Input/Output Interfaces (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 Bluetooth Remote? DE
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all the signals from the remote without too many hitches. The initial set up of the remote was a good few hours worth of work compared to a plug and play solution like the keyboard and mouse, but it's very...
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all...
Hi, are there any bluetooth remote controls that work with MP on the market? I searched but I couldn't find one. Many thanks...
Replies
Views
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device manager is misidentifying the IRRcvr and is installing a "USB Composite device" under the controllers instead of the IR bus. Placing and reg'ing the sys/inf files has done nothing and it doesn't appear as...
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device...
Howdy all !! First timer here. I am building my 1st HTPC and need advice on a non-MCE remote control for Mediaportal. I am...
Replies
Views
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working from all power states. IrTrans is pretty flexible... so you can normally also use every other ir remote for it... if you want. CU Lars
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working...
I'm trying to finish off my HTPC, and I'm looking for a way to power it on and off via remote control. My spec is: Antec...
Replies
Views
I think it does I might be joining you in buying one.
I think it does I might be joining you in buying one.
Logitech introduced a palm size diNovo Mini keyboard with backlight and bluetooth on CES 2008. Personally, i can´t get used to a...
Replies
Views
Just trying to help here, but you are right, 19 euro is too high. The cheapest set (remote+receiver) I can find in the Netherlands however is still 20 euro, so you found a real bargain !
Just trying to help here, but you are right, 19 euro is too high. The cheapest set (remote+receiver) I can find in the Netherlands...
I have an MS MCE r/c but have lost the IR receiver for it during my house move. Is there a method of buying/building an...
Replies
Views
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
Just got my HTPC put together yesterday, which includes a Hauppauge 1800 and its bundled remote. After getting everything setup i...
Replies
Views
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that series (525) and its simply fantastic, it just can do whatever you want it to do. (and yes it also can perfectly replace an mce, i use it with mediaportal and the inbuild ir-reciever of a msi media live barebone)
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that...
I am going to get the black Antec Fusion case with the LCD display. What I would like to know is which is the best/easiest remote...
Replies
Views
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
Although there are a few threads on the Antec Fusion 430 case, I haven't found any concrete answers as to whether or not the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Decent Remote DE
OK kool, thanks for the responses guys/gals....any other suggestions on a learning remote? I was looking at the Philips SRU9400 - looks kinda cool, but i was wondering whether it would be a suitable remote?
OK kool, thanks for the responses guys/gals....any other suggestions on a learning remote? I was looking at the Philips SRU9400 -...
Hi there, I currently have the Official Microsoft Media Center remote and its pretty well supported, its just i don't like the...
Replies
Views
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
Hi all, I have a Logitech Harmony remote, which I want to use to control my soon-to-be-built HTPC. I understand that I will...
Replies
Views
Just a question... I'm sure the mapping of special buttons cause no problem with setpoint installed properly. But how about those special features, like skipping track by just waving your hand? Did you manage to get that working with Mediaportal or do you even think it's possible without too much trouble? I've just received and MX air...
Just a question... I'm sure the mapping of special buttons cause no problem with setpoint installed properly. But how about those...
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3443&cl=gb,en looks very cool, but im not sure if it will be easy...
Replies
Views
You can program all special media keys using this: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/SystemUtilities/EventGhost/ but i recommend you to use this keyboard: http://www.gadgetcentre.com/news/images/Genius-Luxemate-810.jpg in my modest oppinion it's much better than BTC 9029URF III MCE regards,
You can program all special media keys using this: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/SystemUtilities/EventGhost/ but...
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5139506?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG Im about to head out to fry's and purchase one of these...
Replies
Views
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR Server Suite. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_public_test_version-t24849.html I don't intend to support the MCE Replacement Plugin or TV3 MCE Blaster plugin much longer. There...
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR...
Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce) so i need the remote aswell, which i need to buy seperatly. My Question is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Good Wireless Mouse DE
You might want to check out Gyration mouse products at gyration.com They are a little odd looking but some people like them. I have a Logitech Bluetooth media mouse that works well at 10'. The USB dongle is on an extension cable which increases the range.
You might want to check out Gyration mouse products at gyration.com They are a little odd looking but some people like them. I have...
I was wondering if someone could recommend a good wireless mouse. The last two that I got said "Wireless" but when I got them home...
Replies
Views
Cheers fer your help PD
Cheers fer your help PD
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MCE-2005-REMOTE-CONTROL-INC-IR-VISTA-XBOX360-COMPATIBLE_W0QQitemZ110150519664QQihZ001QQcategoryZ51086QQssPageN...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Vista MCE Remote DE
see if you can get the european remote, which has 4 extra teletext coloured buttons, which are very useful and do have functions within MP (like red = fullscreen).
see if you can get the european remote, which has 4 extra teletext coloured buttons, which are very useful and do have functions...
I haven't found a direct answer, does the vista MCE remote work with Windows XP? http://www.xpcgear.com/remotevista.html
Replies
Views
I've posted somewhere in the forum about solving the problem (excuse me because I'm new to MP). I've same X10 remote (Model UR51A) with receriver (MR26A). I've tried snapstream driver and it's still not working. Then, after installing BOOM 2000 from X10 web site, my X10 remote is now working with MP. I've selected "other" as X10...
I've posted somewhere in the forum about solving the problem (excuse me because I'm new to MP). I've same X10 remote (Model UR51A)...
Hi Everyone, I am unable to get my X10 "mp3 remote" (Model UR51A) working with MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1. I connected the...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks. :thx:
Wow thanks. :thx:
Hey guys Can i use custom config remote. Like using WINLIRC or something like that? Can some one help me Plz:)
Replies
Views
C-Bus can be wireless too http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus_wireless One of my mates uses to do home Automations on multimillion dollars houses in Sydney and this is what he recommend. Good luck with Dick smith most poeple in there will not even know what home Automation is. :)
C-Bus can be wireless too http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus_wireless One of my mates uses to do home...
I'm planning on renting a property in the near future and like the idea of home automation, however I can't do any wiring. Is there...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Where to buy a good IR port? (1 Viewer) DE
Where is a good place to buy an IR port for my computer? I was going to use the XBOX 360 remote with it.....
Where is a good place to buy an IR port for my computer? I was going to use the XBOX 360 remote with it.....
Replies
Views
I just use the MCE remote and keyboard and I like em. The joystick on the keyboard is a bit fiddly but now that I am used to it, it is great! The MCE remote is just the best, I also have a Logitech harmony 525 univeral remote, but the responce of it with MP just is not that great. (If anybody has this remote working with MP please...
I just use the MCE remote and keyboard and I like em. The joystick on the keyboard is a bit fiddly but now that I am used to it...
Hi, Today I received my precious LC-14MB case. Now I wonder what kind of keyboard to buy. I read that MCE Keyboard is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, currently have a Hauppauge hvr-1300 with ir blaster support working out fine with Media Portal (except for the fact that the PC cannot start from the remote). Looking for a better htpc case I've found several pretty good cases that includes a vfd + ir port integrated and sometimes a imon remote. What I haven't found yet is a...
Hi, currently have a Hauppauge hvr-1300 with ir blaster support working out fine with Media Portal (except for the fact that the PC...
Hi, currently have a Hauppauge hvr-1300 with ir blaster support working out fine with Media Portal (except for the fact that the PC...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased an MCE remote, and it came with two IR blaster cables to control devices like TV, stereo, etc. I paid AUD$40, so you should be able to get the MCE remote for EUR20. The bonus is that the device works straight away with MediaPortal. If you use the MCEPlugin for MediaPortal, you should then be able to control the...
I recently purchased an MCE remote, and it came with two IR blaster cables to control devices like TV, stereo, etc. I paid AUD$40...
Hi, Is it possible to command my AV receiver or TV set from Mediaportal? What kind of hardware can I use? I saw already the...
Replies
Views
Hi, did you try to get your imon remote to work with the origenae VFD? i did like you bu never bought a MCE remote, still have the imon remote. Regards /Leo
Hi, did you try to get your imon remote to work with the origenae VFD? i did like you bu never bought a MCE remote, still...
Right now I've got a VL Systems LIS MCE in my case (nMediaPC 280BAV). I am tired of its poor integration with MP, and am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Internal MCE Remote DE
I've thought of moding mine a few times. Probilly would be best to disassemble it and steal a cable with a connector for internal usb header pins off something else, they should have the same colour wires. I might do it on my next HTPC after the current one turns into a media server.
I've thought of moding mine a few times. Probilly would be best to disassemble it and steal a cable with a connector for internal...
I'm building a new HTPC for the lounge, it'll be an HP 5700 Small form factor PC and with it I'll be using a Microsoft MCE remote...
Replies
Views
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a hardware wired keyb and mouse will do that. 1st one is the MCE Keyboard with thumb mouse that in time and practice works. 2nd one is when I need to do more typing as I have had RSI since 1986 is the MS...
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a...
Title says it all! I looked at the MS one - but that says it requires XP MCE and an official receiver... so any similar ones...
Replies
Views
To control what in vista? MP?
To control what in vista? MP?
I would like to buy it, but I can't find a definitive answer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best remote control DE
How would the ATI remote wonder compare to the MCE remote. They are about the same price on Ebay. I know ATI is RF and MCE is IR. Are there any differences that make one better than the other.
How would the ATI remote wonder compare to the MCE remote. They are about the same price on Ebay. I know ATI is RF and MCE is IR...
I can the program supports a wide range of remote controllers. I have a Hewlet Packard (by the I won on my birthday) :) and i...
Replies
Views
I think the MS remotes (eHome) look and feel better than the ones Hauppauge bundles (SDK) - also thay have two blaster included.
I think the MS remotes (eHome) look and feel better than the ones Hauppauge bundles (SDK) - also thay have two blaster included.
It's almost February, 2007. I don't have a TV-in solution yet (been using MP to play music and video only), but I am about to get...
Replies
Views
I have an MCE remote, which is great for channel surfing, etc. because of its profile (and because, compared to my STB-DVD-TV configuration, MediaPortal has everything in one interface). I also have a Pronto TSU-7000 (ProntoPro NG) which handles all my individual devices, advanced features, etc. Both are IR, which serves me fine since...
I have an MCE remote, which is great for channel surfing, etc. because of its profile (and because, compared to my STB-DVD-TV...
Hi, I am curious which type of remote control MP user are using. I myself am using a universal remote with IgorPlug+Girder...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom