Input/Output Interfaces (10 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR devices are now driven by our new HID handler.
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR...
Recommended Remotes: Remotes in this thread have all been verified by users to work with MediaPortal without any additional...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bose universal remote with MP (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for the quick reply @CyberSimian . I will give that one a go and hopefully it works!
Thanks for the quick reply @CyberSimian . I will give that one a go and hopefully it works!
Hi, I recently purchased the Bose Solo 5 TV system. This soundbar has a Bose universal style remote included. MediaPortal is...
Replies
Views
Two years old, ain't that old. But yeah, you would expect it to be fixed by now.
Two years old, ain't that old. But yeah, you would expect it to be fixed by now.
Hello, I am using Logitech's Harmony Smart Control system for my main HTPC in the living. For quite some time I experience...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Flirc USB dongle DE
Sweet, Cheers mate, might have to grab one this week. Ta Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sweet, Cheers mate, might have to grab one this week. Ta Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Anyone ever tried one of these? Sounds like it would be good if it works with MP. Flirc USB (v2) - Use any Remote with your Media...
Replies
Views
That's what they do. They are just mini wireless keyboard.
That's what they do. They are just mini wireless keyboard.
Hi guys. I have had a little read through the forum and the posts I have come across seem a year or two old and I had wondered if...
Replies
Views
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it does recognise and support the "Ortek VRC-1100" -- it calls it the "Ortek Media Player" :). I added this to my Harmony 650 (I had one unused device available in the 650), and updated my "HTPC" activity...
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it...
There are two shortcomings common to existing MCE RC6 IR receivers: (1) On wake from sleep or wake from hibernation, a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch and would be happy to know your opinion about whether it should be offered as kit where you'd have to solder some components yourself or as a ready-to-use and completely built device. Option A would...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver built into my NUC, but would probably buy a unit if there's a display that shows info (folder, media playing etc). Emph
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver...
Replies
Views
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
I received and thoroughly tested that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver. It turns out to be a really good IR receiver...
Replies
Views
See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to interact with most of the features in Media Center. Your remote control has five types of buttons: Navigation buttons, to move between items on the screen. Playback buttons, to control your media (for...
See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to...
See the original article on at OrigenAE. How do I use the RC197 remote Using the Remote Control You use the remote control to...
Replies
Views
Logitech Unify range of product comes to mind since you can run up to 6 input devices from a single low profile Unify USB dongle. However I don't believe they offer a Unify remote.
Logitech Unify range of product comes to mind since you can run up to 6 input devices from a single low profile Unify USB dongle...
Can anyone recommend a decent 2.4GHz usb dongle remote that works well with MP? A nice keyboard (with built in mouse trackpad) that...
Replies
Views
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement to your iMON receiver I can recommend that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver.
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement...
Hi. I need to buy a imon pad (RM200), but can not find on any site. You can help me. I am from barcelona. Thank you.
Replies
Views
Ah yes, ok that makes sense. Thank you.
Ah yes, ok that makes sense. Thank you.
I emailed Pulse-Eight but it seems they don't answer emails? I have a HDMI switcher. My HDMI cable from my grahics card goes to...
Replies
Views
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager), then get a "Universal Remote" like "Logitech Harmony" or any of the actual and most outdated "One for all" models. Even the cheapy noname ones will work, as long as they support the microsoft IR codes...
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager)...
Hi all! Been using a microsoft mce remote for years without problem but suddenly it got broken. Therefor I got myself a new...
Replies
Views
I'll have a look at it. I decided to make a TVS plugin, because the TVS is always running and so the remot can also be used to control another application if necessary. My rough estimation lies also in the range of 25€ (@50pcs.) - maybe 20€ could be reached, but without housing and with onboard IR receiver. So unless special features...
I'll have a look at it. I decided to make a TVS plugin, because the TVS is always running and so the remot can also be used to...
Hi folks, I'm working on a small piece of hardware which connects as USB HID and doesn't need any driver installed (except for...
Replies
Views
I have the One-for-All 7960, which is identical to the 7962, apart from lacking the "Smart Motion" control. Code 1272 is the correct one to use. With my Microsoft-compatible Dell IR receiver, all buttons work on Windows Media Center without requiring further set-up. However, with MediaPortal further set-up is required. Start...
I have the One-for-All 7960, which is identical to the 7962, apart from lacking the "Smart Motion" control. Code 1272 is the...
Hello all! Before tossing it in the trash i might just ask the community. I got the old Microsoft ir receiver plugged in my Lenovo...
Replies
Views
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop. :( The most-recent version of the support package for the Ortek/Hama remote is the one available in this post: Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 That version does use AutoHotKey, but I find that...
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop...
Hi, I have a Vista MCE VCR 1100 remote. Someone has the same remote and has posted their xml file so that others can use. Where do...
Replies
Views
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft Windows: Using Alternate Input Devices in Your Smart Client Applications. Using Remote Control Input Outside of Windows Media Center. The first article contains a link to an installer providing a precious...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Replies
Views
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54 housing to the standby power input of that PCS-MCE. I modded an ATX cable extension to intercept the standby power and hook it to the PCS-MCE. That one should be used in the HTPC. I also modded a Molex power...
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54...
I just received my PCS-MCE device. It's pretty cool though it's not recognized as a "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" so...
Replies
Views
Some should I guess. Search for MiniDisplay in the forum or wiki. Look for MiniDisplay plugin in your MP configuration. Though usually those are actually internal displays but I guess if you are ready to DIY you could mount some externally. Most people have various versions of SoundGraph iMON VFD or LCD. Though those really are just...
Some should I guess. Search for MiniDisplay in the forum or wiki. Look for MiniDisplay plugin in your MP configuration. Though...
Hi all! Does anyone have an idea how to use external usb VFD or LCD display to manage media portal? Google search drives me here...
Replies
Views
Yes, batteries Is not the the problem, I've also suspected the possibility that some other device nearby works on 433 Mhz. (like the fact that the motherboard is built in into some furniture, without any RF shielding) By "no references", I mean no "microsoft" text or windows logo. - I am aware that MCE remotes always have that...
Yes, batteries Is not the the problem, I've also suspected the possibility that some other device nearby works on 433 Mhz. (like...
My firefly remotes got gradually bad range over the past 3 years. I am looking for an replacement , X10 or MCE os ok, but it must...
Replies
Views
Currently trying to get a Steamcom Remote (this damn IR Receiver from Steamcom) together with an (older) LG TV and a Dell Remote working ... Some things I found which have helped is to set the IR from Steamcom to send keystrokes (over the Steamcom Setup Tool) so putting the Keys on the buttons is (basically) working. But ... The LG...
Currently trying to get a Steamcom Remote (this damn IR Receiver from Steamcom) together with an (older) LG TV and a Dell Remote...
Currently trying to get a Steamcom Remote (this damn IR Receiver from Steamcom) together with an (older) LG TV and a Dell Remote...
Replies
Views
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our toilet (yeah even I had to laugh) so I had to get a new one. I then installed it quickly as soon as it arrived with the showdown sequence to turn my TV, AVR, and HTPC all off at exactly the same time...
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our...
Hi, Wanting some advice on a solution to my continued issue with my IR remote. If you look at my system specs under my avatar you...
Replies
Views
Well the remote itself is definitely not modal. I can switch to mode 2, verify that the mouse moves, hold my hand over the IR emitter while "switching" to mode 1, ie pressing the blue button, and the mouse still moves.So it's the server side.
Well the remote itself is definitely not modal. I can switch to mode 2, verify that the mouse moves, hold my hand over the IR...
Hello, so i got a thread running over at XBMC's forum but this issue would be the same for mediaportal as the problem also occur...
Replies
Views
Ich habe das bei mir so gelöst, dass ich den HTPC nur dann vom PS runterfahren lasse, wenn er im Home-Menü ist. Wenn ich dann den Fall habe, dass ich "mal kurz" aus dem Wohnzimmer gehe, gehe ich in ein Untermenü und unterbinde damit das Runterfahren. Ansonsten für Aufnahmen startet der PC im Home-Menü, macht die Aufnahme und fährt...
Ich habe das bei mir so gelöst, dass ich den HTPC nur dann vom PS runterfahren lasse, wenn er im Home-Menü ist. Wenn ich dann den...
Okay, not that simple ;-) I can wake up my HTPC from standby with my Harmony One. The powerscheduler send my HTPC to sleep after...
Replies
Views
I still use it and it works well. But I wonder if there is better support today at Logitech database for remotes. I think that you today can choose a PC, but I have not tried it my self.
I still use it and it works well. But I wonder if there is better support today at Logitech database for remotes. I think that you...
Hi! I found a way to get Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote to work with MP via Bluetooth at...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Leap Motion and WMC DE
Has anybody tried using the Leap Motion with WMC in Windows 8. I want to get one for Xmas for the sole purpose of controlling WMC, other PC functions can be done with a mouse and keyboard, I just want to do the basics such as change channel, volume, and navigation through the menu.
Has anybody tried using the Leap Motion with WMC in Windows 8. I want to get one for Xmas for the sole purpose of controlling WMC...
Has anybody tried using the Leap Motion with WMC in Windows 8. I want to get one for Xmas for the sole purpose of controlling WMC...
Replies
Views
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V receiver and a TV. No matter which of the 5 devices is selected, the volume up/volume down/mute buttons control the A/V receiver, the power button turns the TV on and off, and another button controls the...
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V...
Good morning, For some time now, I've been happily using a standard MCE remote with Mediaportal and love it's functionality...
Replies
Views
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
Hi, Recently I bought a Tellstick net version to be able to control my RF 433MHz light switches from my...
Replies
Views
Yes, I think that may be the case. When I started this thread however long ago, the mapped eject button definitely worked as expected. I did notice that it had stopped working a while back with my system, but as I don't often use optical discs, I had no clue when it had stopped working. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and I...
Yes, I think that may be the case. When I started this thread however long ago, the mapped eject button definitely worked as...
I have an HP MCE remote like the one below. There are two buttons, "Eject" and "Visualisations" that don't appear in the MCE remote...
Replies
Views
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Hi guys, title says it: is it possible to map a pc-reboot to a button in my combination MCE/Harmony One? Thanks for your input.
Replies
Views
Top Bottom