Improvement Suggestions (57 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
MP1 MP2 Date Format Setup DE
Hi, I agree with this. An option in the setup to the date and time format would be fine. -alibert
Hi, I agree with this. An option in the setup to the date and time format would be fine. -alibert
How can I change the date format on the Main Screen? Or better, is it possible to let the user choose the date and time format...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 MyTV suggestions DE
multiple capture cards are now supported frodo
multiple capture cards are now supported frodo
essential: Full support for external cable/sat tv reciever, with signal on svid or composite and the ability to change channels on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyMusic Suggestions DE
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for films/video) Add to playlist button on UI (for remote/mouse users) Nice to have: Integrated player support for ASIO/KS Gapless playback Multizone audio support RD
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for...
essential: Support for external players such as winamp or foobar. Ability to set audio renderer for music. (like for...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 3 requests DE
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising if enabled in the os. (it really slows down the app if on) -option for smooth downsampling of icons/album art/thumbs/etc (example of this below) sorry, make that 4 requests. id also like to see...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
-path AND filename for the guide xml. (so i can point to tvdata.xml which other programs use) -detect and disable antialising...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD (480x576 at 2Mbit/s) and VCD (352x288 at 1Mbit/s) (etc). One of this profiles is set to default. Now when we want to record a programm, we can choose one of these profiles to get the recording quality we...
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD...
It would be nice, if we could save TV recording profiles in the setup menu. Something like DVD (720 x 576 at 4 Mbit/s), SVCD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 More mouse support DE
whats the difference in looking in the todo daily or on a forum daily? For you nothing For me it means I need to edit the post here everytime while frodo does it allready on CVS all the time. YOu can also do it everyday, then I will make it a sticky ok?
whats the difference in looking in the todo daily or on a forum daily? For you nothing For me it means I need to edit the post...
It is a post by Mr X in the poll thread and I think we should have this in the feature request area as well: tomtom21000
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Lyrics Plugin DE
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics Database. It,s a realy nice and great working Plugin. Play a Song and bump without doing anything the Lyrics of the Song where shown. On http://www.orangehairedboy.com/lyricsamp/ Is LyricsAMP a...
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics...
Hi, on http://www.leoslyrics.com/ you can find a Winamp Plugin thad grabs the Lyrics of a Playing Song from Leo´s Lyrics...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
And what about the duplication of buttons (like the homepage of myhtpc :) ) ? That would allow us to program them with different behaviours. I mean that if I found an external player with redirection capabilities (I think Zoom Player is one of these) I could program the second button to play DVD to second display, keeping the first...
And what about the duplication of buttons (like the homepage of myhtpc :) ) ? That would allow us to program them with different...
My HTPC is connected to the Tv using the SVHS output of the primary display card, and to a projector with the Vga output of the...
Replies
Views
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles. Can you make them bigger? tomtom21000
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles...
didn´t know in which sub-forum to post. the scroll down and up buttons are extremely small. For example in list of music titles...
Replies
Views
A
Hello How long we'll have to wait? :D Thanks
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD, would be nice to switch them on in MediaPortal too.
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD...
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD...
Replies
Views
A
Of course i have bookmarks..wrote that. Of course i know about favourites and stuff but shouldnt there be links so we can just click one time and we are here.Much easier. And more people will find out about it if it is linked from the scene. Just thought it would be helpful for people. Great work!
Of course i have bookmarks..wrote that. Of course i know about favourites and stuff but shouldnt there be links so we can just...
What about a link from the xbox-scene and even more important a link from xboxmediacenters homepage. I often start to check out...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
i second that for pictures modules...
i second that for pictures modules...
Hay guys, id just like to request that album art be shown for sub folders like it is in XP. Ie if I have top level folder for each...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Thanks but not quite there Thanks for the link. I tried Paragon Virtual CD and Virtual CD 5 and this is by far the best. Still not as nice as XBMP where you can browse straight into BIN files. Also tried plaing a movie from a BIN using Media Portal and it crashed the player :( Steddyman
Thanks but not quite there Thanks for the link. I tried Paragon Virtual CD and Virtual CD 5 and this is by far the best...
One of the biggest features for me with XBMP was the ability to navigate into BIN and ISO files for CD and DVD images. This is...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At the very least, the channel numbers (not just the station names) should be imported into the database instead of having to be added manually.
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At...
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
about shift + numbers in keymap.xml to change channel when watching tv... thats would easy to use with girder...
about shift + numbers in keymap.xml to change channel when watching tv... thats would easy to use with girder...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
see title! :lol:
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 start in window mode maximized (1 Viewer) DE
any option to start mp just as any other app in a maximized window, remember last view mode?
any option to start mp just as any other app in a maximized window, remember last view mode?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is any1 out there who could code up a config screen for all the buttons. It seems like we are just guessing the buttons or asking ppl who know... Also..instead of openning keymal.xml and scrolling down a...
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is...
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is...
Replies
Views
A
belg... :o nee
belg... :o nee
for people who live in the tropics... typhons are coming soon :lol:
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
:) fixed in current cvs
:) fixed in current cvs
only one instance of media portal might be better. what do u think?
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 bigger thumbnails DE
where exactly please? kinda feel noob :oops:
where exactly please? kinda feel noob :oops:
it might sound weird but i think that slightly bigger thumbnails might do just fine on display. 8)
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
i already expressed this request here: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71 i hope a solution will soon be found :D
i already expressed this request here: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71 i hope a solution will soon be...
If I have defined a folder "My music" and enter the music module, I see the closed folder my music at first, which I have to open...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should be able to get the tuner to work with some keys of some kind...
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should...
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
ok cool, so who can knock some up, as i said i would, but i cant thanks
ok cool, so who can knock some up, as i said i would, but i cant thanks
i was wondering is any one could knock up a few MediaPortal skins for this http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/ of...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 metadata DE
in myhtpc you can catalogue your files the application create a .my automatically but the interesting thiong is not the .my but the creation of the catalogue. for example if you have organize all your video by folders and subfolders for exemple c:\MANGA\SERIE\OAV\OAV XX.avi C:\MANGA\SERIE\Episode\EP XX.avi you can use the...
in myhtpc you can catalogue your files the application create a .my automatically but the interesting thiong is not the .my but the...
is it possible to add a fonction to atribute a tag to a folder for the video like the module media in myhtpc, it is a very great...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 XBOX emulator (1 Viewer) DE
yep, thats the point, i think it s the feature everybuddy's waiting for :roll:
yep, thats the point, i think it s the feature everybuddy's waiting for :roll:
If we can play X-BOX Games through Media Portal... then bye bye X-BOX :D Asi
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead of the current schedule. Possibly the "Home" Key?
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead...
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 My Pictures (1 Viewer) DE
I think the selection of fades used in Pinnacle PhotoDVD is very nice. They have: FADE TO BLACK, FADE FROM BLACK as well as a nice ALPHA BLEND FADE between pictures. I think the alpha blend is something like 33% each 'step', which almost like a morph between pictures which are similarly framed and of the same subject. eg: if you...
I think the selection of fades used in Pinnacle PhotoDVD is very nice. They have: FADE TO BLACK, FADE FROM BLACK as well as a...
Option so we can select and print out pictures. Asi
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MrMario64, brilliant idea! Thankyou for implementing this. May i ask if you are midwya through one playlist and change to another, does the program 'remember' where you were in the previous playlist? ie: if you switch back to the original playlist does it start from the beginning again?
MrMario64, brilliant idea! Thankyou for implementing this. May i ask if you are midwya through one playlist and change to...
Hot Changeable mood / situation playlists YOu can set a song in a mood/playlist using the GUI. You can creat lists like...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom