Feature Requests (9 Viewers)

Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into MediaPortal 2, we created this new section in the forum. Feel free to submit your ideas! In order to be able to discuss each feature, post only one feature request per thread.
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Replies
Views
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
Hi, please include an 'Eject' command for CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc media in MP2. There needs to be a command at least accessible via...
Replies
Views
A very much improved testbuild is available here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/concept-switch-mp2-to-d3d11-d2d-rendering.128849/ It would be good to get some feedback of RTL users :)
A very much improved testbuild is available here...
This thread is about adding support for languages that are written right-to-left. Supporting Hebrew depends on two things: using...
Replies
Views
looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log files, which is very uncomfortable with remote.
looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log...
Can you not just add an option version in the general settings, so you can see the client version and the connected server version...
Replies
Views
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2 has improved considerably in other respects the lack of Madvr integration and or an option to use an external player leaves a big hole. I'm not just talking about commercial players, if we had an external...
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2...
MP2 is looking more and more impressive but there is one area where it seems to fall down and I have not been able to determine...
Replies
Views
There are quite some users that also now want to-do 4K upscaling or the other main reason for MadVR support is flawless "smooth motion" playback, without the "Soap opera" effect. Especially for us anime lovers, a lot of releases have weird refresh rates or your TV/Monitor just don't support the native 23p/24p/29p/50p correctly in its...
There are quite some users that also now want to-do 4K upscaling or the other main reason for MadVR support is flawless "smooth...
MadVR by Madshi is one of, if not, the best video renderer that is available for Windows currently. It offers numerous video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [WiP] Speech Recognition for MP2 (2 Viewers) DE
@offbyone I still don't find the plugin in download section and the skill describes only MP1. Is it not fully compatible with MP2 yet?
@offbyone I still don't find the plugin in download section and the skill describes only MP1. Is it not fully compatible with MP2 yet?
Any plans for speech recognition for MP2. In MP1 i had a solution with WIFIRemote and Voxcommando, but development of wifiremote...
Replies
Views
There will be no further comment from the team. Except one thing: your screen shot shows the importer to be at 65% only. Once completed and then still not showing, you are allowed to bring this up as issue.
There will be no further comment from the team. Except one thing: your screen shot shows the importer to be at 65% only. Once...
It would be really great to have a backend similar to the on from MovingPictures to edit the entries fast and precise. Getting a...
Replies
Views
It’s already implemented as I know.
It’s already implemented as I know.
Dear MediaPortal2 development team, I am using MediaPortal (1) since a very early stage and I am very happy with the product. Now...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Anime support DE
Bullet 1 can be selected as well in the MP1 plugin config for MyAnime (see under "Display") So normally everything is already covered for the Anime Geek. You will get automatic indexing based on hash values (ANIDB is the reference for all Anime releases around), retrieval of related background info, media info, etc by the server...
Bullet 1 can be selected as well in the MP1 plugin config for MyAnime (see under "Display") So normally everything is already...
Something that has always been missing form every HTPC is proper Anime support. XBMC has Anidb Mod scraper (which is what i was...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BETTER WALLS DE
This would be great if you can help with TvGuide and also other xaml stuff! Can you please link to your existing code? I hope that most WPF stuff is also available in MPF. At least last time I found some missing parts that made life harder.
This would be great if you can help with TvGuide and also other xaml stuff! Can you please link to your existing code? I hope that...
A better way of doing a video wall ^skip to 21:25 2 way navigation Horizontal navigation is via category Vertical navigation...
Replies
Views
Ok, then let's wait with all the tests until you have DSL. Crossing my fingers that all works well... A bit of background to explain what I need: First I need a test with your working DB having all your series (and maybe some additional media) imported. Something like Starting MP2 client takes x seconds, Entering series takes y...
Ok, then let's wait with all the tests until you have DSL. Crossing my fingers that all works well... A bit of background to...
Hi. I really would like to have a possibility to play media items without adding them to DB first. Similar as it's possible in MP1...
Replies
Views
MP2 is definitely missing the "recently added" and "unwatched" movie filters, these were generally the only ones I used with MP1, and are must to not have to go through tons of movies to find the ones I just added.
MP2 is definitely missing the "recently added" and "unwatched" movie filters, these were generally the only ones I used with MP1...
I looked further and I think now that changing the navigation hierarchy is not so difficult. The logic is currently as following...
Replies
Views
Jira ticket created. What we need now is a statement of a dev :)
Jira ticket created. What we need now is a statement of a dev :)
The current series view sequence is Series -> Seasons -> Episodes However, there are series that have only one season (e.g. Band...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG/Scheduler case sensitive (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for reporting back! Strange, this is not what I was hoping for. Are you able to collect DEBUG level log files (see https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal2/Bug+Reports+and+Log+Files)? Also you might to need to remove one of the different cased schedules. Maybe I can say more after taking a look into logfiles.
Thanks for reporting back! Strange, this is not what I was hoping for. Are you able to collect DEBUG level log files (see...
Hello, Recently I have noticed that sometimes TV programs are not recorded because the EPG does not consistently use uppercase or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Add http streaming DE
Ok thank you sdf
Ok thank you sdf
Hi. I hope that future native TV server will offer http streaming which would, for sure, help for live TV over DLNA.
Replies
Views
Hi terra, The database file is located in your ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MP2-Server folder, a file called datastore.s3db. But I fear it will not help you. I have never tried to manually enter a shre into the database and I'm not sure what exactly you have to enter. In any case, when you should mange to enter the share manually, you...
Hi terra, The database file is located in your ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\MP2-Server folder, a file called datastore.s3db. But I...
As the automatic search can't find any of my network shares, MP2 is unusable for me right now. An input dialog for selfdefining the...
Replies
Views
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
Hello. I am missing a Radio Menu Entry - Radio is now running under TV - but not so comfortable.
Replies
Views
Install_01 replacement screenshot Also added screenshot if you click the Quit Button
Install_01 replacement screenshot Also added screenshot if you click the Quit Button
Will the double licence agreement issue be fixed at some point?
Replies
Views
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of days ago). The updated project site is here. Took it mainly to solve a security issue. (PM me if you want details) I'm just in the middle of the rebranding process (changing 'RadioTime' to 'TuneIn'). Not...
FYI, I took responsibility this week over RadioTime plugin since its original developer has left. (Just announce it a couple of...
Besides all the tv features, the hundreds of GBs we fill with series and movies, sometimes it's nice to simply listen to the radio...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Airplay for MP2? DE
+1
+1
Even if my AVR has Airplay, I'd prefer MP2 to be able to use Airplay - just like XBMC can do (...
Replies
Views
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if you want to quit the playing item and succeed just with the new one or if you want to play it in PIP mode.
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if...
Would it be possible to have a configurable button that would swap PIP in one go. Currently you have select menu 4 times then...
Replies
Views
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it is done the same way for pictures like it is done for music and videos etc. This means it offers us the reusing the same features without the need to write code for "putting one item after another" and...
So to prevent any confusion, MP2 internally create a playlist, which is good and great won't change. We call it playlist since it...
This feature request is documented in wiki: PicturePlaybackModes This thread is for getting feedback whether your would like to...
Replies
Views
You could make autohotkey click the ignore 2 times as well for you.This isn't actually in mantis, our issue tracker.
You could make autohotkey click the ignore 2 times as well for you.This isn't actually in mantis, our issue tracker.
Hello, Description: display Movies, TV and Images on a secondary screen with an independent resolution. The Controls display is...
Replies
Views
Next version of MP2 includes user management, so you can filter by items and user who is logged in.
Next version of MP2 includes user management, so you can filter by items and user who is logged in.
Hi :) I've been using MP-TVSeries for a while, and in MP2, I miss some functions, so I'd like to share with you. - Per serie...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to MP2. One glitch is still existing in the server plugin, you need to trigger the search manually. Normally it should run automatic but this did not work, at least not for me... Even without automatic...
Yes, it is, since a long time. I've used it for some years and still use it. Only the client plugin was not successfully ported to...
Hello, I am a long time user of Windows Media Center. I still use it even on Windows 10. This is getting more difficult with every...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture on folder DE
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead of the folder icon in "folder" view. Can you help me again? did you go back on this problem?
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead...
Hello after multiple searches and tests I still cannot display an image (folder) instead of the folder logo when I am in the...
Replies
Views
Personally I think maybe it would help for you to try to learn more about what "this" is. For example, here in New Zealand people have been able to watch "on demand" shows on phones and tablets for some time. Each broadcaster has had their own website. You search for the program you want by name. Some programs are not available. For...
Personally I think maybe it would help for you to try to learn more about what "this" is. For example, here in New Zealand people...
DVB-C has this as does IPTV. In my case, it's IPTV. Providers in Slovenia manage IPTV through UDP and timeshifting through RTSP...
Replies
Views
You are quite right, im a numpty, & i found them. So, thank you Sah!
You are quite right, im a numpty, & i found them. So, thank you Sah!
Hello all, Many years ago i had a digibox, i think it was called. I used to be able to right click on a tv or radio programme &...
Replies
Views
I didn't consider the MP metadata, used to using the wdtv units which d/l their own mcebuddy itself can also w/l show info but I don't use that function much. even still unless it somehow used exact same xml structure it would just add un-needed files to directory. shoot guess I'll keep just using the wd units (got plenty of them...
I didn't consider the MP metadata, used to using the wdtv units which d/l their own mcebuddy itself can also w/l show info but I...
this actually applies to both versions really. the database stores the .ts extension in table, I use mcebuddy to monitor recording...
Replies
Views
Hi. Exactly this I have in mind. MK3D files should then! automatically be added as 3D Videos, no matter if they are tagged properly or not... LAVF is working on this atm. But I don't know how far they are. For this (as always) proper tagging is very important. I don't know if it is technically possible at all to detect if a Video...
Hi. Exactly this I have in mind. MK3D files should then! automatically be added as 3D Videos, no matter if they are tagged...
Hi. Lately I stumbled upon a matroska video that has the extension ".mk3d". This is something "official" from the matroska...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom