Improvement Suggestions (14 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Hi I use Media Portal mainly for listening to music. As I have tons of MP3s I would like to see a filter tool allowing me to select the files I want. A friend of mine has a Terratec C.A.R. 4000 which allows to filter the files on the HD according to filters. Something in the way: rating = higher than 3 AND year = earlier than...
Hi I use Media Portal mainly for listening to music. As I have tons of MP3s I would like to see a filter tool allowing me to...
Hi I use Media Portal mainly for listening to music. As I have tons of MP3s I would like to see a filter tool allowing me to...
Replies
Views
A
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do this I need access to the m_vecItems in GUIThumbnal class. Can you please give access to this ArrayList with a public method? You have this possibly in other classes for example GUIGroup wher you can get...
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do...
I trying to enum all thumbnailes in the current selection. For example get all channels when the user is in the Radio plugin. To do...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 auto detect ar DE
this is a new idea I had for tv and movies: I find it very annoying to always have to switch aspect ratio to best fit my screen (projector). So this is my idea: 1. Detect the "real" AR of source material (tv / movie) w/o black bars. That means MP has to do an edge detection (or whatevr it is called din english ;-) 2. MP knows...
this is a new idea I had for tv and movies: I find it very annoying to always have to switch aspect ratio to best fit my screen...
this is a new idea I had for tv and movies: I find it very annoying to always have to switch aspect ratio to best fit my screen...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Find function DE
Actually, I have some 600 movies in my database, it would help to have some multi-funtion find-function, where you can search an actor, a director, movie title or filename... Having over 6000 actors in the database, browsing for one can take a while :wtf:
Actually, I have some 600 movies in my database, it would help to have some multi-funtion find-function, where you can search an...
Actually, I have some 600 movies in my database, it would help to have some multi-funtion find-function, where you can search an...
Replies
Views
Hi, good work up until now, guys! I'm having some troubles with the recorded TV list. I have a 200GB HDD so I wind up with plenty of recordings. - When you have watched a recording it doesn't seem to re-sort the listings according to the way you have selected. - Having multiple recorded shows, some old and some new makes the...
Hi, good work up until now, guys! I'm having some troubles with the recorded TV list. I have a 200GB HDD so I wind up with...
Hi, good work up until now, guys! I'm having some troubles with the recorded TV list. I have a 200GB HDD so I wind up with...
Replies
Views
J
MP1 MP2 Repeat Notification DE
I didn't see this anywhere when I looked. Is there a way the guild could have a indicator if a show is firstrun or rerun, either a icon or text added to description.
I didn't see this anywhere when I looked. Is there a way the guild could have a indicator if a show is firstrun or rerun, either a...
I didn't see this anywhere when I looked. Is there a way the guild could have a indicator if a show is firstrun or rerun, either a...
Replies
Views
J
MP1 MP2 Multiple Watch Flag DE
At the current version of MP a video can be either watched (1) or Unwatched (0) But if an entire family using media portal each of the family members watching a video\TV series episode at different time. After the first person watch a video he marked it watched for everyone else I think it would be great if you can configure how...
At the current version of MP a video can be either watched (1) or Unwatched (0) But if an entire family using media portal each...
At the current version of MP a video can be either watched (1) or Unwatched (0) But if an entire family using media portal each...
Replies
Views
Hello, having 800 channels to assign to different groups it is really difficult to do this if they are not removed from the whole list. When you restart the job you have to remember which channels you have already assigned. I ask to you this very simple feature: a TAB which list only all channels with no groups. When you...
Hello, having 800 channels to assign to different groups it is really difficult to do this if they are not removed from the...
Hello, having 800 channels to assign to different groups it is really difficult to do this if they are not removed from the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Music Database DE
Hi, first off - Media Portal really rocks. I was looking at many Media Center software solutions these days, but Media Portal is the one I'm gonna stay with. For the Music Database there is (in my opinion) quite some room for improvement though. Have you guys ever seen amaroK (http://amaroK.kde.org)? It's another OSS project...
Hi, first off - Media Portal really rocks. I was looking at many Media Center software solutions these days, but Media Portal is...
Hi, first off - Media Portal really rocks. I was looking at many Media Center software solutions these days, but Media Portal is...
Replies
Views
Wouldn't it be great if the radio tracked the amount of time listened to each channel and then sorted the stations by most listened to and perhaps even showed the amount of time listened?
Wouldn't it be great if the radio tracked the amount of time listened to each channel and then sorted the stations by most listened...
Wouldn't it be great if the radio tracked the amount of time listened to each channel and then sorted the stations by most listened...
Replies
Views
Hi Currently the code renders music covers with Util.Picture.RenderImage() which means that the cover is rendered on top of any other graphics in the skin. You cannot put the cover behind transparent graphics or anything like that (or even animate it). GUIVideoInfo.cs does it correctly, so this approach would be appreciated...
Hi Currently the code renders music covers with Util.Picture.RenderImage() which means that the cover is rendered on top of any...
Hi Currently the code renders music covers with Util.Picture.RenderImage() which means that the cover is rendered on top of any...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2010-03-17 last update: 2010-03-17 Summary: Access to Channel´s Online Library Area: Description: It would be nice to have the content of the channels online library (tvthek.orf.at / mediathek.zdf.at /....) included as an own channel in MP to watch or even record the stream. THX for your work!!!
Started on: 2010-03-17 last update: 2010-03-17 Summary: Access to Channel´s Online Library Area: Description: It would...
Started on: 2010-03-17 last update: 2010-03-17 Summary: Access to Channel´s Online Library Area: Description: It would...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xattr metadata DE
Hi, Extended Attribute / Alternative Streams / xattr has been around for a while, but since it's not supported by some filesystems parsing info from filenames won't go away. But I'd be nice if there was metadata agents that check for xattr before parsing filenames and throwing searches at TheTVDB / TheMovieDB. For example, FileBot...
Hi, Extended Attribute / Alternative Streams / xattr has been around for a while, but since it's not supported by some filesystems...
Hi, Extended Attribute / Alternative Streams / xattr has been around for a while, but since it's not supported by some filesystems...
Replies
Views
L
Can you allow a seperate recorder program be run just like the movie player allows (i use mplayer)? Mediaportal doesn't record as well as the ATI Tv recorder application. Probably because my ATI TV Wonder Pro card has hardware divx encoding that is only configured through their program.
Can you allow a seperate recorder program be run just like the movie player allows (i use mplayer)? Mediaportal doesn't record...
Can you allow a seperate recorder program be run just like the movie player allows (i use mplayer)? Mediaportal doesn't record...
Replies
Views
L
M
I would love to see an option to change audio streams in ogm and mkv file formats, I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented earlier since ogm and mkv files are well known for containing multiple audio streams.
I would love to see an option to change audio streams in ogm and mkv file formats, I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented earlier...
I would love to see an option to change audio streams in ogm and mkv file formats, I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented earlier...
Replies
Views
Megaframe
M
I'd like a view in MyVideos that let me see videos wich have a bookmark. I sometimes begin to view some files and then I leave them with a bookmark, with this feature I could easily see wich videos I began to see. Thanks ammm
I'd like a view in MyVideos that let me see videos wich have a bookmark. I sometimes begin to view some files and then I leave...
I'd like a view in MyVideos that let me see videos wich have a bookmark. I sometimes begin to view some files and then I leave...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio recording? DE
Recording DVB radio seems like an obvious feature which surely can't be hard to implement - the EPG is there now. Anyone agree? Is this already possible and I'm being silly? Cheers, Mike
Recording DVB radio seems like an obvious feature which surely can't be hard to implement - the EPG is there now. Anyone agree? Is...
Recording DVB radio seems like an obvious feature which surely can't be hard to implement - the EPG is there now. Anyone agree? Is...
Replies
Views
I would like to see a way to disable the automatic cover search if IMDB-Scrapers doesn't return any cover url. Thx
I would like to see a way to disable the automatic cover search if IMDB-Scrapers doesn't return any cover url. Thx
Replies
Views
I've seen that if I minimize MP to tray it still counts idle time and puts PC to sleep when time elapses. I'd suggest to stop counting for idle time when MP is minimized to tray or at least add an option to enable or disable PowerScheduler idle time when MP is minimized...
I've seen that if I minimize MP to tray it still counts idle time and puts PC to sleep when time elapses. I'd suggest to stop...
I've seen that if I minimize MP to tray it still counts idle time and puts PC to sleep when time elapses. I'd suggest to stop...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-05-17 last update: 2007-05-17 Description: Hey guys, It would be nice to see MediaPortals idle time configurable. I think this is an option which should be easy to implement :). What do you think about this ? -level20peon
Started on: 2007-05-17 last update: 2007-05-17 Description: Hey guys, It would be nice to see MediaPortals idle time...
Started on: 2007-05-17 last update: 2007-05-17 Description: Hey guys, It would be nice to see MediaPortals idle time...
Replies
Views
I've spent the weekend trying to move to Media Portal from Vista MCE. I truly believe that Media Portal can be the the Holy Grail of the front ends, but IMHO, there are two main areas where it needs significant improvement: 1: My Music. It was the main reason I stuck with MCE, and it still has some usability issues. I know, some...
I've spent the weekend trying to move to Media Portal from Vista MCE. I truly believe that Media Portal can be the the Holy Grail...
I've spent the weekend trying to move to Media Portal from Vista MCE. I truly believe that Media Portal can be the the Holy Grail...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom