Improvement Suggestions (92 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Fixed
Fixed
It is very nice that CD/DVD drives now automatically get shares assigned. But it would be even nicer if they were named something...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 INSERT function DE
what do you think of this idea?
what do you think of this idea?
It would be great if there was a way to insert a song in the playlist. What I mean is you would hit insert and it would play the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
nice idea,
nice idea,
I apologize if someone already said this, but it would be great if there was a way to have the visualizations change everytime the...
Replies
Views
Interesting... will need to investigate that
Interesting... will need to investigate that
Hi there. First of all I wanna say that MP is a great program, far better from myHTPC - Meedio and Xlobby. But I have problem...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
De-activadt the "plugins" you want to use for now. Configuartation.exe > plugin > un-mark the plugins you dont want
De-activadt the "plugins" you want to use for now. Configuartation.exe > plugin > un-mark the plugins you dont want
Since I don't run TV/radio/weather/pictures via MP yet (just downloaded and installed over the weekend and don't have all tuner...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 requests DE
This option would be absolutely great to have! Any idea when this will be implemented? Perhaps something along the lines of: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe /run="My TV" Many thanks, and great product! Aaron
This option would be absolutely great to have! Any idea when this will be implemented? Perhaps something along the lines of...
1/ Break out everything from the code about the home page and make homepage skinnable 2/ Break out "hyperlinks" from the code and...
Replies
Views
Just saw Keymap.xml :oops: DMAN
Just saw Keymap.xml :oops: DMAN
It would be good to save custom keyboard settings. Especially useful when updating builds every week. DMAN
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD options DE
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing. In addition have keyboard buttons assigned to each. I think this has laready been asked but preferably have the DVD player as a seperate module. DMAN.
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing...
It would be good to have the ability to turn on and off closed captions and choose the audio language whilst the movie is playing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Main menu DE
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very confusing when the selected one is not in the middle were it could be it´s not logical to have the one with most fade is the selected this is after i scroll up or down And another thing: the tv...
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very...
Is it possible to have the selected one always in focus and with no fade and biggest font and in the center? now it´s very...
Replies
Views
added it to todo.txt
added it to todo.txt
myMusic and myVideos. Currently the handling and usage of CDs and DVDs is a bit inconsistent. We have in myMusic and myVideos an...
Replies
Views
A
Let us shift the focus to something interesting instead. Since I am also a user of XP Media Center (it is temporary and my mind is set for MP... I just need to get it to look the way I want first ;) ... j/k ). One thing that I am almost sure about is that MCE uses directX?!?! It has all the nice effects that is displayed on screen...
Let us shift the focus to something interesting instead. Since I am also a user of XP Media Center (it is temporary and my mind is...
It seems, that MediaPortal is the only application I know that does not work with Remote desktop connection. I don't want to use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I added it to todo.txt
I added it to todo.txt
Hi, First of all, love the new settings window. Much better looking :o) When using the feature that 'automatically' hides the...
Replies
Views
oh god yes please, I really want this feature I was just thinking about it not even an hour ago.
oh god yes please, I really want this feature I was just thinking about it not even an hour ago.
A little wish: Is it possible to highlight the now playing song in the list view? I am allways irritated, because the list...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Feature DE
you allready did :)
you allready did :)
Hi I would like the ability to scale the fullscreen tv GUI. Should be easy to implement as an variable in the configuration and...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 DVD all the way out DE
wich dvd codecs r u using? Just found out that cyberlink has does listen to the settings you make in setup. Intervideo totally ignores these.
wich dvd codecs r u using? Just found out that cyberlink has does listen to the settings you make in setup. Intervideo totally...
I have installed Windows Media Center to give it a go and one thing that works really nice is the DVD playback. In Media Portal the...
Replies
Views
Jup, i second that! :)
Jup, i second that! :)
It would be good to have a PIN number requirement for certain movies in the Movie Module. i.e. Movies over a certain age defined...
Replies
Views
A
I'm aware of the sorting and grouping, but is it possible to group by say, genre, and then once you click on the "Electronic" genre, show folders for all of the artists in electornic, instead of one huge list of all electronic music?
I'm aware of the sorting and grouping, but is it possible to group by say, genre, and then once you click on the "Electronic"...
I'm thinking about taking a crack at dev for this thing, and the first thing I'd like to see is a better way to sort and group in...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
you can search on the folder allready but not using the mouse. Press F3 while standing on the folder. So all in all it comes down that you need the better mouse support wich is on the todo list.
you can search on the folder allready but not using the mouse. Press F3 while standing on the folder. So all in all it comes...
Hej, I must say this program looks very promising. The problem is I have a Touchscreen which I use to control the program. And I...
Replies
Views
Yea, that would be cool... I have 2 DVD players in my HTPC. Better than DVD Changer ;)
Yea, that would be cool... I have 2 DVD players in my HTPC. Better than DVD Changer ;)
It would be really nice if I could specify what drive that MP would eject when pressing the Eject button. Right now it seems to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I think of it the Y key to add the video to the playlist also might be usefull.
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I...
It would be nice if it was possible to press the Play key when you are in the IMDB info screen to start that movie. Now that I...
Replies
Views
did this go anyhwere? I was thinking about the sms style keyboarding for entering text for searches and whatnot instead of the virtual keyboard, on a remote it would be a LOT faster.
did this go anyhwere? I was thinking about the sms style keyboarding for entering text for searches and whatnot instead of the...
When I am only using the arrows and Enter key to navigate through my music I often have the desire to navigate faster up and down...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
done
done
Is there any way to play all the songs automatically when you first go into 'My Music"? What I want is for it to play with the...
Replies
Views
A
Doh :lol:
Doh :lol:
I am sure a lot of users still don't use xmltv, and even though you do, should something come up so you can't use xmltv, you can't...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Wakeup from standby DE
How to make MP start up if it is not running? Its hard to do other stuff while MP is running... can MP start by itself in the background if there is a recording to be done?? and then go away after its done? Thx
How to make MP start up if it is not running? Its hard to do other stuff while MP is running... can MP start by itself in the...
If the HTPC, with MediaPortal installed of course, is to take over the place as the new VCR one feature has to be implemented: the...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 My News request (1 Viewer) DE
I'll put this on my to-do list.
I'll put this on my to-do list.
The ability to change the order of RSS feeds. For some reason it keeps putting ESPN at the beginning of the list, I'm not much into...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Your´re not alone ... Just to give you some feedback. I think it is an important thing, at least for keyboard users. Here is my Feature request as of May, 14th. Hasn´t made it to the ToDo list though. :wink: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=135 tomtom21000
Your´re not alone ... Just to give you some feedback. I think it is an important thing, at least for keyboard users. Here is...
I oftentimes forget what buttons I have mapped in each window. Is it possible to have a '?' button in the corner of each window...
Replies
Views
I get covers with imdb and ofdb :shock: And I think I'm not the only one. :?:
I get covers with imdb and ofdb :shock: And I think I'm not the only one. :?:
This is sure not for the near future, but maybe someone picks up the idea: There is a german language movie database with over...
Replies
Views
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides Timeshifting at MP start and Timeshifting at entering TV-module) # Most of the times I don´t need it, so it is stressing the system and harddisk # It would be easy to start timeshifting when it is...
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides...
I would like a button similar to the TV on/off button for Timeshifting on/off: (means also a new option in the settings besides...
Replies
Views
A
is this idea possible or just a pipe dream.
is this idea possible or just a pipe dream.
the greatest car stereo known to mankind (the Empeg), which has a hard drive, has a remote which enables the user to pick another...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
just go config -> key -> Fullscreen TV and change F7/F8 to up/down.
just go config -> key -> Fullscreen TV and change F7/F8 to up/down.
I know it is not the time for new features :) Switching channels via mouse is a bit too complicated: It takes 2 clicks to go...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom