HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (11 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware HTPC Cases: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/HTPC_Cases Mini ITX Cases...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
Replies
Views
Are there any updates here? Anyone find a good motherboard? Since I've got a dedicated TV-server, is it ok to get the ASrock H77 Pro4-M motherboard for my client PC? http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77 Pro4-M/?cat=Specifications And then if I get these three...
Are there any updates here? Anyone find a good motherboard? Since I've got a dedicated TV-server, is it ok to get the ASrock H77...
The Streacom FC5 HTCP case is getting quite some attention on different forums. I wanted a fan-less HTPC and really liked the...
Replies
Views
alexeix: Got the Pioneer DVD-RW ,yself... Pioneer got their own software for speedcontroll (Nero DriveSpeed didn't work for me). I'll find it if nothing else work for you... belive it was this, though: http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html
alexeix: Got the Pioneer DVD-RW ,yself... Pioneer got their own software for speedcontroll (Nero DriveSpeed didn't work for me)...
After several attempt of building my HTPC I want to share some experience with you. First I had used my old spare PC, as it was...
Replies
Views
Gentlemens ! is there any new opinion ??? 8 days left to complete !!:rolleyes:;)
Gentlemens ! is there any new opinion ??? 8 days left to complete !!:rolleyes:;)
hello guys .. I just read an article about the worlds first full aluminum cylindrical case. finally a case that can look good next...
Replies
Views
Oh, that's just accidental after browsing the web :) I think I am at the point of buying the Case, Videocard and HDD. The remote and TV-card have to wait because i haven't decided wait to buy yet. I saw some treads about harmony remote's so maybe I will ask for info there. Greetings E
Oh, that's just accidental after browsing the web :) I think I am at the point of buying the Case, Videocard and HDD. The remote...
Hello al, I'm currently busy selection the hardware for my first real HTPC project. I have been playing with MP and other Media...
Replies
Views
yes. most of the dual cores would be enough to run media portal.
yes. most of the dual cores would be enough to run media portal.
Hi, I'm planning to build a HTPC with the Antec Fusion V2 case, because it seems seamless integrating with my receiver etc...
Replies
Views
That's the one I was thinking off.
That's the one I was thinking off.
Currently working on a new build with a i5-430m CPU. The CPU has a max TDP of 35w. Do you think it's ok to skip the fan for it?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ANTEC HTPC Case!!!! DE
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is extreemly quite now. you need the fans running in this case for it to cool though. there is no way to have all the components passive because you will get a build up of heat. the case airflow works really...
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is...
This looks like a stunner: Fits only MATX boards. Uses a standard PSU, which is housed in a dedicated compartment...
Replies
Views
T
Have you tried updating the drivers for your spiffy GeforceFX card?
Have you tried updating the drivers for your spiffy GeforceFX card?
HEllo all, as i sit here eagerly awaiting the release of TV Engine 2.0, i have been reworking my hardware options. My Current MPPC...
Replies
Views
Hi to All, My new HTPC (about 2 mounths) -Case: Silverstone LC13 -MoBo: Asrock X58 Extreme 3 -CPU: i7 950@3.2Ghz -CPU cooling: Noctua NH-C 12P SE14 -Video Card: Asus ENGTS450 -RAM: 3x2Gbyte DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 Corsair -PSU: NEXUS NX5000 -HDD 1x 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACk SATA 3 (system) -HDD 2x 2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (storage htpc...
Hi to All, My new HTPC (about 2 mounths) -Case: Silverstone LC13 -MoBo: Asrock X58 Extreme 3 -CPU: i7 950@3.2Ghz -CPU...
Hey guys, As my HTPC is getting old (still running with a mobile XP CPU ;) ) I am going to build up a new one from scratch. I...
Replies
Views
I have no sugestions besides the copper silent 2tc, but it wont fit you say. Is the heigth the only problem??? couse I think it is not so high maybe yoy can find something here http://www.frostytech.com/index.cfm or this one : Vantec CCK-6012 Socket A / 370 Low-Profile CPU Fan for 1U Rackmount
I have no sugestions besides the copper silent 2tc, but it wont fit you say. Is the heigth the only problem??? couse I think it...
I use this case http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15138 Independent laboratory testing proves that Sonata...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silverstone LC20 DE
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the hauppage remote so, no more double commands every key press. Thanks to Kiwijunglist for the info that led me to solving this problem. Cheers Ventry
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the...
I bought this case for my HTPC last year and am pretty happy with it. Comes with Imon Remote and VDF (digital display on the front...
Replies
Views
I've got an Overture (original, not the II version) and it's a good case, the only thing not so good is that it's a warm case what makes more dificult to choose between low noise and good air flow, for the price I think it's a good choice. I'm happy with it! If you're not looking for the low price these are very impressive cases...
I've got an Overture (original, not the II version) and it's a good case, the only thing not so good is that it's a warm case what...
Model: Antec NSK2400 Read review: Silentpcreview Price: CHEAP! (Just above 700 Nkr/about 80 Euros, I guess) Formfactor: mATX...
Replies
Views
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature troubles ... :roll:
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature...
is this a nice case? i can just laid it on its side (micro atx) can be found at here...
Replies
Views
I think the zalman product probably is better. :) Wierd that it's inside the case, where you can't get to it. I haven't decided on a system yet, I will probably go for a mobo with PWM fan control anyway, so I can then decide if I need a zalman fan thingo. thanks!
I think the zalman product probably is better. :) Wierd that it's inside the case, where you can't get to it. I haven't decided...
I thought I saw one... and that looked like a good solution. But I'll be damned if I can find it again! much props to...
Replies
Views
Installed the NT01 today. Max temps are 63C with both case fans at full speed. (30 minutes of hyperpi running) Idling with MP running it hovers around 40C Despite the 2 case fans it's still more quiet than 1 casefan and the old zalman cooler, so and all in all, I'm reasonably happy with it. Now it's the tv which is the loudest...
Installed the NT01 today. Max temps are 63C with both case fans at full speed. (30 minutes of hyperpi running) Idling with MP...
I'm looking for a new CPU cooler (for my AMD Athlon X2 4850e), as my old one (stock) started to make some noises. I did have a...
Replies
Views
Just received my H10 case, can highly recommend it. Sweeeeettttt. Pico power supply, SSD HD, Intel i3. No noise, looks great.
Just received my H10 case, can highly recommend it. Sweeeeettttt. Pico power supply, SSD HD, Intel i3. No noise, looks great.
PLEX has come out with some neat new HTPC chassis using itx mobos. Very compact (read: TINY) and no need or cpu or case fan. They...
Replies
Views
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To get the power supply in the machine I took a pair of tinning sheers to the PSU case and cut off the non-essentials of it. I left the part that contains the fans. The Audio Level of it was fine for me...
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To...
Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone was interested. I recently bought a LC11...
Replies
Views
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements or anything (the AlCu version, not the all copper)
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements...
Well, still thinking about a HTPC, and i'm now thinking about the Ahanix MCE-302 case. First i need some advice about Power...
Replies
Views
I just built a system using this case and I love it so far.... my old case was a Zalman HD 135, which I liked, but the Moncase with its low-profile truly looks like a high-end CE DVD player that doesn't stand out among the other HT devices on the TV stand. I didn't use the built-in IR receiver, because I had an external MCE receiver...
I just built a system using this case and I love it so far.... my old case was a Zalman HD 135, which I liked, but the Moncase with...
So I am using the Moneual LAB Black Aluminum MonCaso 312B case for my Media Center. I thought that since I am using it, I'd give...
Replies
Views
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the tv-cabinet. (max 17cm high), The NSK can't house a full ATX motherboard. If I will go to Micro-atx then I will buy the GD05 from Silverstone. But that doesn't support ATX motherbord. So this is also no option...
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the...
Hello all, I finally have some money to buy a HTPC case + videocard and some Harddisks. I have some questions about the system I...
Replies
Views
S
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their complete system. It's very nice, but needs very specific hardware. And it does only have room for 1 PCI, nothing more. Also the DVD drive must be a slim line, there is no room for a normal sized one. I've...
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their...
Hey Guys, I've just spotted on ebuyer this ultra slim media center case, Its the same sort of size as a standard dvd player (yes...
Replies
Views
I have been relatively happy with my Cooler Master CM 280 (hard to find now). I am thinking about changing the fans I have in it (or at least under-volting them). The case is not for everyone. It is tall. Tall enough to have a 120mm exhaust fan located above the motherboard (not simply the side of the case like the Antec ones, though...
I have been relatively happy with my Cooler Master CM 280 (hard to find now). I am thinking about changing the fans I have in it...
Hello I've been following MP for a little while now, and have decided to build my first HTPC using MP. While I have the...
Replies
Views
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
There is a large variety of shapes and forms when it comes to HTPCs, but what sort of shape and size would you want for a HTPC in...
Replies
Views
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into account as well. I appreciate the info. This forum is great, lots of great info to sift through. Jeff
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into...
Hi there, Which CPU heatsink would you recommend for use in an Antec Fusion or Antex NSK2400 case (both cases have identical...
Replies
Views
Great! Thanks loads for the quick reply.
Great! Thanks loads for the quick reply.
Hi, Anyone got any recommendations for a full size media centre case (I don't want to have to buy a microATX board? Also want a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New case design DE
Rendered images Yes this is the mockup. The first cases have arrived from the workshop.. Some mounting and finishing for the fanless system.. Gone show some more of the case when mounting it.. The first one gone be a black w brushed top and front..
Rendered images Yes this is the mockup. The first cases have arrived from the workshop.. Some mounting and finishing for the...
Gone start to build my new htpc case. Please give some feedback on this... Link Cheers
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replay's But can also use my MCE + IR reciever on thouse cases and that de lcd/vfd is working?
Thanks for the replay's But can also use my MCE + IR reciever on thouse cases and that de lcd/vfd is working?
Hi I'm looking for a new HTPC case with a lcd screen. I have read on some post's that a lcd screen not alway's work with MP:S I...
Replies
Views
The more I look at the Omaura that more I like them. I agree the T8 is an allround good size, however, I will be using a SkyStar 2 DVB-S card that will not fit in that case so I need the T11. Unfortunately, I am in Canada and cannot find a supplier for these cases. The closest supplier is Dell in the US, but they will not ship to...
The more I look at the Omaura that more I like them. I agree the T8 is an allround good size, however, I will be using a SkyStar 2...
I have been researching building my first HTPC for several months now and believe I have enough knowledge to start the build. The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Cpu cooler for HTPC DE
Heard yesterday that Scythe presented a new cooler at the Computex named Kozuti. Topflow and only 40mm high, suitable for really small systems.
Heard yesterday that Scythe presented a new cooler at the Computex named Kozuti. Topflow and only 40mm high, suitable for really...
Hi, I about to start building new HTPC, but I have not decided about CPU cooler. I was looking for 2 options – 1. Scythe...
Replies
Views
Go for a case that can that atx psu. Get a 80plus psu as this will save about 20% on power.. microatx psu jsut dont last.
Go for a case that can that atx psu. Get a 80plus psu as this will save about 20% on power.. microatx psu jsut dont last.
Hello everyone, I am rebuilding my HTPC. My current one is in a huge tower with lots of fans, drives, and a hot processor. I am...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom