Input/Output Interfaces (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR devices are now driven by our new HID handler.
Please note that the 'Microsoft MCE' handler is now deprecated and will be withdrawn in MP 1.13. All MCE remotes and other eHome IR...
Recommended Remotes: Remotes in this thread have all been verified by users to work with MediaPortal without any additional...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had an issue with my firefly X10 remote and replaced the remoteplugins.dll with the one found in this thread. It fixed the remote issue but it seems it has broken the netflix site for onlinevideos. It tries to load the dll and fails with a reference to MP 1.11. I don't know if it is a reference in the remoteplugins dll or a...
Hi, I had an issue with my firefly X10 remote and replaced the remoteplugins.dll with the one found in this thread. It fixed the...
Hi there. I've got a remote from an older pc (Medion MD 8008). It is the Medion remote also described in the wiki...
Replies
Views
Further to the above please note that in MP 1.12 the InputDeviceMappings folder path is now:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\ Placing the modified mapping file here (overwriting the original version) rather than in a new folder in ProgramData........ works fine and should avoid any...
Further to the above please note that in MP 1.12 the InputDeviceMappings folder path is now:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Team...
Using Eventghost for Hama MCE Remote (to control without focus). It's also named as Hama 52451. Its probably work also with Ortek...
Replies
Views
I solve this problem. I must switch keyboard from czech to english and button 0-9 is funkcion
I solve this problem. I must switch keyboard from czech to english and button 0-9 is funkcion
| Logitech Harmony One | Soundgraph IMon Pad Remote Controller | MCE Remote | | Shortcut'er | Soundraph iMON Software | Harmony...
Replies
Views
There is now a touchscreen driver for the ExternalDisplay plugin.... It is available HERE
There is now a touchscreen driver for the ExternalDisplay plugin.... It is available HERE
I've been trying to set up a htpc solution for a long time now. The perfect setup for me would be a beamer connected to my htpc and...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Logitech Harmony 300/300i You are right. The device you have to configure in the software of Logitech Harmony is: Computer/Media Center PC -> Microsoft -> Windows Media Center. In the configuration utility of MP you have in the remote entry the option "MCE remote". That's it. It is the same thing with my RC6 ir-receivers...
AW: Re: Logitech Harmony 300/300i You are right. The device you have to configure in the software of Logitech Harmony is...
I find the new remote from Logitech quite interesting, as it: - Can emulate a MCE-remote - Have every button need to replace a...
Replies
Views
I still use it and it works well. But I wonder if there is better support today at Logitech database for remotes. I think that you today can choose a PC, but I have not tried it my self.
I still use it and it works well. But I wonder if there is better support today at Logitech database for remotes. I think that you...
Hi! I found a way to get Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote to work with MP via Bluetooth at...
Replies
Views
How about slowing down repetition rate of the Keyboard in the computers controlpanel? I didn´t have this problem yet.... You can also define a repetition rate somehere in the Harmony Remote... Well i have the German Harmony Menu but i find it in the Actions Screen under: Troubleshooting > Computer > Computer doesnt react on...
How about slowing down repetition rate of the Keyboard in the computers controlpanel? I didn´t have this problem yet.... You...
I have a Zalman HD 160XT Plus case. The touchscreen, remote control IR receiver and the volume knob is managed by a solution from...
Replies
Views
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape remote receiver. Would something like this do the trick? HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 | eBay
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape...
Hi I have spent ages trying to search this forum for a fully compatible IR receiver for WME for my Logitech Harmony One. I had...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they require. 500ma. Make sure you have no other devices sharing the power with it, or hang it off a powered hub if needs be. I used the MCE replacement drivers (that are now marked as obsolete) and it works...
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they...
Hi Guys, Running MP on XP SP3 and got a Philips MCE remote and receiver from eBay. XP detected the receiver as 'bb+ dongle...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dell MCE RC6 Remote (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks alot :) Ye i have allready installed W7 and the remote is showing up as it did on my workstation (worked with MP there) so i bet it will :) This has been long and painfull for both of us ray but i am really glad for your help :) Cya around buddy hehe.
Thanks alot :) Ye i have allready installed W7 and the remote is showing up as it did on my workstation (worked with MP there)...
So i just bought a new remote after dealing with a cheap remote that made my eyes go red about the IR reciver (i somtimes had to...
Replies
Views
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press for close, long for standby. I never managed to get my computer to resume with the remote if standby was triggered by a timer, only when standby had been triggered by the remote. The green button will send...
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press...
Shape HTPC remote control - Fractal Design Has anyone successfully used this remote with MP? Their sales literature...
Replies
Views
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the PC...help needed?
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the...
For anyone wanting to use the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth BD Remote with Windows and/or MediaPortal can use my application to do...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best Remote for IR DE
I use Display & IR control device plug-in to controll my MP with AverMedia IR remote (NEC type). My version of hardware IR decoder with 20x2 LCD display (translate to ENGLISH)
I use Display & IR control device plug-in to controll my MP with AverMedia IR remote (NEC type). My version of hardware IR...
What is the best RemoteControl that will work together with the MediaPortal?
Replies
Views
That's different to my HP MCE compatible remote kit. I just plugged in into the USB (XP SP3, No MCE) and it automatically installed the ehome infrared receiver driver without any user input, no need to download drivers, crack anything.
That's different to my HP MCE compatible remote kit. I just plugged in into the USB (XP SP3, No MCE) and it automatically...
Man I'm a dumbass. I just bought a 360 Remote and PC Wireless Gaming Receiver for my brother, thinking that he could use them to...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning. I'll keep you posted. Couldn't find the screen, will look again in the morning. Yeah, but it came with an Asus tv/fm tunercard, so I thought that could have something to do with it...less likely Damn, I had my hopes up for a deal coming from you haha. I'll keep my eyes open. I'll try...
Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning. I'll keep you posted. Couldn't find the screen, will look again in the morning...
I have a xpc-rc01 receiver and remote but i want to use the receiver with my harmony 525 instead of the budled remote. I tried...
Replies
Views
I'll have a look at it. I decided to make a TVS plugin, because the TVS is always running and so the remot can also be used to control another application if necessary. My rough estimation lies also in the range of 25€ (@50pcs.) - maybe 20€ could be reached, but without housing and with onboard IR receiver. So unless special features...
I'll have a look at it. I decided to make a TVS plugin, because the TVS is always running and so the remot can also be used to...
Hi folks, I'm working on a small piece of hardware which connects as USB HID and doesn't need any driver installed (except for...
Replies
Views
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
i just installed windows 7 64 bit reduced media edition. Normaly he install with it the Mce Remote ehome infrared transceive...
Replies
Views
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it does recognise and support the "Ortek VRC-1100" -- it calls it the "Ortek Media Player" :). I added this to my Harmony 650 (I had one unused device available in the 650), and updated my "HTPC" activity...
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it...
There are two shortcomings common to existing MCE RC6 IR receivers: (1) On wake from sleep or wake from hibernation, a...
Replies
Views
Yes, I think that may be the case. When I started this thread however long ago, the mapped eject button definitely worked as expected. I did notice that it had stopped working a while back with my system, but as I don't often use optical discs, I had no clue when it had stopped working. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and I...
Yes, I think that may be the case. When I started this thread however long ago, the mapped eject button definitely worked as...
I have an HP MCE remote like the one below. There are two buttons, "Eject" and "Visualisations" that don't appear in the MCE remote...
Replies
Views
i have many problems with minidisplay... i have mediaportal 1.1.1 and last imon driver but minidisply go off... any idea? thanks
i have many problems with minidisplay... i have mediaportal 1.1.1 and last imon driver but minidisply go off... any idea? thanks
Hi I tried several over the past month to update my iMon drivers from 7.20 to 7.40 or more recently 7.60, but each time...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick reply @CyberSimian . I will give that one a go and hopefully it works!
Thanks for the quick reply @CyberSimian . I will give that one a go and hopefully it works!
Hi, I recently purchased the Bose Solo 5 TV system. This soundbar has a Bose universal style remote included. MediaPortal is...
Replies
Views
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through the SETUP file, which was in the ZIP file (after unzip on my D-drive). Unfortunately XP gave me a security warning, after which during installation all running software/services (except for XP) crashed...
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through...
Hi, I've already done a bit of searching so this is just a final check. I'm currently using BeyondTV, planning to move to...
Replies
Views
I use the method that mPod suggested. MCE remote works perfectly (although I only use it to wake from Hibernate, but I am sure it works from off too since hibernate is the same state essentially). Also, I have two Comrpo TV Tuner cards and they come with a connector for the PC Power switch which turns the Computer on from full...
I use the method that mPod suggested. MCE remote works perfectly (although I only use it to wake from Hibernate, but I am sure it...
Hello, some time ago I had the idea to turn on my pc on by my IR-Remote. I was searching the web for a cheap and simple solution...
Replies
Views
Also in minidisplay set it to turn off display when not running
Also in minidisplay set it to turn off display when not running
Hello Community, Right now I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new htpc components...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty damn expensive Harmony 1000 which eventually died, I figured I'd share this find to spread the love. I'm not affiliated with whoever wrote this app in any way, but great work deserves to be shared...
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty...
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard and mouse. Under XP SP3 in windows media center (or on win7 for examlpe) this remote works without any drivers and all buttons are works exactly they are named. This device shows as a Several HID devices -...
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard...
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard...
Replies
Views
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
I received and thoroughly tested that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver. It turns out to be a really good IR receiver...
Replies
Views
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn on your PC from standby or hibernation is difficult if not impossible. In this regard MCE remote users are spoiled. It more or less works out of the box. But with a few tricks you can actually have the...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
Replies
Views
Deleted - Apologies, the message posting page was giving an error, with no confirmation of a post being made.
Deleted - Apologies, the message posting page was giving an error, with no confirmation of a post being made.
Hi, Getting excited about a new project now!!, I've been lurking for awhile and feel its time to jump in feet first. I'm...
Replies
Views
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement to your iMON receiver I can recommend that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver.
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement...
Hi. I need to buy a imon pad (RM200), but can not find on any site. You can help me. I am from barcelona. Thank you.
Replies
Views
Top Bottom