is not running do you want to turn it on, i click yes and firewall options to turn on/off opened then i...
Hi dont know if it same error as mine has gone away but sound like same problem, so i check my firewall settings (vista) as i had...
Hi, i have problems to install the new mediaportal version. to install the new version i uninstalled/deleted my old mediaportal...
Replies
Views
Ok, this is the same thing I get. I even have tried uninstalling everything mediaportal and SQL05. I still get this same message when I try to run the TV-server config tool.
Ok, this is the same thing I get. I even have tried uninstalling everything mediaportal and SQL05. I still get this same message...
Hi Folks, When I use the 1-click install I get this error during MSSQLExpress. SQL Server Setup could not connect to the...
Replies
Views
Same here. Fresh XP install except I had the Media Portal Beta on and unintalled it.
Same here. Fresh XP install except I had the Media Portal Beta on and unintalled it.
Hi, after struggling for severeal days - I need help. I can't install the new MP1 RC1 with the deploy-tool I get this error "%1 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have to agree, the question "Do you want to watch HDTV" is not good. Edit: I've reworked my reply, because I wasn't making much sense myself either... My comments on the HDTV question: 1. Dubious wording The question is: "Do you want to watch HDTV." Now if you really need to know, yes I want to watch HDTV. I can't...
Hi all, I have to agree, the question "Do you want to watch HDTV" is not good. Edit: I've reworked my reply, because I wasn't...
What is the HD option in the installation process for? Does it install a codec? The options should be better explained in the...
Replies
Views
I was also unable to install RC1 refresh, crashed at a similar place. I will look into it once I get home to give better details.
I was also unable to install RC1 refresh, crashed at a similar place. I will look into it once I get home to give better details.
Deploy tool crashes in any option I choose - one click vs advanced vs MS SQL vs MySQL. Clean install - never had MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Thanks all - the system does work if you get the right details :lol:
Thanks all - the system does work if you get the right details :lol:
A new install of the 'refresh' package. No I don't use MP for the TV Advanced install Use the install button at the top to get...
Replies
Views
pbb, you have the possiility to download Wireshark: Go deep. ? I'm interested in a network capture of your environment... Simone
pbb, you have the possiility to download Wireshark: Go deep. ? I'm interested in a network capture of your environment... Simone
Hi, Didn't see that this was reported before, maybe I am the only one seeing this, or everybody went to do something else during...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Can't install RC1 DE
I alredy found it in mantis: 0001214: DeployTool throws an error if WindowsFirewall Service is not running - MediaPortal Bugtracker :P Simone
I alredy found it in mantis: 0001214: DeployTool throws an error if WindowsFirewall Service is not running - MediaPortal Bugtracker...
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: Windows Version: Vista 32 Bit CPU Type: BE-2400...
Replies
Views
thank you that's what i wanted cheers brad
thank you that's what i wanted cheers brad
hi just installed mp1 server client on vista 64 bit all working great. when installing there is no option to select server and...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your time. I've done a repair on the OS and all is good - well Media Portal installs even if I can't get the Client TV to stream from the server. On to the next problem! Cheers, Och
Thanks for your time. I've done a repair on the OS and all is good - well Media Portal installs even if I can't get the Client...
I am trying to install 1.0 RC1 and the deploy tool is reporting 'Your operating system is not supported by Media Portal'; see ...
Replies
Views
Great! :thx: Very cool. I will remove the wiki manual entry that I added when RC2 comes out and includes your fix.
Great! :thx: Very cool. I will remove the wiki manual entry that I added when RC2 comes out and includes your fix.
During initial installation, deploytool will throw errors if Windows Firewall is disabled.
Replies
Views
For me it has fixed the problem - but my XP installation is not a 100% standard installation - I've disabled 'bout 20 services that are not required for a media center amongst some other things. I've been doing some searching about this warning and the most valuable information about it I've found here: The configuration of the...
For me it has fixed the problem - but my XP installation is not a 100% standard installation - I've disabled 'bout 20 services that...
1) Maybe it would be possible to add the new SQL 2005 security update...
Replies
Views
I think it would be nice if the last screen of the installer had a message like: Downloading is complete. You can copy the folder "<location here>" to another PC and run "MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe" to start the installation. I think it would avoid a lot of questions as people not read the manual/readme even if there are warning...
I think it would be nice if the last screen of the installer had a message like: Downloading is complete. You can copy the folder...
First off, great work guys - I think the deploy tool is a big step forward for the wider acceptance of MP!! I'm trying to...
Replies
Views
Hey - calm down... :-) Spoiled means "verwöhnt" :-) Anyway - the reply you've got was way beyond the beyond - sad thing :-) Regards Axel
Hey - calm down... :-) Spoiled means "verwöhnt" :-) Anyway - the reply you've got was way beyond the beyond - sad thing :-)...
Hello from Germany, I would like to make a little future request for the installation Tool: If you are a new user to...
Replies
Views
The patch from the community member is nothing else but the latest files as released by microsoft for WindowsXP MCE. It is only required for WinXP, not for Vista. In Vista the dvb-fix is allready "included".
The patch from the community member is nothing else but the latest files as released by microsoft for WindowsXP MCE. It is only...
Hi, just an opinion, it would be nice if the mp installer took care of BDA/DVB hotfix in order to make it one step nearer to a one...
Replies
Views
in rc2 the problem still exists, activating the firewall resolves it
in rc2 the problem still exists, activating the firewall resolves it
Can anyone help please. I've just uninstalled my old Mediaportal and tried to install the new one which combines TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the tip! Rescheduling is not a big issue, but finding recordings is, so :thx:
Thanks for the tip! Rescheduling is not a big issue, but finding recordings is, so :thx:
Just a stupid question from someone only a few weeks with MP. ;) Can I just install RC2 and it updates from my previous RC1 or...
Replies
Views
That Vista 64 ist supported isn't right in the new RC2 because I get a Message in the configure tool for the TV-Server and the MP - Configurator In the meantime, i have a solution found: I installed a native MP-Client on a other system and copy the complete structure to my MP-PC - and now it works. So the problem is the setup...
That Vista 64 ist supported isn't right in the new RC2 because I get a Message in the configure tool for the TV-Server and the MP -...
I want to install the RC2 then first I lost my complete setting f.e. XMLTV, TV-channels and my settings of the MP itself. Then I...
Replies
Views
This worked perfectly, thanks :)
This worked perfectly, thanks :)
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: Trying to use MP1 RC1 MediaPortal Skin: Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel...
Replies
Views
right, thoise are the languages .NET gives us. You have some of them with main country+local strings ( like it-IT ) where you have same language but differnet regional terms (it-IT/it-CH or en-US/en-UK) ,and some others not because they are spoken only in 1 country. This is the way .NET handle languages, so nothing we can do about...
right, thoise are the languages .NET gives us. You have some of them with main country+local strings ( like it-IT ) where you have...
Hi Just installing RC2 and can see in the first dialog box(Choose Language), that some names are Case sensitive and others are...
Replies
Views
Ok, let's start again : The PC I am working on does not have internet ... It will have later. 1) I installed Visual C++ NOT SP1 on my computer (I installed all other needed component too : DirectX ... and son on) 2) I copied the C++ installation files in the temp MediaPortal installation directory, so that MP feel like having...
Ok, let's start again : The PC I am working on does not have internet ... It will have later. 1) I installed Visual C++ NOT SP1...
I got visual C++ installed, but MediaPortal does not see it. Using Windows XP SP2 On the screenshot, you can see - On the...
Replies
Views
When will be available the new release (RC2)? thanks
When will be available the new release (RC2)? thanks
The installation steps download the required soft, this work fine without errors, but in the deploy folder the files downloaded are...
Replies
Views
Hi, That folder it's for uninstall of TV Plugin & it's needed.... Regards Roy
Hi, That folder it's for uninstall of TV Plugin & it's needed.... Regards Roy
Hello, client installation creates unnessesary tv-server program group and directory. backslash
Replies
Views
This is exactly what keeps me from changing to MP1 RC whatever - I have some 100 unwatched recordings (don't tell me I will never make it to watch them, if I didn't already make it by now :D) in this specific format. Is there a convenient way to convert all those files to some standard formats and then re-import the stuff to the MP1...
This is exactly what keeps me from changing to MP1 RC whatever - I have some 100 unwatched recordings (don't tell me I will never...
Hello: Just a question... Is there any way to update from 0.2.3.0 without losing all data?
Replies
Views
.net 2.0 missing, as original poster found.
.net 2.0 missing, as original poster found.
Hi im trying to install the rc1 refresh on my computor, nut when i unpackit it just gives me some bullshit about that the...
Replies
Views
This worked - thanks.
This worked - thanks.
The TVservice included in RC1 won't start. I get this dialog :- If I remove the TVserver from the control panel Add/Remove...
Replies
Views
Please try again with the new code in SVN. I just fixed mantis bug 1227, Back button is not always working as expected Simone
Please try again with the new code in SVN. I just fixed mantis bug 1227, Back button is not always working as expected Simone
If you walk through the installer, and choose to use MS SQL Server, and continue on to the SQL Server installation directory, and...
Replies
Views
How would I install the ApplicationLocations.xml file?
How would I install the ApplicationLocations.xml file?
When I get to this step in the MediaPortal Installation Tool: "Please set the needed options for the TV-server installation:" I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Updating DE
It seems such a shame - this util could be fabulous :)
It seems such a shame - this util could be fabulous :)
Just a quick question: Why are devs not using the 'update' feature of the mpi installer? The only time I have ever managed to get...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom