Improvement Suggestions (95 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I know which card I've setup already? Thanks!
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I...
I have 2 pvr250s and a pvr350 in my box. Would it be possible in the TV Capture setup to number the cards in the drop down so I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hi, I think that gif-images should also be supported for the thumbnailed view of music-folders. -alibert
Hi, I think that gif-images should also be supported for the thumbnailed view of music-folders. -alibert
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
yeah, there will be a nicer way streams r handled. there has been done 0 about it yet :)
yeah, there will be a nicer way streams r handled. there has been done 0 about it yet :)
a .strm browser - perhaps with small logos for each channel, whether radio or TV (stream) - and perhaps also a line in .strm to...
Replies
Views
A
If someone wanted to send me one of these remotes I would be more than happy to drop work on my plugin in order to get this working :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If someone wanted to send me one of these remotes I would be more than happy to drop work on my plugin in order to get this working...
It seems like this is the remote that is most used out there. ..and perhaps even more-so by the less tech inclined. It seems many...
Replies
Views
A
I'm using XBMC to stream video via XBMSP over the Internet. For me, SMB *would* work but it'd require setting up a VPN. And, as far as I know, VPNs aren't very traffic efficient, nor is SMB when compared to XBMSP (which doubled up could mean a lot as Internet speeds vary). I'm currently visiting the family over midsummer solstice...
I'm using XBMC to stream video via XBMSP over the Internet. For me, SMB *would* work but it'd require setting up a VPN. And, as far...
Any plans to support this In MediaPortal? (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/download_archive.htm)
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Chapters and Audio DE
this is nnot yet made yet. Only works on DVD for now
this is nnot yet made yet. Only works on DVD for now
Hi! I miss a possibility to choose the audio stream in a personal video. The next/previous chapter function I miss too. Ok in an...
Replies
Views
A
No problem about the reply. I have been extremely busy myself. I'm not usually on IRC. I tried to make the last chat, but I never got a time to be there. I PMd you with my IM information. You can IM me whenever you feel like it. Unfortunately, I'm just really busy lately with the job, and will continue to be busy until the end...
No problem about the reply. I have been extremely busy myself. I'm not usually on IRC. I tried to make the last chat, but I...
Just wondering if Media Portl supports external receivers or cable boxes. I have a PVR 250 but I dont' use the internal tuner; I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 emulator DE
my appologies ©¿© 0
my appologies ©¿© 0
i would like to see either the integration or support for external emulators such as RockNESX, ZSNES, Project64, and EPSXE. if...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
yep, that would be nice.
yep, that would be nice.
sometimes you don´t realize a blurred image on the small screen of the camera. so after transfering it and looking through the new...
Replies
Views
A
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds and back by a different number. (Typically to skip commercials on TV recordings I use skip fwd 15sec, skip back 5sec)
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds...
It seems the skip-forward and back keys skip by 10%. I would like a way to configure them to skip forward by a number of seconds...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Well, then I probably have to adjust the "Time [1..4] label" y-Positions and move them some pixels to the left and stretch them a bit in width. I will try this and post my result-screenshot tomorrow when I'm back home. -alibert
Well, then I probably have to adjust the "Time [1..4] label" y-Positions and move them some pixels to the left and stretch them a...
Hi, at the moment, my tv guide looks like this: As you can see, there is plenty of space wasted at the left side between...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I agree with you! On a party "everyone" HAS to hear this or that song next. It would be greate if you could do some more than just insert and delete. Keep up the good work!
I agree with you! On a party "everyone" HAS to hear this or that song next. It would be greate if you could do some more than...
there is no way (so far) to remove an individual item in a playlist. moving items up and down isnt possible yet either...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Play DVD images (1 Viewer) DE
it did work at one point, vever looked at it again.
it did work at one point, vever looked at it again.
would be cool for mediaportal to support playing DVD images (iso, bin/cue, etc.) like in XBMC. Off course including full...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, seems to work in revision 1205. Thanks a lot :) -alibert
Hi, seems to work in revision 1205. Thanks a lot :) -alibert
Diffcult to describe... When the text for an item is larger then the viewable area of the highlight-bar, the text automatically...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network. Therefore maybe a commandline interface like MPschedule.exe -'Date' -'Time' -'Duration' -'Filename' would be great. :) -alibert
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network...
Hi, I would like to schedule recordings from outside of MediaPortal, e.g. from an external app over the local network...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
nop
nop
Hi, it would be nice if there would be support for the TV output of the Hauppauge PVR 350 in a future version of MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 General suggestions DE
Bumping is a very bad habit. Users get warned if they start bumping threads for no further purpose. If they do not react, they have to be removed from the forums. "Bumps" get deleted here on the forums. I leave this one (and another one) for history reasons now.
Bumping is a very bad habit. Users get warned if they start bumping threads for no further purpose. If they do not react, they have...
As you can tell I really want Mediaportal to be the one! youv'e made an amazing start and it looks awsome. Some other...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyMusic Suggestions DE
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for films/video) Add to playlist button on UI (for remote/mouse users) Nice to have: Integrated player support for ASIO/KS Gapless playback Multizone audio support RD
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for...
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyTV suggestions DE
multiple capture cards are now supported frodo
multiple capture cards are now supported frodo
essential: Full support for external cable/sat tv reciever, with signal on svid or composite and the ability to change channels on...
Replies
Views
O.K. Last night I created a lot of subfolders, and I must admit thats what I should have done from the beginning 8) So everything is working fine and scans are only made of pictures in the folder you have opened not the subfolders. So, no need to implement a new feature for this. tomtom21000
O.K. Last night I created a lot of subfolders, and I must admit thats what I should have done from the beginning 8) So...
Yesterday I took 40 new photographs and transferred them to my hard disk. Of course they had no thumbs shown in media portal. so...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 3 requests DE
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising if enabled in the os. (it really slows down the app if on) -option for smooth downsampling of icons/album art/thumbs/etc (example of this below) sorry, make that 4 requests. id also like to see...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD (480x576 at 2Mbit/s) and VCD (352x288 at 1Mbit/s) (etc). One of this profiles is set to default. Now when we want to record a programm, we can choose one of these profiles to get the recording quality we...
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD...
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD...
Replies
Views
A
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
Hi, in the tv guide, when you select a program, it would be nice to have an option which directly switches to the channel. Of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 More mouse support DE
whats the difference in looking in the todo daily or on a forum daily? For you nothing For me it means I need to edit the post here everytime while frodo does it allready on CVS all the time. YOu can also do it everyday, then I will make it a sticky ok?
whats the difference in looking in the todo daily or on a forum daily? For you nothing For me it means I need to edit the post...
It is a post by Mr X in the poll thread and I think we should have this in the feature request area as well: tomtom21000
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Play asx Files DE
thx 8) bardelot
thx 8) bardelot
Would be nice if MediaPortal could play asx files. When I'm trying to play one it will crash.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Lyrics Plugin DE
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics Database. It,s a realy nice and great working Plugin. Play a Song and bump without doing anything the Lyrics of the Song where shown. On http://www.orangehairedboy.com/lyricsamp/ Is LyricsAMP a...
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics...
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles. Can you make them bigger? tomtom21000
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles...
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles...
Replies
Views
And what about the duplication of buttons (like the homepage of myhtpc :) ) ? That would allow us to program them with different behaviours. I mean that if I found an external player with redirection capabilities (I think Zoom Player is one of these) I could program the second button to play DVD to second display, keeping the first...
And what about the duplication of buttons (like the homepage of myhtpc :) ) ? That would allow us to program them with different...
My HTPC is connected to the Tv using the SVHS output of the primary display card, and to a projector with the Vga output of the...
Replies
Views
A
Hello How long we'll have to wait? :D Thanks
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Shoutcast recording DE
Shoucast playback support and recording support are 2 different things...but its just takes some hard work...and not a priority right now (TV recording is :)
Shoucast playback support and recording support are 2 different things...but its just takes some hard work...and not a priority...
Now we have shoutcast working(in .ASX files)...it would be awesome to be able to record the MP3 audio streams as we play them....as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom