Feature Requests (9 Viewers)

Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into MediaPortal 2, we created this new section in the forum. Feel free to submit your ideas! In order to be able to discuss each feature, post only one feature request per thread.
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show further information. OSD progress bar that shows different positions (current position, buffered position, total buffer length) chapter indicators, so you can see, where you can jump respectively from...
Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show...
Hi, I’m really happy with MP2 and have it in productive environment for several years. I’m just wondering, if the OSD could show...
Replies
Views
I think MP2 offers enough features to cover most points, it was never based on MP1 nor will be changed more into the direction to work like MP1. "Continue Watching", "Latest Added", "Unwatched" are available in home screen in the home content area, see here. It was also explained earlier in this thread. You can always filter by genre...
I think MP2 offers enough features to cover most points, it was never based on MP1 nor will be changed more into the direction to...
In MP-TVSeries you can "Change view...", and among other choices there we have "Favorites". When you right click on a series you...
Replies
Views
looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log files, which is very uncomfortable with remote.
looks good (y) I believe it can be helpful in a household with several clients und is more professional than looking into log...
Can you not just add an option version in the general settings, so you can see the client version and the connected server version...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video replay speed DE
I've no idea if it's possible to borrow code from VLC but it has a Playback Speed feature - you can play at (eg) 110% of normal speed or 90% and I think this would be really useful in MediaPortal.
I've no idea if it's possible to borrow code from VLC but it has a Playback Speed feature - you can play at (eg) 110% of normal...
MediaPortal with the WMC skin is a fine replacement for MS WMC except that we do miss not being able to play videos speeded up (not...
Replies
Views
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
Hello. I am missing a Radio Menu Entry - Radio is now running under TV - but not so comfortable.
Replies
Views
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
Replies
Views
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider it in the web version in future!
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider...
Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
Replies
Views
There are also ideas for an android (even existing, with limited functionality) and web client. Honestly I’ve never heard about Jellyfish so far. But I’ve to say, that our development resources are not even enough for the existing work packages, so there is only a very low chance to realize your request. We need more skilled and...
There are also ideas for an android (even existing, with limited functionality) and web client. Honestly I’ve never heard about...
Hi, Since MP2 has only 1 Client App, I would appreciate if somebody could develop a Jellyfin plugin for MP2 so as to widen the...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
@offbyone I still don't find the plugin in download section and the skill describes only MP1. Is it not fully compatible with MP2 yet?
@offbyone I still don't find the plugin in download section and the skill describes only MP1. Is it not fully compatible with MP2 yet?
Any plans for speech recognition for MP2. In MP1 i had a solution with WIFIRemote and Voxcommando, but development of wifiremote...
Replies
Views
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe everyone already have talked about this idea, but if not I have a suggestion. If you already have this and better ideas, just ignore this post :) I imagine that maybe a easier implementation is to make a...
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
Replies
Views
Thanks for reporting back! Strange, this is not what I was hoping for. Are you able to collect DEBUG level log files (see https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal2/Bug+Reports+and+Log+Files)? Also you might to need to remove one of the different cased schedules. Maybe I can say more after taking a look into logfiles.
Thanks for reporting back! Strange, this is not what I was hoping for. Are you able to collect DEBUG level log files (see...
Hello, Recently I have noticed that sometimes TV programs are not recorded because the EPG does not consistently use uppercase or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Display Day of week in TV Guide? (1 Viewer) DE
I agree with Dementia Dog, the date without the day is cumbersome. I am often using my phone to lookup what day the date showing is.
I agree with Dementia Dog, the date without the day is cumbersome. I am often using my phone to lookup what day the date showing is.
When scrolling horizontally it gets confusing as to which day you are looking at. Yes, the date is displayed, but short of...
Replies
Views
Thanks! I will have a look at this. Bart
Thanks! I will have a look at this. Bart
Hello, I am in the process of configuring MP2 after the migration from TVmosaic. This means a lot of changes and testing the...
Replies
Views
It’s already implemented as I know.
It’s already implemented as I know.
Dear MediaPortal2 development team, I am using MediaPortal (1) since a very early stage and I am very happy with the product. Now...
Replies
Views
There are quite some users that also now want to-do 4K upscaling or the other main reason for MadVR support is flawless "smooth motion" playback, without the "Soap opera" effect. Especially for us anime lovers, a lot of releases have weird refresh rates or your TV/Monitor just don't support the native 23p/24p/29p/50p correctly in its...
There are quite some users that also now want to-do 4K upscaling or the other main reason for MadVR support is flawless "smooth...
MadVR by Madshi is one of, if not, the best video renderer that is available for Windows currently. It offers numerous video...
Replies
Views
Very Thanks morpheus ...
Very Thanks morpheus ...
Hello, good morning from Spain. I have a question: Is there any plugin or addon to link my Google Drive account with 20TB of...
Replies
Views
Does MP2 use the same method of real fast-forward (running the graph faster) at x2 or x4 playback? Just wondering if there is a technical limitation that does not allow a feature for smooth playback at (e.g.) x1.3, x1.5 or x1.8 etc, or is it a policy decision not to implement playback at in-between speeds?
Does MP2 use the same method of real fast-forward (running the graph faster) at x2 or x4 playback? Just wondering if there is a...
Hi, I just switched from MP1 to 2.2. I wish to be able to FF/FR at speeds of 2,4,8,16,32x like in MP1 and not only 2 and 4x. Please...
Replies
Views
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over the years. I was looking into updating to MP 2 but when I ran a test it did not recognize the format that I have used with download tv series information with MP-TV Series (that I've used for 10 years on...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
I've been utilizing Media Portal 1 for about 10 years now. It is a great program, so I thank you for all of your hard work over...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Rejected] Videotext DE
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus), it is the only way of getting correct information about the tv program and correct start and end times. The feature is an absolute standard in every mediaportal (including Mediaportal 1). When it will be...
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus)...
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to see the player info bar (at the bottom) while skipping (sec/min) in a recording - same functionality like in Mediportal 1. This is useful to have always the 'overview' over times (already watched/ remaining time). Would it be possible to implement that behaviour? Thanks and best regards Fab55
Hi, I would like to see the player info bar (at the bottom) while skipping (sec/min) in a recording - same functionality like in...
Hi, I would like to see the player info bar (at the bottom) while skipping (sec/min) in a recording - same functionality like in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Picture on folder DE
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead of the folder icon in "folder" view. Can you help me again? did you go back on this problem?
Hello, since the intervention on my PC by @ge2301, my starting problem is still not resolved. I would like the movie poster instead...
Hello after multiple searches and tests I still cannot display an image (folder) instead of the folder logo when I am in the...
Replies
Views
Perfect, thx
Perfect, thx
I have a request that might get the TV Guide more readable. Have only full or half hours in the TV Guide depending on how many...
Replies
Views
This is related to a technical property of the underlying "workflow" model and its associated transient and permanent states. Sounds nerdy, right? Please see MP2-704 which is basially descibing the same issue and the related bug thread [Bug] - [MP2-704] Leaving FullGuide with ESC displays MiniEPG for more background. Please read...
This is related to a technical property of the underlying "workflow" model and its associated transient and permanent states...
Hi, I have a suggestion that I am lacking from MP1 and I suppose that this has been discussed over the years but I cannot find...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Hide Windows 10 volume OSD (1 Viewer) DE
You can hide the Windows volume OSD by using a tool. There are many of them, e.g. HideVolumeOSD. EDIT: Marking this as [solved]
You can hide the Windows volume OSD by using a tool. There are many of them, e.g. HideVolumeOSD. EDIT: Marking this as [solved]
In media portal 1 there was an option to hide the windows volume osd. I did not found a similar option in media portal 2. I’m...
Replies
Views
@Lehmden It is about five years too late at this point for creating NFO's from the MovingPictures database. I am not seeing any issues with MP2 on imports from the NFO files, MP2 is getting data off of what is in the NFO. The issue comes down to a combination of bad NFO's ie. I, Frankenstein 2014 having an NFO for Frankenstein 2015...
@Lehmden It is about five years too late at this point for creating NFO's from the MovingPictures database. I am not seeing any...
I am working on an issue where a movie is not named the way I expect it to be named. It would be really great to be able to see the...
Replies
Views
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
Hi, please include an 'Eject' command for CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc media in MP2. There needs to be a command at least accessible via...
Replies
Views
@henso, I just mean in general it seems like an excessive amount of folders which contain over 160,000 files. I only have 87 series and 8,242 movies, antivirus has the MP2 folders excluded but it's still a lot of small files and folders for a system to deal with. Maybe it wouldn't make much difference cutting stuff down, I am just...
@henso, I just mean in general it seems like an excessive amount of folders which contain over 160,000 files. I only have 87 series...
Just a suggestion but perhaps there could be some better organization on the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt...
Replies
Views
One feature we loved with Windows 7 WMC was the simple but effective screensaver slideshow, that could be configured to display photos that had a particular star-rating from specific directories at random. The star-rating feature was particularly useful, and we trawled through many photo albums to apply star ratings to the photos we...
One feature we loved with Windows 7 WMC was the simple but effective screensaver slideshow, that could be configured to display...
One feature we loved with Windows 7 WMC was the simple but effective screensaver slideshow, that could be configured to display...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom