Improvement Suggestions (98 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Hi Tommy, That mantis came about due to me talking about live programs over-running, the epg being updated but MP not picking it up. What I'm referring to is the old system that was developed for VCR's and now called Accurate Recording which uses flags in the now/next stream to actively start a recording when it is shown and then...
Hi Tommy, That mantis came about due to me talking about live programs over-running, the epg being updated but MP not picking it...
@mm1352000 I realise you're a 'tad' busy on TVE related stuff but I was wondering whether any consideration bar this ::thread...
Replies
Views
This already exists, see : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/how-set-manual-record-time-44165/#post296781
This already exists, see : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/how-set-manual-record-time-44165/#post296781
It would be great to be able to record TV or radio-shows on channels without EPG. If i know that tomorrow show xxx on channel yyy...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Hi, this is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Hy leute! Wenn man so auf einen pfad zu den videos oder dergleichen zugreifen könnte wäre doch genial (bei mehreren benutzern)...
Replies
Views
is Available Today with FanartHandler 3.0.9 and Myvideo 1.3 Beta
is Available Today with FanartHandler 3.0.9 and Myvideo 1.3 Beta
Hi. As I can't find anything about this in Wiki or forum I like to ask here. I desperately missing some selecteditem related...
Replies
Views
I had requested this awhile back.....but yes, requests from users do get added to MP within a relatively short amount of time thanks to the incredible people working on MP.
I had requested this awhile back.....but yes, requests from users do get added to MP within a relatively short amount of time...
My ideal feature: I would like for a warning to pop up if someone tries to exit MP while a recording is scheduled to begin...
Replies
Views
Still is a problem if you select the wrong one. Try selecting the correct one for "Cops" for example.
Still is a problem if you select the wrong one. Try selecting the correct one for "Cops" for example.
Even when giving the same IMDB-name to movie files, it happens often that after scanning, wrong movie data is loaded for some...
Replies
Views
Good idea.
Good idea.
Hello. I have a couple of items I run from "My Programs". To keep nasty looking wiundows from appearing on screen, I run the...
Replies
Views
I don't normally use the Basic Home screen but how would I go about linking the TV shortcut to the EPG?
I don't normally use the Basic Home screen but how would I go about linking the TV shortcut to the EPG?
Quite simply, I'd like to be able to set MP to go to the EPG when selecting TV from the Home screen, with it turning on only when I...
Replies
Views
Ralph, it gets its data from an unreliable commercial server from the internet. The tuxbox guys are allowed to use that data. I have it installed on my dbox, but it NEVER worked. In the various dbox forums you can read that it's super unreliable and rather never works than once in a time. If you set the timer manually, it works, of...
Ralph, it gets its data from an unreliable commercial server from the internet. The tuxbox guys are allowed to use that data. I...
Hello, I know this feature of my DBox2(Neutrino). It would be great if I could press a Button and set a Timer when the...
Replies
Views
I would like the record menu in the TV guide to be expanded with a "Watch this program" option. Selecting this option would make MP change channel to the correct one when the program starts without recording it. This way, I could set MP to always be on the correct channel for my favorite shows. If I want to I can then start watching...
I would like the record menu in the TV guide to be expanded with a "Watch this program" option. Selecting this option would make MP...
I would like the record menu in the TV guide to be expanded with a "Watch this program" option. Selecting this option would make MP...
Replies
Views
A
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
in my tv goto the tv channel you want to want and press x Frodo
Hi, in the tv guide, when you select a program, it would be nice to have an option which directly switches to the channel. Of...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 "Voicemail" DE
Excellent idea!
Excellent idea!
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a special "voicemail" folder. This folder would receive wave files from another source...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "TV On" label DE
Could rename it to, Live TV on Live TV off or TV viewing on TV viewing off I'm sure there will be a lot of derivative's of this one, as everyone has there own lingual translation of what sounds correct to themselves.
Could rename it to, Live TV on Live TV off or TV viewing on TV viewing off I'm sure there will be a lot of...
In MyTV, there is an option on the main screen called "TV On" or "TV Off." This button toggles live/timeshifted television, which...
Replies
Views
did this go anyhwere? I was thinking about the sms style keyboarding for entering text for searches and whatnot instead of the virtual keyboard, on a remote it would be a LOT faster.
did this go anyhwere? I was thinking about the sms style keyboarding for entering text for searches and whatnot instead of the...
When I am only using the arrows and Enter key to navigate through my music I often have the desire to navigate faster up and down...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I just had an idea that could - in theory - reduce dvb channel changing times while zapping up or down considerably in situations with more than 1 available tuner cards. In short it would work like this (2 tuner example): Channel list: C1, C2, C3, C4,... 1. user watches C1 2. user hits Channel Up 3. tuner 1 tunes to C2, tuner 1 is...
I just had an idea that could - in theory - reduce dvb channel changing times while zapping up or down considerably in situations...
I just had an idea that could - in theory - reduce dvb channel changing times while zapping up or down considerably in situations...
Replies
Views
I also asked for this feature before. I referenced to DScaler, which has this detection already built-in (we could use DScaler too for software-based cards) and is open-source.
I also asked for this feature before. I referenced to DScaler, which has this detection already built-in (we could use DScaler too...
I have a feature request and I have to start of by saying that I have no idea wether this is easy, hard or even possible to...
Replies
Views
good to hear. NJOY :D
good to hear. NJOY :D
I still use my iPod hooked into my stereo instead of MediaPortal for playing music - why? Because the majority of the time I just...
Replies
Views
Im ruling iPod's out initially as I dont have one....and iTunes does it rather well from what I see of my g/f's. My MP3 player is mounted as a drive when its plugged in via USB....so its literally a case of comparing X: with your music folder in MP. Egon
Im ruling iPod's out initially as I dont have one....and iTunes does it rather well from what I see of my g/f's. My MP3 player is...
I often create playlists in MP and would love to be able to send the playlists and it's files to my mp3 player with the click of a...
Replies
Views
Re : "Save" button in Configuration dialog And for those (plugin devs, etc...) who want an "Apply" or "Save" button in their Config Form : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/settings-configuration-questions-dev-purpose-35594/
Re : "Save" button in Configuration dialog And for those (plugin devs, etc...) who want an "Apply" or "Save" button in their...
While working with Configuration dialog, sometimes it crashes because of bugs etc. This causes losing of inputted data if they are...
Replies
Views
Thanks, Ralph! I hope the placing will be different in the next final release. There have been several problems with icon and text placing in this (beautiful) skin from the beginning, though - esp. the "buddy" icon in the lower left can't be seen on several pages because of text and icons on top of it.
Thanks, Ralph! I hope the placing will be different in the next final release. There have been several problems with icon and text...
This may have been requested before, but I'd really like to see a "Recording" icon in the MyTV and the Home screen. When MP starts...
Replies
Views
ha yes good idea :)
ha yes good idea :)
It was present a few versions ago, but it should be useful to re-introduce it. What ? A button on the first page saying that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [TV] "Post" Recording DE
thanks, looks like what i meaned. But its a bit tricky to use. Maybe it will be included fully next time (I hope). rg Frank
thanks, looks like what i meaned. But its a bit tricky to use. Maybe it will be included fully next time (I hope). rg Frank
Hi, maybe a nice feature would be (cause my IP-Box does this): f.e. you come back home at 9 pm. You switch the TV on and you...
Replies
Views
Should be fixed in latest SVN. hover_play dvd.png is the image to replace.
Should be fixed in latest SVN. hover_play dvd.png is the image to replace.
Started on: 2007-01-04 Last update: 2007-01-04 Summary: "Play DVD plugin" - hover image Area: myHome Description: Please give us...
Replies
Views
Nope, that only plays a dozen randomly choesn songs. I want all songs, and I want to be able to choose whether or not they are in random order.
Nope, that only plays a dozen randomly choesn songs. I want all songs, and I want to be able to choose whether or not they are in...
It would be neat if in My Music, there was a button that said "Play All", which would automatically play everything in the current...
Replies
Views
Today, mediaportal can connect to a FTP folder and cache the file there. This works pretty good, except for the following: - Must confirm download - Must wait until file is finished downloading - Cannot "auto-download" files (must create script yourself). Today I use "Offline files" (CSC) in Windows for this. I have all my...
Today, mediaportal can connect to a FTP folder and cache the file there. This works pretty good, except for the following: -...
Today, mediaportal can connect to a FTP folder and cache the file there. This works pretty good, except for the following: -...
Replies
Views
I think it is reasonably common. Many people in Australia want a MediaPortal setup with free-to-air and then pay tv channels coming in on separate capture card (not that I understand why because pay tv in Australia is terrible so I cancelled my subscription :D ).
I think it is reasonably common. Many people in Australia want a MediaPortal setup with free-to-air and then pay tv channels coming...
I use MP to record lots of movies and shows... often I get confused whether I have already a recording scheduled and so MP alerts...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the quick replies. I was looking more for an automatic osd text of this information, as oppossed to manually using the full osd interfaces that come with a skin. My knowledge of programming/scripting is very poor, but i will look into this function with the information you have given me.
Thank you for the quick replies. I was looking more for an automatic osd text of this information, as oppossed to manually using...
Hi, Sorry if this has been brought up before, Much in the same pinciple as the u.s. sci-fi channel, is there a feature or...
Replies
Views
Awesome. I'll start testing it also.
Awesome. I'll start testing it also.
Started on: 2007-09-09 last update: NA Summary: Area: TV scheduled recordings Description: At the moment you can view...
Replies
Views
Paranoid Delusion, Thanx for the reply. I do understand how a 16x16 icon would look ugly zoomed up to full screen, but I still think that zooming up would be a good feature. There are users out there including myself with 1920x1200 screens with dpi well above the old standard 72dpi. My laptop has a native dpi of 147dpi. Even...
Paranoid Delusion, Thanx for the reply. I do understand how a 16x16 icon would look ugly zoomed up to full screen, but I still...
It seems like such a conspicuous absence to me but the My Pictures does not zoom in on smaller graphics images so that at least one...
Replies
Views
You should check out this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=100571#100571 and see what Harald has in mind.
You should check out this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=100571#100571 and see what Harald has in mind.
Searched the other areas, couldn't find another feature or suggestion that resembled this. I think it would be useful for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom