Input/Output Interfaces (3 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
On a win7 laptop I find the 64bit implementation quite slow. Has anyone played around with it and improved it?
On a win7 laptop I find the 64bit implementation quite slow. Has anyone played around with it and improved it?
If anyone is stuck with or still clinging their Streamzap remote (which plays quite nice with LM Remote Keymap and a Logitech...
Replies
Views
IR Keyboard for JP1 Here is some info... The liteon 7551 keyboard is often referred to as an "Airboard" keyboard. I would recommed the forums at http://hifi-remote.com/forums. Specifically, there is a whole thread dedicated to the development of the protocol at...
IR Keyboard for JP1 Here is some info... The liteon 7551 keyboard is often referred to as an "Airboard" keyboard. I would...
I have a WinTV Nova-Ci (DVB-S) which is a TT and does not work with the WINTV IRremote application. Therefore I cannot use the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD pins. I have also connected the USB plug internally. Is there anything else that is needed? And, which button is used? The PowerToggle? I have a Harmony remote, so I need to know which button to configure...
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD...
Hello, What is current status with buggy VFD in Antec Fusion V2/430 (Silver) ? I gonna cover the original, build in IR as I...
Replies
Views
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the use of this keyboard in combination with MediaPortal. Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
Y
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things are versioned, too.
Thanks guys. The link that penguin gives, to a Microsoft MCE 2005 Media Center Remote Control, leads me to believe these things...
MCE remote (on non-MCE box) and software questions i am basically going to just talk to myself here so i think clearly, but i need...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best remote control DE
How would the ATI remote wonder compare to the MCE remote. They are about the same price on Ebay. I know ATI is RF and MCE is IR. Are there any differences that make one better than the other.
How would the ATI remote wonder compare to the MCE remote. They are about the same price on Ebay. I know ATI is RF and MCE is IR...
I can the program supports a wide range of remote controllers. I have a Hewlet Packard (by the I won on my birthday) :) and i...
Replies
Views
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started then the remote choosen and then...I can use the remote in MediaPortal. What a hassle. I did monkey around with the Pinnacle Versions. Deinstalled 6 then Installed 4 (to use it like you do ) and then...
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started...
Hello everybody, is there someone who is using the same Pinnacle card with the belonging remote control ...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver built into my NUC, but would probably buy a unit if there's a display that shows info (folder, media playing etc). Emph
How about a custom case that holds a unit that can be removed for bay installation? Everyone's happy. ;) I already have a receiver...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Replies
Views
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
I'm on win7 and I can use my MCE remote to send the PC to standby but not hibernate. That doesn't bother me too much because I'm...
Replies
Views
hey, i just got this dinovo mini and i had a quick idea, maybe someone already did it or knows how to do it as I am not very good at programming. i would like to use the touchpad (mouse activated) to scroll through the movies on the filmstrip, kind of what you would do on an iphone, it would be nice for it to have inertial...
hey, i just got this dinovo mini and i had a quick idea, maybe someone already did it or knows how to do it as I am not very good...
How to use the Dinovo Mini with MP : Enable the DiNovo Mini Media Keys with MediaPortal : Launch "Mediaportal Configuration" go...
Replies
Views
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the LeadTek drivers to the very latest version available off their web-site. Suddenly, a whole bunch of buttons that had stopped working on the remote are now working again, so I'm back to having a properly...
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the...
Well I've had a good look around and hit up the search function and I can't see any feedback regarding Leadtek's new RC config...
Replies
Views
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
Just got my HTPC put together yesterday, which includes a Hauppauge 1800 and its bundled remote. After getting everything setup i...
Replies
Views
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for turning MP on and of with red button, for rest i use UltraXMediaRemotePlugin.zip from roysolberg and it works almost perfect. Now, i was wandering, is there any way to map two buttons on remote for calling TV...
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for...
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for...
Replies
Views
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All I can remember is that there were very few. Looking at my current Harmony configuration, I have set up a device called "Media Center PC" which is controlled by a "Microsoft Remote Control 1039". The...
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All...
I've recently upgraded my pc and I'm looking for a solution to my remote control problem. My previous pc had an inbuilt Imon...
Replies
Views
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V receiver and a TV. No matter which of the 5 devices is selected, the volume up/volume down/mute buttons control the A/V receiver, the power button turns the TV on and off, and another button controls the...
I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V...
Good morning, For some time now, I've been happily using a standard MCE remote with Mediaportal and love it's functionality...
Replies
Views
Remote power on Just a follow up. Finally got around to installing this. Works very slick! I was quite impressed with it. I can now power up & down with the remote.
Remote power on Just a follow up. Finally got around to installing this. Works very slick! I was quite impressed with it. I can...
How can I power on the system using a remote and what hardware do I need. Power on as in from S5/S4 .
Replies
Views
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD witch ever you like then hold down setup tell it blinks twice then put code "1972" it will blink twice to tell you it worked and that part is done (the enter/ok button in the center is locked to CBL tell you...
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD...
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD...
Replies
Views
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly with xbox and MediaPortal you need to configure xbox power option as it has two power buttons: one for power On and another one for Off. It is sounds a bit ridiculous as xbox remote has just one Power button...
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly...
Hi, I recently set up my HTPC in a close proximity to my Xbox360. The problem I have is the Xbox360 reacts to MCE remote "PC"...
Replies
Views
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
I have a Microsoft MCE remote with an IR receiver which works fne apart from I can't get it to wake my PC running Win7 from sleep...
Replies
Views
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and there is no problem. With Philips on ASUS I have to plugin the receiver a few seconds after system boots - then the receiver works. I will try to find a fix on ASUS homepage. CU André
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and...
I purchased some weeks ago a Philips white MCE remote; it works like a charm after pluging it but I've discovered that whenever I...
Replies
Views
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which makes me wonder if i should invest the money in a license of powerdvd or not. Cyberlink have the tendency of being very unresponsive whenever the end user requires support for a software that they paid for...
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which...
So I have been setting up MediaPortal over the last few weeks to work in my Home Theater room and I believe I almost have it. I...
Replies
Views
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont have any idea whats happening there...you can try to disable all remote plugins and the message plugin if installed but better would be to write a new post in the right forum so that other peaple can help you
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont...
Hi, Because i have my LCD-tv as an extended monitor on my pc it happens that mp is not on focus, because i was doing something...
Replies
Views
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our toilet (yeah even I had to laugh) so I had to get a new one. I then installed it quickly as soon as it arrived with the showdown sequence to turn my TV, AVR, and HTPC all off at exactly the same time...
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our...
Hi, Wanting some advice on a solution to my continued issue with my IR remote. If you look at my system specs under my avatar you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 König MCE Remote DE
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime I went into the config so I gave up on it. I use Eventghost for a lot of other stuff (the most amazing and useful software I've come across!), so I would never dream of uninstalling it. Anyway, we now know...
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime...
Just bought a König MCE "compatible" remote from kjell.com (sweden): Kjell & Company - Nordens bredaste sortiment av tillbehr fr...
Replies
Views
Any of these *should* be fine (free shipping) Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-MCE-Remote-Control-HP-USB-IR-Receiver-Win7-Vista-/251087369533?pt=US_Remote_Controls_Pointers&hash=item3a75f9353d http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-HP-MCE-IR-Receiver-Blaster-Emitter-Wire-TOSHIBA-Remote-/251210997527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a7d579f17...
Any of these *should* be fine (free shipping) Ebay...
Hi guys, Currently, I'm using a 45 buttons Hauppauge remote that came with my tv card and on the second system I'm using a...
Replies
Views
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello guys. I'm so impressed by MP, and want to use it asap. But I can't coz my remote isn't functioning. Hope someone can help...
Replies
Views
The Register recently reviewed this keyboard Cideko Air Keyboard motion controller ? reghardware
The Register recently reviewed this keyboard Cideko Air Keyboard motion controller ? reghardware
I stumbled upon this newly released device by Cideko. It's a mini wireless keyboard with a built-in 3D motion mouse sensor...
Replies
Views
this great :) thanx, good idea! .... but what I really need is the discrete power off, as sometimes HTPC is the only device running (eg waken up for a scheduled recording) and I want to fire up the whole system. Power toggle shuts htpc down :( I have a "hybrid" solution though as I use 1. MCE receiver and have 2. Soundgraph IR...
this great :) thanx, good idea! .... but what I really need is the discrete power off, as sometimes HTPC is the only device running...
Hi, There may be better ways to do this but in case anyone finds it useful, here's how I set up my harmony remote to power...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bluetooth Remote? DE
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all the signals from the remote without too many hitches. The initial set up of the remote was a good few hours worth of work compared to a plug and play solution like the keyboard and mouse, but it's very...
I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all...
Hi, are there any bluetooth remote controls that work with MP on the market? I searched but I couldn't find one. Many thanks...
Replies
Views
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop. :( The most-recent version of the support package for the Ortek/Hama remote is the one available in this post: Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 That version does use AutoHotKey, but I find that...
Thanks for posting this information. (y) Although I have Windows 10 on my other laptop, I don't have MediaPortal on that laptop...
Hi, I have a Vista MCE VCR 1100 remote. Someone has the same remote and has posted their xml file so that others can use. Where do...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom