Improvement Suggestions (52 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD, would be nice to switch them on in MediaPortal too.
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD...
Hiya all Can we get audio options for DVD playback....like Prologic, DTS, DD etc? These options are available in PowerDVD...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 album art files DE
Have to disagree with you all, explorer automatically looks in a folder for "folder.jpg" and if it finds it, will use it as the folders icon. If the directory contains images, it will give you a small preview of up to 4 of the images as the folders icon, but thats not the same thing. Many programs follow the "folder.jpg" standard...
Have to disagree with you all, explorer automatically looks in a folder for "folder.jpg" and if it finds it, will use it as the...
I know that the mp3 player uses files called folder.jpg to determine cover art for mp3s. Would it be possible to also use...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
i second that for pictures modules...
i second that for pictures modules...
Hay guys, id just like to request that album art be shown for sub folders like it is in XP. Ie if I have top level folder for each...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Thanks but not quite there Thanks for the link. I tried Paragon Virtual CD and Virtual CD 5 and this is by far the best. Still not as nice as XBMP where you can browse straight into BIN files. Also tried plaing a movie from a BIN using Media Portal and it crashed the player :( Steddyman
Thanks but not quite there Thanks for the link. I tried Paragon Virtual CD and Virtual CD 5 and this is by far the best...
One of the biggest features for me with XBMP was the ability to navigate into BIN and ISO files for CD and DVD images. This is...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At the very least, the channel numbers (not just the station names) should be imported into the database instead of having to be added manually.
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At...
I'd like to see a TV tuner setup wizard. Should walk through XMLTV setup, channel selection, audio input selection, etc. At...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Of course i have bookmarks..wrote that. Of course i know about favourites and stuff but shouldnt there be links so we can just click one time and we are here.Much easier. And more people will find out about it if it is linked from the scene. Just thought it would be helpful for people. Great work!
Of course i have bookmarks..wrote that. Of course i know about favourites and stuff but shouldnt there be links so we can just...
What about a link from the xbox-scene and even more important a link from xboxmediacenters homepage. I often start to check out...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
about shift + numbers in keymap.xml to change channel when watching tv... thats would easy to use with girder...
about shift + numbers in keymap.xml to change channel when watching tv... thats would easy to use with girder...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
see title! :lol:
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A simple plugin that extends the mshtml dll in much the same way as crazybrowser and other IE wrappers do should be possible.
A simple plugin that extends the mshtml dll in much the same way as crazybrowser and other IE wrappers do should be possible.
Integration of a webbrowser would be fine, once the other things become stable. For beeing able to read ordinary web sites from...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
any option to start mp just as any other app in a maximized window, remember last view mode?
any option to start mp just as any other app in a maximized window, remember last view mode?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is any1 out there who could code up a config screen for all the buttons. It seems like we are just guessing the buttons or asking ppl who know... Also..instead of openning keymal.xml and scrolling down a...
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is...
Hiya all It would surely make configuration a LOT easier if there was a config screen for keymap.xml Im wondering if there is...
Replies
Views
A
:) fixed in current cvs
:) fixed in current cvs
only one instance of media portal might be better. what do u think?
Replies
Views
This thread is a good example of why a pop up for the available keys is needed. nobody can recall all the keys in the different modules. Possibilities which are there will not be available for the average user, because he does not know them (or does not remember which key it was. Look here...
This thread is a good example of why a pop up for the available keys is needed. nobody can recall all the keys in the different...
Please put a table of the available keys for the active module on one F-Key. I know they are in keys.xml but I can´t look into it...
Replies
Views
i already expressed this request here: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71 i hope a solution will soon be found :D
i already expressed this request here: http://dott.lir.dk/mediaportal/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71 i hope a solution will soon be...
If I have defined a folder "My music" and enter the music module, I see the closed folder my music at first, which I have to open...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should be able to get the tuner to work with some keys of some kind...
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should...
where i live, we have over 120 channels. im probably not the only one in this case :wink: now that tv works quite good, it should...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
belg... :o nee
belg... :o nee
for people who live in the tropics... typhons are coming soon :lol:
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Date Format Setup DE
Hi, I agree with this. An option in the setup to the date and time format would be fine. -alibert
Hi, I agree with this. An option in the setup to the date and time format would be fine. -alibert
How can I change the date format on the Main Screen? Or better, is it possible to let the user choose the date and time format...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 bigger thumbnails DE
where exactly please? kinda feel noob :oops:
where exactly please? kinda feel noob :oops:
it might sound weird but i think that slightly bigger thumbnails might do just fine on display. 8)
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead of the current schedule. Possibly the "Home" Key?
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead...
How about a "return to current time & channel" for those who may be browsing the TVGuide, and find themselves hours or days ahead...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
ok cool, so who can knock some up, as i said i would, but i cant thanks
ok cool, so who can knock some up, as i said i would, but i cant thanks
i was wondering is any one could knock up a few MediaPortal skins for this http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/ of...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Currently you always get the screen that shows your shares when entering My Music, My Pictures etc. When only 1 share exists this is of no need, you could enter that share directly.
Currently you always get the screen that shows your shares when entering My Music, My Pictures etc. When only 1 share exists this...
Currently you always get the screen that shows your shares when entering My Music, My Pictures etc. When only 1 share exists this...
Replies
Views
MrMario64, brilliant idea! Thankyou for implementing this. May i ask if you are midwya through one playlist and change to another, does the program 'remember' where you were in the previous playlist? ie: if you switch back to the original playlist does it start from the beginning again?
MrMario64, brilliant idea! Thankyou for implementing this. May i ask if you are midwya through one playlist and change to...
Hot Changeable mood / situation playlists YOu can set a song in a mood/playlist using the GUI. You can creat lists like...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 Rating DE
Great idea. I would like to see both of these rating options, but separated. The two aren't always the same. :)
Great idea. I would like to see both of these rating options, but separated. The two aren't always the same. :)
Would be nice if we can show the rating of a song. Rating can be done by number of times you play it (like top100 now) and also...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
how about basic setup during install (paths for pics, music...)?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 My Pictures DE
I think the selection of fades used in Pinnacle PhotoDVD is very nice. They have: FADE TO BLACK, FADE FROM BLACK as well as a nice ALPHA BLEND FADE between pictures. I think the alpha blend is something like 33% each 'step', which almost like a morph between pictures which are similarly framed and of the same subject. eg: if you...
I think the selection of fades used in Pinnacle PhotoDVD is very nice. They have: FADE TO BLACK, FADE FROM BLACK as well as a...
Option so we can select and print out pictures. Asi
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 XBOX emulator DE
yep, thats the point, i think it s the feature everybuddy's waiting for :roll:
yep, thats the point, i think it s the feature everybuddy's waiting for :roll:
If we can play X-BOX Games through Media Portal... then bye bye X-BOX :D Asi
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 metadata DE
in myhtpc you can catalogue your files the application create a .my automatically but the interesting thiong is not the .my but the creation of the catalogue. for example if you have organize all your video by folders and subfolders for exemple c:\MANGA\SERIE\OAV\OAV XX.avi C:\MANGA\SERIE\Episode\EP XX.avi you can use the...
in myhtpc you can catalogue your files the application create a .my automatically but the interesting thiong is not the .my but the...
is it possible to add a fonction to atribute a tag to a folder for the video like the module media in myhtpc, it is a very great...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 logout/shutdown... DE
thanks u i havent rebooted my computer yet today :lol:
thanks u i havent rebooted my computer yet today :lol:
its not obvious when you dont know and its not cool the first time you click on the RED shutdown icon in home.xml :lol: why not...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Hi, Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I was wondering if merge folders has been added to media portal? I haven't been able to find it. I know it has a default folder start list, but, I would really like to see all my folders viewed as one. I have multiple computers on a network, and sometimes don't remember which...
Hi, Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I was wondering if merge folders has been added to media portal? I haven't been...
for the forum: - a new section for support/tricks to make media portal work better - a skin portage section where users can...
Replies
Views
redmodel
R
A
Hi, currently DVB support for all cards using BDA drivers is implemented.... Flip.
Hi, currently DVB support for all cards using BDA drivers is implemented.... Flip.
Coming over from the MyHTPC world here, spending lots of hours pulling out my hair getting it to go. Some requests that I think...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom