Input/Output Interfaces (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 VFD / LCD Display DE
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music from my library. Many people contribute to my library (375GB of .mp3's) and when a song comes up that I did not put there, I want to know who it is. My setup displays the info every 30seconds for 10...
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music...
i sadly bought a case without front display. Well i want one now tho :/ which would be best to choose? Which is one does work...
Replies
Views
AW: Multitouch - resp. MS Surface The main problem of each multi touch lcd display is the aspect ratio combined with less multi touch points... most displays only have 2 points...
AW: Multitouch - resp. MS Surface The main problem of each multi touch lcd display is the aspect ratio combined with less multi...
.. Hi there out in the www ----- just wondering myself - isn't it so, that win7 got a multitouch i/o? and couldn't it be...
Replies
Views
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly with xbox and MediaPortal you need to configure xbox power option as it has two power buttons: one for power On and another one for Off. It is sounds a bit ridiculous as xbox remote has just one Power button...
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly...
Hi, I recently set up my HTPC in a close proximity to my Xbox360. The problem I have is the Xbox360 reacts to MCE remote "PC"...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Harmony remotes DE
I'm experimenting a bit and it appears that MCE remotes on harmony have bigger lag than other remotes. For example if I set my harmony to control TV, it will send commands quicker than in "MCE mode". It's still not nearly as fast as original remote, but improvement. And since MCE receiver can receive commands from any remote, it...
I'm experimenting a bit and it appears that MCE remotes on harmony have bigger lag than other remotes. For example if I set my...
Which harmony remote for my needs please help :) I currently have a hp receiver and mce remote, i would like to have something...
Replies
Views
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD pins. I have also connected the USB plug internally. Is there anything else that is needed? And, which button is used? The PowerToggle? I have a Harmony remote, so I need to know which button to configure...
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD...
Hello, What is current status with buggy VFD in Antec Fusion V2/430 (Silver) ? I gonna cover the original, build in IR as I...
Replies
Views
Y
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things are versioned, too.
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things...
MCE remote (on non-MCE box) and software questions i am basically going to just talk to myself here so i think clearly, but i need...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver built into my NUC, but would probably buy a unit if there's a display that shows info (folder, media playing etc). Emph
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which Keyboard/Mouse for HTPC? (1 Viewer) DE
Which model Gyration ?
Which model Gyration ?
Hi, I've been using MP for a while now, and to normally control it I use a VNC program to connect to it from another computer...
Replies
Views
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and there is no problem. With Philips on ASUS I have to plugin the receiver a few seconds after system boots - then the receiver works. I will try to find a fix on ASUS homepage. CU André
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and...
I purchased some weeks ago a Philips white MCE remote; it works like a charm after pluging it but I've discovered that whenever I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bluetooth Remote? DE
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all the signals from the remote without too many hitches. The initial set up of the remote was a good few hours worth of work compared to a plug and play solution like the keyboard and mouse, but it's very...
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all...
Hi, are there any bluetooth remote controls that work with MP on the market? I searched but I couldn't find one. Many thanks...
Replies
Views
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right click the shortcut, then click into the shortcut key box on the properties control now press the button you want to assign on the remote control, it should register in the shortcut key box. click ok...
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right...
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap/basic solution for a mediaportal client. I already have the server+client on the main server machine...
Replies
Views
Pretty fair.. I'll spend some time during the week end to configure it. Do you know of any existing template already mapping the most common keys? It's still pretty fuzzy in my mind.. but I was thinking to have something similar to a small utility I found that simulate keys using the remote control. This utility has two modes you...
Pretty fair.. I'll spend some time during the week end to configure it. Do you know of any existing template already mapping the...
What TV's support being turned On/Off with the MCE 2005 remote control? The IRBlaster and the IR transmittors(work for any...
Replies
Views
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to keyboard shortcut). Probably not the best way but it works perfectly :). ((in vista)). If the reception of the case isn't sufficient what would be the best way to increase it? I did the following with...
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to...
I want a remote that can do it all. htpc / av receiver / tv What would you suggest?
Replies
Views
D
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom of the post) is a video of a 7" touch screen (with indigo) in action.... should give you some feeling. regards, Ruud.
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom...
Hi, I want to have control over my HTPC without turning the projector on or using VNC. The display in my Silverstone LC-11 is...
Replies
Views
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello guys. I'm so impressed by MP, and want to use it asap. But I can't coz my remote isn't functioning. Hope someone can help...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work. Disabled all and separately but it made no difference. Only side effect was, that the x10 device didn't work in MediaPortal anymore.
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work. Disabled all and separately but it made no difference. Only side effect...
Hi, I have a X10 remote (Medion) and when I press the volume button, it changes the system volume. Is there a way to disable...
Replies
Views
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working from all power states. IrTrans is pretty flexible... so you can normally also use every other ir remote for it... if you want. CU Lars
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working...
I'm trying to finish off my HTPC, and I'm looking for a way to power it on and off via remote control. My spec is: Antec...
Replies
Views
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement to your iMON receiver I can recommend that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver.
That Philips remote should be able to power on and off through your iMON setup if set in MCE compatibility mode. As a replacement...
Hi. I need to buy a imon pad (RM200), but can not find on any site. You can help me. I am from barcelona. Thank you.
Replies
Views
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would dock the guy for was the actual packaging, as when I received it the stickyness of the package was so dry it was practically all the way open. I'm lucky I have an honest mail carrier I guess.
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would...
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.
Replies
Views
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR Server Suite. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_public_test_version-t24849.html I don't intend to support the MCE Replacement Plugin or TV3 MCE Blaster plugin much longer. There...
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR...
Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce) so i need the remote aswell, which i need to buy seperatly. My Question is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop. :( The most-recent version of the support package for the Ortek/Hama remote is the one available in this post: Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 That version does use AutoHotKey, but I find that...
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop...
Hi, I have a Vista MCE VCR 1100 remote. Someone has the same remote and has posted their xml file so that others can use. Where do...
Replies
Views
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our toilet (yeah even I had to laugh) so I had to get a new one. I then installed it quickly as soon as it arrived with the showdown sequence to turn my TV, AVR, and HTPC all off at exactly the same time...
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our...
Hi, Wanting some advice on a solution to my continued issue with my IR remote. If you look at my system specs under my avatar you...
Replies
Views
I removed any mapping for MP, leaving only MPC, remove the "exclusive mode" and problem fixed!! Now it works flawlessly :) :thx::thx:
I removed any mapping for MP, leaving only MPC, remove the "exclusive mode" and problem fixed!! Now it works flawlessly :)...
Hi! I've read and tried seeeeveral configs of imon pad and MP, but no one worked if MP uses an external player (Media Player...
Replies
Views
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that series (525) and its simply fantastic, it just can do whatever you want it to do. (and yes it also can perfectly replace an mce, i use it with mediaportal and the inbuild ir-reciever of a msi media live barebone)
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that...
I am going to get the black Antec Fusion case with the LCD display. What I would like to know is which is the best/easiest remote...
Replies
Views
i use the serialport remote use an old tvcard remote with winlirc only 5 euro ! and it works great and easy to bold hacknmod.com/hack/how-to-build-a-serial-port-infrared-receiver
i use the serialport remote use an old tvcard remote with winlirc only 5 euro ! and it works great and easy to bold...
Hi all, Because my Logitech remote is crapping out all the time (which is seriously annoying as you might expect ;)) I posted a...
Replies
Views
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR, apparently, and about a year ago I bought a 50" plasma to replace my old 32" LCD. The fix is to block the low-level background IR and still let the remote IR through. I used masking tape, per this useful thread...
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR...
I've been searching high and low, but can't find anything like this on the internet. I previously had a Tira2 IR receiver in my old...
Replies
Views
AW: Fractal remote will not wake computer possibly anyone could help me, i bought the remote a time ago and i still have the problem, that in teletext there is a double mapping of the numberkeyboard. does anyone solved this problem? Sorry for my bad english. thx madvario got some time to test some settings. i deleted in...
AW: Fractal remote will not wake computer possibly anyone could help me, i bought the remote a time ago and i still have the...
Hello. I used to use a Medion X10 remote to control my HTPC. A couple of days ago i bought a new remote control: the fractal -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Vista MCE Remote DE
see if you can get the european remote, which has 4 extra teletext coloured buttons, which are very useful and do have functions within MP (like red = fullscreen).
see if you can get the european remote, which has 4 extra teletext coloured buttons, which are very useful and do have functions...
I haven't found a direct answer, does the vista MCE remote work with Windows XP? http://www.xpcgear.com/remotevista.html
Replies
Views
Win7 EyeTV Sat with Cam Slot S7 Driver 1.0.7.601, not newer! Otherwise the eyetv is not working with mepo.
Win7 EyeTV Sat with Cam Slot S7 Driver 1.0.7.601, not newer! Otherwise the eyetv is not working with mepo.
Loving all this and setting things up just right, missing the ability to have HD on the PC and record decent documentaries. Spotted...
Replies
Views
sort of gave up on trying to start the PC with the mini. Gave in and turn the PC on when required. Uninstalled Vista and replaced with XP. Startup times decreased dramatically (gotta wait for the PJ to start anyway, so 45 seconds start time is alright) The documented problems I had were the bluetooth connection and the down...
sort of gave up on trying to start the PC with the mini. Gave in and turn the PC on when required. Uninstalled Vista and replaced...
Hi, I have the Logitech Dinovo mini keyboard and it is great except for a couple of well-documented problems. I also have...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom