Input/Output Interfaces (10 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR devices are now driven by our new HID handler.
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR...
Recommended Remotes: Remotes in this thread have all been verified by users to work with MediaPortal without any additional...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get through, instead of me having to tab over to Media Portal, move around, then go back to what I was doing? Edit: Found that EventGhost and MessagePlugin for MP gave me everything I was looking for.
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get...
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get...
Replies
Views
I have the hauppauge 45 button remote and it works well with MP. I am looking to make the HULU desktop application work with the hauppauge remote and found this post on editing the ini file. If I do this it works but I must then deselect the “keep control when MP loses focus” which breaks the remote function of the netflix plugin...
I have the hauppauge 45 button remote and it works well with MP. I am looking to make the HULU desktop application work with the...
I have the hauppauge 45 button remote and it works well with MP. I am looking to make the HULU desktop application work with the...
Replies
Views
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the candidates I am considering: RTI T2C Denon RC-7000CI GRemote (on HTC Wizard) Thomson Gyration 4101 (maybe in the package with keyboard) The first two are very expensive, but promise to control my whole AV...
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the...
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it would be nice to have a wireless keyboard with touchscreen, maybe trackball on it. Is the Logitech Revue keyboard as a single unit available anywhere? Or can you recommend other keyboards that you use...
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it...
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it...
Replies
Views
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working fine. Now I like to build a second one (USB Ultra IR v2.0) for my Eee Box, to power on/off and control it from another room, do you think it's working and what's the maximum USB cable length??? :thx:
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
Replies
Views
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft Windows: Using Alternate Input Devices in Your Smart Client Applications. Using Remote Control Input Outside of Windows Media Center. The first article contains a link to an installer providing a precious...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Replies
Views
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that satisfy me. What i really like is for instance this pack from Asus, but afaik, it's not available with Scandinavian layout: The key features will be a minimalistic design, in other words: no numpad...
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that...
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that...
Replies
Views
I';m trying to get my HP Pavillion DV6998ca laptop to work with the provided HP Remote Control (RC1762307/01 - Image) The remote appears to work when i click the monitor icon button but nothing else. I've tried to check on various options under remote control wthin Media Portal config but no luck. Any tips for getting this remote...
I';m trying to get my HP Pavillion DV6998ca laptop to work with the provided HP Remote Control (RC1762307/01 - Image) The remote...
I';m trying to get my HP Pavillion DV6998ca laptop to work with the provided HP Remote Control (RC1762307/01 - Image) The remote...
Replies
Views
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote (though I'll buy a cheap one if I have to); I already have Logitech Harmony remotes. Most everything I've found seems to be Vista-only. I've already got one, and no amount of fiddling seems to get the...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like the remote that came with my TV alot better. (Samsung 37" LCD). Funny thing is when I push buttons on the TV remote the IR Sensor for the hauppauge remote picks it up but does odd things to MP. Is...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Replies
Views
Dear Community, If someone is looking for a Remote Control Without IR,you can find it at Ebay- Keyspan Vista Media Center RF Remote Control It is Not the Regular windows media center remote that came with IR receiver! It is working Fine with Media Portal...
Dear Community, If someone is looking for a Remote Control Without IR,you can find it at Ebay- Keyspan Vista Media Center RF Remote...
Dear Community, If someone is looking for a Remote Control Without IR,you can find it at Ebay- Keyspan Vista Media Center RF Remote...
Replies
Views
Does enyone have this remote: gadget4all.com I've bought it yesterday and I think it's quite cool. It's not too expensive and it has a mouse. I'm new here and I havent seen any posts about this one. Can anyone PLEASE send me the plugin for it? :thx:
Does enyone have this remote: gadget4all.com I've bought it yesterday and I think it's quite cool. It's not too expensive and it...
Does enyone have this remote: gadget4all.com I've bought it yesterday and I think it's quite cool. It's not too expensive and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, i configured everything quiet well. I setup a Activity called MediaStation to control simultaneously my TV, my receiver and my HTPC (Antec Fusion Remote). Everyhting works almost perfectly fine, the only thing which doesnt want to work properly is shutdown. If i shut down the activity, TV shuts down, receiver shuts down but...
Hi, i configured everything quiet well. I setup a Activity called MediaStation to control simultaneously my TV, my receiver and...
Hi, i configured everything quiet well. I setup a Activity called MediaStation to control simultaneously my TV, my receiver and...
Replies
Views
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS, nothing fancy just the basic features
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch and would be happy to know your opinion about whether it should be offered as kit where you'd have to solder some components yourself or as a ready-to-use and completely built device. Option A would...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Replies
Views
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other applications like TotalMedia. Is there a setting that allows MP to ignore my X10 inputs when minimized?
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other...
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other...
Replies
Views
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant find it. all the web sites i've found no loager stock it. Thanks
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Replies
Views
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for the last 5 day without success. The Xp sp2 ehome driver with not work and I have found some other driver that work but when I restart the server it knocks out my HID devices and states that the drivers are...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Replies
Views
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn on your PC from standby or hibernation is difficult if not impossible. In this regard MCE remote users are spoiled. It more or less works out of the box. But with a few tricks you can actually have the...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote that hardly worked and after months of putting it off went and bought a Hauppauge RC6 remote. Firstly the remote works great, all the buttons actually do something for a change BUT.... I have a...
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote...
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote...
Replies
Views
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've tried ticking on the option in MediaPortal for MCE remote but it doesnt work. How do i get this remote to work in MeidaPortal? Now i must admit, Windows Media Center used to pop up when i hit the green...
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've...
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've...
Replies
Views
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my build. at the moment, i have not connected the SSD. as i dont want to continually write to it and possibly damage it. so win 7 ultimate has been installed on my old 250GB HDD (going to be used for music...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking for a RF remote which is able to get the machine started. X10 from Medion/ Marmitek is not capable to do so. I found these potential ones, but I'm not sure: - ATI AIW remote II - SCONI V2 ( external solution ) ... Thanks for any comment. Gerd
Hi all, I'm looking for a RF remote which is able to get the machine started. X10 from Medion/ Marmitek is not capable to do...
Hi all, I'm looking for a RF remote which is able to get the machine started. X10 from Medion/ Marmitek is not capable to do...
Replies
Views
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It does not work in Windows is (XP, Windows 7), nor in MediaPortal. Only some keys. Does anyone experience with this remote control? What could be the problem. I thought it was one of the MCE remote clones...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR, Remote, and DVR DE
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the DVR so I can record TV when I am out. I live in the UK and like to watch HD and so would like to record it. However I don't have a FreeSat dish - I have a really sweet deal with Virgin Media which I won't...
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the...
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the...
Replies
Views
This is really giving me grief..... I have 2 original MCE remotes with the 4 coloured buttons works 100%. But I have 5 clients I cannot get them anymore so I have bought 2 Speedlinks SL6399. These are not compatible with MP but works fine in MCE... but with the keyboard plugin they are 99% useable so still not there yet Next...
This is really giving me grief..... I have 2 original MCE remotes with the 4 coloured buttons works 100%. But I have 5 clients...
This is really giving me grief..... I have 2 original MCE remotes with the 4 coloured buttons works 100%. But I have 5 clients...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now I have a very fresh system with nearly everything running perfectly :-) thanks so far!!! but there are two problems left: - move right with the remote does not work, up - down and left works without...
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now...
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now...
Replies
Views
Hi, last 2 days i installed media portal on my new build htpc and i like it really really much :) i also tried to map my remote control (comes with the technisat skystar 2 dvb-s card) with eventghost and the message plugin (a lot of threads out there) and it worked. BUT there are not enough keys for all functions... so i have to buy...
Hi, last 2 days i installed media portal on my new build htpc and i like it really really much :) i also tried to map my remote...
Hi, last 2 days i installed media portal on my new build htpc and i like it really really much :) i also tried to map my remote...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I have a multi-seat MP 1.0.2 set up, with my Foxtel IQ STB connected to svideo and analog audio inputs on my HVR2200 in the TV Server. The MP client can see and hear the STB channels fine. My question is...
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I...
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a Microsoft keyboard and controls the HTPC just fine, but the dedicated MCE key pad only works with MediaPortal for the volume controls. I have tried the following options: 1. General HID Device 2...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom