Improvement Suggestions (49 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
CDDA/CDDB support is on the todo list (see docs/todo.txt ) so just sit back & relax, we'll add it soon Frodo
CDDA/CDDB support is on the todo list (see docs/todo.txt ) so just sit back & relax, we'll add it soon Frodo
Hi, a function to simply play an CD would be nice. I dont want to rip every CD for playing. Simply something like the Play DVD...
Replies
Views
A
Frequencies are optional leaving them to 0 will take the default frequency Auto-tuning is something we're working on Frodo
Frequencies are optional leaving them to 0 will take the default frequency Auto-tuning is something we're working on Frodo
I have no idea what frequencies the tv channels I got use, so it's impossible for me to use the tv part of MP right now. How about...
Replies
Views
A
hadnt tried other resolutions. will do great!
hadnt tried other resolutions. will do great!
and a last request for today :lol: when browsing the pictures module, the number of rows seems to be limited to 2 only when...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Now Playing? DE
how to know which files are playing besides watching in the box/player at the top? a "now playing" item would be nice.
how to know which files are playing besides watching in the box/player at the top? a "now playing" item would be nice.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
just had to know, now i know :lol:
just had to know, now i know :lol:
a default action for an album would be nice in the music module. instead of going into the album folder, why not just being able to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
It would be nice to view a local map in the weather module, akin to what is done in myHTPC. Or even better be able to show an animated map like the ones at weather.com.
It would be nice to view a local map in the weather module, akin to what is done in myHTPC. Or even better be able to show an...
It would be nice to view a local map in the weather module, akin to what is done in myHTPC. Or even better be able to show an...
Replies
Views
A
I have a large music collection so it?s easier for me to view artists folder as a list > albums folder as thumbnails (album cover) > track listing as a list. So if there?s a way to set this up could anyone let me know, or just make it possible to save each folder view, for every folder or something ;) Thanks guys
I have a large music collection so it?s easier for me to view artists folder as a list > albums folder as thumbnails (album cover)...
I have a large music collection so it?s easier for me to view artists folder as a list > albums folder as thumbnails (album cover)...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
its not possible with the current version, Probably will be in a future version
its not possible with the current version, Probably will be in a future version
Is it possible to have custom databases ? I would like to have separate databases for: 1. DVD rips 2. DIVX/XVID Movies 3. N64...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to change the default sizes of the icons in Music/Movies modules ? I am running XBMC on 1280x720 resolution and album art/movies covers are just to small.
Is it possible to change the default sizes of the icons in Music/Movies modules ? I am running XBMC on 1280x720 resolution and...
Is it possible to change the default sizes of the icons in Music/Movies modules ? I am running XBMC on 1280x720 resolution and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 need bigger fonts DE
yes you can edit the skin/mediacenter/fonts.xml and just change the <height> of every font Frodo
yes you can edit the skin/mediacenter/fonts.xml and just change the <height> of every font Frodo
i know everything is a work in progress. i run my barebone with a tv-set in 1024 x 768 and have big difficulties to read second...
Replies
Views
A
sorry seems i actually get it to work :oops:
sorry seems i actually get it to work :oops:
title says it all
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Dual Tuner Support DE
Frodo, Thanks for the response... time to sell the tivos...
Frodo, Thanks for the response... time to sell the tivos...
Will mediaportal have support for more than on Tuner card? I have 3 pvr-250s would like to record multiple shows at once. thanks
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
I know your concentrating on porting and perfecting existing functions for the near future, but I thought I would toss this out for later. It would be nice to have a back button on each screen, this would go a long way towards making it touch screen friendly. Perhaps a touchscreen skin that changes the dimentions and layout of...
I know your concentrating on porting and perfecting existing functions for the near future, but I thought I would toss this out for...
I know your concentrating on porting and perfecting existing functions for the near future, but I thought I would toss this out for...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
from the day media portal will support that, it will kick some serious ass! 8)
from the day media portal will support that, it will kick some serious ass! 8)
how about being able to launch another software from within media center? if i wanna use my current tv software , i have to able to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 News Module (RSS) DE
very nice! keep on going! frodo
very nice! keep on going! frodo
With proper fonts and sizing, (picture import ?) this could really be cool. Importing RSS should be a no brainer I imagine (easy...
Replies
Views
Wasn´t able to get this working until now. -------------------------------------------------------------------
Wasn´t able to get this working until now. -------------------------------------------------------------------
A way to show lyrics. Some prefer this to mesmerizing visualizations. In WMP9 ther e's a possiblity to adjust song timing with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Movie module DE
For exemple with Kill Bill: The picture is really low res, is it possible to change the source of the file import ? Or add your own pict ? The comment is badly formatted, is it possible to change it ? And some movies don't have pictures and texts. Looking back on the discussion, XBMC port to PC, I see that the database is in...
For exemple with Kill Bill: The picture is really low res, is it possible to change the source of the file import ? Or add your...
I come from the myhtpc world. One thing I really like is the Media module with .my files. What is great about the .my file (against...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 LCD support (1 Viewer) DE
There were two lcd/vfd plugins released this weekend! Check out the plugins section of the forum. /Peter
There were two lcd/vfd plugins released this weekend! Check out the plugins section of the forum. /Peter
Hi, I think you have already planned to support the output to an LCD or VFD. I have a suggestion, how to do this: Put all the...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 forum request DE
I disabled Guest account yesterday since all guests posts makes a thread hard to read. YOu do not know who says what.
I disabled Guest account yesterday since all guests posts makes a thread hard to read. YOu do not know who says what.
This is a suggestion regarding the forum layout. It would be nice to have a login button in the navigation bar at the top...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 BDA driver support? DE
Hi all, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find any info on it - but is it possible that MediaPortal will...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Source Code DE
I have no problem in getting the source. Use WinCVS. www.wincvs.org Settings: Menu Admin/Login... (on the first start it takes you automatically to this dialog) General Tab Authentication: pserver Path: /cvsroot/mediaportal Host address: cvs.sourceforge.net Username: anonymous Under CVSROOT you should now see...
I have no problem in getting the source. Use WinCVS. www.wincvs.org Settings: Menu Admin/Login... (on the first start it...
Any chance of the source code being zipped up and place on soundforge?I fancy a play around but was having trouble getting CVS to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom