Improvement Suggestions (68 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Started on: 2007-7-22 last update: Summary: When in now playing screen, MP will show related pics Area: My Music - Now Playing Description: It's a nice little feature I saw in TVedia. When in now playing screen, the program downloads pictures taken from photo sharing sites like Flickr. It sends a search using the artist's...
Started on: 2007-7-22 last update: Summary: When in now playing screen, MP will show related pics Area: My Music - Now...
Started on: 2007-7-22 last update: Summary: When in now playing screen, MP will show related pics Area: My Music - Now...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I'm an enthusiastic Mediaportal user, and this is my first post. I'm currently using 0.2.3 RC2 with TV engine 2, with a SKYSTAR2 SAT card with WDM drivers 4.4.1. I think it would be nice to have in multi-channel SAT all supported languages, not only the first three of them. While in other DVB programs I'm able...
Hi everybody, I'm an enthusiastic Mediaportal user, and this is my first post. I'm currently using 0.2.3 RC2 with TV engine 2...
Hi everybody, I'm an enthusiastic Mediaportal user, and this is my first post. I'm currently using 0.2.3 RC2 with TV engine 2...
Replies
Views
Summary: Start-up delay is a great future when auto starting up MP whit windows It gives the OS time to load all drivers and services it needs Whit a 10 sec MP start-up delay, MP is a about 25 sec sooner up and running Area: MP start up routine Description: Get a check box for using start-up delay only when MP starts whit OS
Summary: Start-up delay is a great future when auto starting up MP whit windows It gives the OS time to load all drivers and...
Summary: Start-up delay is a great future when auto starting up MP whit windows It gives the OS time to load all drivers and...
Replies
Views
Would be great if someone could make a plugin or something where you could change the xml files in an easy way to to change the font sizes/menu sizes in MP. I found this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/increase_fontsize_tvguide-t14622.html?t=14622 But if this could be done in an easyer way I think it would be a wery usefull...
Would be great if someone could make a plugin or something where you could change the xml files in an easy way to to change the...
Would be great if someone could make a plugin or something where you could change the xml files in an easy way to to change the...
Replies
Views
A
I have been using Mediaportal for some time now, liking it very much and in the future (when it's stable) i want to use it mainly for the tv function. There are a few features i would like / could be usefull: 1) I have been using wintv2000 with my pvr250 until now and there are some features I like about it: - It has the...
I have been using Mediaportal for some time now, liking it very much and in the future (when it's stable) i want to use it mainly...
I have been using Mediaportal for some time now, liking it very much and in the future (when it's stable) i want to use it mainly...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hello All, I have a lot of music videos (dvds) on my computer. I would like to use it for parties so I can tell it to play the video's randomly an leave it alone (as well as every one else leaving it alone). I think it would be a good option to have a random play feature for videos, not only play the videos randomly but also the...
Hello All, I have a lot of music videos (dvds) on my computer. I would like to use it for parties so I can tell it to play the...
Hello All, I have a lot of music videos (dvds) on my computer. I would like to use it for parties so I can tell it to play the...
Replies
Views
If you scan your database (Without “Skip files already in database” selected) you’ll have to reselect the movie title. The scanner should automatically use the IMDB number from existing entries so you don’t have to reselect the movie title.
If you scan your database (Without “Skip files already in database” selected) you’ll have to reselect the movie title. The...
If you scan your database (Without “Skip files already in database” selected) you’ll have to reselect the movie title. The...
Replies
Views
T
hi, i read about mediaportal in the german magazin ct and i'm absolute *wow* speechless. but: i got a technotrend skystar 1 (nexus) and there will be no bda driver - i think. is the focus of the developers on bda-cards or is there a chance that my tv-card will be supported in the next time? i use it now for showing pictures and...
hi, i read about mediaportal in the german magazin ct and i'm absolute *wow* speechless. but: i got a technotrend skystar 1...
hi, i read about mediaportal in the german magazin ct and i'm absolute *wow* speechless. but: i got a technotrend skystar 1...
Replies
Views
T
I wound like to add animated background for skins. But I have one major problem and here it is. When ever I use a sequence of *.png the load time between pages is very slow about 3 to 4 sec as it pre load the images before going there (will that what I think). The improvement suggestion: Is there any way of adding a “type” which is...
I wound like to add animated background for skins. But I have one major problem and here it is. When ever I use a sequence of *.png...
I wound like to add animated background for skins. But I have one major problem and here it is. When ever I use a sequence of *.png...
Replies
Views
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-04-12 last update: 2007-04-12 Summary: Option for setting overlay ON / OFF for each function Description: Right now in mediaportal when you wach TV, go to the home screen on the left bottom there's a small little window displayed with the current TV. This is also for playing music, watching movies, etc...
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-04-12 last update: 2007-04-12 Summary: Option for setting overlay ON / OFF for each function...
b]Started on:[/b] 2007-04-12 last update: 2007-04-12 Summary: Option for setting overlay ON / OFF for each function...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2006-12-12 last update: 2006-12-12 Summary: Disable mce remote control when playing with external player Add haali renderer support as new renderer. Area: Remote control and filtergraph issue. Description: My Mce Trust Vista Remote rc-2400 . work fine with MP. I setup it also for use with Zoom Player wirh...
Started on: 2006-12-12 last update: 2006-12-12 Summary: Disable mce remote control when playing with external player Add haali...
Started on: 2006-12-12 last update: 2006-12-12 Summary: Disable mce remote control when playing with external player Add haali...
Replies
Views
I sometimes find it rather confusing when going to LiveTV only to get the "Unable to start timeshifting - No Audio/Video detected" error message, when it just happens that the channel it's defaulting to has gone off air. As I've had various configuration problems that have led to slightly different "Unable to start timeshifting"...
I sometimes find it rather confusing when going to LiveTV only to get the "Unable to start timeshifting - No Audio/Video detected"...
I sometimes find it rather confusing when going to LiveTV only to get the "Unable to start timeshifting - No Audio/Video detected"...
Replies
Views
I whish to move a channel to another existing group with my remote (and I think many of us). It would help a lot into organizing channels. I request a simple key that open the group list, you select a group with "up/down" and hit "enter" to move the channel. After channel has been moved the previous list must however be the current...
I whish to move a channel to another existing group with my remote (and I think many of us). It would help a lot into organizing...
I whish to move a channel to another existing group with my remote (and I think many of us). It would help a lot into organizing...
Replies
Views
First off, Thumbsup to the dev team, great job so far. I just have 1 "simple" feature request. If you are watching a show with timeshifting enabled, and you half way through it decide you wanna record it, it should add the part already timeshifted with the recording. I know SageTV does this. What it does, or atleast I think...
First off, Thumbsup to the dev team, great job so far. I just have 1 "simple" feature request. If you are watching a show with...
First off, Thumbsup to the dev team, great job so far. I just have 1 "simple" feature request. If you are watching a show with...
Replies
Views
Hi, It would be nice if the TVEngine would try to descramble a channel when it cannot tune to it, even if it was found as FreeToAir. The reason being is that I have a network provider who does broadcast some channels marked as FreeToAir which are scrambled in reality. After a few chats with the support they said everything is fine...
Hi, It would be nice if the TVEngine would try to descramble a channel when it cannot tune to it, even if it was found as...
Hi, It would be nice if the TVEngine would try to descramble a channel when it cannot tune to it, even if it was found as...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Resume Audio / Sort by date (1 Viewer) DE
Hi ^^ Very nice job, I tried MP in past and for now it's seem more powerfull, but I am an meedio user and for some stuff I would like to recover in MP :) .. First of all RESUME AUDIO ... pleaseeeee ^^ after movie or TV and when MP start Second request, sort folders by date doesn't work for me :/ music or movie (but only...
Hi ^^ Very nice job, I tried MP in past and for now it's seem more powerfull, but I am an meedio user and for some stuff I would...
Hi ^^ Very nice job, I tried MP in past and for now it's seem more powerfull, but I am an meedio user and for some stuff I would...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi, It would be really nice if "Find on IMDB" was added to the TV EPG. The EPG info contains sometimes too little information and it would be nice if you could search for more info about a upcoming movie/series.
Hi, It would be really nice if "Find on IMDB" was added to the TV EPG. The EPG info contains sometimes too little information...
Hi, It would be really nice if "Find on IMDB" was added to the TV EPG. The EPG info contains sometimes too little information...
Replies
Views
Something that is not in the Radio module, is selecting your channel by clicking a channel number on your remote control. Just like you have for the TV. Now, it is a problem that you only can select by name, genre,...
Something that is not in the Radio module, is selecting your channel by clicking a channel number on your remote control. Just...
Something that is not in the Radio module, is selecting your channel by clicking a channel number on your remote control. Just...
Replies
Views
Hear hear, I made a zaplist in the tv-server 3.(DVB-S) That part was'nt easy at all because there are always many channels with the same name (discovery, mtv etc). Thank God you can preview the channels during configuration so you can at least see for your self what channel you are selecting. But what now if I want to select the...
Hear hear, I made a zaplist in the tv-server 3.(DVB-S) That part was'nt easy at all because there are always many channels with the...
Hear hear, I made a zaplist in the tv-server 3.(DVB-S) That part was'nt easy at all because there are always many channels with the...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2008-09-17 Last update: 2008-09-17 Summary: Allow configurable time for onscreen display. Area: All Description: When playing videos and skipping around the video the onscreen progress bar only stays visible for a very short period of time.
Started on: 2008-09-17 Last update: 2008-09-17 Summary: Allow configurable time for onscreen display. Area: All...
Started on: 2008-09-17 Last update: 2008-09-17 Summary: Allow configurable time for onscreen display. Area: All...
Replies
Views
Would be nice to be able to set a reminder on a particular show in the TV guide, then have a OSD come up maybe 5 minutes before your show saying: "Tv show" starting in 5 min, would you like to change channels now? With a yes no option.. the dialog should disappear if the show has already started.. Maybe someone can write...
Would be nice to be able to set a reminder on a particular show in the TV guide, then have a OSD come up maybe 5 minutes before...
Would be nice to be able to set a reminder on a particular show in the TV guide, then have a OSD come up maybe 5 minutes before...
Replies
Views
I just heard about a new web service called MP3Tunes They say they have an Open API http://www.mp3tunes.com/api/. Wouldn't that be nice to store your MP3 files on the net and let MP play your music? A video about this can be found here: http://news.com.com/1606-2-6098952.html?tag=st.rb
I just heard about a new web service called MP3Tunes They say they have an Open API http://www.mp3tunes.com/api/. Wouldn't that be...
I just heard about a new web service called MP3Tunes They say they have an Open API http://www.mp3tunes.com/api/. Wouldn't that be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 soundtype DE
Started on: 2006-12-15 last update: 2006-12-15 Summary: Selection of soundtype Description: I would be nice if it was possible in TV server setup choose what soundformat should be used by tuner. In 0.2 it was possible to delete AC3 PID for example.
Started on: 2006-12-15 last update: 2006-12-15 Summary: Selection of soundtype Description: I would be nice if it was...
Started on: 2006-12-15 last update: 2006-12-15 Summary: Selection of soundtype Description: I would be nice if it was...
Replies
Views
Check out the sneak peek of Verizon's new service: http://www.verizonfios.com/img/ They have a cool search feature using the number keys on the remote just like when text-messaging on a mobile. They also have a nice guide feature where the selected program in the guide expands and shows the program info directly underneath.
Check out the sneak peek of Verizon's new service: http://www.verizonfios.com/img/ They have a cool search feature using the...
Check out the sneak peek of Verizon's new service: http://www.verizonfios.com/img/ They have a cool search feature using the...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2009-06-10 last update: 2009-06-10 Summary: Possibility, when you scan channels, to add or update only channels you use (e.g. TV or Radio). Area: My TV / My Radio Description: Usually when you scan for new channel Mediaportal add or update everything; but, for example, if I use only TV channels (no Radio), it...
Started on: 2009-06-10 last update: 2009-06-10 Summary: Possibility, when you scan channels, to add or update only channels...
Started on: 2009-06-10 last update: 2009-06-10 Summary: Possibility, when you scan channels, to add or update only channels...
Replies
Views
A
can you make a tv guide for broadcasting?. i really like the the tv guide. how about puting ur zip code for the broadcast stations?. help make the tv could you so just download and that's it and you selecte the channels you want to see or add a option for no skip that option for like broadcast stations?
can you make a tv guide for broadcasting?. i really like the the tv guide. how about puting ur zip code for the broadcast...
can you make a tv guide for broadcasting?. i really like the the tv guide. how about puting ur zip code for the broadcast...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
R
Hi, I don't know if it is possible already, I'd be really interested in seeing IMDB info on video files to automatically be retrieved while watching other video files. take care,
Hi, I don't know if it is possible already, I'd be really interested in seeing IMDB info on video files to automatically be...
Hi, I don't know if it is possible already, I'd be really interested in seeing IMDB info on video files to automatically be...
Replies
Views
redmodel
R
I worked quite a lot on my music collection and have some suggestions for views improvements. Overall the views are working fine Possibility to move views up/down Possibility to tick/untick (standard)views to show/not to show Possibility to group by decade like 60s, 70s Add more help text for the parameters ad 1: I have...
I worked quite a lot on my music collection and have some suggestions for views improvements. Overall the views are working fine...
I worked quite a lot on my music collection and have some suggestions for views improvements. Overall the views are working fine...
Replies
Views
This is something common in most standalone DVD players and a feature I'd very much like to see in Mediaportal if at all possible. I'd like to be able, for DVDs in particular (but also My Videos), to set a timeout after which Mediaportal automagically stops playback if paused or idling in a DVD menu. I'm both forgetful and/or...
This is something common in most standalone DVD players and a feature I'd very much like to see in Mediaportal if at all possible...
This is something common in most standalone DVD players and a feature I'd very much like to see in Mediaportal if at all possible...
Replies
Views
A
  • Poll
I know, Iknow ... Everyone wants this. Although i know absolutely nothing about programming and the such. I am just end user hoping someone gets this rolling so that we can have Mediaportal clients all over the house. Kinda like an ant farm.(hahaha). Anyway, the original interface from hauppauge doesn't cut it, and SageTV is missing...
I know, Iknow ... Everyone wants this. Although i know absolutely nothing about programming and the such. I am just end user...
I know, Iknow ... Everyone wants this. Although i know absolutely nothing about programming and the such. I am just end user...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom