Improvement Suggestions (66 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if key is a bit sticky or my thumb a bit too heavy, i get like 5 message boxes on screen .... :lol: if mp is crashed in background, that might be an issue however... and yes, girder can easily be...
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if...
it would be nice to just disable that message window and just have mp not to start another instance. i launch mp from a remote, if...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I could check it in but I agree Frodo should have a look first! Thanks!
I could check it in but I agree Frodo should have a look first! Thanks!
Hi, one small sucker: Multiple instances of MP are not allowed (which is cool) But the "Media Portal already running" popup...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Lite" GUI/Skin/OSD DE
Let's not start a flame war.... MediaPortal is open-source, meaning if I was a halfway decent programmer, I would have already made a different GUI.... Something like Got All Media, but more customizable, or maybe just with the standard Windows interface. I'm sure there are other programmers out there who can throw together a...
Let's not start a flame war.... MediaPortal is open-source, meaning if I was a halfway decent programmer, I would have already...
It would be nice to have the option of a "lite" GUI for MP that doesn't kill your CPU, for those of us with.... less than powerful...
Replies
Views
A
I'm running MP fine with my PII 600 after I upgraded gfx to a FX5200. Have no tv card. DVD is still not smooth, but xvids and svcds is sweet! /Niclas
I'm running MP fine with my PII 600 after I upgraded gfx to a FX5200. Have no tv card. DVD is still not smooth, but xvids and...
It would be very fine to use Media Portal on an older PC (i.e.: PIII 700). A slower PC would be fast enought to decode most Video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Jump to" feature DE
It would be nice to implement a feature that allows the user to jump to a specific letter (or phrase) based on keyboard input (like in iTunes). There isn't a plugin that already accomplishes this, is there?
It would be nice to implement a feature that allows the user to jump to a specific letter (or phrase) based on keyboard input (like...
It would be nice to implement a feature that allows the user to jump to a specific letter (or phrase) based on keyboard input (like...
Replies
Views
Hi there.... I have a small request..... Can MP be made so, when i watch a movie or TV-recording, i simply press, lets say 6 on the remote, and the player skips 6 minutes forward..... :?: This is a feature on my Nokia 9902s PVR satellite reciver, and it works great when i watch a recording with commersials in it, then when...
Hi there.... I have a small request..... Can MP be made so, when i watch a movie or TV-recording, i simply press, lets say 6...
Hi there.... I have a small request..... Can MP be made so, when i watch a movie or TV-recording, i simply press, lets say 6...
Replies
Views
There is a delete EPG data button on the Manaual tab, but I think this also deletes scheduled recordings, which is a pain. I also think a Delete EPG and Import EPG button would be a good idea :)
There is a delete EPG data button on the Manaual tab, but I think this also deletes scheduled recordings, which is a pain. I also...
I think it'd be quite handy if there was a "import now" button available on the config page for xmltv import. I know the plugin...
Replies
Views
Most DVB EPG guides dont contain genre information Frodo
Most DVB EPG guides dont contain genre information Frodo
I have asked before but I did not get any answers to my question. Maybe some devoloper could tell me. Why is it that when you...
Replies
Views
A
Yeah I told you so....
Yeah I told you so....
I've noticed that a few other PVR applications are extracting the TV card hardware detection/mapping out to a text or xml file...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi there... Just as it did for me, but i think that i can´t be the only one that have had problems figuring out how to use it.... - and that is even thoug i have used the option from time to time earlyer..... (Maybe i´m just the only one that will admit it.... :wink: ) Not that hard to do anyway, the option "record only...
Hi there... Just as it did for me, but i think that i can´t be the only one that have had problems figuring out how to use...
Hi there.... This is a follow up on a "problem" i had.... :oops: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13493...
Replies
Views
Baahh....that's a work-around, not a solution.
Baahh....that's a work-around, not a solution.
Hi, I'm programming on the Webinterface....but it's hard, as my server is a Virtual PC, and therefore doesn't have a TV-card...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 "Digital" radio DE
Nice to see it now in version 1.0.3. Unfortunately version 1.0.3 doesn't work correclty on my system yet, but I didn't had much time to find the problem.
Nice to see it now in version 1.0.3. Unfortunately version 1.0.3 doesn't work correclty on my system yet, but I didn't had much...
First I would like to say that MP is really cool! It's not finished yet, but already much better for the tuning of the TV compared...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Thanks for the heads up on the hybrid cards. A bit too late for me unfortunately. I bought a WinFast DVT2000H card the other week. As a result (I think because of the card, but maybe because of MP. I have a thread Here about my issues with a Hybrid card, dealing in part with loss of signal despite being hooked up with a big, stable...
Thanks for the heads up on the hybrid cards. A bit too late for me unfortunately. I bought a WinFast DVT2000H card the other week...
I bought myself a LeadTek WinFast DVT200H card the other week, and with much troubles, got it working. The problem? The device name...
Replies
Views
i think you are missing the point i set a cover, and at a later date i "choose" to change it, not becuase it is bad or not, but because i want to change it. in this instance i need to quit MP and clear the cache from the config tool (not ideal in a home environment set up with no keyboard/mouse) in this case it would be good...
i think you are missing the point i set a cover, and at a later date i "choose" to change it, not becuase it is bad or not, but...
would it be possible to add an option in the GUI to clear the thumbs cache ? at the moment you need to quit MP and go into the...
Replies
Views
That's it exactly! so a +1 for that one
That's it exactly! so a +1 for that one
Started on: 2010-08-24 last update: 2010-08-24 Summary: Prefix channel names with channel sequence numbers Area: Tvguide...
Replies
Views
Hello. Some SVCD images are shown only as "CD Image file". It is very frustrating when you start a movie and it's the wrong disc! Sometimes it is not possible to change disc, you have to mount another disc-set first and then go back to your first cd set. Maybe there is a bug here as well? /Niclas
Hello. Some SVCD images are shown only as "CD Image file". It is very frustrating when you start a movie and it's the wrong disc...
Hello. Some SVCD images are shown only as "CD Image file". It is very frustrating when you start a movie and it's the wrong disc...
Replies
Views
A
I agree, the ZAP OSD is on the right lines but having it timeout and switch automatically is a pain. I have to set a long timeout just so i can read it and then when i do want it to change it means I have to wait ages. Much better just to press 'OK' or 'Enter' - or at least give the option to do this.
I agree, the ZAP OSD is on the right lines but having it timeout and switch automatically is a pain. I have to set a long timeout...
A feature that BeyondTV and GB-PVR have that would make Mediaportal kick major arse. Bascially what it does is when you're...
Replies
Views
"auto turn time shift when starting any TV" (not when entering My TV window) and the choice "Exit MP" in the shutdown Menu. I really miss it. tnx a lot _________ MP's great
"auto turn time shift when starting any TV" (not when entering My TV window) and the choice "Exit MP" in the shutdown Menu. I...
"auto turn time shift when starting any TV" (not when entering My TV window) and the choice "Exit MP" in the shutdown Menu. I...
Replies
Views
At least it didn't stay unanswered! :D
At least it didn't stay unanswered! :D
I don't want any sounds when navigating through the MP GUI. The way to disable these sounds is to go to Configuration -> General ->...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I noticed some new features and views are creaping in to the latest SVNs. IS it therefore possible to add this view modification for my pictures and my videos to the changes? Chers, Colin
I noticed some new features and views are creaping in to the latest SVNs. IS it therefore possible to add this view modification...
Started on: ? last update: ? Summary: Make the "album view" more available. EDIT: Seems that in wiki, the viewtype is...
Replies
Views
just fixed - will be in next public svn build!
just fixed - will be in next public svn build!
According to http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/KeyboardShortcuts the key "0" (zero) is used to delete TV recordings, movies (videos)...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom