HTPC Projects (7 Viewers)

In the process of building your own HTPC or did you complete one? Show them to other MediaPortal users!
Hi, This is a great list, but I've got one small thing to add. When I got serious about setting up an HTPC, one of the biggest problems I had was input peripherals. An old-school USB keyboard had obvious limitations - being tethered to the machine and rather ugly when not in use. Plus I still needed a pointing device. So I...
Hi, This is a great list, but I've got one small thing to add. When I got serious about setting up an HTPC, one of the...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
Replies
Views
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody hell! Which hardware should i buy?" :S We now have a quite huge community with very experienced users :) In the forums we have very useful informations allready. The problem is (as always) to find...
HomeTheatreSolutions in wiki What is the biggest problem for someone, who is building his first HomeTheatre Solution? "Bloody...
Replies
Views
Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small Touchscreen is the Main screen and the TV is the extended Screen. Typically I use the the HTPC to listen to Music or Radio, therefore i use the "old" Winamp. The winamp can be easily started and...
Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small...
Hello folks, I just want to show you my HTPC upgrade. During the last weeks I've had some spare time and decided to update to...
Replies
Views
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but it´s not possible to access it again. If I try to delete it a second time, nothing hapens. How come? This occured when updating to the latest version. I use a stand alone server with two DVBSky tv card and...
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
Replies
Views
Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I can figure out which streaming services give me the programs I want to watch. Once that's done, then the Colossus will do VCR capture and the 2250 will do LaserDisc capture - until I get my entire video...
Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I...
While I've built my own PCs for years now, this is the first time I've built one to be a dedicated HTPC. Right now, the hardware...
Replies
Views
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled Windows, updated all drivers and firmware, pulled out the HVR-1800 to test with Linux, and bought an WimTV HD Quad, and switch to all OTA. I'm trying to look at other optimizations and options before I get...
WOW, its been a couple years since i stated this thread. I think a Windows 10 update started causing problems. I've reinstalled...
So, I'm currently running a Windows XP MediaCenter, and I've been wanting to build an upgraded system that supported HD broadcasts...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My HTPC DE
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. I bought the heat pipes here ; heat pipes, heat sinks, radiators, aluminum extrusion, heat sink extrusion Other copper and all safety materials,I bought it from the raw material stores.they do not have a link. I do not know how to use drawing programs.So The cnc cut-off workshop was drawn...
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. I bought the heat pipes here ; heat pipes, heat sinks, radiators, aluminum extrusion...
I am from Turkey in İstanbul city.This is my first project Thank you for looking.
Replies
Views
I installed win 10 pro - and MP2.1. Well so far Im pondering about atleast go back to MP1.16. - still not getting standby to work - TV guide unresponsiveGUI - missing teletext subs - Imagequality on TV seems to be not so good as in MP1.16 (Im using LAV - But using shark007 for my bitstreaming to work) - missing Radio - missing...
I installed win 10 pro - and MP2.1. Well so far Im pondering about atleast go back to MP1.16. - still not getting standby to work...
Hi All! Im thinking of upgrading my existing HTPC. So how about some advise , please! Today its on my OS win 7 64 ultimate. Is it...
Replies
Views
Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a new stable is released. On the latest 1.15 now (it didn't like the 1.14 one), and still on windows 8.1. I didn't bother updating to win 10 as its been working so well I didn't want to rock the boat with a...
Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a...
I will update this with photos and specs as I go along Hi, a quick intro- Ive been using a pc to run for main lounge TV for about...
Replies
Views
The power supply is connected to the power button pins on my motherboard so when ignition on it boots and vice versa, configured Windows power options to enter hibernation when power button is pressed. 30 seconds after ignition is off the power supply cuts all power to save car battery (in addition to this my car enters some kind of...
The power supply is connected to the power button pins on my motherboard so when ignition on it boots and vice versa, configured...
Hi all I've been struggeling for a while to get a carPC for backseat entertainment running Kodi on a Raspberry. Never got to that...
Replies
Views
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between the two adhesive sides. No vibrations will make it to the board and the tape really is strong enough.
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between...
Hi. I like to show you my HTPC project build in a drawer. As I wanted the HTPC to be as invisible as possible I build it into a...
Replies
Views
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and Win10 VM with my TV tuner passed through via Unraid 6 and it would always drop packets when tuned to HD channels via DVB-T2. SD channels always seemed to be ok.
No idea if you're still around, but I'd love to know if you've had any issues with a VM doing the TV tuning? I tried a Win7 and...
MediaServer8 is an unRAID based storage system which, using virtualisation technology, also incorporates a MediaPortal / ArgusTV...
Replies
Views
The free is free.
The free is free.
Hello guy's. i want make my own TVE Server. the goal is to make one system without screen / keyboard / mouse. and maybe can be...
Replies
Views
If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint that the case cover plate must be curved as described in the document "Gehäusedeckel.pdf". This document describes how the cover must be bent. As the description in my document is in german I described the...
If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint...
After 8 years with my old Media Center PC – a Siemens Fujisu Activy 350 - it was time for something new. After some search in the...
Replies
Views
hey Stephane ; http://stefanjones.ca/blog/arduino-leonardo-remote-multimedia-keys/
hey Stephane ; http://stefanjones.ca/blog/arduino-leonardo-remote-multimedia-keys/
Hi! Wanted to show off my set up. It is based on SHUTTLE small form factor PC, containing Hauppauge TV tuner card. Everything is...
Replies
Views
c'est le but, comme ca tout les acces se font sur la face avant, et rien sur la face arriere. oui, obliger euh, a vrai dire j'ai jamais regardé, et puis j'ai un nas, avec environ 10to donc ... je préfère assurer mes arrières.
c'est le but, comme ca tout les acces se font sur la face avant, et rien sur la face arriere. oui, obliger euh, a vrai dire j'ai...
Hello Men, For make an suite to this thread "Component Selection" i have decided to build my own TVE server Case. Voila the...
Replies
Views
I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives. The only bad point is the bottom mounted filter is a HUGE pain to remove for cleaning.
I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives...
Hello there, my amplifier is 171 mm (H): 435 mm (W): 393 mm (D) and I am looking for a HTPC case which is a similar width and depth...
Replies
Views
There is MPDisplay++, it doesn't do exactly what you want, but you might even like it better! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpdisplay-0-9-7.130252/
There is MPDisplay++, it doesn't do exactly what you want, but you might even like it better...
Sir/Ma'am Is there a feature for MP that sorts of display poster graphics in a separate monitor (say TV to be mounted vertically...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing Home Multiseat Setup (1 Viewer) DE
Quick update on this, been playing with the Justop all evening. Absolutely love the hardware itself, plays everything ive thrown at it so far over LAN without any issue, however this has been my first outing with Win8.1 and I have to say it absolutely stinks. It's so unintuitive and installing MP has been am absolute nightmare. It's...
Quick update on this, been playing with the Justop all evening. Absolutely love the hardware itself, plays everything ive thrown at...
Hello all, We're just about to move home so ill be looking at an overhaul of our HTPC setup. We currently have a server that runs...
Replies
Views
A starting point would be here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search/1732924/?q=colossus+and+directv&o=relevance
A starting point would be here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search/1732924/?q=colossus+and+directv&o=relevance
I have just finished building my HTPC. I have downloaded the latest version of Mediaportal and have successfully hooked up my music...
Replies
Views
Looks nice - tried the website but it doesn't look like it is up and running yet.
Looks nice - tried the website but it doesn't look like it is up and running yet.
hi guys Been using media portal for a while and love it. but in Aust its hard to get the right case thats not huge and awful, so i...
Replies
Views
Few more things have arrived. Ordering 2 more to go on other walls! Really like these! Look darker than in photos. I haven't got proper brackets up yet so they're not level etc. More for reference right now!
Few more things have arrived. Ordering 2 more to go on other walls! Really like these! Look darker than in photos. I haven't...
Well the selling of the 330i had to be offset by something and this is it, a dedicated cinema room that I'm starting. Hopefully...
Replies
Views
Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1 exhaust with fan and that in the rest of my compartment, the hot air is accumulated? With my previous desktop pc, I had closed the openings in the side panel in front of the CPU cooler and also closed other...
Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1...
Inspired by this build I started my own DIY project: my antec case is to wide for the tv cabinet and I would like to make it less...
Replies
Views
Hi, If persuading your wife that 3D is the future to be able to buy a new TV set; I would like advice you not to use this as an argument. I have watched quite some people pay extra money for 3D features on new TV's and since: 1) 3D was a commercial hype 2) there is no standard for 3D 3) the extra cost to create/transport 3D content...
Hi, If persuading your wife that 3D is the future to be able to buy a new TV set; I would like advice you not to use this as an...
The Plan: Main MePo HTPC + MePo Server based on Asrock VisionX 420D (Haswell): http://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/VisionX Series...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing HTPC part 3 DE
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The idea is to have as much functionality with as less cable clutter in sight. To achieve said goals this is where it has been going: Front view I´m kind of done with the centerspeaker. My two floorstanding...
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The...
As of august 2013 we've moved into our new home. And of course, the mediacenter moved with us. Lately I've been installing it. The...
Replies
Views
ichessblumen (also here in the forum) did a test with his RasPi - and it does my flv files ... :-) so i think i will use one of those ... (just ordert @ amazon) if it is slow i don't care ... it is multi-media on long journeys ... always more than 3 hours ... so enought time ;)
ichessblumen (also here in the forum) did a test with his RasPi - and it does my flv files ... :-) so i think i will use one of...
Hi Folks - after a long time using MePo - time for something new. Two weeks ago - someone crashed in my loyal (parked) opel...
Replies
Views
1.7.1, Updated all packages automatically through MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM)
1.7.1, Updated all packages automatically through MediaPortal Extensions Manager (MPEM)
H3.S based HTPC Intel Core i3-3225 3.3GHz/3MB/NoTurbo (BX80637I33225) ASRock H77M-ITX (s1155, Intel H77, PCI-Ex16) Team DDR3-1600...
Replies
Views
I'm also concerned about EM radiation, so I need some sort of shielding for that. Everything will also have to be "earthed" to the power supply. One idea I had was to use 2mm thick aluminum panels (if I can find them) for the actual box. The book "covers" will have linen cloth applied to the outside surfaces with epoxy, and the...
I'm also concerned about EM radiation, so I need some sort of shielding for that. Everything will also have to be "earthed" to the...
Well, I finally have my new client working to my satisfaction, but I cannot stop there. I'm now designing a new DIY enclosure for...
Replies
Views
If I may give you some suggestions; if you use an serperate graphic card, go for an Intel i3 CPU. Much more performance and it uses less power as fas as I know.. Also, the CPU cooler is a bit to much in my opinion.. Maybe you can buy a cheaper one, and investigate it in a 128GB SSD, and a bit schraper 5400 rpm HDD. You should not...
If I may give you some suggestions; if you use an serperate graphic card, go for an Intel i3 CPU. Much more performance and it uses...
On PC Partpicker I've created http://pcpartpicker.com/user/OregonRider/saved/4jhl I already own a Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz...
Replies
Views
I'll have a look. Thanks.
I'll have a look. Thanks.
I decided to finally upgrade my HTPC to allow for the impending end of WinXP updates & the use of 3D blu-rays. I had looked at...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the offer... though, I haven't had hum since I removed the VCR from the equation. I edit and edit and edit like there's no tomorrow.
Thanks for the offer... though, I haven't had hum since I removed the VCR from the equation. I edit and edit and edit like there's...
I've been accumulating pieces for over a year ... mobo, cpu and OS are the last parts to arrive. Enclosure: Perfect Home Theater...
Replies
Views
cool case - cool hardware and cool passive cooled ... thumbs up ...
cool case - cool hardware and cool passive cooled ... thumbs up ...
hello folks, Since a htpc is never completed I post here in "ongoing htpc projects" ;) I was so inspired from this atom...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom