Improvement Suggestions (71 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Hm, I'm wondering if I saw these option on an old Mediaportal version, but is it possible to configure the menu by my own (so I can make an entry calles "My Movies" and put in there "My DVD", "My Videos" and "My Video Editor" for example)? At the moment I'm running MR 2.1 SVN 11.12.06
Hm, I'm wondering if I saw these option on an old Mediaportal version, but is it possible to configure the menu by my own (so I can...
Hm, I'm wondering if I saw these option on an old Mediaportal version, but is it possible to configure the menu by my own (so I can...
Replies
Views
time compensatipon should be added in tvguide.lst file: if i have 2 or more xmltv files and all of them must have a different time corrections, than i have a problem. the problem can be solved when time compensation is inside the tvguide.lst file, maybe like that: 1.xml +0100 2.xml -0300 3.xml -0000 4.xml +0130 ...
time compensatipon should be added in tvguide.lst file: if i have 2 or more xmltv files and all of them must have a different time...
time compensatipon should be added in tvguide.lst file: if i have 2 or more xmltv files and all of them must have a different time...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2008-04-14 last update: 2008-04-14 priority: low / nice to have Summary: The horizontal scroll speed depends on the lenght of the line (and the font size). Description: The width of the description boxes is often very different. The scroll speed regard to the widht of the box. Speed up on wide and speed...
Started on: 2008-04-14 last update: 2008-04-14 priority: low / nice to have Summary: The horizontal scroll speed depends on...
Started on: 2008-04-14 last update: 2008-04-14 priority: low / nice to have Summary: The horizontal scroll speed depends on...
Replies
Views
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks English, which surprisingly they normally do!). What I "don't like" is that I can't add to the languages xml easily. What I have done previously is to put the strings into my own XML config so at least...
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks...
Now I like the idea of using messages to allow for other languages. (Although I am English and by definition think everyone speaks...
Replies
Views
Hi All ! in the BURNER plugin (which is not part of Mediaportal) i feel like a simple feature is missing : being able to burn a folder. if i want to burn a simple file (moovie for ex.) then it is ok. but if i want to burn a complete folder (pictures for example) then it is impossible ! i have to select files one by one ...
Hi All ! in the BURNER plugin (which is not part of Mediaportal) i feel like a simple feature is missing : being able to burn a...
Hi All ! in the BURNER plugin (which is not part of Mediaportal) i feel like a simple feature is missing : being able to burn a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 USALS for 1.7 DE
Hi, Great Work. Been itching to test this on my satellite. Can someone post a patch for 1.7 to use USALS. If that is too difficult, can someone clarify what version of the older Mediaportal I should use with the latest USALS patch and what the latest version is> Thanks v/r Mike
Hi, Great Work. Been itching to test this on my satellite. Can someone post a patch for 1.7 to use USALS. If that is too...
Hi, Great Work. Been itching to test this on my satellite. Can someone post a patch for 1.7 to use USALS. If that is too...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2009-08-15 last update: 2009-08-15 Summary: A relatively simply idea I think for the Music module within Mediaportal, opening it up for 'greater things' Area: MyMusic Description: Simply put, a complete replacement of the MyMusic module to that of MyAudio. Here's my idea. - The whole thing to be database...
Started on: 2009-08-15 last update: 2009-08-15 Summary: A relatively simply idea I think for the Music module within...
Started on: 2009-08-15 last update: 2009-08-15 Summary: A relatively simply idea I think for the Music module within...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 QAM support half working (1 Viewer) DE
I am using a avermedia a180 to pick up QAM channels in media portal. It seems to work ok besides that it picks up the QAM versions of my local channels as ATSC. Here is some output. 10/16/2007 10:26:53 AM 12 Controller: find free card for channel KLSR-HD 10/16/2007 10:26:53 AM 12 Controller: got 2 tuning details for KLSR-HD...
I am using a avermedia a180 to pick up QAM channels in media portal. It seems to work ok besides that it picks up the QAM versions...
I am using a avermedia a180 to pick up QAM channels in media portal. It seems to work ok besides that it picks up the QAM versions...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A gaming feature DE
I use Daemon Tools to mount game.img but you can´t mount more than 4 isos. One is always reserved for MP and that gave me an idea. I would like a feature were I could "add" game sot a list. From that list I just point to a specific location om my HDD. When I want to play a specific game from my list MP mounts the is in a similar way...
I use Daemon Tools to mount game.img but you can´t mount more than 4 isos. One is always reserved for MP and that gave me an idea...
I use Daemon Tools to mount game.img but you can´t mount more than 4 isos. One is always reserved for MP and that gave me an idea...
Replies
Views
Chinese Title support
Chinese Title support
Chinese Title support
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CD cddb DE
I would be very happy when you could create the next scenario: User puts in a cd. MP automaticly (silent) gets album and tracknames from CDDB and an album image from amazon or other sources. Cd is started and te tracknames and image are being used.
I would be very happy when you could create the next scenario: User puts in a cd. MP automaticly (silent) gets album and...
I would be very happy when you could create the next scenario: User puts in a cd. MP automaticly (silent) gets album and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, it is possible to give the TV-Server DLNA Support to stream TV to a DLNA enabled TV? Mayby only the ongoing tv-stream from another real MP Client. Best regards Alex
Hi all, it is possible to give the TV-Server DLNA Support to stream TV to a DLNA enabled TV? Mayby only the ongoing tv-stream...
Hi all, it is possible to give the TV-Server DLNA Support to stream TV to a DLNA enabled TV? Mayby only the ongoing tv-stream...
Replies
Views
I am using TVServer 0.3. I'd like to be able to get the context menu on any entry in the guide and have 'view upcoming episodes' available in the list. As it stands right now, you have to be viewing that channel actively to see this in the menu. Is this something inside of MP or should I ask the skin developers? I just double...
I am using TVServer 0.3. I'd like to be able to get the context menu on any entry in the guide and have 'view upcoming episodes'...
I am using TVServer 0.3. I'd like to be able to get the context menu on any entry in the guide and have 'view upcoming episodes'...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2011-10-15 last update: 2011-10-15 Summary: Allow the user to choose which instance/day in the Upcoming Episodes screen the Record Weekly option applies to. Area: TV Description: When in the Upcoming Episodes screen for a programme that shows the various instances of that programme over the next week, it's not...
Started on: 2011-10-15 last update: 2011-10-15 Summary: Allow the user to choose which instance/day in the Upcoming Episodes...
Started on: 2011-10-15 last update: 2011-10-15 Summary: Allow the user to choose which instance/day in the Upcoming Episodes...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skin/Theme changer DE
Option to change theme/skin from within MP
Replies
Views
Hi! I always thought this would be kinda kool I know it really isn't useful though but remember in Tivo/other Dvr's where when You paused/fast forward a movie/show and it showed thetitle in the long box up top? sorry if it wounds kinda lame :(
Hi! I always thought this would be kinda kool I know it really isn't useful though but remember in Tivo/other Dvr's where when You...
Hi! I always thought this would be kinda kool I know it really isn't useful though but remember in Tivo/other Dvr's where when You...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had this problem occur twice and the first time it had me really confused. I have a separate HDD for recording and twice in the past month it has been filled to capacity. When this happens, and a further recording is scheduled and MP is started up a box appears saying "Connection to TV Server Lost". This had me checking...
Hi, I have had this problem occur twice and the first time it had me really confused. I have a separate HDD for recording and...
Hi, I have had this problem occur twice and the first time it had me really confused. I have a separate HDD for recording and...
Replies
Views
Hi, it would be really useful to have the program description on the search page if viewing program title otherwise you can't always tell what your recording until you add it and view through the scheduled recording screen. (yes I know you can search by description!) What I mean is where the title is repeated at the top of the...
Hi, it would be really useful to have the program description on the search page if viewing program title otherwise you can't...
Hi, it would be really useful to have the program description on the search page if viewing program title otherwise you can't...
Replies
Views
I know you can lookup MyVideos info via IMDB, however for files that are personal video's and won't have any info to retrieve, could it be possible for the video info pane to display the content of a simple text or XML file that contains a short description. This could be named identically to the video file in the same way video...
I know you can lookup MyVideos info via IMDB, however for files that are personal video's and won't have any info to retrieve...
I know you can lookup MyVideos info via IMDB, however for files that are personal video's and won't have any info to retrieve...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [EPG] enhanced dvb epg DE
I'm testing mp for a while now and it's great. But there is one thing that's really worth improving - the epg. I am using dvb epg because other epg forms are too static when channels change their program spontaneously or they are simply late in their schedule. (which they do/are quite often) Is there a way to recheck the epg...
I'm testing mp for a while now and it's great. But there is one thing that's really worth improving - the epg. I am using dvb epg...
I'm testing mp for a while now and it's great. But there is one thing that's really worth improving - the epg. I am using dvb epg...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, will there be any support for the older WinTV PVR from Hauppauge in the near future? Thanks, Hendrik
Hello, will there be any support for the older WinTV PVR from Hauppauge in the near future? Thanks, Hendrik
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Option to set reminders on selcted programs in the Program Guide Regards
Replies
Views
As most of you are aware you can get the alternative tv-tuner drivers called Btwincap http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ and the opensource based K!TV http://www.kastortv.org/ Both of them have reportedly been compiled for WinXP x64. I have yet to get my hands on the precompiled version of Btwincap but K!TV can be found on...
As most of you are aware you can get the alternative tv-tuner drivers called Btwincap http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ and the...
As most of you are aware you can get the alternative tv-tuner drivers called Btwincap http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a request that is to remove the "track :" and "year :" from : #Play.Next.Year #Play.Next.Track and from : #Play.Current.Track #Play.Current.Year IHMO these should only contains the track number and year of the track. I ask this because I want to be able to get these values and display them with JoeDalton...
Hi, I have a request that is to remove the "track :" and "year :" from : #Play.Next.Year #Play.Next.Track and from ...
Hi, I have a request that is to remove the "track :" and "year :" from : #Play.Next.Year #Play.Next.Track and from ...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be accessed by pressing Ctrl+L on the keyboard. It has no way of being activated by remote. The current workaround for this is to use an external program such as IRSS to detect a remote keypress and map it to the...
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be...
Started on: 2013-06-07 Last update: 2013-06-07 The MyMenu plugin is very useful, but its major flaw is that it can only be...
Replies
Views
A
I often set up MediaPortal to record my favourite series (as most people do) and when I look at the list of recordings I see all the same titles eg Simpsons but don't know which episode they are. When I scroll down the list I see the title duplicated on the top of the screen (which provides no additional information than what I can...
I often set up MediaPortal to record my favourite series (as most people do) and when I look at the list of recordings I see all...
I often set up MediaPortal to record my favourite series (as most people do) and when I look at the list of recordings I see all...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I just finished installing MediaPortal 1.0.2 for the third time after a mix of inconvenient events which in a way have been good, because if I didn't just so happen to have to format due to a corrupt OS, I would have given up on MP for another media center a while ago. But since I managed to get it working in the end and MediaPortal...
I just finished installing MediaPortal 1.0.2 for the third time after a mix of inconvenient events which in a way have been good...
I just finished installing MediaPortal 1.0.2 for the third time after a mix of inconvenient events which in a way have been good...
Replies
Views
In MP there's an option which allows you to set the amount of time after the channel is changed when browsing with the channel+ and channel- buttons. I'd like to have the opportunity to say: Only change channels when pressing "OK" while browsing. Or do not change channels at all while browsing with the ch+/ch- buttons. And to...
In MP there's an option which allows you to set the amount of time after the channel is changed when browsing with the channel+ and...
In MP there's an option which allows you to set the amount of time after the channel is changed when browsing with the channel+ and...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: 2012-12-09 Summary: Would like the ability to lock certain recordings with a pin code Area: Recorded TV Description:Having children who access the record TV section of MP, I'd like to be able to lock out my recordings with a pin in the same way I can do it with the Videos section of MP. Perhaps...
Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: 2012-12-09 Summary: Would like the ability to lock certain recordings with a pin code Area...
Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: 2012-12-09 Summary: Would like the ability to lock certain recordings with a pin code Area...
Replies
Views
Would it be possible to add a context menu to the Top Album Tracks and Best Tracks for Tag in the Now Playing Screen. Something similar to Global Search Menu 1 Play Now 2 Play Next 3 Queue Item 4 Queue All Item 5 Add This Album To Playlist 6 Add To Favorites Even just the Play Now and Play next would be great. Right now, clicking...
Would it be possible to add a context menu to the Top Album Tracks and Best Tracks for Tag in the Now Playing Screen. Something...
Would it be possible to add a context menu to the Top Album Tracks and Best Tracks for Tag in the Now Playing Screen. Something...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom