Improvement Suggestions (105 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
hehe, thank you. Yes, I love the pixel ratio in mediaportal :)) It was one of the first things I nagged frodo about putting in :)
hehe, thank you. Yes, I love the pixel ratio in mediaportal :)) It was one of the first things I nagged frodo about putting in :)
Hi, This is going to be a bit long-winded so please bear with me... I have a widescreen TV and subsequently I use Media...
Replies
Views
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good (congratulations all). I use the HTPC just connected to TV (by svideo). I would like to see a module (I’m not a developer...) very simple, where we can configure links that can be text links, or a icon, or a...
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good...
I have been trying almost all HTPC software...i choose Media Portal for my home made HTPC. This software is very good...
Replies
Views
A
Sorry, just read Frodo's reply: press x end you go directly to full screen view
Sorry, just read Frodo's reply: press x end you go directly to full screen view
Hello All, I don't know if it's allready possible, but i would like to go to the TV guide and directly view a program by pressing...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 autoupdate wishes DE
I'd also like an option for the update (after the download) to be done when either I quit or start MediaPortal rather than when I'm using it.
I'd also like an option for the update (after the download) to be done when either I quit or start MediaPortal rather than when I'm...
Hi folks, Autoupdate is great! :) But it would be nice, if there could be some settings for it to manage. My suggestions...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Thanks!
Thanks!
In the Pictures or Music folders, there is always that arrow in the upper left hand corner that will enable you to go back to the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact point in the song where you closed it or, if you are in pictures mode, the exact last picture.
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact...
I think it would be nice if Media Portal would save where you left off at if you exit out of Media Portal. This would be the exact...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Bump... :!: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1206&highlight=mediamvp -Jason
Bump... :!: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1206&highlight=mediamvp -Jason
Hi, Congratulations an awesome application. Are there any plans to support Hauppauge Media MVP in Media Portal? MVP could...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 [Animation] Flash/ShockWave Plug-in (1 Viewer) DE
I think i dont understand your post. What is mofux working on? And if you are developing wpf stuff for about 2.5 years, just show us something. We search for WPF developers to help porting MP, so its your chance to just act as an dev after your great words. greets agree
I think i dont understand your post. What is mofux working on? And if you are developing wpf stuff for about 2.5 years, just...
Hi! Media Portal Interface is really friendly. But i think, as the other MC/HTPC interface... it miss some ambience animation...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 External devices DE
this is allready possible. We can control the usbuirt device.
this is allready possible. We can control the usbuirt device.
Hi, first, I am a new user. Tried several HTPC progs which did not work very well. So thanx for the effort! Seems like this one...
Replies
Views
Yes, such thing would be very nice. the morgan stream switcher filter seems to be a good starting point. it should be able to enumerate the different audio streams and to choose one to be played back.
Yes, such thing would be very nice. the morgan stream switcher filter seems to be a good starting point. it should be able to...
Hiya all! It would be great if MediaPortal could split seperate audio streams for Xvids and other video files which happen to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I think that's a great idea! I for one would love to see some kind of support for PicaJet. I seldom use "My Pictures" because my digital pictures are in a terrible mess when it comes to folder placement so the only way I can find what I want is using the keywords in PicaJet. Anyway, support for whatever photo organization software...
I think that's a great idea! I for one would love to see some kind of support for PicaJet. I seldom use "My Pictures" because my...
It would be very nice if the thumbnails in My Pictures were automatically generated (in the background) when you enter a folder. It...
Replies
Views
Wow! Sounds great, just need some1 to make a plugin that looks for all www.apple.com trailer sites. Im not quite sure how it can be done, but when theres a will... These sites have randomly named and broken up pics, so its probably not possible to bring up a .JPG lookup for each individual movie. Unless its already on IMDB...
Wow! Sounds great, just need some1 to make a plugin that looks for all www.apple.com trailer sites. Im not quite sure how it...
How about a Movie Theater / Movie Times plugin or feature that would list local theaters and what is showing/times and IMDB info on...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 shutdown options DE
Great. Thank you Guys !
Great. Thank you Guys !
I'd like to shutdown/standby the computer when exiting MediaPortal.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
guess it comes down to the question if somebody creates a skin for this. Since I just bought a touchscreen on ebay a few minutes ago *proud* this becomes more urgent to me now :D Sooo... any news on that?
guess it comes down to the question if somebody creates a skin for this. Since I just bought a touchscreen on ebay a few minutes...
- touchscreen-friendly navigation (scrolling the main menu) - Add folders/select multiple files in the file browser and add/play...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Help page DE
Yes, well I am not talking about an indepth setup guide or anything but rather explaining the view and what shortcuts are avaible. As an example, how many times have you told people to press Y when they want to have the OSD on screen? There are probably three times as many who will never ask, they just install the program and use the...
Yes, well I am not talking about an indepth setup guide or anything but rather explaining the view and what shortcuts are avaible...
When I have been doing skins one thing that suprises me is that there are several features you find out about that you had no idea...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
This thread is sort of closed :wink: The bugs 1),3),4) were problems of my installation and not reproducable. For 2) I have opened a new thread with some additional requests here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1113 tomtom21000
This thread is sort of closed :wink: The bugs 1),3),4) were problems of my installation and not reproducable. For 2) I have...
Yes, it is me again. :wink: Don´t worry, only a minor request this time ( actually they are two requests) and of course it is for...
Replies
Views
Hi Scubefr, OSD in My TV, and My Videos already does offer extra buttons as you suggest. [Press Y] What particular modules, and buttons would you lilke to see in MediaPortal for upcoming releases?
Hi Scubefr, OSD in My TV, and My Videos already does offer extra buttons as you suggest. [Press Y] What particular modules, and...
I mean a navigation bar with play stop pause forward (…) button and maybe more … And maybe different button in different module No?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the category screen. Could it be designed to move back to the last categorized list of receipes, that you were on before selecting the receipe you had just looked at? A user may be searching for a particular...
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the...
After selecting a category, and then selecting a particular receipe, the receipe is displayed. The backbutton takes you back to the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hey Samsonite: You can do this already! Just got me an animated gif from the web and replaced the original background.png with the file renamed to background.gif. Then changed home.xml from reference to background.png to background.gif ... Et voila I have a background full of blinking stars! :lol: Changes need to be...
Hey Samsonite: You can do this already! Just got me an animated gif from the web and replaced the original background.png with...
I know this is something that might feel like a low prio thing and it just might be BUT I wanted to say why I think it would be...
Replies
Views
I think the major problem to build something like this is that there is not one single resource where you can pull the informtaion. For each site that offers you traffic information for your local area there would be a different structure. That would be really tricky to solve. I am not saying it's a bad idea but my first reaction was...
I think the major problem to build something like this is that there is not one single resource where you can pull the informtaion...
Hi, just thought about 2 nice features that could be interesting. First i thought about sth. like a traffic module. If you...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I have 2 systems running Mediaportal. Do I need to update both of them or I can just copy some file from one to another ? BTW I am impressed with the progress of MEDIAPORTAL has made during the last 2 months. Mediaportal is probably the best all-around Frontend/PVR/Mediacenter. If only I could have timeshifting with soffware...
I have 2 systems running Mediaportal. Do I need to update both of them or I can just copy some file from one to another ? BTW I...
I think some sort of progressbar will be needed for the auto-update. The update took quite some time so that I nearly broke off...
Replies
Views
And another sketch that can give inspiration for future enhancements Best if the categories could be configurable to the users taste/priority. Best if the "prime time" like 20:15 would be configurable because this is different in different countries. tomtom21000 the sketch is from a sceneo user (marzog)
And another sketch that can give inspiration for future enhancements Best if the categories could be configurable to the users...
This is on your ToDo list. Only a few thoughts for inspiration. 1) I think something like "playing now" will be needed. I...
Replies
Views
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
hi devs... last night I posted in graphics & skins about the(according to me) wrong use of the scrollable menu. but I there got...
Replies
Views
A
Erm tnx for pointing it out. :oops: Me and my bright ideas. I think i will hide in a cellar for a year now. And when i crawl out I will look more closely for a date when i post a reply. Darn Internet.
Erm tnx for pointing it out. :oops: Me and my bright ideas. I think i will hide in a cellar for a year now. And when i crawl out...
ok . with the new version of mediaportal you can listen to internet radio stations in myradio and configure it as you want . but...
2 3
Replies
Views
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys mergable, or perhaps naming them the same on 2 different harddrives and then when listing the subfolders and files in them. you list what´s in both of them. for example: TV-series. I got a whole bunch of...
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys...
I did a search on this topic but I couldnt´t find that it had been requested previously, so here it goes: Making directorys...
Replies
Views
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward / rewind now it only seems to show the key frames of the file which makes it difficult to accurately get to a certain position in the video file. In addition if you are fast forwarding a file you cannot...
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward...
It would be nice if the internal video player had a smoother fast forward / rewind capability. By this I mean if you fast forward...
Replies
Views
Ok kewl I have adjusted it to my likeing. I did not think it would be so easy. Thanks! It would be good if there were some true 16x9 skins though. XBMC skins have many variants... i.e. NTSC, NTSC16x9, PAL, PAL16x9, 720p, 1080i I suppose when you're dealing with one graphics chipset things are alot easier. It would be good...
Ok kewl I have adjusted it to my likeing. I did not think it would be so easy. Thanks! It would be good if there were some true...
Hi, On my 32inch widescreen TV the preview panel on the home page still looks tiny. I'm using a 16x9 resolution on my display...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Crickey I must have been drunk! Ok I'll try again. If you have an album of MP3's in a folder and you press F3 to get the CD information and track details etc MP also pulls down the CD cover image. Can we get MP by default to asign the image it downloads to the folder also instead of just the tracks. DMAN.
Crickey I must have been drunk! Ok I'll try again. If you have an album of MP3's in a folder and you press F3 to get the CD...
Hi, It would be good to have an album contents always in list view. What do ya reckon? Also if the album dtails are sourced...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Video Thumbnails DE
Generating thumbnails for mpg Ok, my small contribution to the frey. I use the thumbs program (free version available at http://www.greggman.com/thumbs/download.htm This program generates thumbnails in subdirectories of folders which have mpg files. It makes jpg files and changes the name (inserts th_ at the beginning and...
Generating thumbnails for mpg Ok, my small contribution to the frey. I use the thumbs program (free version available at...
It would be good to get movie covers from other sources if IMDB does not have them. i.e. Amazon / Walmart. Or alternatively...
Replies
Views
A
we allready have a database for files We store: Album info, album art, artists, songname, trackname, genre, allmusic.com info looked up with F3. all IMDB info, picture rotation of pics for always shoing the corretc rotation etc etc This way it does not matter what folder you have and where they r, setting the view on artist, or...
we allready have a database for files We store: Album info, album art, artists, songname, trackname, genre, allmusic.com info...
Has anyone thought of using a database for displaying files rather then directly browsing directories? With a database style file...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom