HTPC Projects (14 Viewers)

In the process of building your own HTPC or did you complete one? Show them to other MediaPortal users!
hello im a new at the this forum and want to show my own low budget htpc :) Hardware : Motherboard : Asus M2A-VM HDMI 690G Cpu : Amd X2 4200+ 2.2GHZ cooled by a ninja sytche Memory : Kingston 2x 1gb pc5300 value CL 5.0 Harddisk : Samsung 320gb 16mb hd321kj, WD external 400gb harddisk and almost 1.7tb of movies from my network...
hello im a new at the this forum and want to show my own low budget htpc :) Hardware : Motherboard : Asus M2A-VM HDMI 690G Cpu ...
hello im a new at the this forum and want to show my own low budget htpc :) Hardware : Motherboard : Asus M2A-VM HDMI 690G Cpu ...
Replies
Views
I so do love that cooler, looking at your pics made me pull the top off of my case for a peek ;)
I so do love that cooler, looking at your pics made me pull the top off of my case for a peek ;)
There.. my first dedicated HTPC ordered, delivered and built. =) Only had it for a day now, but I've gotten most of the kinks out...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your input. I also had several answers in the newsgroups pointing me to the paint shelf. Someone suggested VHT Vinyl dye, and I think I'll try that first. :thx: Lorenzo
Thanks for your input. I also had several answers in the newsgroups pointing me to the paint shelf. Someone suggested VHT Vinyl...
Hello there, I am quite new in here, so bear with me please. :) I am finally building that HTPC, and to stay in line with...
Replies
Views
There are several methods including converting and sending through Cat5 cable. All are expensive. Here's a few links: http://www.channelplus.com/ http://www.wholehouseaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=5646&l1=5646 HDMI over Cat5 http://www.networktechinc.com/cat5-hdmi.html http://www.networktechinc.com/extenders-video.html
There are several methods including converting and sending through Cat5 cable. All are expensive. Here's a few links...
I have my HTPC set up and running and everything is going well. The only thing I still need to sort out is how to distribute the...
Replies
Views
It could be that he has a collection of HD-DVDs, there are exclusives out there :) i'm going with the exact same drive, simply because i have 20 HD-DVDs in my collection, not worth selling them, but at the same time you can pick up some cheap HD-DVDs
It could be that he has a collection of HD-DVDs, there are exclusives out there :) i'm going with the exact same drive, simply...
I'm looking for comments & money-saving advice on my proposed HTPC build. Once I finalize the hardware selection I'll be ordering...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing My first HTPC DE
Hey there guys. Your software has inspired me to finally build my first HTPC! I was very impressed with the functionality you guys provide, and very interested in the upcoming version of it! The only functionality it is lacking is support for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. This is important, as i have a large HD-DVD collection, however have...
Hey there guys. Your software has inspired me to finally build my first HTPC! I was very impressed with the functionality you...
Hey there guys. Your software has inspired me to finally build my first HTPC! I was very impressed with the functionality you...
Replies
Views
if you have an athlon xp at your disposal you should consider running xp and buying some more ram. windows 2000 should also be a good alternative since its using the nt kernel and its functions and drivers (any drivers can be used for both systems) are pretty much equal to xp (that includes compatibility). plus the network management...
if you have an athlon xp at your disposal you should consider running xp and buying some more ram. windows 2000 should also be a...
Hi everybody ive used media portal on and off for about a year now. I am setting up a new home streaming media network and have...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
if you are looking for a really shiny powerbutton you might want to look if you can get your hands on one of these: http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/a127337.html
if you are looking for a really shiny powerbutton you might want to look if you can get your hands on one of these...
First of all, I'd like to thank the community for maintaining such a great project as MediaPortal is. Now here's my little...
Replies
Views
Hi seb87, I added two more Pictures. I got today another HD - 1TB Western Digital - WD10EACS Poppe
Hi seb87, I added two more Pictures. I got today another HD - 1TB Western Digital - WD10EACS Poppe
HTPC: - Asus M2NPV-VM - 2 GB RAM - Amd X2 4200 EE Stepping - NVida 8600GT (256MB, passiv) - FloppyDTV S2 - 2*...
Replies
Views
I am also in this same boat. Support for every IR device under the sun, nearly, but not a word about the RF devices. Can anyone give any advice or word on what the story is on RF devices, please? It would be much appreciated. :)
I am also in this same boat. Support for every IR device under the sun, nearly, but not a word about the RF devices. Can anyone...
Hi, I have an X10 Radio Frequency remote control (so, no IR). I have been looking at the various ways in which I can confiure...
Replies
Views
Ah I bought it when it was my desktop... well then it turned into my htpc.. so thats the reason, no reason to downgrade now... everything seems to be fine though
Ah I bought it when it was my desktop... well then it turned into my htpc.. so thats the reason, no reason to downgrade now...
http://picasaweb.google.com/tonyscha/MediaCenter Thumbnail view...
Replies
Views
Very very nice! love the opaque window! Also nice speakers man very clean look..
Very very nice! love the opaque window! Also nice speakers man very clean look..
Ok, this Project is finished since a few weeks, however I decided to share my thought about it. What I built : Everything is...
Replies
Views
Already done. I've actually decided to leave the hard drive intact when I add my other equipment. There are too many little things I've added that I would have to re-install and set up, and I don't want that kind of trouble right now. Things like firewire channel switching for the STB, LCD display settings, etc. I ghost the OS...
Already done. I've actually decided to leave the hard drive intact when I add my other equipment. There are too many little...
Well I'm thinking about wiping my hard drive and reloading the software on my dedicated HTPC, since I'll be adding some new...
Replies
Views
Thanks for links Thenoob! When I added all up at www.ichbinleise.de, (case + cooling) I got 709€ :oops:, so it's a bit more expensive there. I ordered mine at www.mcubed-tech.com.
Thanks for links Thenoob! When I added all up at www.ichbinleise.de, (case + cooling) I got 709€ :oops:, so it's a bit more...
After months and months of researching, I've finally decide to go with this setup: HTPC Case: HFX Classic with Heatpipe Bridge...
Replies
Views
Hmm. Well for me I used a program called PowerStrip that can write custom drivers for whatever video display you hook up to it. So that I was able to run the Mac Mini in Windows XP on my 480p Panasonic PDP at its native resolution of 852x480. OS X offered it as a choice by default but this extra step was required by Windows XP...
Hmm. Well for me I used a program called PowerStrip that can write custom drivers for whatever video display you hook up to it...
Hi guys, So I've had a bunch of HTPCs thus far from Shuttle's to home built but my current setup is soooooo sweet I had to post...
Replies
Views
hi, i would prefer a newer motherboard like the asus m2a. you could use a low profile scyte ninja cpu cooler with a papst or noctua fan. with this combo you can even top the pretty good noise level of the zalman cooler. but the rest looks just fine. edit: if you also need a psu i recommend the seasonic s12 and m12 series.
hi, i would prefer a newer motherboard like the asus m2a. you could use a low profile scyte ninja cpu cooler with a papst or...
Hello all, I'm currently building my first HTPC and waiting on the following components. Antec Fusion Black HTPC Case - 430HE...
Replies
Views
great minds think alike =)
great minds think alike =)
Sooo... HOWDY ALL! I finally had all the pieces i needed to put together this monstorous PC..so here it is : Zalman HD135...
Replies
Views
I needed this. I should post mine up because I've been using a laptop too for about a year. The only difference is I used to have it connected to a 19" TV via S-video but now I have a 47" I hook it up to via VGA.
I needed this. I should post mine up because I've been using a laptop too for about a year. The only difference is I used to have...
Well... It's a quick and dirty solution but hey, I moved here four days ago. I am waiting for the autotune so I post a pic in the...
Replies
Views
Hi since x15e "V2" there is a 80mm under the hd's preconfigured, but i will replace the 3 80mm with papst fans and antivibrating sticks. I need the 3 system fans, i have the passiv His 2600Pro and a fanless powersupply. For using the touchpannel i use mediaportal and the touchscreen plugin. It's a great designed, but not cheap...
Hi since x15e "V2" there is a 80mm under the hd's preconfigured, but i will replace the 3 80mm with papst fans and antivibrating...
hi folks, here is my new HTPC: Case: OrigenAE HTPC Aluminium X15e grafic: ASUS EAX1950PRO/HTDP, Radeon X1950 Pro, 256MB GDDR3...
Replies
Views
Looks like a lot of other folks used Thermaltake so mine isn't really original, but I bought the case because it was portable. The LANBOX came with a handle and it only weighs between 35 and 40 lbs with all of the parts inside. I love the blue front fan color, too. I used an ASUS AMD motherboard (full specs should be in my...
Looks like a lot of other folks used Thermaltake so mine isn't really original, but I bought the case because it was portable. The...
Looks like a lot of other folks used Thermaltake so mine isn't really original, but I bought the case because it was portable. The...
Replies
Views
Not much choice in UK on this one. Asrock P4VM900-SATA2 Socket 478 VIA PCI-E found at ebuyer.com overclockers.co.uk does not have a single 478 board. Here i would go around a computer fair, to find something that is not current technology. good luck with your search
Not much choice in UK on this one. Asrock P4VM900-SATA2 Socket 478 VIA PCI-E found at ebuyer.com overclockers.co.uk does not...
Hi I'm looking to buy a mother board but not exactly sure which one to get. i just got a new graphics card that isn't compatible...
Replies
Views
Hello All! Happy New Year! I have put together an HTPC which is still a work in progress but I thought I would share what parts I've used so far and how I configured it. Here is the parts list: - Chassis, NZXT HUSH, with a 450W PSU - MSI K8T Neo2 v2.0, VIA K8T800PRO chipset with DDR, AMD Socket 939 - CPU, AMD Athlon 64...
Hello All! Happy New Year! I have put together an HTPC which is still a work in progress but I thought I would share what parts...
Hello All! Happy New Year! I have put together an HTPC which is still a work in progress but I thought I would share what parts...
Replies
Views
I have what is kind of an offbeat (but simple) requirement for recording TV. I have a FTA satellite receiver that has an attached USB drive that can be used to make recordings. unfortunately it has no PVR capabilities so one has to manually start and stop the recording of sat shows. Most of what I will record is HD and I would prefer...
I have what is kind of an offbeat (but simple) requirement for recording TV. I have a FTA satellite receiver that has an attached...
I have what is kind of an offbeat (but simple) requirement for recording TV. I have a FTA satellite receiver that has an attached...
Replies
Views
First things first, newbie to the forums first post! Wife likes sky+ i hate it. Have a pc with celeron 2.6GHz 512mb ram twin 500gb hdd (raided-raid 1)win mce 2005 connected via dvi(ati 128Mb card) to an lg telly (37" with dvi input) and two nebula electronics dvb cards (well one master pci and one slave usb) and a mce remote, dvd...
First things first, newbie to the forums first post! Wife likes sky+ i hate it. Have a pc with celeron 2.6GHz 512mb ram twin...
First things first, newbie to the forums first post! Wife likes sky+ i hate it. Have a pc with celeron 2.6GHz 512mb ram twin...
Replies
Views
Looks nice. Personally, I'd go for a 45w processor if the price is right. True, you can't get quite up to the speed of your 65w and they cost a bit more, but for a computer that's always on and when you're looking for reliability, less heat and less power makes sense. I was spec-ing systems today, actually, and decided on the 45w for...
Looks nice. Personally, I'd go for a 45w processor if the price is right. True, you can't get quite up to the speed of your 65w and...
Hi, although I've successfully built PCs before this will be my first HTPC and I'd appreciate your feed back. Its initial role will...
Replies
Views
Hello guys....I am in the process to custom build a HTPC and Media Server.....I do have some questions from the experts here and please share your experiences. I will be building custom made cases for a (1)Media server and (3) media clients, I have looked for cases, some are very nice,(very expensive as well) but always lacking...
Hello guys....I am in the process to custom build a HTPC and Media Server.....I do have some questions from the experts here and...
Hello guys....I am in the process to custom build a HTPC and Media Server.....I do have some questions from the experts here and...
Replies
Views
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~mitreski/ download Gooses guide, or read post here
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~mitreski/ download Gooses guide, or read post here
I'm in the US building a HTPC that I plan to run MediaPortal and TVEngine on the same box under XP SP2. I'd like to be able to...
Replies
Views
Great stuff, says connection succeeded this time. Thanks My card isn't recognised in the TV server thing either. So it's looking like I won't be able to link this device with MP? Well I won't worry too much about getting it to recognise this particular device, as I believe the device won't be staying with me long. Only managed to...
Great stuff, says connection succeeded this time. Thanks My card isn't recognised in the TV server thing either. So it's looking...
I'll be using some of my old computers parts to put together a simple HTCP, which will hopefully be running Media Portal. Here are...
Replies
Views
pezzer, you're absolutely right the case itself is not that pricy. It's all the extras you need to make it passive that's pricy as hell, I ended up having worth 800 EUR worth of case-stuff in my shopping cart. I could fill 2 htpcs with hardware for all my needs for that price, it's just too steep.. Don't know of any mcubed/hfx...
pezzer, you're absolutely right the case itself is not that pricy. It's all the extras you need to make it passive that's pricy as...
I'm looking to buy a new home theater case for my media centre, i'd like to go to full ATX to fit the motherboard that i've...
Replies
Views
I am confused - you did a scan, MP found all the movies, but you still don't see them in MP? Are you still in the Share view (basically browsing folders)? After the scan, make sure you switch the view in MP to a database view (e.g. Title).
I am confused - you did a scan, MP found all the movies, but you still don't see them in MP? Are you still in the Share view...
Hello, I have a really big HTPC (12TB) with 2x12 500GB seagate barracudas. I have 10TB original movies on de HDD's. Now is the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom