Input/Output Interfaces (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 MCE "Clone" Remote DE
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/502052-post12.html
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/502052-post12.html
I bought a clone MCE Remote on Ebay. It works pretty well with Windows Media Player but the Play/Pause button has no interaction...
Replies
Views
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also chosen Sceneo as my remote. Most buttons now work in MediaPortal but it's another compromise. I still have the following issues: - Green button doesn't launch MediaPortal (even with MPTray running). It...
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also...
Hi, I need to choose a remote to control MediaPortal but have no idea where to start. All I know is that I want a traditional...
Replies
Views
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different USB port as well). Is there anyway to use a wildcard for the last digit (i.e. 164) in the EG script so that I don't have to edit it everytime I resync or move the receiver?
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different...
I've got this Emprex 3009URF III Vista MCE Remote Emprex:News/Media Center/HDD Enclosure/BT Download/LCD TV/LCD...
Replies
Views
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
microsoft remote works perfectly. no drivers needed. i recommend it.
Just got my HTPC put together yesterday, which includes a Hauppauge 1800 and its bundled remote. After getting everything setup i...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Thanks for the quick reply MM:thx: I might have a look into purchasing another remote, like the Logitech Harmony.
Hi guys, I have an issue with the Hauppauge remote and a strange one indeed. The remote will occasionally work within MP or not...
Replies
Views
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
My old ATi Remote Wonder I is in dire need of replacement. It worked fine for a few years with the X10 drivers btw. Now my local...
Replies
Views
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54 housing to the standby power input of that PCS-MCE. I modded an ATX cable extension to intercept the standby power and hook it to the PCS-MCE. That one should be used in the HTPC. I also modded a Molex power...
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54...
I just received my PCS-MCE device. It's pretty cool though it's not recognized as a "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" so...
Replies
Views
Just a question... I'm sure the mapping of special buttons cause no problem with setpoint installed properly. But how about those special features, like skipping track by just waving your hand? Did you manage to get that working with Mediaportal or do you even think it's possible without too much trouble? I've just received and MX air...
Just a question... I'm sure the mapping of special buttons cause no problem with setpoint installed properly. But how about those...
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3443&cl=gb,en looks very cool, but im not sure if it will be easy...
Replies
Views
C-Bus can be wireless too http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus_wireless One of my mates uses to do home Automations on multimillion dollars houses in Sydney and this is what he recommend. Good luck with Dick smith most poeple in there will not even know what home Automation is. :)
C-Bus can be wireless too http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus_wireless One of my mates uses to do home...
I'm planning on renting a property in the near future and like the idea of home automation, however I can't do any wiring. Is there...
Replies
Views
According to specifications you need an OS with MCE as it does not come with a driver. I bought a similar remote a while back and ended up taking it back due to the message "unable to intall hardware" as i had no driver for it. Is there anyway of getting around this. I have XP PE service pack 3 Cheers
According to specifications you need an OS with MCE as it does not come with a driver. I bought a similar remote a while back and...
I need some quick advice about which remote control I should get. I intended to buy the Logitech Harmony One but a friend has some...
Replies
Views
I just use the MCE remote and keyboard and I like em. The joystick on the keyboard is a bit fiddly but now that I am used to it, it is great! The MCE remote is just the best, I also have a Logitech harmony 525 univeral remote, but the responce of it with MP just is not that great. (If anybody has this remote working with MP please...
I just use the MCE remote and keyboard and I like em. The joystick on the keyboard is a bit fiddly but now that I am used to it...
Hi, Today I received my precious LC-14MB case. Now I wonder what kind of keyboard to buy. I read that MCE Keyboard is not...
Replies
Views
already done :-)
already done :-)
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SRM-5100-Microsoft-Control/dp/B000QG1ZUM There is...
Replies
Views
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm uploading them to rapidshare as we speak. I didn't want to take any chances on missing any of the drivers you need, so I uploaded all that I have. They come in a 30ish MB rar file. Edit: Drivers
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm...
Today i decided to do a fresh install of vista. Instead of downloading sp1 and going through a lot of configuration i decided to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote Control DE
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this side, M$ have been known to get it wrong ;)
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this...
Yesterday I wanted to order 2 MS Remote Controls, but the shopkeeper said it's an end-of-life product. Is there an alternative...
Replies
Views
Ok, got it. Thanks for your answers! @DoXer I know about that. But my main concern was that I needed custom drivers to receive non-MCE commands from receiver which would break wake functionality.
Ok, got it. Thanks for your answers! @DoXer I know about that. But my main concern was that I needed custom drivers to receive...
I really like waking up feature on my MCE-compatible remote (It's not true MCE remote - works only through General HID). However...
Replies
Views
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
Cheers PD, I'm glad it's not just me being incompetent!
I'm on win7 and I can use my MCE remote to send the PC to standby but not hibernate. That doesn't bother me too much because I'm...
Replies
Views
Done, works a treat. Thankyou!
Done, works a treat. Thankyou!
Hi to all, I am looking for the Microsoft mce remote control with the teletext buttons on it but i didnt found any one in the...
Replies
Views
Ok, but what else could be the problem? Other USB-devices are able to wake the pc up, so BIOS is seems to be ok. Is there another windows option that could be wrong?
Ok, but what else could be the problem? Other USB-devices are able to wake the pc up, so BIOS is seems to be ok. Is there another...
Hi, somehow I am not able to wake-up my HTPC with my Harmony 300 remote configured as MCE remote. I use a RC6 MCE IR-Receiver. I...
Replies
Views
worth a shot, it has a usb hacks option and a few other things that you could try Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool but getting a program that will stop a service on standby and restart on resume, might work too. i think there is already a program that does this i just cant remember the name. ps - imon sucks, i recommend spending...
worth a shot, it has a usb hacks option and a few other things that you could try Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool but getting a...
Hello, I'm using a Genius LuxeMate 810 Media Cruiser under Windows 7 Pro 32bit. My Problem is, that after resuming from Standby...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Decent Remote DE
OK kool, thanks for the responses guys/gals....any other suggestions on a learning remote? I was looking at the Philips SRU9400 - looks kinda cool, but i was wondering whether it would be a suitable remote?
OK kool, thanks for the responses guys/gals....any other suggestions on a learning remote? I was looking at the Philips SRU9400 -...
Hi there, I currently have the Official Microsoft Media Center remote and its pretty well supported, its just i don't like the...
Replies
Views
Ich habe das bei mir so gelöst, dass ich den HTPC nur dann vom PS runterfahren lasse, wenn er im Home-Menü ist. Wenn ich dann den Fall habe, dass ich "mal kurz" aus dem Wohnzimmer gehe, gehe ich in ein Untermenü und unterbinde damit das Runterfahren. Ansonsten für Aufnahmen startet der PC im Home-Menü, macht die Aufnahme und fährt...
Ich habe das bei mir so gelöst, dass ich den HTPC nur dann vom PS runterfahren lasse, wenn er im Home-Menü ist. Wenn ich dann den...
Okay, not that simple ;-) I can wake up my HTPC from standby with my Harmony One. The powerscheduler send my HTPC to sleep after...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE Remote Lags DE
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you can try is download and run the DPC latency Tool, leave it running in the background, now run MP have a play around for at least 30 minutes. See if there have been any errors shown in the tool. Most of...
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you...
Hi All, I am new to Media Portal, and very glad I discovered it. I almost gave up on Media Centres as I could never find one that...
Replies
Views
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the PC...help needed?
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the...
For anyone wanting to use the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth BD Remote with Windows and/or MediaPortal can use my application to do...
Replies
Views
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through the SETUP file, which was in the ZIP file (after unzip on my D-drive). Unfortunately XP gave me a security warning, after which during installation all running software/services (except for XP) crashed...
I also tried to install this driver for my ovu400102 under XP (the chinese sent me the wrong model). I tried installing it through...
Hi, I've already done a bit of searching so this is just a final check. I'm currently using BeyondTV, planning to move to...
Replies
Views
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on the MB. (if anyone stumbles over iMon 2.4G reviews, please post the link here)
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on...
http://www.soundgraph.com/pr/e_pr_18.asp?m1d=1&m2d=18 The website specifics are limited. Anyone have more information on this...
Replies
Views
Cheers fer your help PD
Cheers fer your help PD
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MCE-2005-REMOTE-CONTROL-INC-IR-VISTA-XBOX360-COMPATIBLE_W0QQitemZ110150519664QQihZ001QQcategoryZ51086QQssPageN...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in Logitech Harmony Software, and you will get the necessary buttons. After that you need to setup the MCE Remote (dunno if iMon is supported directly by MP, right now) in MP, that should be it The alternative...
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in...
salute - does anybody here using a Logitec-Harmony ONE ? that 200 Dollar expensive nice thing with that little...
Replies
Views
A
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now. The remote is kinda small but for that price you can also buy a learning universal remote and use the small one for doing presentations or something. I suppose with a little programming the receiver...
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now...
Which remote controls should I consider for the HTPC? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Hi i'm looking for a good matrix lcd screen for my HTPC, I have already found some nice lcd's:D. BLK202A-WB-BK Matrix Orbital...
Replies
Views
M
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
I d like to use a lot of possibilities with IR suite but MCE remote WITH RECEIVER for XP is nowhere on stock....f....! Could anyone...
Replies
Views
maysider2
M
Top Bottom