Improvement Suggestions (22 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: It would be great if MediaPortal could treat Shortcuts to Folders as links and display them in folder browse windows. This would enable you to organise all your shortcuts in your My Videos Folder with local sub folders & shortcuts to folders located anywhere on your LAN...
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: It would be great if MediaPortal could treat Shortcuts to Folders as...
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: It would be great if MediaPortal could treat Shortcuts to Folders as...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to integrate different skip steps for FWD and RWD? For example: Forward skip step is 30s and backward is 15s. And it would be nice to have a customized skip step while in timeshift (pause). For example while in timeshift all skips are only 1s.
Is it possible to integrate different skip steps for FWD and RWD? For example: Forward skip step is 30s and backward is 15s...
Is it possible to integrate different skip steps for FWD and RWD? For example: Forward skip step is 30s and backward is 15s...
Replies
Views
M
when I stop recorded TV show it always gets lost focus on the last used recording....a little annoying to get focus back :thx: for deliberating
when I stop recorded TV show it always gets lost focus on the last used recording....a little annoying to get focus back :thx: for...
when I stop recorded TV show it always gets lost focus on the last used recording....a little annoying to get focus back :thx: for...
Replies
Views
maysider2
M
P
Hi, i will use the EPG search function of MP very often. When i find some movies with the search i would like to have the possibility to start recording these movies. However at the moment there is no option for this on the search Screen .... did i miss something ??? I am using 1.0.4.0 since 1.0.5.1 does not work for me...
Hi, i will use the EPG search function of MP very often. When i find some movies with the search i would like to have the...
Hi, i will use the EPG search function of MP very often. When i find some movies with the search i would like to have the...
Replies
Views
P
A
While thinking about the support for 2 monitors something crossed my mind. Refering to ATI 9x00 cards using Hydravision utilty to set up clone display in theatre mode providing the full video overlay in the primary display it crossed my mind that if the stream comming from the tunner card when on LiveTV didn't shutdown when coming...
While thinking about the support for 2 monitors something crossed my mind. Refering to ATI 9x00 cards using Hydravision utilty to...
While thinking about the support for 2 monitors something crossed my mind. Refering to ATI 9x00 cards using Hydravision utilty to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: Record to multiple locations depending on available HDD space Area: MY TV/TV Server Description: It would be great if you could set up multiple Recorded TV locations; so if you are scheduled to record a 2 hour show and the 1st recorded TV Folder (HDD) has only 4GB...
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: Record to multiple locations depending on available HDD space Area...
Started on: 2007-02-27 last update: 2007-02-27 Summary: Record to multiple locations depending on available HDD space Area...
Replies
Views
When in the 'My Movies' I have noticed if you are using the "Large Icons" view, lets say and your screen fits 6 across. If you have an odd number of movies and are scrolling down on the right hand side, it will come to the end and skip back to the top. However, if you have an odd number of movies they may only go across 1 or 2 on...
When in the 'My Movies' I have noticed if you are using the "Large Icons" view, lets say and your screen fits 6 across. If you...
When in the 'My Movies' I have noticed if you are using the "Large Icons" view, lets say and your screen fits 6 across. If you...
Replies
Views
First let me say a real BIG UP to all MP developers. I would love for the functionality to be able to enable my personal ID video before my movies/dvds start.....that would really get the boys going. I believe you guys can do anything and know its only a matter of time if its possible......and if the functionality is there already...
First let me say a real BIG UP to all MP developers. I would love for the functionality to be able to enable my personal ID video...
First let me say a real BIG UP to all MP developers. I would love for the functionality to be able to enable my personal ID video...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2009-02-05 last update: 2009-02-05 Summary: Add an option to record a show always on selected channel if the same EPG description can't be found on previously recorded shows. Description: As some of you know, at least on the past record always-option didn't perform logically when specific time was selected (weekly...
Started on: 2009-02-05 last update: 2009-02-05 Summary: Add an option to record a show always on selected channel if the same EPG...
Started on: 2009-02-05 last update: 2009-02-05 Summary: Add an option to record a show always on selected channel if the same EPG...
Replies
Views
I like to use the "Shares" view when browsing my movies, as it's nice and easy to get into and doesn't require any database matching. However, I will often use the imdb look-up facility to get thumbnails, etc. It would be nice to have an option so that the "file name" displayed in this view could be substituted with the name of the...
I like to use the "Shares" view when browsing my movies, as it's nice and easy to get into and doesn't require any database...
I like to use the "Shares" view when browsing my movies, as it's nice and easy to get into and doesn't require any database...
Replies
Views
At the moment a manual recording is fairly tough to schedule (at least in my opinion). The first few screens, up to where you set the date is fine (though perhaps a few friendly name overrides would be nice on the date screen. e.g. replace today's date with the word Today and tomorrow's date with Tomorrow, this is not a big deal...
At the moment a manual recording is fairly tough to schedule (at least in my opinion). The first few screens, up to where you set...
At the moment a manual recording is fairly tough to schedule (at least in my opinion). The first few screens, up to where you set...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-09-26 last update: ... Summary: Blank the live feed whilst the channel is changing Description: Would it be possible to blank the screen when the channel is changing? The second or so it takes to change the channel the feed would look much nicer if it were just a black screen, I see either a stuck frame from the...
Started on: 2007-09-26 last update: ... Summary: Blank the live feed whilst the channel is changing Description: Would it be...
Started on: 2007-09-26 last update: ... Summary: Blank the live feed whilst the channel is changing Description: Would it be...
Replies
Views
If you have configured MP to automatically start TV when entering TV, it will also do this when pressing "Recorded TV" (if you have a MCE remote) from the home screen. I would like it to be like this: -When starting MP for the first time and then select "Recorded TV" - don't start TV. -If you already started TV (or anthing else)...
If you have configured MP to automatically start TV when entering TV, it will also do this when pressing "Recorded TV" (if you have...
If you have configured MP to automatically start TV when entering TV, it will also do this when pressing "Recorded TV" (if you have...
Replies
Views
When TV channels are being recorded, only certain channels can then be 'viewed'. Selecting un-watchable channels via the main EPG bring up a warning to the effect of ‘No TV tuner card free’ The mini EPG displays a small green or red icon (far right-hand-side) corresponding to channels that are viewable (or not) when other TV...
When TV channels are being recorded, only certain channels can then be 'viewed'. Selecting un-watchable channels via the main EPG...
When TV channels are being recorded, only certain channels can then be 'viewed'. Selecting un-watchable channels via the main EPG...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Diseqc Setup Editor DE
Diseqc Setup Editor I realy like a Diseqc Editor, in wher you can setup the diseqc parameters some thing like this, and i like it to suport up to 10 lnb ( yes ther is some that got a 10/1 diseqc)
Diseqc Setup Editor I realy like a Diseqc Editor, in wher you can setup the diseqc parameters some thing like this, and i like it...
Diseqc Setup Editor I realy like a Diseqc Editor, in wher you can setup the diseqc parameters some thing like this, and i like it...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 PC health DE
Is it posible to make a plugin to see youre PC health???
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
P
hi, the title says it all. The human eye can read faster from left to right. At the moment if i change scroll speed in settings than both scroll speeds are ajusted the same
hi, the title says it all. The human eye can read faster from left to right. At the moment if i change scroll speed in settings...
hi, the title says it all. The human eye can read faster from left to right. At the moment if i change scroll speed in settings...
Replies
Views
P
It would be great to have a streaming video function in MyWeather, to be able to view web-tv weather forecasts from the weather interface.
It would be great to have a streaming video function in MyWeather, to be able to view web-tv weather forecasts from the weather...
It would be great to have a streaming video function in MyWeather, to be able to view web-tv weather forecasts from the weather...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Album Art request DE
It would be great if the filename for the album covers could be defined by the user. For example, set media portal to "recognize"covers as cover.jpg instead.
It would be great if the filename for the album covers could be defined by the user. For example, set media portal to...
It would be great if the filename for the album covers could be defined by the user. For example, set media portal to...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2010-06-20 last update: Summary: Change the behaviour of the TV Server Configuration / Recording / Folders tab "same recording folder for all cards" setting to update the default directory for all cards present and new cards installed in the future. Area: TV Server Configuration...
Started on: 2010-06-20 last update: Summary: Change the behaviour of the TV Server Configuration / Recording /...
Started on: 2010-06-20 last update: Summary: Change the behaviour of the TV Server Configuration / Recording /...
Replies
Views
1) it would be better to have webepg plugin as a separate program for using it in a batch files. So we becomme more posibility for atomatization. 2) webepg must have a funktion for automatical change sommer/winter time and posibility to set up time zone in xmltv file manually. 3) and i need to give filename for output file by...
1) it would be better to have webepg plugin as a separate program for using it in a batch files. So we becomme more posibility for...
1) it would be better to have webepg plugin as a separate program for using it in a batch files. So we becomme more posibility for...
Replies
Views
Why not a codec setting for Mpg-4 (Divx,Xvid)? Also for standard settings I think could be usefully for newbie user.
Why not a codec setting for Mpg-4 (Divx,Xvid)? Also for standard settings I think could be usefully for newbie user.
Replies
Views
Started on: 2013-06-19 last update: 2013-06-19 Summary: Should it be possible to add a tooltip in the channel list showing the tuning details of a channel? Area: TVSetup - Channel List Description: This request comes from a problem I had to deal with a few days ago. While srting my TV chanels, I created a group related to my...
Started on: 2013-06-19 last update: 2013-06-19 Summary: Should it be possible to add a tooltip in the channel list showing the...
Started on: 2013-06-19 last update: 2013-06-19 Summary: Should it be possible to add a tooltip in the channel list showing the...
Replies
Views
Hi This is something that has been bubbling in the back of my mind for a little while now. Would MP benefit from having a series remind function (an extension to the current reminder system) that is stored on the TVServer (like a schedule) that is also attached to a hostname; i.e. I have two clients, A and B. Client A sets a series...
Hi This is something that has been bubbling in the back of my mind for a little while now. Would MP benefit from having a series...
Hi This is something that has been bubbling in the back of my mind for a little while now. Would MP benefit from having a series...
Replies
Views
I don't like to see those visualizations used from wmp. In myMusic you can turn them off by using the DirectShow audio renderer. But in MyRadio (with streams) I didn't find a way to turn the vis off. Please insert a button in myMusic and myRadio to turn the vis off.
I don't like to see those visualizations used from wmp. In myMusic you can turn them off by using the DirectShow audio renderer...
I don't like to see those visualizations used from wmp. In myMusic you can turn them off by using the DirectShow audio renderer...
Replies
Views
When going through the EPG it is possible to find info on the the TV programs with the context (i) button and selecting IMDB. This is a great feature, especially since the MS EPG (using mc2xml) is very limited. But, when selecting TV programs through the search function, which I usually do to find stuff interesting enough to...
When going through the EPG it is possible to find info on the the TV programs with the context (i) button and selecting IMDB. This...
When going through the EPG it is possible to find info on the the TV programs with the context (i) button and selecting IMDB. This...
Replies
Views
Someone said once it would be nice to havea trailer to watch streamed from apple. I like this idea, but to simplify it some, maybe you can do this. make just a trailer button, and search thru new and old trailers. then offer a way to mark which trailer is a movie you own, thus creating a catalog at the same time. Now id suggest a...
Someone said once it would be nice to havea trailer to watch streamed from apple. I like this idea, but to simplify it some, maybe...
Someone said once it would be nice to havea trailer to watch streamed from apple. I like this idea, but to simplify it some, maybe...
Replies
Views
Hello Actually, if you want to see a TV stream, you have to make its setup in "My Radio" chapter Do you think it would be a better and logical idea to have this (new) possibility in "My videos" chapter ? Thanks and best regards from France
Hello Actually, if you want to see a TV stream, you have to make its setup in "My Radio" chapter Do you think it would be a...
Hello Actually, if you want to see a TV stream, you have to make its setup in "My Radio" chapter Do you think it would be a...
Replies
Views
XMLTV has the ability to associate channel icons with a specific channel. Currently TVe3 doesnt use this information, but rather each MP client needs to have the icons placed locally. Suggestion: Add a field to dbo.Channels of ChannelIcon and populate this from the XMLTV file when processed with the image location (either...
XMLTV has the ability to associate channel icons with a specific channel. Currently TVe3 doesnt use this information, but rather...
XMLTV has the ability to associate channel icons with a specific channel. Currently TVe3 doesnt use this information, but rather...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TvuPlayer... DE
Hi there. I was just wondering if someone with knowledge could create plugin for TvuPlayer or similar like TvAnts etc.... Or is this Illegal subject, if so, then i'm sorry..... regards, te3hpurp
Hi there. I was just wondering if someone with knowledge could create plugin for TvuPlayer or similar like TvAnts etc.... Or...
Hi there. I was just wondering if someone with knowledge could create plugin for TvuPlayer or similar like TvAnts etc.... Or...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom