Input/Output Interfaces (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 HTPC Remote DE
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with RF-signals cause the HTPC is placed in a closed cupboard. And also because it's much easier to work with. Secondly, I also want to control my LCD-TV (Samsung LE32R72B) and my amplifier with te remote. Is...
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with...
Hello, I have just builded my own HTPC. Now I'm searching for a good remote. First of all, the remote must work with...
Replies
Views
There is now a touchscreen driver for the ExternalDisplay plugin.... It is available HERE
There is now a touchscreen driver for the ExternalDisplay plugin.... It is available HERE
I've been trying to set up a htpc solution for a long time now. The perfect setup for me would be a beamer connected to my htpc and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR/Remote question DE
Hi all. First post here and I'm new to open source stuff. I'm building an HTPC for minimum outlay and for the remote control aspect I've found what seems to be a good vfm (ie €20) self-build USB IR device from a German overclockers site...
Hi all. First post here and I'm new to open source stuff. I'm building an HTPC for minimum outlay and for the remote control...
Hi all. First post here and I'm new to open source stuff. I'm building an HTPC for minimum outlay and for the remote control...
Replies
Views
Urgh... got yet a modell: MICROSOFT OEM/MS Remote Control XP MCE 1pk EN (A9O-00014)
Urgh... got yet a modell: MICROSOFT OEM/MS Remote Control XP MCE 1pk EN (A9O-00014)
OK, so I'm getting a STB (Kreatel for IP TV), and therefore I need a MS remote (blasters). The thing is, there are several...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 about imon remote DE
what i want to now is if the remote works with the same infrared codes for left, right, up, down keyboard and the mouse, and the button for the switch between keyboard and mouse is controlled by hardware or software, and if it is by software can i set the default to the keyboard function and not the mouse, thanks
what i want to now is if the remote works with the same infrared codes for left, right, up, down keyboard and the mouse, and the...
i am thinking on buying a imon vfd but what i want to now is if i can learn in another remote the navigations key only(left, right...
Replies
Views
Btw, I'd suggest an NVIDIA 6600GT, supports all hardware deinterlacing features, incl. HD support. As a remote, I'd suggest the international version of the MCE 2005 remote (with coloured buttons).
Btw, I'd suggest an NVIDIA 6600GT, supports all hardware deinterlacing features, incl. HD support. As a remote, I'd suggest the...
So I'm thinking about building a media portal box. I plan on buying an Emachines T3065 off of ebay... it's an Athlon XP 2.167...
Replies
Views
Which model Gyration ?
Which model Gyration ?
Hi, I've been using MP for a while now, and to normally control it I use a VNC program to connect to it from another computer...
Replies
Views
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
My old ATi Remote Wonder I is in dire need of replacement. It worked fine for a few years with the X10 drivers btw. Now my local...
Replies
Views
I'm almost done with my Media PC except for the IR blaster setup. I purchased a Hauppauge 1062 PCI Interface WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit Tuner Card. The Kit included a remote, reciever and IR blaster. I can not get the blaster to work and would like to purchase a separate IR blaster to control my set top box. Can anyone recommend a...
I'm almost done with my Media PC except for the IR blaster setup. I purchased a Hauppauge 1062 PCI Interface WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit...
I'm almost done with my Media PC except for the IR blaster setup. I purchased a Hauppauge 1062 PCI Interface WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit...
Replies
Views
I use the method that mPod suggested. MCE remote works perfectly (although I only use it to wake from Hibernate, but I am sure it works from off too since hibernate is the same state essentially). Also, I have two Comrpo TV Tuner cards and they come with a connector for the PC Power switch which turns the Computer on from full...
I use the method that mPod suggested. MCE remote works perfectly (although I only use it to wake from Hibernate, but I am sure it...
Hello, some time ago I had the idea to turn on my pc on by my IR-Remote. I was searching the web for a cheap and simple solution...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Integrated Receiver DE
this is the way to go when you use analogue output... when you use SPDIF (and AC3/DTS), cannot be done peterfup, if you want to connect your big speakers directly to a computer, you will still need a pre-amp, that can drive your speakers (same Ohm and not crazy Watt difference)... maybe I misunderstood you?
this is the way to go when you use analogue output... when you use SPDIF (and AC3/DTS), cannot be done peterfup, if you want to...
Hi, I'm considering making my own HTPC. But I would like to get rid of all my systems in the living room. So no cd, dvd...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC Control, but I can't find them in Italy. Can someone tell me where I can find an RF remote working with MP in Italy (even not ATI or Marmitek)? PS: this is an home solution, so the price should be under...
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC...
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
I havent get remote control with my TV tuner card, my card is PCI CAPTR HUPPAUGE|1042 PVR MCE 150. can some one suggest how i can...
Replies
Views
First: Welcome! Don't think you'll find any alt. for the same price, I'm afraid.
First: Welcome! Don't think you'll find any alt. for the same price, I'm afraid.
I am building my new system and am going to be using it as a Media Center. I can't bring myself to buy a copy of XP MCE 2005...
Replies
Views
Hi I used Lik-Sang 2 years ago and bought a converter. Now i can use my original SNES controller to control mp (if i have to stand up for the remote at the tv and don't want to do it ;) ). I start snes games through MyPrograms and all with original SNES controler pretty good retro feeling together on a high-end platform :D A...
Hi I used Lik-Sang 2 years ago and bought a converter. Now i can use my original SNES controller to control mp (if i have to...
hello does anyone know, where i can buy (maybe in germany) in an online shop controllers/game pads? but it has to be one thats very...
Replies
Views
Which remote I have to select to make working that remote? Does play/stop/rew... works?It doesnt work for me... :(
Which remote I have to select to make working that remote? Does play/stop/rew... works?It doesnt work for me... :(
Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard/mouse, and/or remote that works well with MP? eg. Does the Logitech S510 system remote...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Logitech Harmony DE
I just got the Harony 525, and using it as a hauppauge remote. Unfortunately Logiteh aren't too informative on their website about it's features. But it's highly customizable, you can either learn from other remotes or use some of their database codes. It supports both hauppauge remotes, and MCE too I think. Actually they have...
I just got the Harony 525, and using it as a hauppauge remote. Unfortunately Logiteh aren't too informative on their website...
Hi, this is what I'm taking about: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=9933...
Replies
Views
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would dock the guy for was the actual packaging, as when I received it the stickyness of the package was so dry it was practically all the way open. I'm lucky I have an honest mail carrier I guess.
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would...
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.
Replies
Views
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on the MB. (if anyone stumbles over iMon 2.4G reviews, please post the link here)
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on...
http://www.soundgraph.com/pr/e_pr_18.asp?m1d=1&m2d=18 The website specifics are limited. Anyone have more information on this...
Replies
Views
Some links to remote http://www.realvnc.com http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net http://www.dameware.com http://www.famatech.com http://www.tightvnc.com http://www.netremote.org/
Some links to remote http://www.realvnc.com http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net http://www.dameware.com http://www.famatech.com...
Hi all - I'm a bit new to this Media Portal but so far i'm very impressed - Hats off to everyone involved. I've got a dedicated...
Replies
Views
hi if you read the many posts on the forum both the MCE remote (european version best) and keyboard both have a QUALITY feel about them and once youve used them you would not want to change. PS use rechargeable batteries cos lighting up remote lasts about 6-8 weeks even less if falls down into the chair and permanantly has button...
hi if you read the many posts on the forum both the MCE remote (european version best) and keyboard both have a QUALITY feel about...
I've got both hauppauge remotes: the <insert low number> remote, and the <insert high number> remote. (from a Nova-T and a...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Thanks for that... I'll get one on order today!
Thanks! Thanks for that... I'll get one on order today!
Hi, I'm building a machine for a friend to integrate into their £45,000 home entertainment system. They don't want to use...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ATI Remote Wonder DE
RW S/W crashing? Yes... Happens to me too, ATI software just dies. I tried updating the driver as MS Update suggested but that was even worse. I ended up buying a Hauppauge HVR-1300 which included IR remote but now MP crashes whenever it is enabled... If anybody knows, I'd too appreciate hints about the ATI software and would...
RW S/W crashing? Yes... Happens to me too, ATI software just dies. I tried updating the driver as MS Update suggested but that was...
I've tried to use the ATI Remote Wonder with Mediaportal 0.1.3 - no plugin installed. The few buttons I use to navigate work fine...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR Reciver for MCE Remote (1 Viewer) DE
I can live without that feature.......... well my other half can. thanks ........ free software and using exsisting hardware. GREAT!! any other input also welcomed. thanks .
I can live without that feature.......... well my other half can. thanks ........ free software and using exsisting hardware...
I've bought a MCE remote from ebay and would like to build/buy an IR reciver that will work with it in media portal. I have an...
Replies
Views
No problem for IMon VFD + MCE Remote (except that you have to install the MCE receiver, since the IMon Receiver won't understand MCE IR)
No problem for IMon VFD + MCE Remote (except that you have to install the MCE receiver, since the IMon Receiver won't understand...
I am planning to build an HTPC around the Silverstone LC14M. This case has an IMON VFD built-in and is delivered with a remote. I...
Replies
Views
Remote power on Just a follow up. Finally got around to installing this. Works very slick! I was quite impressed with it. I can now power up & down with the remote.
Remote power on Just a follow up. Finally got around to installing this. Works very slick! I was quite impressed with it. I can...
How can I power on the system using a remote and what hardware do I need. Power on as in from S5/S4 .
Replies
Views
I have one of these keyboard and mouse setups as well. Been using it for a few months (independant of MP); In general I like it although I wish that the pointing device were contained in the keyboard in the form of a pointing stick or pad or trackball.
I have one of these keyboard and mouse setups as well. Been using it for a few months (independant of MP); In general I like it...
I just picked up this Gyration Cordless Optical Mouse and Comapct Keyboard Suite. I am hoping to use this with Media Portal. Do any...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 ir receiver DE
I would suggest biting the bullet and just going with the MS MCE 2005 (European) remote. I don't know a lot about the Tira, but the MCE remote should have all the reciever functions and you also get the blasters and the remote itself. In Australia it's pretty cheap so I guess it would be in other countries too.
I would suggest biting the bullet and just going with the MS MCE 2005 (European) remote. I don't know a lot about the Tira, but...
Since upgrading to WinXP a while ago I can not get my TIRA-2 to work at all. Since they have no support I'm giving up and going...
Replies
Views
Deleted - Apologies, the message posting page was giving an error, with no confirmation of a post being made.
Deleted - Apologies, the message posting page was giving an error, with no confirmation of a post being made.
Hi, Getting excited about a new project now!!, I've been lurking for awhile and feel its time to jump in feet first. I'm...
Replies
Views
Y
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things are versioned, too.
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things...
MCE remote (on non-MCE box) and software questions i am basically going to just talk to myself here so i think clearly, but i need...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom