HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (2 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
MP1 MP2 MediaPortal Wiki Hardware Section (1 Viewer) DE
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware HTPC Cases: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/HTPC_Cases Mini ITX Cases...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
The MediaPortal HTPC Hardware Section may already have the information you require so check it first HTPC Hardware Section...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Zalman HD503 Case DE
I was able to get a phone number for Zalman and was able to talk to a person that admitted they are having issues with their forums not giving out confirmation emails. He also expidited my RMA and I should have the part any day. If this doesn't work I will just RMA it through Newegg.
I was able to get a phone number for Zalman and was able to talk to a person that admitted they are having issues with their forums...
A few days ago I recieved my Zalman case from Newegg. I just happend to notice that they dropped the price from $265 to $150...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the tip... I noticed a bit of debris in one of the PSU case screws, so I loosened it and tightened the screw down... now all I hear (with the PC cover off) is the faint whirl of the fans.
Thanks for the tip... I noticed a bit of debris in one of the PSU case screws, so I loosened it and tightened the screw down... now...
I had to do a quick replacement of the PSU in my main HTPC. I installed a 430w Antec with a 120 mm fan to replace a Thermaltake...
Replies
Views
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into account as well. I appreciate the info. This forum is great, lots of great info to sift through. Jeff
Peter, Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to be ordering the case in the next week or so, and I'll take the fan change into...
Hi there, Which CPU heatsink would you recommend for use in an Antec Fusion or Antex NSK2400 case (both cases have identical...
Replies
Views
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
scythe ninja mini fits just fine in mine, with 1,1.5cm headroom.. dunno if it supports am+ tho but now you have the height reference :)
Hallo, I want to buy the SilverStone Grandia GD01MX for my new HTPC. I want to use a AMD CPU. But I am not sure which (quite) CPU...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll find this is generally accepted, the VFD is a piece of s**t. I have now taken the VFD out of the equation and replaced it with a Microsoft IR/Remote. The V2 (Black) has an LCD instead of a VFD. I...
Hi, I have recently built an HTPC based on an Antec Fusion V2 (Silver) case with a VFD/sensor. Quite honestly, and I think you'll...
Hi! I am going to build a HTPC from the ground of, and I am starting with the case. I am concidering the two mentioned in the...
Replies
Views
there's a couple here I found with google
there's a couple here I found with google
Hi guys.. I looked every where and I can not find any one that stocks a 80plus microatx psu..
Replies
Views
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
Yeah that's the direction I wanted to go aswell, it would be something insipired by the Sony. But not round.
There is a large variety of shapes and forms when it comes to HTPCs, but what sort of shape and size would you want for a HTPC in...
Replies
Views
This is one of those things that depends on what your other requirements are but I'll tell ya what I have. I have a Black Thermaltake Bach with the VFD display kit and everyone I've shown it too has loved it so far. See my post in the ongoing project area. I haven't posted photos yet but you can see that on the Thermaltake site...
This is one of those things that depends on what your other requirements are but I'll tell ya what I have. I have a Black...
Has anyone tried any of the ones with the LCD screen on the front? Has anyone found a very thin one? Does anyone have any pics of...
Replies
Views
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature troubles ... :roll:
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature...
is this a nice case? i can just laid it on its side (micro atx) can be found at here...
Replies
Views
Check out this unique case, the Mountain Mods Bob Slay... http://www.boxgods.com/dept/modding/index.php?Action=Article&ID=217
Check out this unique case, the Mountain Mods Bob Slay... http://www.boxgods.com/dept/modding/index.php?Action=Article&ID=217
I just remembered that I have a almost complete computer stuffed away in a box (mobo, 2500+, and memory) just need a PSU, Case and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Wesena anyone? DE
Hi everyone, Just wondering what people think of this setup with MediaPortal... is it good... is there a better option etc etc I want heaps of storage space and see this as a good solution. So this wesena case http://www.rylun.com.au/components/cases/wesena-htpc-cases/wesena-e7-htpc-case.html with this remote and IR receiver...
Hi everyone, Just wondering what people think of this setup with MediaPortal... is it good... is there a better option etc etc I...
Hi everyone, Just wondering what people think of this setup with MediaPortal... is it good... is there a better option etc etc I...
Replies
Views
I bought a nice silverstone ml02 case in ebay for 20 Euros. The external psu was missing, so i need to know the exact specs. for such a thing. Please look at your external adapter dear ml02-users.
I bought a nice silverstone ml02 case in ebay for 20 Euros. The external psu was missing, so i need to know the exact specs. for...
I bought a nice silverstone ml02 case in ebay for 20 Euros. The external psu was missing, so i need to know the exact specs. for...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm currently searching for the perfect case for my HTPC project. The problem I have is, that my TV-rack is only 44,5cm wide. Most of the cases that would fit my need are around 42-44cm wide, some with fans on the side. Something like this: http://geizhals.at/de/815272 I somehow worry that if I put a 43cm wide case in...
Hi there, I'm currently searching for the perfect case for my HTPC project. The problem I have is, that my TV-rack is only 44,5cm...
Hi there, I'm currently searching for the perfect case for my HTPC project. The problem I have is, that my TV-rack is only 44,5cm...
Replies
Views
S
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their complete system. It's very nice, but needs very specific hardware. And it does only have room for 1 PCI, nothing more. Also the DVD drive must be a slim line, there is no room for a normal sized one. I've...
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their...
Hey Guys, I've just spotted on ebuyer this ultra slim media center case, Its the same sort of size as a standard dvd player (yes...
Replies
Views
This is the whole "fans in serial or parallel" argument. I thought it was well agreed that in something like a PC case, there is bugger all resistance to airflow. Therefore there's no reason to have fans in series. If you were to blow air through the apature at the bottom, how much resistance would you actually feel. I'd guess...
This is the whole "fans in serial or parallel" argument. I thought it was well agreed that in something like a PC case, there is...
Ok, I'm nearly done now, and I'm feeling quite pleased. This is for my server, which runs the new TV server along with...
Replies
Views
Ouch! Those cases, set up with some common things like a vfd, are almost $800! You're right those are expensive. They still seem rather large too.
Ouch! Those cases, set up with some common things like a vfd, are almost $800! You're right those are expensive. They still seem...
We would all like to have a completely silent HTPC ofcourse... The way to be completely quiet is to use passive cooling. The...
Replies
Views
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice cases for HTPC use and also for mass storage. A couple of the cases are silent - based on heat pipe technology. I don't own nor do I have any financial (or other) interest in the company or the cases. The...
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice...
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice...
Replies
Views
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple L.I.S. MCE Model in my HTPC case, it worked great in MP.
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple...
Hi i want to change my old case to a Thermaltake DH202 case. But wil the LCD/VDF screen work in Media Portal? I have now a simple...
Replies
Views
Hallo, many thanks for the link! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Regards, Gerrit
Hallo, many thanks for the link! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Regards, Gerrit
Hallo, I am searching for a quite power supply for my HTPC configuration: Mainboard: MSI K9N Neo-F V2 or GA-MA78GM-S2H CPU...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Streacom FC9B case DE
Hi badboyxx, I have just built a TV-Server in a Streacom FC5 EVO case using an Asus H87M-PRO which is not much different. I am very pleased with the Streacom cases I will upgrade my massive silverstone case with either another FC5 or an FC10. I don't know about the Optical drive. I found that the only issue was that a heatpipe was...
Hi badboyxx, I have just built a TV-Server in a Streacom FC5 EVO case using an Asus H87M-PRO which is not much different. I am very...
I'm considering to buy the Streacom FC9B case. What do I already have: Motherboard: Asus P8H77-M pro (microATX) CPU: Intel...
Replies
Views
Are there any updates here? Anyone find a good motherboard? Since I've got a dedicated TV-server, is it ok to get the ASrock H77 Pro4-M motherboard for my client PC? http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77 Pro4-M/?cat=Specifications And then if I get these three...
Are there any updates here? Anyone find a good motherboard? Since I've got a dedicated TV-server, is it ok to get the ASrock H77...
The Streacom FC5 HTCP case is getting quite some attention on different forums. I wanted a fan-less HTPC and really liked the...
Replies
Views
I love the Silverstone cases. The main reason is becasue they have solved the problem with having a case that is too deep and either doesn't fit on an AV rack or under a TV. I am using the GD06 at the moment and it is only 34cm deep...
I love the Silverstone cases. The main reason is becasue they have solved the problem with having a case that is too deep and...
Hi all, I'm liking the look of the nMEDIA HTPC 6000B... Can't seem to find it anywhere for sale in Australia but is available on...
Replies
Views
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive suggession?
Already considered that but the divorce would be far more expensive than the cabinet... Anyone got a slightly more constructive...
Anyone got any good suggestions for a case I can use to fit my wifes lovely new media centre unit? I'm currently using an antec...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silverstone LC20 DE
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the hauppage remote so, no more double commands every key press. Thanks to Kiwijunglist for the info that led me to solving this problem. Cheers Ventry
Well. All is good. The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the...
I bought this case for my HTPC last year and am pretty happy with it. Comes with Imon Remote and VDF (digital display on the front...
Replies
Views
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the tv-cabinet. (max 17cm high), The NSK can't house a full ATX motherboard. If I will go to Micro-atx then I will buy the GD05 from Silverstone. But that doesn't support ATX motherbord. So this is also no option...
Mmm ok, So it will be hard for me to make a decision... Thanks for the antec P-options but sadly the are to big for the...
Hello all, I finally have some money to buy a HTPC case + videocard and some Harddisks. I have some questions about the system I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To get the power supply in the machine I took a pair of tinning sheers to the PSU case and cut off the non-essentials of it. I left the part that contains the fans. The Audio Level of it was fine for me...
Hello, I haven't posted forever. Thought I'd logon and answer some questions. What specifically are you looking to know? To...
Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone was interested. I recently bought a LC11...
Replies
Views
I also have the LC10. I have a P4 Prescott, which is a VERY hot CPU and had problems trying to keep it cool. I tried several coolers, but the did not do the job. I originally wanted the Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu, but did not think it would fit. I decided to try the Zalman anyway, as I thought I could always cut a few of the fins off...
I also have the LC10. I have a P4 Prescott, which is a VERY hot CPU and had problems trying to keep it cool. I tried several...
I cant get any info on web for my project ~12db HTPC Can I use silverstone technology fanless PSU+CPU in my LC10 case? My mCube...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
You are right.... I found that out as well. In the end I opted for less hdd's and went with the nmedia HTPC 2000b with optional LED :)
You are right.... I found that out as well. In the end I opted for less hdd's and went with the nmedia HTPC 2000b with optional...
Hi all, Just wondering what you guys think of the Grandia GD08.... It has massive storage space which is what I want for future...
Replies
Views
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem to find the link to it now. The thread has the instructions for both remote and VDU as well as the key mapping file for Imon. Someone should be able to point you to the thread:)
I have a mozart htpc case which has the same VDU and remote, it took 30min to setup using a thread from this forum but I cant seem...
Hey guys, Some of the silverstone cases come with remotes and VFD's - which are purty and nice. Do you guys know if that...
Replies
Views
Installed the NT01 today. Max temps are 63C with both case fans at full speed. (30 minutes of hyperpi running) Idling with MP running it hovers around 40C Despite the 2 case fans it's still more quiet than 1 casefan and the old zalman cooler, so and all in all, I'm reasonably happy with it. Now it's the tv which is the loudest...
Installed the NT01 today. Max temps are 63C with both case fans at full speed. (30 minutes of hyperpi running) Idling with MP...
I'm looking for a new CPU cooler (for my AMD Athlon X2 4850e), as my old one (stock) started to make some noises. I did have a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom