Input/Output Interfaces (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR devices are now driven by our new HID handler.
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR...
Recommended Remotes: Remotes in this thread have all been verified by users to work with MediaPortal without any additional...
Replies
Views
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with MediaPortal?
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with...
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with...
Replies
Views
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct mp buttons and a built in mouse, i have read online and this remote requires no drivers, i guess its a plug and play remote. Any idead how to set up for media portal? Please help..
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct...
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct...
Replies
Views
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking without problem with xp and vista with seven but I miss a button the button "info" for the subtitle, etc ... mutate that the keyboard is represented by the Y button voila if someone is kind enough to...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
Replies
Views
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS, nothing fancy just the basic features
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
Replies
Views
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working fine. Now I like to build a second one (USB Ultra IR v2.0) for my Eee Box, to power on/off and control it from another room, do you think it's working and what's the maximum USB cable length??? :thx:
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that program... I know that it isn't really a MP problem, but wondered if there was any way to get it working? Is there some software that will let the Hauppage remote work in other programs at all...?
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that...
Hi, I've configured MP to launch WinDVD for HD disc playback. That works, but the Hauppage remote doesn't do anything in that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SKYSTAR 2 HD remote DE
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to control mediaportal ? Is it working ?
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I want to buy URC8308, but whether it will work with my HTPC and mediaportal? p.s Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now I have a very fresh system with nearly everything running perfectly :-) thanks so far!!! but there are two problems left: - move right with the remote does not work, up - down and left works without...
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now...
Hi there, I used a dev version of team mediaportal for more than two years now and just decided to reinstall my htpc today. Now...
Replies
Views
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP Control plugin or IRSS translator to remap keystrokes) HIP (Remap IR codes to keystrokes) LM Remote KeyMap (Remap IR codes to keystrokes)
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP...
Hi, I've a Hauppauge hvr900h tv-tuner card with IR receiver and an harmony 515 universal remote. It works quite good to use this...
Replies
Views
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote working. I have no idea what the brand is. They sell them a lot on Ebay: PC Remote Control & Wireless Mice Windows MCE Vista XP - eBay (item 350174710323 end time Dec-26-10 03:16:50 PST) But for some...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
Replies
Views
If you have MCE then you can use Eventghost to See details
If you have MCE then you can use Eventghost to See details
Is it possible to get a 'feedback' display of what each button on any remote does, ie press a button and and have a windows program...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed media portal and i love the whole setup. My problem is that i cant get my remote to work. It is a linksys remote that was working with wmc. Does anyone have any idea how i can work out this kink...
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed...
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed...
Replies
Views
Dear mediaportal users and experts, Could anybody guide me how to get my harmony remote working with mediaportal using the IR reciever in my USB tv-tuner card (Hauppauge HVR-900h) ? I've read that some people get it to work setting up the remote as a windows media center remote in MEDIAPORTAL condig. Allthoug it doesn't work for...
Dear mediaportal users and experts, Could anybody guide me how to get my harmony remote working with mediaportal using the IR...
Dear mediaportal users and experts, Could anybody guide me how to get my harmony remote working with mediaportal using the IR...
Replies
Views
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One emulating a Streamzap). If I'm playing a video, for instance an mkv, with alternate audio/subtitle tracks, is there a quick way to toggle them? Ideally, a single button to switch subtitles on/off would...
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One...
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One...
Replies
Views
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Hi, I only stumbled upon this marvellous project yesterday, but have one small problem. Up, down, left, right and OK work fine on...
Replies
Views
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote (though I'll buy a cheap one if I have to); I already have Logitech Harmony remotes. Most everything I've found seems to be Vista-only. I've already got one, and no amount of fiddling seems to get the...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Replies
Views
Hi all developers, I using in my HTPC with MP iMon VFD (5,25" panel with knob), activated minidisplay plugin. All is allright, but I have idea for controll MP without remote, by knob on this panel. Now, him function is Mute and volume, but not as on remote (paralel), but in serial mode. This is bad! My idea is, that if I press this...
Hi all developers, I using in my HTPC with MP iMon VFD (5,25" panel with knob), activated minidisplay plugin. All is allright, but...
Hi all developers, I using in my HTPC with MP iMon VFD (5,25" panel with knob), activated minidisplay plugin. All is allright, but...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Case / VFD wanted DE
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The following Hardware is already there: Mainboard: Asus M3N78-EM CPU: AMD 4850e Ram: 2GB HDD: 3,5", 500 GB Normal DVD Device or Slimline (i have both) Powersuply: MCubed EF 28 What im now looking for is small and...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like the remote that came with my TV alot better. (Samsung 37" LCD). Funny thing is when I push buttons on the TV remote the IR Sensor for the hauppauge remote picks it up but does odd things to MP. Is...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Replies
Views
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer... :-() I have a Soundgraph Ultrabay (same es Antec Veris Premier) and i want to use it with MediaPortal. What do I need for the Display and how does the Front-Buttons work? I want to use my HTPC also...
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer...
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer...
Replies
Views
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other applications like TotalMedia. Is there a setting that allows MP to ignore my X10 inputs when minimized?
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other...
I noticed when MP1.0.2 is minimized it still has focus on my X10 remote. This causes issues when using the X10 remote in other...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get through, instead of me having to tab over to Media Portal, move around, then go back to what I was doing? Edit: Found that EventGhost and MessagePlugin for MP gave me everything I was looking for.
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get...
Is there a way to make my MCE remote control only Media Portal? So that, if the focus is elsewhere, the commands still get...
Replies
Views
yeah..I know another remote question not working lol. But ive spent all weekend looking and still have the same problem. I have my Harmony 880 set up as a MCE device. That part works. It will pause/exit start MCE and even programs like Media Player classic. However, it only works in menus with Media Portal. I can use the arrow keys...
yeah..I know another remote question not working lol. But ive spent all weekend looking and still have the same problem. I have my...
yeah..I know another remote question not working lol. But ive spent all weekend looking and still have the same problem. I have my...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks. :thx:
Wow thanks. :thx:
Hey guys Can i use custom config remote. Like using WINLIRC or something like that? Can some one help me Plz:)
Replies
Views
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something. When I use the numpad on a keyboard as my controling input device, I set the keyboard shortcuts to map the numpad keys to up down select type movements etc.. but when I go into a menu, instead of...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
Replies
Views
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant find it. all the web sites i've found no loager stock it. Thanks
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC Remote DE
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with RF-signals cause the HTPC is placed in a closed cupboard. And also because it's much easier to work with. Secondly, I also want to control my LCD-TV (Samsung LE32R72B) and my amplifier with te remote. Is...
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with...
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with...
Replies
Views
Btw, I'd suggest an NVIDIA 6600GT, supports all hardware deinterlacing features, incl. HD support. As a remote, I'd suggest the international version of the MCE 2005 remote (with coloured buttons).
Btw, I'd suggest an NVIDIA 6600GT, supports all hardware deinterlacing features, incl. HD support. As a remote, I'd suggest the...
So I'm thinking about building a media portal box. I plan on buying an Emachines T3065 off of ebay... it's an Athlon XP 2.167...
Replies
Views
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using a keyboard takes away alot of the good feeling so I'm looking for a good wireless controller I can use, is there anyone that can recomend one?
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using...
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom