HTPC Projects (17 Viewers)

In the process of building your own HTPC or did you complete one? Show them to other MediaPortal users!
MP1 MP2 Ongoing Project HTPC DE
I know I know, Im afraid about future of this project because manufacturing price isn´t small at all and there´s a problem with buttons from china, but I´ll keep searching for some solution.
I know I know, Im afraid about future of this project because manufacturing price isn´t small at all and there´s a problem with...
Hi everyone Welcome in my thread called project HTPC. I just bought a new PC for work and HTPC stuff. Here is the component list...
Replies
Views
Hi. If you need TV on more places than you have Antenna available, a Client/Server setup is the only way to go. It always is possible to use the TV Server and one Client on the same PC and other clients on other PC using the TV Server on first PC... If you have TV available everywhere (IPTV as example) then you can use one or more...
Hi. If you need TV on more places than you have Antenna available, a Client/Server setup is the only way to go. It always is...
Hi all, I'm just about to set up my NAS before I start on a HTPC and was hoping for some advice. My ideal setup would be WHS 2011...
Replies
Views
Ok, I did it :-D Ordered these parts: case Fractal Design node 304 PSU 300W BeQuiet System Power 7 MoBo ASRock B85M-ITX 1150 M-ITX Cpu INTEL Pentium G3220 3,0 GHz ram 4Gb Kingston Technology KHX1333C9D3B1 hard disk SSD KC300 SATA-600 2 hard disk Western Digital Caviar Green 3Tb DVD Writer USB Samsung SE-208DB/TSRS Keyboard logitech k400
Ok, I did it :-D Ordered these parts: case Fractal Design node 304 PSU 300W BeQuiet System Power 7 MoBo ASRock B85M-ITX 1150 M-ITX...
Hi all! I'm going to replace my old Jepssen HTPC with a new one, which I'll use as NAS and Mule too... I just watch downloaded...
Replies
Views
Hello Yes. Yes, 4 tuners required. Size depends completely on the provider/channel. Lifetime of the SSD depends on how much writing you do and the rating of the SSD. Maybe refer to here for an example: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/things-i-have-learnt-from-using-mp-that-might-help-others.122355/page-3#post-1043016...
Hello Yes. Yes, 4 tuners required. Size depends completely on the provider/channel. Lifetime of the SSD depends on how much...
Hi! I want to replace my IPTV DVR with a MediaPortal HTPC. The IPTV service provide 21/1 ADSL, 5 terabytes of storage and ability...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed Help needed DE
haha.
haha.
How can I get a dvd player from internet. Please give me a link of DVD player that work best.
Replies
Views
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They already have a streaming box (don't remember the name) for online TV viewing and movies, but he needs local program recording since dropping cable. He will be setting up a RAM drive for time-shifting. He...
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They...
MySon-in-law approached me about assembling a "low cost" HTPC to meet his essential functionality requirements. They already have a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D https://plus.google.com/115864537260396175022/posts/fQMmcP7d6vv
Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D...
My Parents' MP Build A MediaPortal story. What's the problem? My parents want a 'one fits all' approach: they want to watch movies...
Replies
Views
Already found my answer on this part of the FAQ http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/0_TV_Card_Features/1_CAMs Seems that the Alphacrypt has most decryption software. My cable provider uses Irdeto encryption, so the Alphacrypt module seems like a good choice.
Already found my answer on this part of the FAQ...
Hi people, Last year I attempted to build a HTPC. The tuners I use don't work on MP, long story, and now I am looking to get back...
Replies
Views
There is a performance difference in write speed between the pro vs non pro, but with running an HTPC write speed is not important. The read speed is essentially the same. TV-Server doesn't need that fast a write speed. The onboard memory on the pro version might be slightly more robust, but if you were worried at all about SSD...
There is a performance difference in write speed between the pro vs non pro, but with running an HTPC write speed is not important...
Hi Everyone I am currently researching components for my first HTPC build. With so many options out there i am a little...
Replies
Views
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress, although it is current living room client. TTFN - JCMP.
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress...
Hi If anyone is interested... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/Beta_Scratch_Build Still a work in progress...
Replies
Views
Finally a 'clean' setup! :D Is probably how i'm going to do it too! Keep up the good work
Finally a 'clean' setup! :D Is probably how i'm going to do it too! Keep up the good work
Finally got around and purchased all the pieces i wanted and hooked it up. This is no hardcore setup, but it has a exclusive look...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing My firts HTPC DE
SO time for some pictures: INSIDE: SIDES: Only left fan connected as intake and set for aprox 800RPM This one is blowing hot air out from case and is working on full RPM (I can control only 1 SysFan) Front: SSD drive on top hot swap socket and WD green drive on the bottom one. Readings from MSI Control...
SO time for some pictures: INSIDE: SIDES: Only left fan connected as intake and set for aprox 800RPM This one is...
Hi all, What you thinks about my HTPC setup. Everything will be delivered to me tomorrow :) : CASE: Silverstone Gradia GD06B...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage and view my vast collection of blu rays and DVD's and use something like Mediaportal to access. I would also use it as the dedicated box for accessing Netflix which my PS3 is currently pointed at and then...
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage...
Hi folks. Looking at replacing my WDTV box which I stream to from my PC with a dedicated HTPC. I'm primarily looking to manage...
Replies
Views
my dream is http://www.hfx.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&Itemid=212 T-balancer rheobus
my dream is http://www.hfx.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&Itemid=212 T-balancer rheobus
Hi Case: Silverstone Grandia GD07 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z69XP-UD4 CPU: Intel i3-2100 with Stock HSF Ram: 12 GB DDR3 GPU...
Replies
Views
Yes, you definitely could set it to do that, LCD Smartie is very programmable, bit of a steep learning curve on how to get it to work, but sort of fun! If you get stuck I can share some of my code with you then you can mess about with it. The info you need is here: http://mp.codeplex.com/ http://virtuallcd.codeplex.com/
Yes, you definitely could set it to do that, LCD Smartie is very programmable, bit of a steep learning curve on how to get it to...
This thread is for discussing lisag's lounge / bedroom set-up which you can see in the HTPC Showroom area of the MediaPortal Wiki...
Replies
Views
Possible - Ethernet over Mains? - works well in my house and it's lower cost than a wiring job if, unlike CodeMonkey, you don't have the detailed knowledge of where everything goes - or the skill to build a house in 1st place (guess what I don't have the skill to do :sneaky: - it IS subject to exactly how you house is wired, location...
Possible - Ethernet over Mains? - works well in my house and it's lower cost than a wiring job if, unlike CodeMonkey, you don't...
Hi Guys, Just a quick post to let you know that I have added my setup to the wiki "Showroom" section >>here<<
Replies
Views
The thing I really like about my Intel board for a HTPC is the fast boot option. I don't know if Asus has something comparable? VdR
The thing I really like about my Intel board for a HTPC is the fast boot option. I don't know if Asus has something comparable? VdR
I've bought a "new" house from some old people, and want to install a lot of electronics in it, not just a MP client :) There are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ongoing Build a HTPC DE
If you want fanless PSU I recommend Seasonic X-560, basically the PSU fan comes on only if the PSU overheats or if the load >50% (280W, which will never happen in most HTPCs), so basically its a fanless PSU at a regular price with the added safety of a fan if required :D
If you want fanless PSU I recommend Seasonic X-560, basically the PSU fan comes on only if the PSU overheats or if the load >50%...
Hello, I am French, and i am here today because i want to build a HTPC. The config i want to build : Processor : AMD A8 5600K...
Replies
Views
I was just teasing you about the word 'ultimate' which in English means 'Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible development or sophistication." :P I am a big believer in choices. and I think it is great that every user can choose the movie plugin that suits them best. Moving Pictures and My Films are both great plugins...
I was just teasing you about the word 'ultimate' which in English means 'Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible...
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/Showroom/powermarcel10's_livingroom_(singleseat) I hope you like it! :)
Replies
Views
I did a small update.....
I did a small update.....
Been looking around and one thing I noticed we don't have here is a thread for people to show off their setups so I decided to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Completed My approach DE
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media software to cutting-edge level. After some months of trial & error and tinkering around my system now is suitable for daily use and runs stable for about one year now. Towards an all-in-one solution in terms...
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media...
Dear all, first of all great cheers to the entire MediaPortal Team for their continous effort in developing our favorite media...
Replies
Views
Enabling the TV plugin, might also help. It's up and running :) Now the final ajustments... Hibernate and stuff.. And it's done..
Enabling the TV plugin, might also help. It's up and running :) Now the final ajustments... Hibernate and stuff.. And it's done..
My good old HTPC machine died. :cry: All the gray smoke that lived in it has gotten out.... Rest in peaces.. So now I have the...
Replies
Views
Went for one of the DC to DC 200W supplies and works well. Have decided that the case is just too big though and really want to change to a Server/Client setup as I just want a really tiny silent client by the TV. I used an old Xbox power supply for the PC and it's just too noisy.
Went for one of the DC to DC 200W supplies and works well. Have decided that the case is just too big though and really want to...
Hi guys, my store bought HP Pavilion that's being doing it's MP duties for the last 4 years is coming to the end of it's life and...
Replies
Views
Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the build process / final result :D
Doesn't have to be too detailed just a description of what you did, how you did and some photos of the process / showing off the...
Decided a while ago to try and build myself a case to go with other furniture (reclaimed oak, in big lumps) and have now got a...
Replies
Views
hi, i have testet 1080i. it works most of the time, but not allways. but this can be also an issue of my server. so i can't say it to 100% but i can't activate vector adaptive deinterlacing in catalyst. but it look like it works. i downt see any difference.
hi, i have testet 1080i. it works most of the time, but not allways. but this can be also an issue of my server. so i can't say...
I just ordered a Zotac ZBOX AD06 as a small client for my new TV in the attic. I read a bit and I did not want to spend too much...
Replies
Views
Amazing! Great project and very profesional.. Way more difficult to build than my mother fat case (<-------------------) :p Thanks for sharing this with us! :)
Amazing! Great project and very profesional.. Way more difficult to build than my mother fat case (<-------------------) :p...
Interesting? Wanna see inside? :D System Configuration: Intel Core i3-2120T (35W) CoolJAG DEN-7 CPU cooler Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H...
Replies
Views
Computers run on magic blue smoke... once released, you cannot use again ... unless you have a blue genie.
Computers run on magic blue smoke... once released, you cannot use again ... unless you have a blue genie.
I was making smoothies for breakfast this morning in my blender and the main power safety switch popped. Went to the fusebox and...
Replies
Views
Hi wiz Nice setup, easy dusting just the way I like it, cannot have the other half blocking the view to the TV when she should be in the kitchen getting the beer ;)
Hi wiz Nice setup, easy dusting just the way I like it, cannot have the other half blocking the view to the TV when she should be...
Just finished tearing down my living room and replastering, any questions please ask. i will try get some more photos of...
Replies
Views
Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain MoBos that trigger it or not... At the end of the day I'm happy with the PSU as the whine is not really noticable with case closed. It's really more a "principal" complaint about the PSU that is marketed as...
Like I wrote, there is a lot of different theories about whether there really is any whine or not and whether it' only certain...
So, I finally found some time to share a little bit about my latest build... For more background details and reasoning you can take...
Replies
Views
It's not full - currently a total of 6 TB is occupied - and with increasing number of movies > 4 GB well - it's filling up :) - plus Anime - downloading since 1999 and ever week there are about 10 episodes with approx 300 MB. Plus some online store for the family to have a backup of the local data.
It's not full - currently a total of 6 TB is occupied - and with increasing number of movies > 4 GB well - it's filling up :) -...
Also wanted to share my MP setup. The MP StandAlone itself is a Windows 7 64bit. The setup of teh HTPC is a OrigenAE S10V HTPC...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom