Improvement Suggestions (47 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
MP1 MP2 A fiew request DE
For your actual requests, most of these are already included if you have an MCE mouse. For example, the green button will always take you to the home screen, there is a Back button. I'm pretty sure the play button wokrs as a play button when fast forwarding in the latest MP releases. For number 2, Do you mean to speed up the...
For your actual requests, most of these are already included if you have an MCE mouse. For example, the green button will always...
1. when you listen a video, when you fastforward, change the pause button for a play button 2. when you are looking for picture...
Replies
Views
Here comes Scope again with an annoying post ;) 1. When pressing Y while watching fullscreen TV, you get information on what program is on right no on the current channel in SMALL BLUE text, the next program is shown in LARGE WHITE text. Would be much better if the current program is shown in large white and the next program in...
Here comes Scope again with an annoying post ;) 1. When pressing Y while watching fullscreen TV, you get information on what...
Here comes Scope again with an annoying post ;) 1. When pressing Y while watching fullscreen TV, you get information on what...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A few ideas DE
That's exactly right mbuzina. I meant a feature that would show the picture that you see on the home-screen and such, in external programs like CDisplay, and whatever other programs I use, even when I minimize MP and start working. Much like an "always on top" thing, but just for the currently playing media, and shows when MediaPortal...
That's exactly right mbuzina. I meant a feature that would show the picture that you see on the home-screen and such, in external...
Been using MP a LOT lately, and loving every minute of it. There are some things I'd love to see added, to make this a true...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 a couple things DE
It's true, I don't read much of the documentation. I am lazy and things should be self-evident. In this perspective, if I may, I'll contribute some thoughts. Sorry if some of this has already been discussed. I think that as a general rule the menus should be limited to what is really necessary, or somehow aggregated to make the top...
It's true, I don't read much of the documentation. I am lazy and things should be self-evident. In this perspective, if I may, I'll...
It's true, I don't read much of the documentation. I am lazy and things should be self-evident. In this perspective, if I may, I'll...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Cheers chief that was just what I was looking for. Pinkus
Cheers chief that was just what I was looking for. Pinkus
Maybe its just me but whenever I'm watching Tv I never seem to have a clock near by and don't really want to have to exit out to...
Replies
Views
this looks terrific!! Very minimalistic, very high contrast. What is the largest font size you have seen used for the menus on this skin (if I decide to change the font sizes)? I want to get something large for those folks that are getting older, and have a hard time reading. Need something for a 60 year old great grandmother who...
this looks terrific!! Very minimalistic, very high contrast. What is the largest font size you have seen used for the menus on...
Someone should create a better skin that is readable from 20 feet away on a standard 20 inch television.
Replies
Views
i agree with him that more nav option need to be thougt about
i agree with him that more nav option need to be thougt about
To navigate perfectly in the menus of MP it is necessary to be able to perform the following actions go up go down go...
Replies
Views
This could be a good improvement, too. But I think rather that the different areas or plugins in MediaPortal could communicate better. For example, the plug-and Trakt.tv MpTVSeries. This should be linked to all relevant Breiche MediaPortal. - If I have selected in the EPG an episode of a series, it should be possible to have...
This could be a good improvement, too. But I think rather that the different areas or plugins in MediaPortal could communicate...
Started on: 2012-08-25 last update: Summary: a better integration of Plugins in Mediaportal Area: Mediaportal Gui and Plugins...
Replies
Views
My htpc acts as a server for my modded xbox upstairs. Would PowerScheduler &/or Windows standby allow the PC to wake up when the xbox tries to access the shares?
My htpc acts as a server for my modded xbox upstairs. Would PowerScheduler &/or Windows standby allow the PC to wake up when the...
Hi I’m very love to have and use a HTPC (with MP of cause) but I don’t like the power consumption if the system is on 24 hours a...
Replies
Views
Wow ! That's great to see how reactive you are ! I effectively noticed this delay at the load, but I thought it was the load time. That's also a good news if it fixed ! Thanks a lot
Wow ! That's great to see how reactive you are ! I effectively noticed this delay at the load, but I thought it was the load time...
Hello I'm using MediaPortal on a dedicated box connected to TV, and when I play music (with foobar plugin), I always see foobar...
Replies
Views
A
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the backspace key? the button could named "clear", ithink :)) greets Agree
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Ok, so my mail was moved to "Feature Requests" by someone, thats fine by me :wink: , but i thought that one of the things i was asking for, maybe was just a support issue :?: , and that´s why i was asking there..... :D I actually thought that i perhaps had done something wrong in setup, so the RSS reader stopped when reaching an...
Ok, so my mail was moved to "Feature Requests" by someone, thats fine by me :wink: , but i thought that one of the things i was...
Hi there.... I have a question/sugestion to the news plugin. 1. It seems like if the first of the RSS URL´s in the plugin...
Replies
Views
TV-Server Version: RC3 MediaPortal Version: RC3 MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 16:9 Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD x2 4850e 2.5 GHz 45w HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 2.5" Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz Dual-Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev 1.0) Video Card: Onboard AMD Radeon HD 3200 Video Card Driver...
TV-Server Version: RC3 MediaPortal Version: RC3 MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 16:9 Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD x2...
TV-Server Version: RC3 MediaPortal Version: RC3 MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 16:9 Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: AMD x2...
Replies
Views
Hi I just made a nother fresh installation, to go bughunting. The problem above is solved (thanks who ever did it /bow), but just in the Main SETUP. Now i have the same problem when starting MP for the first time and the first startup wizzard kicks in. best regardes Garion
Hi I just made a nother fresh installation, to go bughunting. The problem above is solved (thanks who ever did it /bow), but...
Hi I just made a completly new installation of mp with my tv allready hooked up to the computer. For readability reasons i had...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 713x (analog) DE
Hi, the features are on our internal roadmap, but as I don't know atm when I have time for it, it isn't in mantis already. There are some other modifications needed before this will be implemented. MisterD
Hi, the features are on our internal roadmap, but as I don't know atm when I have time for it, it isn't in mantis already. There...
Giving up set it up to work... ;-( My TV picture is still freezed on first (?) frame when previewing in setup and in MP itself...
Replies
Views
Attached is provided code to make it possible.
Attached is provided code to make it possible.
My config with 8 tuner cards : Settings with EPG grabbing when TS or record (doesn't work) : Settings for using a specific...
Replies
Views
That´s what I intended to say ;)
That´s what I intended to say ;)
When a music track is played and the skip backward button is pressed, MediaPortal plays the previous track from the playlist. It...
Replies
Views
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very stable and easily usable by the wife. Most quirks have been ironed out and I now feel knowledgeable enough to give constructive feedback to the team about suggested improvements. Don’t get me wrong, the...
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very...
I have used MP for 5 months, three of which involved a fairly high level of experimentation and learning. The HTPC is now very...
Replies
Views
(y) :coffee: Thanks @404, @ajs ! Job well done !
(y) :coffee: Thanks @404, @ajs ! Job well done !
Summary: Setting a reminder in the Program Guide automatically changes channel - choice defaulted to 'Yes'. Area: Tv and Radio...
Replies
Views
In the case of our US provider Dish Network they are using them for foreign TV services, US HDTV and 'others' such as college/university extention programs, etc. A lot of these, especially foreign TV services, are aleady in the first 1000 but maybe they are gradually migrating to 4 digits or something.
In the case of our US provider Dish Network they are using them for foreign TV services, US HDTV and 'others' such as...
Nothing big but a lot of peoples cable boxes have channels with 4 digits now. It would be nice if mp could change to those channels.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi, It would be enough to have an manual override on the systems determination of scramble/not scrambled. In that way, you could mark your pay-tv as not scrambled and then delete all scrambled. Eppo
Hi, It would be enough to have an manual override on the systems determination of scramble/not scrambled. In that way, you could...
Hi All, whats your thoughts on having a 3rd channel status in the tv3 setup dialog called viewable (for want of a better word)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [TV] 3D TV DE
Will MP ever support 3D TV? What sorta Specs you using my only worry is the video card GT 220 1 GB. Are you having to use one of those HDMI 1.4 cables as well for the TV and PC?/
Will MP ever support 3D TV? What sorta Specs you using my only worry is the video card GT 220 1 GB. Are you having to use one...
I think its still early days but has anyone looked into how we deal with 3D TV. In Australia we have just had a new channel added...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Videos] 3D support DE
Agree, maybe this is more simple to do for a developer? If you set the tv to side-by-side it works great but family en friends get a headache of the GUI, when switching back. Would be nice if there is some sort of solution for it.
Agree, maybe this is more simple to do for a developer? If you set the tv to side-by-side it works great but family en friends get...
Hi, It would be nice to have 3D side by side support build into Mediaportal, is this a something that will be implemented in Plex...
Replies
Views
Maybe click once for 30 mins, hit again for 1 hours, hit again for 2 hours and again for 3 or 4 hours (to cover longer movies). Or every time you click it, it adds an extra 30 mins up to 4 hours worth.
Maybe click once for 30 mins, hit again for 1 hours, hit again for 2 hours and again for 3 or 4 hours (to cover longer movies). Or...
How about a time recording capability? i.e. record for 30 mins/60 mins from now. I have a Dish PVR hardrive recorder, so don't use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 3 requests DE
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising if enabled in the os. (it really slows down the app if on) -option for smooth downsampling of icons/album art/thumbs/etc (example of this below) sorry, make that 4 requests. id also like to see...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
M
Not sure if this has been brought up previously... How about having 2 or more Media Portals working in tandem together. For example: #1 Media Portal in living room w/ dual tuners - records up to two shows at once to a network share #2 Media Portal in bedroom w/ dual tuners - also records up to two shows at once to the same...
Not sure if this has been brought up previously... How about having 2 or more Media Portals working in tandem together. For...
Not sure if this has been brought up previously... How about having 2 or more Media Portals working in tandem together. For...
Replies
Views
mrcourage
M
I agree that both ideas would great. As far as Diskspace left goes, a simple 40gig free of 200gii although you could always have a popup or something added to the rightclick menu that shows something like: approx: 1 hour at HD 2 hours at SD 4 hours at DivX/Mp4 Just my two cents worth...
I agree that both ideas would great. As far as Diskspace left goes, a simple 40gig free of 200gii although you could always have a...
1. Under "Recorded TV">"Keep Until" it would be nice to have an option to Keep recorded programs for "x number of days".(Rather...
Replies
Views
A
i looked same keymap. and therefore i asked. Mario, thanks, i will look how to add some extra to my skin
i looked same keymap. and therefore i asked. Mario, thanks, i will look how to add some extra to my skin
hey i put MP links to all my webpages;) it was such a pleasure but, i haven't found options and i think those might me like...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Well If you edit the xml files you can choose where to display what information. There is a small how-to on the wiki page of this plugin. That's what VFD-Displays are good for ;) E.g. LCDSmartie draws a nice bar showing CPU Usage. This is not MP running at 99% cpu but Windows / NTFS's io-system stalling.. I think it would be hard...
Well If you edit the xml files you can choose where to display what information. There is a small how-to on the wiki page of this...
I have 2 requests for plugins 1) A systeminfo plugin perhaps that will show cpu usage / mem info / disk space usage etc. Perhaps...
Replies
Views
The best way to do this is to simply use Power Scheduler, which is built in to the system. When you schedule the recording then leave the system at the "home" screen. After the recording has finished MP will shut down/Hibernate or whatever you specify. It can then turn on again to make the next recording (unless you choose shut...
The best way to do this is to simply use Power Scheduler, which is built in to the system. When you schedule the recording then...
there are 2 features i miss in mediportal. 1. the scheduled recording funtions like "once, once a week, every day" are very...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom