Displays (3 Viewers)

Discussions about LCD, Plasma, Backprojection, Videobeamers, ect. go in here
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed my old one that I first modified with a 80mm Papst fan. Now it all is fine and calm.
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed...
As I have a great Panasonic plasma screen, I´ld like to have a great picture quality. The screen has almost any available plugs...
Replies
Views
K
MP1 MP2 Using a projector DE
I have a Mitsubishi HC6000 projector which I have hooked up to my HTPC via a HDMI splitter box and it's great. Even DVDs look pretty good on the 2m wide screen, hi-def stuff looks awesome. Admittedly I have a fairly "old" LCD panel (also hooked up to the HDMI splitter), but the picture on my projector is actually better than the TV...
I have a Mitsubishi HC6000 projector which I have hooked up to my HTPC via a HDMI splitter box and it's great. Even DVDs look...
Hey just beginning to build a new media system with MMC whan I saw MP. I will probably go with MP. I am thinking about getting a...
Replies
Views
M
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there) caught it but others may not be so lucky so be warned! Mike
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there)...
Just purchased a 42" lg plasma with dvi input. I wont to hook my pc upto it and set up a small htpc. Main question is. 1...
Replies
Views
A
I'm new here so go easy please...here's my 2p worth I have a 50 inch Pioneer PDP-504HDE and it is the best and most used gadget I own, and I'm very happy with it. I considered a TI DLP based projector but alas renting a flat doesn't exactly allow for installing the trim to hide the projector neatly. Back to the technical...
I'm new here so go easy please...here's my 2p worth I have a 50 inch Pioneer PDP-504HDE and it is the best and most used gadget I...
Hello folks.... I have sold my old monitor (tv) and am getting a new one, and wanted to share some ideas and see what some of...
Replies
Views
I had a 42" plasma at the lower res, and loved it. Depending on how close you are too it, you wont be able to really read text at the 1024x768. But then again, I was about 8' away from mine. really. I ran it at 800x600 and it just looked awesome (it interpolates it). However, shop around, while I love newegg, I find them...
I had a 42" plasma at the lower res, and loved it. Depending on how close you are too it, you wont be able to really read text...
OK now that I have a nice HTPC with this wonderful piece of software that MediaPortal is I'm decided to buy a plasma TV as my...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Which 32" LCD HDTV DE
thanks, this thread cna problem can be closed. I went with samsung LCD its great but the wife hates it.
thanks, this thread cna problem can be closed. I went with samsung LCD its great but the wife hates it.
I'm in the market for a new 32" LCD HD TV I got some good prices from the local retail shop Which one? NEC -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New Flat Screen DE
hello, thx for your statements. i've bought last week a 32" philips lcd (32PF5321!). my htpc is connected over dvi to hdmi and the picture is brilliant.
hello, thx for your statements. i've bought last week a 32" philips lcd (32PF5321!). my htpc is connected over dvi to hdmi...
hello, i'm searchung for a flat screen! any pro&contra between lcd and plasma? which kind of flat screen do you prefer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choosing an LCD tv DE
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I would not purchase the model you are referring to for HTPC use without confirming on a forum like www.avforums.co.uk or www.avsforum.com that this model has changed Sharps pollicy. regards knut
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I...
This may be wandering out of scope for MediaPortal's forums, but can anyone give advice about choosing an LCD tv to go with my...
Replies
Views
1366x768 - I think this is more or less standard native resolution for a wide set of LCD TVs.. Mine is 32". And I tried a lot of different ways to set up native resolution and nothing.. Even tried some software that allows you to build custom INF files for a monitor to force video adapter to use other resolutions, but this didn't work...
1366x768 - I think this is more or less standard native resolution for a wide set of LCD TVs.. Mine is 32". And I tried a lot of...
Hi all, i read many threads about dvi/hdmi, vga/vga, etc. but i am not sure what solution will be the best quality. Please can...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 32" Hd Lcd £399 DE
Specs are as follows: Inputs - Component Composite Two RGB Scarts S-Video HDMI PC VGA Max res - SXGA 1280 x 1024 75Hz
Specs are as follows: Inputs - Component Composite Two RGB Scarts S-Video HDMI PC VGA Max res - SXGA 1280 x 1024 75Hz
Hi, I have just got home with a 32" HD LCD made by Technovision. It was bought from Tesco for £399.97 It is amazing in...
Replies
Views
okay... finally. i didnt believed in all you guys and got a DVI--> cable for my samsung 37' LCD which is told all over the internet to dont accept it. it does. perfectly fine. with 0% overscan at all.. so to all the samsung out there who want to use hdmi: just give it a try and invest the 10 bucks for a cable. btw: i'm using...
okay... finally. i didnt believed in all you guys and got a DVI--> cable for my samsung 37' LCD which is told all over the internet...
Hi, I would like to hear your oppinion about these three possibilities. But please, replay only if you have practical...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Info: Pixelmapping DE
You have to sign up first....then you can edit
You have to sign up first....then you can edit
Read more about pixelmapping, and why it is important here Test if your TV supports 1:1 pixelmapping here or here Some...
Replies
Views
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the juddervision that the 60Hz refresh rate would have given me. Now obviously I'm left looking for a replacement 32" LCD that will allow me to use the 50Hz (or a multiple of 25 I believe) refresh rate, a...
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the...
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Samsung LE26R32B DE
Yup I would connect via PC inpunt, that will work fine at same quality. I think my TV (newer version) has HDMI from PC support so I do not have your problem
Yup I would connect via PC inpunt, that will work fine at same quality. I think my TV (newer version) has HDMI from PC support so...
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with this LCD TV (Samsung LE26R32B)? There is a promotion going on in one of the electronic...
Replies
Views
Hey martin nope decided against mostly because of viewing angles!! I borrowed a 22" from work hooked it up... when i was in the far corners of my couch i got the whitish glare... going for a px80 instead when my credit card will let me :-)
Hey martin nope decided against mostly because of viewing angles!! I borrowed a 22" from work hooked it up... when i was in the...
Could i just hook up an "ordinary lcd widescreen" monitor to my htpc and use that as a TV?? can a pc screen run HD?? What are...
Replies
Views
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP perfect on the screen. I must say that I was surprised not all TV's work like my LG-LCD. I send 1360x768 directly on the HDMI of my own LG-set and don't have any overscan. It just fits the screen perfectly...
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP...
This LCD television has 2 HDMI inputs and a seperate PC input(I guess it's VGA). The resolution of the panel in the specs is...
Replies
Views
Ok. Thanks anyway. I suppose the hitting it turns it back on thing seems to point to dodgy solder. Mine too started in hot weather/days with heating on. Thanks, Chris
Ok. Thanks anyway. I suppose the hitting it turns it back on thing seems to point to dodgy solder. Mine too started in hot...
Hi, I have a problem with a Philips Plasma TV conected to my PC. It cuts out. Some sort of relay goes click, sometimes...
Replies
Views
RE: problem with setting res on new LCD!! Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us. Thanks a lot!
RE: problem with setting res on new LCD!! Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us. Thanks a lot!
hi all! I have a noob question here and have to apologize in advance if answer is already around but i just couldn't find it...
Replies
Views
Interesting, i did as you said but the desktop was considerably smaller than the screen. I then did some overscan to the tune of 15% to make it fit the screen but the picture wasnt the greatest. Im better of keeping to the VGA. Its an interesting problem. It might be driver related or limitations of the 1250 onboard graphics.
Interesting, i did as you said but the desktop was considerably smaller than the screen. I then did some overscan to the tune of...
Hi All, I have recently purchased a Samsung 46" F8 series Samsung LCD and i am having a resolution issue using hdmi to hdmi or...
Replies
Views
excellent, I appreciate your responses. no need to keep searching then, tomorrow i'll get it!
excellent, I appreciate your responses. no need to keep searching then, tomorrow i'll get it!
I am planning to get a Samsung 46" N87 and I heard that there may be problems with pixel mapping (this thread for example...
Replies
Views
YES VGA ist also analog!
YES VGA ist also analog!
Which is the best method to connect the pc to the plasma tv panel? I can connect via S-Video, VGA, DVI or via YPbPr ! At the...
Replies
Views
SOLVED! The problem is in fact in the TV settings. You have to go in the Define inputs setting and set the HDMI input to "PC". In this case the TV will not deinterlace the picture, so it will not shake. Now the picture is perfect! Well, it leaves you with the interlaced picture, but you can't notice it from a normal viewing...
SOLVED! The problem is in fact in the TV settings. You have to go in the Define inputs setting and set the HDMI input to "PC"...
Hello. I've bought a new Philips 47" FullHD LCD and I connected it to my laptop over a DVI to HDMI cable. The picture shows in...
Replies
Views
Those put everyone's TV's to shame! :) But if you buy a new TV, you need something suitably impressive to put it in.... AICO - Entertainment Units
Those put everyone's TV's to shame! :) But if you buy a new TV, you need something suitably impressive to put it in.... AICO -...
Hmm... The 12 monsters of TV Makes my 37" plasma look puny! :rolleyes:
Replies
Views
Hi. I got tired of all the connection problems. In the end I took the plunge and upgraded my ancient CRT for a new LCD TV. It costed a lot more than a cheap graphics card but I think it is worth it. It's perfect :) Thanks for your support anyway.
Hi. I got tired of all the connection problems. In the end I took the plunge and upgraded my ancient CRT for a new LCD TV. It...
I have just completed (more or less) my first HTPC project... a micro-atx box, mobo with built in ATI graphics processor, and a 3x...
Replies
Views
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on in this case) for a room of 6.5 to 4.2 meters with a big glass front (see picture - the marked area in blue is the window). I winter, I do not have any problems, but in summer, the sun can be bright in...
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on...
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on...
Replies
Views
Using a 16:10 ratio will cause some aspects of skin to be shown incorrectly, so do not post bugs about this, that should be your only problem.
Using a 16:10 ratio will cause some aspects of skin to be shown incorrectly, so do not post bugs about this, that should be your...
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a Samsung 220HD to run with Media Portal, but I understand it's a 16:10 ratio display...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Resolution Issue DE
sounds similar to the problem I was having with my toshiba tv. I know you've said that the refresh rate is correct but have you actually tried changing it? Mine was set to 59hz, I put this on 50hz and it fixed it. Have a look at your tv manual for what the range is for hdmi on that model (mine was 50-60hz) and have a play around with...
sounds similar to the problem I was having with my toshiba tv. I know you've said that the refresh rate is correct but have you...
My HTPC is running Vista Ultimate (and MP 1.01) with a ATI 4670 video card and the latest drivers, and it's connected via HDMI...
Replies
Views
Hi Andrew, sorry for not filling out the profile. I will do that when I have more time. A have a AMD 780G with integrated ATI graphic card, Athlon 4850e,WinXP and Mediaportal 1.02. The profiles are already implemented in CCC but when I switch to 2 displays, problem 2 occurs (mediaportal stays black). Thus, I think the best solution...
Hi Andrew, sorry for not filling out the profile. I will do that when I have more time. A have a AMD 780G with integrated ATI...
Hello, I hope anyone can help. I simply don't understand why my HTPC is reacting that way. Situation: I have either a 32" TV...
Replies
Views
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video output - you just need the correct cable (but check first that your card does support component output). It will look better than s-video, and it supports 720p output. Tony
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video...
I have 3 video cards I have tried with my vosto 220.....For both an ATI HD 2600 XT (dual dvi out) and an ASUS EAH3450(dvi and hdmi...
Replies
Views
Can't find the one i was looking at previously. Lots of XENARC monitors, but i think they only scale up to 1600x1200, and might not be able to display 1920x1080.
Can't find the one i was looking at previously. Lots of XENARC monitors, but i think they only scale up to 1600x1200, and might...
Hi! I've been looking for a smallish LCD screen in the 9-12" range. Getting one that is capable of doing 1920x1080 @50hz in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom