Improvement Suggestions (57 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Thanks. I think HomeY found the same issue as well. We'll get the reproduction details correct first befor pushing the report further. But reason for me to ask was if DB was improved like you intend to do, I am able to switch to that mode and not be bothered with the issue in the first place :) But its better to fix it anyway...
Thanks. I think HomeY found the same issue as well. We'll get the reproduction details correct first befor pushing the report...
Hello everyone, Normally I use the share view. The reason for this is I can create folders as I please and browse through them...
Replies
Views
All Music Guide is the King of Music Review. It will be great to have a music review for every song we listen. We put the cd album in the cd driver and the logo AMG appear to have a review. This is how I see it. :thx:
All Music Guide is the King of Music Review. It will be great to have a music review for every song we listen. We put the cd...
All Music Guide is the King of Music Review. It will be great to have a music review for every song we listen. We put the cd...
Replies
Views
+1 nice to see in version 1.1 or 1.2
+1 nice to see in version 1.1 or 1.2
Hi In the EPG, when you right click or Info button a show in the TV Guide/EPG Menu, you get options (1.View, 2.Switch Mode...
Replies
Views
UP !!! Please can you reply if is possible !
UP !!! Please can you reply if is possible !
Hi, I use IRSS 3561 spécial Imon of Disaster, and i would created an entry in "?Input Mapping Editor" is an input for Files folder...
Replies
Views
Margin (margin-top) is what it's called in CSS.
Margin (margin-top) is what it's called in CSS.
Started on: 2007-07-11 last update: 2007-07-11 Summary: Add a spacing property for reflections. Area: MP core lib...
Replies
Views
It will be find to add to MediaPortal a proxy support for internet connections, I mean an autologin to proxies that are using an authentication process ! Thx !
It will be find to add to MediaPortal a proxy support for internet connections, I mean an autologin to proxies that are using an...
It will be find to add to MediaPortal a proxy support for internet connections, I mean an autologin to proxies that are using an...
Replies
Views
Would emphasize this suggestion ! We have huge TVs at home, why not use them ?
Would emphasize this suggestion ! We have huge TVs at home, why not use them ?
I like a lot to make some cool panormas, like some that can be found here: http://www.ptgui.com/gallery/ It would be great if...
Replies
Views
Up this topic !
Up this topic !
Started on: 2009-04-20 last update: 2009-04-020 Summary: Close DVD tray with remote Description: Would it be possible...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2014-12-07 last update: 2014-12-07 Summary: Add .f4m per default in mp's "supported" file extensions for videos Area: Videos Description: Certain downloaded videos from OV plugin doesn't show up in GUI and one does not know why. MP has no trouble playing them so why not add it! Improves the "out of the box" experience.
Started on: 2014-12-07 last update: 2014-12-07 Summary: Add .f4m per default in mp's "supported" file extensions for videos Area...
Started on: 2014-12-07 last update: 2014-12-07 Summary: Add .f4m per default in mp's "supported" file extensions for videos Area...
Replies
Views
Thanks, but how do you set one of the MCE remote buttons to do this switch between AUdios?
Thanks, but how do you set one of the MCE remote buttons to do this switch between AUdios?
Hello, I have a suggestion of functionnality to add in MediaPortal. First I will explain my installation: I have one PC with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys I think the title is self-explaining. I think it would be smart if mp had an option to close mp prior shuting down / hibernating / entering standby. I've got my own configuration to close mp prior hibernating and it is saving me a lot of trouble but it's more a workaround than a real solution and I'm sure mp having...
Hello guys I think the title is self-explaining. I think it would be smart if mp had an option to close mp prior shuting down /...
Hello guys I think the title is self-explaining. I think it would be smart if mp had an option to close mp prior shuting down /...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be accessed by pressing Ctrl+L on the keyboard. It has no way of being activated by remote. The current workaround for this is to use an external program such as IRSS to detect a remote keypress and map it to the...
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be...
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Activity Log. DE
Sam: You're right.. it keeps the log for the session. Haven't seen how long it can get. I think for the feature made in this thread, they would want to look at more than one session. And maybe something in plain language. The current log is a good start but I don't think it really provides sufficient audting information to a...
Sam: You're right.. it keeps the log for the session. Haven't seen how long it can get. I think for the feature made in this...
It might be useful for a busy parent to see what their children are doing with the HTPC. It would be nice if Media Portal had...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be great! I ve already done a request to zebons for adding this option in his plugin mesfilms, but he is very busy at this moment
It would be great! I ve already done a request to zebons for adding this option in his plugin mesfilms, but he is very busy at...
On the MeediOS forum the are working on this: Fanart on the movie selection screen.. really cool The backdrop names are the...
Replies
Views
I agree with you. The 7 or 8 second replay was real handy with the TiVo. It was great for watching football. Not having any pause was nice too.
I agree with you. The 7 or 8 second replay was real handy with the TiVo. It was great for watching football. Not having any...
This feature request is based on existing GBPVR functions. I find that they are very intuitive and provide very accurate...
Replies
Views
AW: Accessing IGraphBuilder So my plugin is to change the audiorenderer in the graph, when the user is pressing a key! Then it would be possible to change the audiorenderer in Windows 7, without external programs like VistaAudioChanger! So from 1st time it's impossible to approach! When I'm stopping the graph in GraphStudio I...
AW: Accessing IGraphBuilder So my plugin is to change the audiorenderer in the graph, when the user is pressing a key! Then it...
I want to write a plugin, that is editing the graph... But I noticed, that there is no possibilty in MP to access to the running...
Replies
Views
That's great news. :D A big thank you to Frodo, it saves me having to compile my own version every time there is a new release.
That's great news. :D A big thank you to Frodo, it saves me having to compile my own version every time there is a new release.
Hi, I have a Sweetspot Capture Card http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot/ which I use to get RGBs into my PC . I would like to be...
Replies
Views
Bussiebaer, I know 4theRecord, but I don't like the idea of having an alternative TVPlugin. I would prefer that the features were part of of the official TVPlugin. romadd64
Bussiebaer, I know 4theRecord, but I don't like the idea of having an alternative TVPlugin. I would prefer that the features were...
Mediaportal has access control (PINCode based) for movies and music. Especially if you have a multiseat setup, I think that...
Replies
Views
i have just pushed the branch to the repo. added now also a config setting to the Music -> Playlist.
i have just pushed the branch to the repo. added now also a config setting to the Music -> Playlist.
Started on: 2021-03-23 last update: 2021-03-23 Summary: The display of playlists takes long Area: Music Description: To randomly...
Replies
Views
A
Is anyone having trouble with video/ audio synch on ac3? I find the audio starts to delay progressively and lose synch. I am using the mpeg2dec filter and the mpeg/ac3/dts/pcm audio filter. i have a P4 3.2 Shuttle with Radeon 9550 video card. I am outputting to SPDIF. It seems to be ok if not using ac3 pid. I use the same...
Is anyone having trouble with video/ audio synch on ac3? I find the audio starts to delay progressively and lose synch. I am using...
Just want to let the developers know that the feature set for the next release looks awesome and of the "maybe' features the one i...
Replies
Views
mountainman
M
A
See, that's my point! I want to force DD encoding for mp3 using AC3Filter. And that's totally possible, if you build a normal graph AC3Filter is used with mp3, but I have not get this to happen in MP without the xml -file fix. so: avi + mp3 --> ac3filter dd encoding --> spdif out --> amplifier DD sound avi + dd/dts -->...
See, that's my point! I want to force DD encoding for mp3 using AC3Filter. And that's totally possible, if you build a normal graph...
Area: Media Portal Program MP Version: 0.1.1.1 Skin: MCE CPU Type: AMD 2000+ Memory: 256Mb 300Mhz Single Channel Motherboard...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AC3 and DVB DE
Hi all, would like to have possibility of chosing an AC3 stream from a DVB mux. Now MP (at least for DVB-T) only uses the MPEG audio pin from the demuxer. Scanning and finding the AC3 stream is no problem, I have tested by adding just a few lines of code. Adding a AC3 pin type pin to the demuxer I don't know where to do in MP...
Hi all, would like to have possibility of chosing an AC3 stream from a DVB mux. Now MP (at least for DVB-T) only uses the MPEG...
Hi all, would like to have possibility of chosing an AC3 stream from a DVB mux. Now MP (at least for DVB-T) only uses the MPEG...
Replies
Views
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
thanks frodo. tomtom: oooh, that was exactly the simile I was looking for :P
hi devs... last night I posted in graphics & skins about the(according to me) wrong use of the scrollable menu. but I there got...
Replies
Views
I'm running a multiseat system. If I connect to a running stream, the playback is started from current time which is fine. Would it be possible to add the feature to use the existing buffer and the possibility to rewind further back than this 'current time'?
I'm running a multiseat system. If I connect to a running stream, the playback is started from current time which is fine. Would it...
I'm running a multiseat system. If I connect to a running stream, the playback is started from current time which is fine. Would it...
Replies
Views
Yes, but you cannot specify separate audio renderer for TV and separate for radio.
Yes, but you cannot specify separate audio renderer for TV and separate for radio.
It would be cool if we could specify different sound output device for TV and radio. So TV would be playing on my TV, but radio...
Replies
Views
Hi It would be great if mediaportal had the ability to skew images to add perspective, this would make for some pretty sexy skins/cover flow effects. If it was implemented you could have the follow additional controls for images Skew side: [left/right] Skew top percentage: [numerical] Skew bottom percentage...
Hi It would be great if mediaportal had the ability to skew images to add perspective, this would make for some pretty sexy...
Hi It would be great if mediaportal had the ability to skew images to add perspective, this would make for some pretty sexy...
Replies
Views
This is something I would like to see as well. To be more precise: 1. Pictures seem to be automatically reduced to fit the screen, but (sometimes) get distorted if the picture's aspect ratio does not match the screen's. (This doesn't always happen, but I don't find any rhyme or reason to it.) I would like an option to respect the...
This is something I would like to see as well. To be more precise: 1. Pictures seem to be automatically reduced to fit the screen...
Hello. Due to big LCD/Plasma TV Screens with high resolutions lots of pictures are too tiny on the screen. If I look at a single...
Replies
Views
You can do that, but I see what he's saying and I do think it would be better if it worked his way.
You can do that, but I see what he's saying and I do think it would be better if it worked his way.
I would like the ability to select all drives in My Video/Music when I go one directory up - not just CD/DVD drives. Because...
Replies
Views
Like a "free text search". Is this possible? Nice if you plan to rent a movie or go to the cinema... or when somthing turns up on the TV (search EPG-result in IMDB?). Poor language, I know... but bear with me, and I think you know where I'm heading. Thanks
Like a "free text search". Is this possible? Nice if you plan to rent a movie or go to the cinema... or when somthing turns up on...
Like a "free text search". Is this possible? Nice if you plan to rent a movie or go to the cinema... or when somthing turns up on...
Replies
Views
I think an exellent feature to ad to MediaPortal would be the ablity to read edit dscision lists created by comskip, similar to the way MPlayer does. This would mean that to watch recorded TV sans ads would not require creating a new file (hence taking up less hard drive space) and saves a lot of time also.
I think an exellent feature to ad to MediaPortal would be the ablity to read edit dscision lists created by comskip, similar to the...
I think an exellent feature to ad to MediaPortal would be the ablity to read edit dscision lists created by comskip, similar to the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom