Improvement Suggestions (55 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
I am wondering if we can get a box that lists all of the commands for all of the Mediaportal options? Then we can select each one and have the remote learn the command. Right now you have to go through all of them and its kind of a pain. I still haven't figured out what happens if you get one wrong... Do you just go back through...
I am wondering if we can get a box that lists all of the commands for all of the Mediaportal options? Then we can select each one...
I am wondering if we can get a box that lists all of the commands for all of the Mediaportal options? Then we can select each one...
Replies
Views
*I have been working on a skin for a while now, and while I do really like Media portals skinning engine overall there are a few issues that stand out. (Note:I have been working off of the daily CVS builds not the RC) 1. As far as I can tell setting the ondown, onup, and, onright options for a list, thumbnail, or film strip...
*I have been working on a skin for a while now, and while I do really like Media portals skinning engine overall there are a few...
*I have been working on a skin for a while now, and while I do really like Media portals skinning engine overall there are a few...
Replies
Views
It will be interesting to include this http://www.culturalianet.com for movie search, like IMDB, OFDB, etc...
It will be interesting to include this http://www.culturalianet.com for movie search, like IMDB, OFDB, etc...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Mediaportal users DE
It would be cool if from the menu I could select users for MP. For example, I select me and the watched status of tv shows etc only shows what I have done. If the kids use MP, they can select themselves and all the status could change. Could be used by a number of plugins etc.
It would be cool if from the menu I could select users for MP. For example, I select me and the watched status of tv shows etc only...
It would be cool if from the menu I could select users for MP. For example, I select me and the watched status of tv shows etc only...
Replies
Views
How it should look: Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: Summary: I use MP mainly for TV, and would appreciate if the TV Guide shows if I had recorded the show previously, and if I have deleted it, then why! Some other MP users have had the same idea MP 1.3.0 Beta - The Titan is coming! I don't have programming skills, so I hope...
How it should look: Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: Summary: I use MP mainly for TV, and would appreciate if the TV Guide...
How it should look: Started on: 2012-12-09 last update: Summary: I use MP mainly for TV, and would appreciate if the TV Guide...
Replies
Views
It is possible to autoplay movies (divx) from cd?
Replies
Views
I think this is my first post in this forum, so let me start of by saying how very impressed I am with what the team is doing. I finally have a movie library product doing what I have wanted for years. So to all of the developers and the community that pitches in...Great Job!!! I don't develop, and don't have any design skills...
I think this is my first post in this forum, so let me start of by saying how very impressed I am with what the team is doing. I...
I think this is my first post in this forum, so let me start of by saying how very impressed I am with what the team is doing. I...
Replies
Views
Would it be too difficult to implement "Scene" selection mode in the video player that uses thumbnails extracted every x amount of seconds throughout the movie? The PS3 has a similar function if anyone is familiar with it, and it is a terrific replacement for DVD chapters for all non-DVD formats that lack them. Here's how the PS3...
Would it be too difficult to implement "Scene" selection mode in the video player that uses thumbnails extracted every x amount of...
Would it be too difficult to implement "Scene" selection mode in the video player that uses thumbnails extracted every x amount of...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2014-2-1 last update: 2014-2-1 Summary: Dual recording with dual TV Tuner Cards/Runtime displayed with movies I want to start off by saying Mediaportal is awesome and I want to thank all of the developers for their hard continuous work they have done to keep this software running. Here is a list of some things that I...
Started on: 2014-2-1 last update: 2014-2-1 Summary: Dual recording with dual TV Tuner Cards/Runtime displayed with movies I want...
Started on: 2014-2-1 last update: 2014-2-1 Summary: Dual recording with dual TV Tuner Cards/Runtime displayed with movies I want...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Useability of MyTV DE
Hi. I've only been playing around with MediaPortal for a couple of days. My previous HTPC experience is pretty much exclusively with ShowShifter. If it wasn't for the TV module of Media Portal, I would switch to it without any hesitation. Apart from CPU usage, and slow response from time to time, the user interface is much...
Hi. I've only been playing around with MediaPortal for a couple of days. My previous HTPC experience is pretty much exclusively...
Hi. I've only been playing around with MediaPortal for a couple of days. My previous HTPC experience is pretty much exclusively...
Replies
Views
it's great to addon, support (functionnality) for launch an other application at boot of MePo : or just support an .bat Example : IRSS (or Imon) to lauch with MePo and with the next IRSS + Imon for support Dispplay and Rémote ! Azzuro
it's great to addon, support (functionnality) for launch an other application at boot of MePo : or just support an .bat...
it's great to addon, support (functionnality) for launch an other application at boot of MePo : or just support an .bat...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2011-11-15 last update: 2011-11-15 Summary: When selecting a channel from the EPG, display a pop-up/indicator to show that the command has been registered, and ignore any remote commands until after playback has started. Area: Interface / TV / EPG Description: It takes quite a few seconds from selecting a channel...
Started on: 2011-11-15 last update: 2011-11-15 Summary: When selecting a channel from the EPG, display a pop-up/indicator to...
Started on: 2011-11-15 last update: 2011-11-15 Summary: When selecting a channel from the EPG, display a pop-up/indicator to...
Replies
Views
Hi Maybe this feature is already implanted but I have not been able to find where I can enable it. Can MP put my PC into hibernate mode instead of shutting down my PC, when I press the red button??
Hi Maybe this feature is already implanted but I have not been able to find where I can enable it. Can MP put my PC into...
Hi Maybe this feature is already implanted but I have not been able to find where I can enable it. Can MP put my PC into...
Replies
Views
Auto Channel Name Finder! on Analog TV and a Auto Add Option so people dont have to skip or save. Like it auto adds in 1,2,3....
Auto Channel Name Finder! on Analog TV and a Auto Add Option so people dont have to skip or save. Like it auto adds in 1,2,3....
Replies
Views
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Keep multiple copies of logs, in individual sub-folders Area: Logging Description: It's not the content of the logs that I think could be improved, just the way they're made. What would really save me a lot of time is: a) several levels of logs each made in a...
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Keep multiple copies of logs, in individual sub-folders Area...
Started on: 15-11-2011 last update: 15-11-2011 Summary: Keep multiple copies of logs, in individual sub-folders Area...
Replies
Views
I am looking to create an emulated card, similiar to the Web radion card, that will allow TV server to re-broadcast a web stream. Since there is a great amount of Live web streams (MMS, RTSP etc ) it would be great to be able to tune these streams - by rebroadcasting them via th TV server. In addition some form of script - cs,cb...
I am looking to create an emulated card, similiar to the Web radion card, that will allow TV server to re-broadcast a web stream...
I am looking to create an emulated card, similiar to the Web radion card, that will allow TV server to re-broadcast a web stream...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-05-31 Summary: Is it possible to have this turned off if the "Resume from: ..." is below say 20 seconds? I like this feature most of the time, but when it asks every time if i want to start at .01 seconds, it becomes annoying. Area: My Videos Description: Add a feature in the media-portal setup to...
Started on: 2007-05-31 Summary: Is it possible to have this turned off if the "Resume from: ..." is below say 20 seconds? I...
Started on: 2007-05-31 Summary: Is it possible to have this turned off if the "Resume from: ..." is below say 20 seconds? I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Internet TV DE
would it be possible to integrate streaming files into the tv server, so that i can add them in the server configuration and they will be displayed as normal channels in mp itself?
would it be possible to integrate streaming files into the tv server, so that i can add them in the server configuration and they...
would it be possible to integrate streaming files into the tv server, so that i can add them in the server configuration and they...
Replies
Views
Hi, i have a question concerning the point at when recordings are added to the db. At the moment, recordings are only stored in the db when they are finished. So during a recording, you can not see it in recordings. Besides, as i can see from the sources, there is a background thread which scans the recordings and adds finished...
Hi, i have a question concerning the point at when recordings are added to the db. At the moment, recordings are only stored in...
Hi, i have a question concerning the point at when recordings are added to the db. At the moment, recordings are only stored in...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hey folks. Since I first used MP, I'm in love with it; It's like coming home to watch tv, photos, hear music and many many more functions in one piece of software. Summary: I do administrate all my music with MP and my car radio has an usb port so I often have to boot my PC, plug...
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hey folks. Since I first used MP, I'm in love with it; It's like coming home to...
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hey folks. Since I first used MP, I'm in love with it; It's like coming home to...
Replies
Views
Hi, when inserting a removeable media with for example some holiday pictures. The thumbnail genration is so awfully slow that you can have a break for 30-45 minutes for 700 pictures. I think the quality is pretty good but who cares for 100% quality in that case? The thumbnail generation in windows is a lot faster. Also it seems MP...
Hi, when inserting a removeable media with for example some holiday pictures. The thumbnail genration is so awfully slow that you...
Hi, when inserting a removeable media with for example some holiday pictures. The thumbnail genration is so awfully slow that you...
Replies
Views
Hello, When a channel is available in multiple cards, it would be nice if we could switch to another free card (For example because you have temporarily a poor reception, or internet connection is down ...) In my case, I have : 1 - DVB-IP card 2 - DVB-T card 3 - DVB-T card 4 - DVB-S card If I have a low speed internetsuddenly...
Hello, When a channel is available in multiple cards, it would be nice if we could switch to another free card (For example...
Hello, When a channel is available in multiple cards, it would be nice if we could switch to another free card (For example...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hello MP users out there. It's me again and with another music concerning suggestion. Summary: One month ago I registered A LEGAL (!!!) NAPSTER ACCOUNT for about 10 € a month I can download all music I'd like to but: It's not comfortable sitting on the floor in front of a...
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hello MP users out there. It's me again and with another music concerning...
Started on: 2007-02-11 last update: 2007-02-11 Hello MP users out there. It's me again and with another music concerning...
Replies
Views
I cannot find anything regarding a sip/voip client plugin for MP.. It's already done or could be a features??
I cannot find anything regarding a sip/voip client plugin for MP.. It's already done or could be a features??
Replies
Views
Started on: 2009-04-01 last update: 2009-04-01 Summary: It'd be great to have not only the option to shuffle a playlist, but also to have it played in random order. Description: I'd like to have an alphabetically (by artist name) ordered playlist, so it's easy for me to find a particular song and play it, but I'd also...
Started on: 2009-04-01 last update: 2009-04-01 Summary: It'd be great to have not only the option to shuffle a playlist, but...
Started on: 2009-04-01 last update: 2009-04-01 Summary: It'd be great to have not only the option to shuffle a playlist, but...
Replies
Views
Unless I'm missing something, music playback is rather boring. I think a now playing screen similar to whats available for My TV would be cool. Something like: Maybe cover art/vis where the TV window is and music player controls on the left side. Just a thought.
Unless I'm missing something, music playback is rather boring. I think a now playing screen similar to whats available for My TV...
Unless I'm missing something, music playback is rather boring. I think a now playing screen similar to whats available for My TV...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Before I start my expiation, thanks for all the hard work that is being done in Mediaportal.:thx: Live TV plug-in that works with TVS is not really working for me. It’s slow in channel changing and unstable when scanning for channels he freezes or block my complete pc. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but the plug-in is not...
Hi all, Before I start my expiation, thanks for all the hard work that is being done in Mediaportal.:thx: Live TV plug-in that...
Hi all, Before I start my expiation, thanks for all the hard work that is being done in Mediaportal.:thx: Live TV plug-in that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Remote] Custom MPtray DE
I'm guessing if MPtray would can launch two separate script (batch, autoit script, powershell script, exe ...) to execute some action before start Media Portal and after its close It would be fine because I've a script created to AutoIT to perform some action such as select the Hdmi audio device , switch the monitor (plasma from...
I'm guessing if MPtray would can launch two separate script (batch, autoit script, powershell script, exe ...) to execute some...
I'm guessing if MPtray would can launch two separate script (batch, autoit script, powershell script, exe ...) to execute some...
Replies
Views
It would be nice if the user had a simpler way to go to the Tv ProgramInfo screen. A scenario would be, you started watching a program and found it cool, so you decide to look some info about it and check when it's comming up again so you can setup a recording so you can watch it from the beginnig. Altough you already can do...
It would be nice if the user had a simpler way to go to the Tv ProgramInfo screen. A scenario would be, you started watching a...
It would be nice if the user had a simpler way to go to the Tv ProgramInfo screen. A scenario would be, you started watching a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ID aliasing DE
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example below. Area: Navigation, skin files. Description: Say you want to navigate from the video overlay to a specific button in one screen. The button has the id 1234, so you set the <onup> value for video...
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example...
Started on: 2007-03-04 last update: 2007-03-04 Summary: Give a control an alternative ID for easier navigation, see example...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom