Displays (2 Viewers)

Discussions about LCD, Plasma, Backprojection, Videobeamers, ect. go in here
MP1 MP2 DIY TV Lift DE
Im in the UK, but the sites I'm looking at for some reason dont tell you what the extended length (of a full extension) slide are, I would assume its double as you mentioned but just wanted to make sure. The stroke of my actuator in 600mm, with a total extended length of 1305. I'm assuming when im measuring for the slide I can exclude...
Im in the UK, but the sites I'm looking at for some reason dont tell you what the extended length (of a full extension) slide are...
Hello there, just want to show you how to hide your TV within a cabinet or other diy-boxes. Main thing is a 24" linear...
Replies
Views
SOLVED! The problem is in fact in the TV settings. You have to go in the Define inputs setting and set the HDMI input to "PC". In this case the TV will not deinterlace the picture, so it will not shake. Now the picture is perfect! Well, it leaves you with the interlaced picture, but you can't notice it from a normal viewing...
SOLVED! The problem is in fact in the TV settings. You have to go in the Define inputs setting and set the HDMI input to "PC"...
Hello. I've bought a new Philips 47" FullHD LCD and I connected it to my laptop over a DVI to HDMI cable. The picture shows in...
Replies
Views
okay... finally. i didnt believed in all you guys and got a DVI--> cable for my samsung 37' LCD which is told all over the internet to dont accept it. it does. perfectly fine. with 0% overscan at all.. so to all the samsung out there who want to use hdmi: just give it a try and invest the 10 bucks for a cable. btw: i'm using...
okay... finally. i didnt believed in all you guys and got a DVI--> cable for my samsung 37' LCD which is told all over the internet...
Hi, I would like to hear your oppinion about these three possibilities. But please, replay only if you have practical...
Replies
Views
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I don't need a tv but a monitor will suffice. I watch a lot of videos/movies through onlinevideos, and as such, there's a wide variety on framerates which in the ideal world would be natively supported by the...
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I...
Just now, my tv (philips 42PES0001D) died after 9 years, and now I'm searching for a good replacement. As I use mediaportal, I...
Replies
Views
Latter-day computer monitors could, but it was usually only over the 60-120Hz range - anything below 60Hz was too flickery to be usable so there was no point in supporting it. Remember domestic 24Hz video only arrived with Blu-ray - DVD doesn't support it, and traditionally film material was transferred to video at 50/60Hz with...
Latter-day computer monitors could, but it was usually only over the 60-120Hz range - anything below 60Hz was too flickery to be...
To be able to debug MediaPortal video playback better I will need a suitable LCD monitor. As a requirement it must support the...
Replies
Views
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP perfect on the screen. I must say that I was surprised not all TV's work like my LG-LCD. I send 1360x768 directly on the HDMI of my own LG-set and don't have any overscan. It just fits the screen perfectly...
Well, this JVC TV set is for my parents. They bought this set already and I will be playing with resolutions next week to get MP...
This LCD television has 2 HDMI inputs and a seperate PC input(I guess it's VGA). The resolution of the panel in the specs is...
Replies
Views
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed my old one that I first modified with a 80mm Papst fan. Now it all is fine and calm.
Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;) The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed...
As I have a great Panasonic plasma screen, I´ld like to have a great picture quality. The screen has almost any available plugs...
Replies
Views
M
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there) caught it but others may not be so lucky so be warned! Mike
Re: LogoAway? For anyone going to this page - there is a nasty Trojan on it!!! Luckily NOD32 (the best virus app out there)...
Just purchased a 42" lg plasma with dvi input. I wont to hook my pc upto it and set up a small htpc. Main question is. 1...
Replies
Views
K
MP1 MP2 Using a projector DE
I have a Mitsubishi HC6000 projector which I have hooked up to my HTPC via a HDMI splitter box and it's great. Even DVDs look pretty good on the 2m wide screen, hi-def stuff looks awesome. Admittedly I have a fairly "old" LCD panel (also hooked up to the HDMI splitter), but the picture on my projector is actually better than the TV...
I have a Mitsubishi HC6000 projector which I have hooked up to my HTPC via a HDMI splitter box and it's great. Even DVDs look...
Hey just beginning to build a new media system with MMC whan I saw MP. I will probably go with MP. I am thinking about getting a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Samsung LE26R32B DE
Yup I would connect via PC inpunt, that will work fine at same quality. I think my TV (newer version) has HDMI from PC support so I do not have your problem
Yup I would connect via PC inpunt, that will work fine at same quality. I think my TV (newer version) has HDMI from PC support so...
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with this LCD TV (Samsung LE26R32B)? There is a promotion going on in one of the electronic...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BenQ W1070 issue DE
That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware related. MP send frame even if the screen is in progress after change refresh rate lol. Actually, video start to play after all refresh command are sent, in my patch i have try to not start it until...
That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware...
I have just got a W1070 and run it via HDMI from my HTPC which runs MediaPortal. MediaPortal has a "dynamic refresh rate" setting...
Replies
Views
It's basically historical - computer monitors are designed to go to standby when the video signal disappears, TV's generally aren't (my Panasonic LCD TV doesn't go to standby, for example). Tony
It's basically historical - computer monitors are designed to go to standby when the video signal disappears, TV's generally aren't...
I have the Vizio 47" LCD HDTV 1080p connected to my PC with a DVI->HDMI cable from my graphics card. If I turn off the HTPC the...
Replies
Views
It will proably be able to receive 1280x720@50Hz, but since the panel resolution is 1024x768 it will look awful...
It will proably be able to receive 1280x720@50Hz, but since the panel resolution is 1024x768 it will look awful...
Hi all - what a fantastic forum, and sooo many helpfull people...;) I have a 40" inch LG Plasma (LG42P6010). A good display, but I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choosing an LCD tv DE
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I would not purchase the model you are referring to for HTPC use without confirming on a forum like www.avforums.co.uk or www.avsforum.com that this model has changed Sharps pollicy. regards knut
http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Sharp+TVs Sharp LC-32 GD1E and LC-26 BV6E models allow 1:1 pixel over VGA, not DVI/HDMI. I...
This may be wandering out of scope for MediaPortal's forums, but can anyone give advice about choosing an LCD tv to go with my...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
so i posted earlier when i didnt have a 3d tv ..now i do i havnt got my glasses yet (still waiting on them to be mailed to me honestly its a gimmick and they say u can really watch it for more than 30 mins without getting a headache...let alone a 2+ hour movie..lol when 3d tv's which do not require glasses come out..u will...
so i posted earlier when i didnt have a 3d tv ..now i do i havnt got my glasses yet (still waiting on them to be mailed to me...
As the Title says, this is a poll about buying or having already a 3D ready TV. Maybe this thread can show the importance of...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd like to upgrade my HTPC a bit by implementing an additional screen to the case: http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/NTMwOT..._mit_Touchscreen_LS_7T_HDMI_DVI_VGA_CVBS.html Richt now I have the following running: The Pc is connected to a TV and a VF310. When the Pc is turned on the Screen comes up and is then turned on (please watch...
Hi I'd like to upgrade my HTPC a bit by implementing an additional screen to the case...
Hi I'd like to upgrade my HTPC a bit by implementing an additional screen to the case...
Replies
Views
Use latest Drivers from soundgraph and install patch for MP minidisplay as in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/imon-vfd-minidisplay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-a-95616/
Use latest Drivers from soundgraph and install patch for MP minidisplay as in this thread...
Hi all! I have some problems with my new HTPC. My Imon LCD not want to talk with Mediaportal. It function with its own driver, but...
Replies
Views
Hi I think there is no question that HDMI is the best option for sound if you have any content with >6 channel audio streams - I literally don't know of any other way to bundle 7.1 channels together in a cable. You're unlikely to have content with 7.1 audio channels for live TV or DVDs, but if you use your HTPC for Bluray playback...
Hi I think there is no question that HDMI is the best option for sound if you have any content with >6 channel audio streams - I...
Hey all, jus a bit confused here, I have a samsung series 6 LED TV, have been working good simply by using the HDMI port on the...
Replies
Views
SpudR said: My other half seems to have the ability to do this. :rolleyes:
SpudR said: My other half seems to have the ability to do this. :rolleyes:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9725725.stm :D Don't think I can afford the price tag attached though.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 LED TVs DE
I agree, I prefer plasma displays. However I really love my Hitachi LED backlit LCD simply because it is so thin and light :)
I agree, I prefer plasma displays. However I really love my Hitachi LED backlit LCD simply because it is so thin and light :)
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with LED Televisions. I have heard nothing but good things but the...
Replies
Views
Interesting, i did as you said but the desktop was considerably smaller than the screen. I then did some overscan to the tune of 15% to make it fit the screen but the picture wasnt the greatest. Im better of keeping to the VGA. Its an interesting problem. It might be driver related or limitations of the 1250 onboard graphics.
Interesting, i did as you said but the desktop was considerably smaller than the screen. I then did some overscan to the tune of...
Hi All, I have recently purchased a Samsung 46" F8 series Samsung LCD and i am having a resolution issue using hdmi to hdmi or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Resolution Issue DE
sounds similar to the problem I was having with my toshiba tv. I know you've said that the refresh rate is correct but have you actually tried changing it? Mine was set to 59hz, I put this on 50hz and it fixed it. Have a look at your tv manual for what the range is for hdmi on that model (mine was 50-60hz) and have a play around with...
sounds similar to the problem I was having with my toshiba tv. I know you've said that the refresh rate is correct but have you...
My HTPC is running Vista Ultimate (and MP 1.01) with a ATI 4670 video card and the latest drivers, and it's connected via HDMI...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New Flat Screen DE
hello, thx for your statements. i've bought last week a 32" philips lcd (32PF5321!). my htpc is connected over dvi to hdmi and the picture is brilliant.
hello, thx for your statements. i've bought last week a 32" philips lcd (32PF5321!). my htpc is connected over dvi to hdmi...
hello, i'm searchung for a flat screen! any pro&contra between lcd and plasma? which kind of flat screen do you prefer...
Replies
Views
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video output - you just need the correct cable (but check first that your card does support component output). It will look better than s-video, and it supports 720p output. Tony
Re. component output - I'm pretty sure the component output on current ATi cards is on the same connector as the composite/s-video...
I have 3 video cards I have tried with my vosto 220.....For both an ATI HD 2600 XT (dual dvi out) and an ASUS EAH3450(dvi and hdmi...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I know a lot of people have many issues with various in case touch screen etc. They do seem to be VERY problematic when it comes to drivers and actually getting these things to work correctly with MP. I have just seen these mimo They do run of USB and i am wondering if I will have issues with these types of...
Hi guys, I know a lot of people have many issues with various in case touch screen etc. They do seem to be VERY...
Hi guys, I know a lot of people have many issues with various in case touch screen etc. They do seem to be VERY...
Replies
Views
Sony Bravia - get it backlit led with localdimming. I have a sharp LC 46LE700, but would not recommend it, or sharp.
Sony Bravia - get it backlit led with localdimming. I have a sharp LC 46LE700, but would not recommend it, or sharp.
Merry Christmas everybody, I'm looking for a 46" LED TV to connect via HDMI to my MediaPortal HTPC. What is the most reliable...
Replies
Views
RE: problem with setting res on new LCD!! Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us. Thanks a lot!
RE: problem with setting res on new LCD!! Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us. Thanks a lot!
hi all! I have a noob question here and have to apologize in advance if answer is already around but i just couldn't find it...
Replies
Views
All TVs that claim 24p compatibility actually can handle 23.976fps and 24fps material even though most of them just say 24p because the consumer knows what it means. Same as referring to NTSC with 60Hz even when it really isn't. So this shouldn't be a issue for any recent model of a larger manufacturer. As for 100Hz or 200Hz, this...
All TVs that claim 24p compatibility actually can handle 23.976fps and 24fps material even though most of them just say 24p because...
Planning on getting a new 46" LCD from either Sony or Samsung. What makes me a little confused is the 24p support that all the...
Replies
Views
thank you :) lets plug in ;)
thank you :) lets plug in ;)
found an hdmi cable it says "certificate no. 3b17-10" used google to figure it out. is it hdmi 1.3? older? my tv says...
Replies
Views
AW: Anyone owns a 32" LCD TV with 1:1 pixelmapping ? mine hat 1:1 pixelmapping
AW: Anyone owns a 32" LCD TV with 1:1 pixelmapping ? mine hat 1:1 pixelmapping
Anyone owns one or has any experience ? Would love to buy me a 32 LCD TV but don't know whioch one is usefeul for mediaportal.
Replies
Views
Top Bottom