Input/Output Interfaces (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
In the imon software i have just selected a different remote(not the mce remote) and my double clicks are over. easy and functional :D
In the imon software i have just selected a different remote(not the mce remote) and my double clicks are over. easy and functional :D
Sorry if this has been covered before, but is there a way to diable the IR receiver either directly on an Antec Fusion Remote case...
Replies
Views
Hi, welcome. This is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Hi, welcome. This is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Ciao a tutti, ho un problema, sul mio PC ho installato una WinTV-HVR-4400 HD, il kit ha sia il telecomando che il ricevitore da...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the tipical keys like arrows, but no works the other keys like STOP;PLAY;BACKMENU,etc.... In theory this remote control is compatible with Media Center Edition....but no with Media Portal?? Please I need...
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the...
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the...
Replies
Views
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a 5vsb jumper to redirect the 5v standby current from ps2 interface to usb, check see if yours has this and change it to ps2
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a...
Hi Folks, I've got a new Logitech Harmony One remote that I'm playing with setting up activities, such as record TV, so it will...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty sure imon uses a different protocol (RC5 vs RC6) so they wont be compatible. (Unless soundgraph have since changed their IR protocol, but this was the case with my silverstone lc16-m with imon inside)
I'm pretty sure imon uses a different protocol (RC5 vs RC6) so they wont be compatible. (Unless soundgraph have since changed their...
Hey guys, merry xmas ! Im using Mediaportal 1.2.1 on Windows 7. My Soundgraph VFD in my antec fusion v2 case ist my IR Receiver...
Replies
Views
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
not working.... dont get any results... can anyone send me the driver per pm?
i just installed windows 7 64 bit reduced media edition. Normaly he install with it the Mce Remote ehome infrared transceive...
Replies
Views
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my build. at the moment, i have not connected the SSD. as i dont want to continually write to it and possibly damage it. so win 7 ultimate has been installed on my old 250GB HDD (going to be used for music...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
Replies
Views
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different USB port as well). Is there anyway to use a wildcard for the last digit (i.e. 164) in the EG script so that I don't have to edit it everytime I resync or move the receiver?
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different...
I've got this Emprex 3009URF III Vista MCE Remote Emprex:News/Media Center/HDD Enclosure/BT Download/LCD TV/LCD...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which remote? DE
And new ones made no difference, dumb question to ask I know. Think I would go along with a half decent harmony as well if completely dead, at least they properly emulate a MCE remote, I have not seen a real new MCE remote for sale in the UK for a while now.
And new ones made no difference, dumb question to ask I know. Think I would go along with a half decent harmony as well if...
My MCE2005 Microsoft remote has just died (it's about 5yrs old, so probably about time!). Can anyone recommend a new remote that i...
Replies
Views
AW: use a tablet as your remote control awesome :D that was what i'm looking or.
AW: use a tablet as your remote control awesome :D that was what i'm looking or.
hey, i'm planning to build up a new htpc based on media portal. i think i will use a nvidia gt430 intel core i3 2100T a little...
Replies
Views
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also chosen Sceneo as my remote. Most buttons now work in MediaPortal but it's another compromise. I still have the following issues: - Green button doesn't launch MediaPortal (even with MPTray running). It...
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also...
Hi, I need to choose a remote to control MediaPortal but have no idea where to start. All I know is that I want a traditional...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pinnacle pctv 110i DE
AW: Pinnacle pctv 110i search in the forum for pinnacle remotes, i think it is possible to integrate them
AW: Pinnacle pctv 110i search in the forum for pinnacle remotes, i think it is possible to integrate them
Hello everyone. I have the tv-card pinnacle pctv 110i and i installed media portal, but i can´t use the remote control with...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card and hoped to improve 720p playback) I used to have WinXP nd my MCE remote would shutdown the PC from the power button. Is there a simple way to make this work the same on Win7? All the other functions are...
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card...
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card...
Replies
Views
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
I'm on win7 and I can use my MCE remote to send the PC to standby but not hibernate. That doesn't bother me too much because I'm...
Replies
Views
Also in minidisplay set it to turn off display when not running
Also in minidisplay set it to turn off display when not running
Hello Community, Right now I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new htpc components...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dell MCE RC6 Remote DE
Thanks alot :) Ye i have allready installed W7 and the remote is showing up as it did on my workstation (worked with MP there) so i bet it will :) This has been long and painfull for both of us ray but i am really glad for your help :) Cya around buddy hehe.
Thanks alot :) Ye i have allready installed W7 and the remote is showing up as it did on my workstation (worked with MP there)...
So i just bought a new remote after dealing with a cheap remote that made my eyes go red about the IR reciver (i somtimes had to...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Recently the info button on my mce remote and my logitech 525 stopped bringing up the information option on screen when I press it. It worked until about two weeks ago. I can't remember doing anything to change it. It's the only button that's stopped working. I wonder if anyone has any ideas on why it stopped working or what...
Hey all, Recently the info button on my mce remote and my logitech 525 stopped bringing up the information option on screen when I...
Hey all, Recently the info button on my mce remote and my logitech 525 stopped bringing up the information option on screen when I...
Replies
Views
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media Center as the remote and everything seems to work fine for me.
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media...
Hi, I have set up my Harmony One remote as a media portal device in the Harmony Remote Software. It gives me the option of using...
Replies
Views
and what about "f9" menu? i use it a lot... do u think that's better? Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-RT
and what about "f9" menu? i use it a lot... do u think that's better? Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-RT
has anyone tryed this thing it could be usefull! but can it be configurable to mediaportal? i don't think u could use f1-f9...
Replies
Views
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape remote receiver. Would something like this do the trick? HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 | eBay
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape...
Hi I have spent ages trying to search this forum for a fully compatible IR receiver for WME for my Logitech Harmony One. I had...
Replies
Views
Hi Craig So you're talking this dual digital (sorry DN have/had quite a lot of "dual" models so it is quite confusing)? My guess would be no, but it all depends on how the remote driver is installed. I bought a Digital Now QuattroS several years ago which came with a remote. I could only get the remote to work with the HID version of...
Hi Craig So you're talking this dual digital (sorry DN have/had quite a lot of "dual" models so it is quite confusing)? My guess...
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me whether the bundled remote that comes with the DigitalNow cards works with MediaPortal? I'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE Remote Lags DE
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you can try is download and run the DPC latency Tool, leave it running in the background, now run MP have a play around for at least 30 minutes. See if there have been any errors shown in the tool. Most of...
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you...
Hi All, I am new to Media Portal, and very glad I discovered it. I almost gave up on Media Centres as I could never find one that...
Replies
Views
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through the SETUP file, which was in the ZIP file (after unzip on my D-drive). Unfortunately XP gave me a security warning, after which during installation all running software/services (except for XP) crashed...
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through...
Hi, I've already done a bit of searching so this is just a final check. I'm currently using BeyondTV, planning to move to...
Replies
Views
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be because your remote has a slightly different USB ID. If it is in the same family as the remotes that other people have got working then you should still be able to look for the MaxRepeatPauseInterval and...
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be...
So I managed to get the remote working after following instuctions somewhere on this forum but the remote acts as if the keys are...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they require. 500ma. Make sure you have no other devices sharing the power with it, or hang it off a powered hub if needs be. I used the MCE replacement drivers (that are now marked as obsolete) and it works...
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they...
Hi Guys, Running MP on XP SP3 and got a Philips MCE remote and receiver from eBay. XP detected the receiver as 'bb+ dongle...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Hi guys, I have an issue with the Hauppauge remote and a strange one indeed. The remote will occasionally work within MP or not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the remote controle. Or how to configure and control the Windows 7. Thanks.
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the...
Hi. I have a remote control AVS Gear GV-IR01BK Vista Infrared MCE. And i wonder how i can turn off the Windows 7 through the...
Replies
Views
You probably cannot remap them. The MediaPortal Team could implement an option to capture these System-Events that change the volume and not pass them further. This way, the media buttons on many keyboards and remotes will only control the volume of MediaPortal instead of the system volume.
You probably cannot remap them. The MediaPortal Team could implement an option to capture these System-Events that change the...
Hi all I just got my new MCE remote tonight and it works great but I need help changing one thing How do I remap the buttons...
Replies
Views
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the other make receivers causing input delay is unknown, but can see it being a complete frustration for any end user :(
After reading user comments about the other remotes, I would opt for the hauppauge as well, why people are complaing about the...
Hi all I have finally decided to get a remote for my MP set up. For background I am using Windows 7 64 bit premium as my OS...
Replies
Views
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working fine. Now I like to build a second one (USB Ultra IR v2.0) for my Eee Box, to power on/off and control it from another room, do you think it's working and what's the maximum USB cable length??? :thx:
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
I've successfully soldered the first version (v1.1) of the USB Ultra IR with power on/off from www.ocinside.de and it's working...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom