Displays (5 Viewers)

Discussions about LCD, Plasma, Backprojection, Videobeamers, ect. go in here
Your best bet would be to look round eBay, or sometimes there are good deals on HotdealsUK. Would another idea, not be to put a TV Card in your PC, which would in effect avoid the need for it to be a TV Also. But I suppose you already gor one now.
Your best bet would be to look round eBay, or sometimes there are good deals on HotdealsUK. Would another idea, not be to put a TV...
Can anyone recommend a 19" LCD TV which also works well as a PC monitor? I want to replace the TV I have in the kitchen as it...
Replies
Views
Hey martin nope decided against mostly because of viewing angles!! I borrowed a 22" from work hooked it up... when i was in the far corners of my couch i got the whitish glare... going for a px80 instead when my credit card will let me :-)
Hey martin nope decided against mostly because of viewing angles!! I borrowed a 22" from work hooked it up... when i was in the...
Could i just hook up an "ordinary lcd widescreen" monitor to my htpc and use that as a TV?? can a pc screen run HD?? What are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 32" Hd Lcd £399 (1 Viewer) DE
Specs are as follows: Inputs - Component Composite Two RGB Scarts S-Video HDMI PC VGA Max res - SXGA 1280 x 1024 75Hz
Specs are as follows: Inputs - Component Composite Two RGB Scarts S-Video HDMI PC VGA Max res - SXGA 1280 x 1024 75Hz
Hi, I have just got home with a 32" HD LCD made by Technovision. It was bought from Tesco for £399.97 It is amazing in...
Replies
Views
It will proably be able to receive 1280x720@50Hz, but since the panel resolution is 1024x768 it will look awful...
It will proably be able to receive 1280x720@50Hz, but since the panel resolution is 1024x768 it will look awful...
Hi all - what a fantastic forum, and sooo many helpfull people...;) I have a 40" inch LG Plasma (LG42P6010). A good display, but I...
Replies
Views
AW: Anyone owns a 32" LCD TV with 1:1 pixelmapping ? mine hat 1:1 pixelmapping
AW: Anyone owns a 32" LCD TV with 1:1 pixelmapping ? mine hat 1:1 pixelmapping
Anyone owns one or has any experience ? Would love to buy me a 32 LCD TV but don't know whioch one is usefeul for mediaportal.
Replies
Views
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video output - you just need the correct cable (but check first that your card does support component output). It will look better than s-video, and it supports 720p output. Tony
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video...
I have 3 video cards I have tried with my vosto 220.....For both an ATI HD 2600 XT (dual dvi out) and an ASUS EAH3450(dvi and hdmi...
Replies
Views
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on in this case) for a room of 6.5 to 4.2 meters with a big glass front (see picture - the marked area in blue is the window). I winter, I do not have any problems, but in summer, the sun can be bright in...
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on...
I´m thinking about buying a Sanyo PLV-Z700 Beamer (I just need a 720p beamer with Lensshift (see picture) - 1080p is just an add-on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BenQ W1070 issue DE
That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware related. MP send frame even if the screen is in progress after change refresh rate lol. Actually, video start to play after all refresh command are sent, in my patch i have try to not start it until...
That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware...
I have just got a W1070 and run it via HDMI from my HTPC which runs MediaPortal. MediaPortal has a "dynamic refresh rate" setting...
Replies
Views
Sony Bravia - get it backlit led with localdimming. I have a sharp LC 46LE700, but would not recommend it, or sharp.
Sony Bravia - get it backlit led with localdimming. I have a sharp LC 46LE700, but would not recommend it, or sharp.
Merry Christmas everybody, I'm looking for a 46" LED TV to connect via HDMI to my MediaPortal HTPC. What is the most reliable...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best connection PC -> TV (1 Viewer) DE
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed my old one that I first modified with a 80mm Papst fan. Now it all is fine and calm.
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed...
As I have a great Panasonic plasma screen, I´ld like to have a great picture quality. The screen has almost any available plugs...
Replies
Views
1366x768 - I think this is more or less standard native resolution for a wide set of LCD TVs.. Mine is 32". And I tried a lot of different ways to set up native resolution and nothing.. Even tried some software that allows you to build custom INF files for a monitor to force video adapter to use other resolutions, but this didn't work...
1366x768 - I think this is more or less standard native resolution for a wide set of LCD TVs.. Mine is 32". And I tried a lot of...
Hi all, i read many threads about dvi/hdmi, vga/vga, etc. but i am not sure what solution will be the best quality. Please can...
Replies
Views
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the juddervision that the 60Hz refresh rate would have given me. Now obviously I'm left looking for a replacement 32" LCD that will allow me to use the 50Hz (or a multiple of 25 I believe) refresh rate, a...
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the...
I've just sent back a lovely Samsung LE32R88 tv as it won't take a 50Hz PC signal over DVI/HDMI - I simply couldn't live with the...
Replies
Views
I had a 42" plasma at the lower res, and loved it. Depending on how close you are too it, you wont be able to really read text at the 1024x768. But then again, I was about 8' away from mine. really. I ran it at 800x600 and it just looked awesome (it interpolates it). However, shop around, while I love newegg, I find them...
I had a 42" plasma at the lower res, and loved it. Depending on how close you are too it, you wont be able to really read text...
OK now that I have a nice HTPC with this wonderful piece of software that MediaPortal is I'm decided to buy a plasma TV as my...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Choosing an LCD tv (1 Viewer) DE
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I would not purchase the model you are referring to for HTPC use without confirming on a forum like www.avforums.co.uk or www.avsforum.com that this model has changed Sharps pollicy. regards knut
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I...
This may be wandering out of scope for MediaPortal's forums, but can anyone give advice about choosing an LCD tv to go with my...
Replies
Views
YES VGA ist also analog!
YES VGA ist also analog!
Which is the best method to connect the pc to the plasma tv panel? I can connect via S-Video, VGA, DVI or via YPbPr ! At the...
Replies
Views
Hi I think there is no question that HDMI is the best option for sound if you have any content with >6 channel audio streams - I literally don't know of any other way to bundle 7.1 channels together in a cable. You're unlikely to have content with 7.1 audio channels for live TV or DVDs, but if you use your HTPC for Bluray playback...
Hi I think there is no question that HDMI is the best option for sound if you have any content with >6 channel audio streams - I...
Hey all, jus a bit confused here, I have a samsung series 6 LED TV, have been working good simply by using the HDMI port on the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I got tired of all the connection problems. In the end I took the plunge and upgraded my ancient CRT for a new LCD TV. It costed a lot more than a cheap graphics card but I think it is worth it. It's perfect :) Thanks for your support anyway.
Hi. I got tired of all the connection problems. In the end I took the plunge and upgraded my ancient CRT for a new LCD TV. It...
I have just completed (more or less) my first HTPC project... a micro-atx box, mobo with built in ATI graphics processor, and a 3x...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CRT TV for MP DE
Hi. SCART is a European (stupid) thing, which is not very well supported by PC cards - as well as much other equipment. SCART inputs might often accept s-video input. If your does, this is probably the way to go. Regarding analogue picture quality, I think it is like this: VGA (often called "PC-input" on TV's) Component (red, green...
Hi. SCART is a European (stupid) thing, which is not very well supported by PC cards - as well as much other equipment. SCART...
Hi there In lack of possibilities to get an LCD TV i have to use some CRT TV for living room. I have composite and scart...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DIY TV Lift DE
Im in the UK, but the sites I'm looking at for some reason dont tell you what the extended length (of a full extension) slide are, I would assume its double as you mentioned but just wanted to make sure. The stroke of my actuator in 600mm, with a total extended length of 1305. I'm assuming when im measuring for the slide I can exclude...
Im in the UK, but the sites I'm looking at for some reason dont tell you what the extended length (of a full extension) slide are...
Hello there, just want to show you how to hide your TV within a cabinet or other diy-boxes. Main thing is a 24" linear...
Replies
Views
i cant seem to get 50hz on this screen..i only have 29, (interlaqced), 30(interlaced), 59 and 60 hZoptions is there hidden options or something? i have the monitor drivers installed..but id like to get 50hz at least if possible ah just found 50hz in nvidia control panel..woot
i cant seem to get 50hz on this screen..i only have 29, (interlaqced), 30(interlaced), 59 and 60 hZoptions is there hidden...
Hi all My desktop monitor died today and i bought a new screen. Its only 23" for while im using my desktop but i often like...
Replies
Views
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I don't need a tv but a monitor will suffice. I watch a lot of videos/movies through onlinevideos, and as such, there's a wide variety on framerates which in the ideal world would be natively supported by the...
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I...
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I...
Replies
Views
thank you :) lets plug in ;)
thank you :) lets plug in ;)
found an hdmi cable it says "certificate no. 3b17-10" used google to figure it out. is it hdmi 1.3? older? my tv says...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm experiencing this weird issue that popped up just today, yesterday everything was fine. I'm not sure if there's any technical term for this but my problem is that the HD Ready screen (sharp aquos) has the picture constantly moving from bottom to top. So I see multiple "instances" of the screen moving upwards. It seems...
Hi all, I'm experiencing this weird issue that popped up just today, yesterday everything was fine. I'm not sure if there's any...
Hi all, I'm experiencing this weird issue that popped up just today, yesterday everything was fine. I'm not sure if there's any...
Replies
Views
M
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there) caught it but others may not be so lucky so be warned! Mike
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there)...
Just purchased a 42" lg plasma with dvi input. I wont to hook my pc upto it and set up a small htpc. Main question is. 1...
Replies
Views
SpudR said: My other half seems to have the ability to do this. :rolleyes:
SpudR said: My other half seems to have the ability to do this. :rolleyes:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9725725.stm :D Don't think I can afford the price tag attached though.
Replies
Views
Use latest Drivers from soundgraph and install patch for MP minidisplay as in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/imon-vfd-minidisplay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-a-95616/
Use latest Drivers from soundgraph and install patch for MP minidisplay as in this thread...
Hi all! I have some problems with my new HTPC. My Imon LCD not want to talk with Mediaportal. It function with its own driver, but...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Info: Pixelmapping DE
You have to sign up first....then you can edit
You have to sign up first....then you can edit
Read more about pixelmapping, and why it is important here Test if your TV supports 1:1 pixelmapping here or here Some...
Replies
Views
I have given up on removing jerky panning on HDTV. SDTV material on my PAL transmission looks great, but as soon as I watch live or recorded HDTV, all panning scenes are jerky. Zooming and stills are perfect. I tried all possible frequencies, deinterlacing modes, resolutions with no sucess. My Panasonic plasma 42PV60 I think has a...
I have given up on removing jerky panning on HDTV. SDTV material on my PAL transmission looks great, but as soon as I watch live or...
I have given up on removing jerky panning on HDTV. SDTV material on my PAL transmission looks great, but as soon as I watch live or...
Replies
Views
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP perfect on the screen. I must say that I was surprised not all TV's work like my LG-LCD. I send 1360x768 directly on the HDMI of my own LG-set and don't have any overscan. It just fits the screen perfectly...
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP...
This LCD television has 2 HDMI inputs and a seperate PC input(I guess it's VGA). The resolution of the panel in the specs is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 LED TVs DE
I agree, I prefer plasma displays. However I really love my Hitachi LED backlit LCD simply because it is so thin and light :)
I agree, I prefer plasma displays. However I really love my Hitachi LED backlit LCD simply because it is so thin and light :)
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with LED Televisions. I have heard nothing but good things but the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom