Input/Output Interfaces (10 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
The black Targa MCE Remote is a special one - not a "real" MCE remote. As you described, the remote is recognized as a HID device (instead of eHome-device, if you use a "real" MCE remote). That's why I would suggest: Try in the MP configurations the settings "use a HID remote". Perhaps that will work better. Kind regards, AEOne
The black Targa MCE Remote is a special one - not a "real" MCE remote. As you described, the remote is recognized as a HID device...
I have here a remote control that was included with my girlfriends old laptop (a Targa something, which is a rebrand brand of the...
Replies
Views
p.s. in order to configure MPC, I used this list of Keyboard shortcuts used to control Media Center: Windows Media Center keyboard shortcuts And just configured them in MPC (e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+P to PLAY)
p.s. in order to configure MPC, I used this list of Keyboard shortcuts used to control Media Center: Windows Media Center keyboard...
Hi, I would like to buy the Sunwave SMR-140 remote, mainly because of its mouse functionality, but I'm not sure it will actually...
Replies
Views
A
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now. The remote is kinda small but for that price you can also buy a learning universal remote and use the small one for doing presentations or something. I suppose with a little programming the receiver...
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now...
Which remote controls should I consider for the HTPC? Thanks!
Replies
Views
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS, nothing fancy just the basic features
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
I googled and looked around but couldn't find a clear cut answer. Can anyone recommend a simple MP remote that will work w/ WHS...
Replies
Views
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF MCE X10 Remote Model OR22V - Setup for xbmc with Intelliremote - XBMC Community Forum Fixed a problem for me on the ATI remote wonder RF x10 remote control on vista x64. I merely changed the RF channel...
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF...
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF...
Replies
Views
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One emulating a Streamzap). If I'm playing a video, for instance an mkv, with alternate audio/subtitle tracks, is there a quick way to toggle them? Ideally, a single button to switch subtitles on/off would...
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One...
I'm just starting to set up MediaPortal on my first HTPC. I'll be using a Streamzap for the remote control (actually a Harmony One...
Replies
Views
Well the remote itself is definitely not modal. I can switch to mode 2, verify that the mouse moves, hold my hand over the IR emitter while "switching" to mode 1, ie pressing the blue button, and the mouse still moves.So it's the server side.
Well the remote itself is definitely not modal. I can switch to mode 2, verify that the mouse moves, hold my hand over the IR...
Hello, so i got a thread running over at XBMC's forum but this issue would be the same for mediaportal as the problem also occur...
Replies
Views
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something. When I use the numpad on a keyboard as my controling input device, I set the keyboard shortcuts to map the numpad keys to up down select type movements etc.. but when I go into a menu, instead of...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
Replies
Views
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a 5vsb jumper to redirect the 5v standby current from ps2 interface to usb, check see if yours has this and change it to ps2
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a...
Hi Folks, I've got a new Logitech Harmony One remote that I'm playing with setting up activities, such as record TV, so it will...
Replies
Views
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant find it. all the web sites i've found no loager stock it. Thanks
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Does any one know any where in sa where you can buy a new or used microsoft mce keyboard. I've looked in lots of shops but cant...
Replies
Views
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer... :-() I have a Soundgraph Ultrabay (same es Antec Veris Premier) and i want to use it with MediaPortal. What do I need for the Display and how does the Front-Buttons work? I want to use my HTPC also...
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer...
Hi Community! I'm new here and i hope my question is not answered yet (I used the search, but i didn't find the right answer...
Replies
Views
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it would be mine definately...
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it...
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SKYSTAR 2 HD remote DE
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to control mediaportal ? Is it working ?
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Replies
Views
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54 housing to the standby power input of that PCS-MCE. I modded an ATX cable extension to intercept the standby power and hook it to the PCS-MCE. That one should be used in the HTPC. I also modded a Molex power...
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54...
I just received my PCS-MCE device. It's pretty cool though it's not recognized as a "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" so...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a Microsoft keyboard and controls the HTPC just fine, but the dedicated MCE key pad only works with MediaPortal for the volume controls. I have tried the following options: 1. General HID Device 2...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Replies
Views
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press for close, long for standby. I never managed to get my computer to resume with the remote if standby was triggered by a timer, only when standby had been triggered by the remote. The green button will send...
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press...
Shape HTPC remote control - Fractal Design Has anyone successfully used this remote with MP? Their sales literature...
Replies
Views
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the imon software, but you can basically forget about it ever being a seamless solution. the inherent flaw is that the imon software has hard coded buttons that cannot be changed (exit linked to backspace, for...
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the...
Just built a new media centre using an Antec Fusion case. How do I get the IR receiver to work with MediaPortal? The supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like the remote that came with my TV alot better. (Samsung 37" LCD). Funny thing is when I push buttons on the TV remote the IR Sensor for the hauppauge remote picks it up but does odd things to MP. Is...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Hi there, I currently have a hauppauge WinTV Nova S DVB-S Card in my HTPC. I use the remote from this card. I do how ever like...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC Control, but I can't find them in Italy. Can someone tell me where I can find an RF remote working with MP in Italy (even not ATI or Marmitek)? PS: this is an home solution, so the price should be under...
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC...
I'm looking for a radio frequency remote to control MP from every room in my house. I read about ATI Remote Wonder and Marmitek PC...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RF Remote DE
Hello everybody, I have a similar situation as clmckinley. I'm looking for a good RF remote for my HTPC. RF is a must, because the HTPC is located in another room one floor below the living room. My requirements: signal strength enough for trespassing 4m air plus one thick wall. good haptics and usability for a high WAF...
Hello everybody, I have a similar situation as clmckinley. I'm looking for a good RF remote for my HTPC. RF is a must, because...
One of the main things i want to do with my htpc is control my music in different rooms in my house. I have in wall speakers with...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Hello, I am going to buy/build a new htpc for my girlfriend. It will be mounted behind the TV (Vesa-Mount) so I need a remote...
Replies
Views
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
mbuzina: no way to do that, AFAIK... but; modified the reciver (connected a composite cable), and now it is just SWEET!
My old ATi Remote Wonder I is in dire need of replacement. It worked fine for a few years with the X10 drivers btw. Now my local...
Replies
Views
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP Control plugin or IRSS translator to remap keystrokes) HIP (Remap IR codes to keystrokes) LM Remote KeyMap (Remap IR codes to keystrokes)
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP...
Hi, I've a Hauppauge hvr900h tv-tuner card with IR receiver and an harmony 515 universal remote. It works quite good to use this...
Replies
Views
I think the MS remotes (eHome) look and feel better than the ones Hauppauge bundles (SDK) - also thay have two blaster included.
I think the MS remotes (eHome) look and feel better than the ones Hauppauge bundles (SDK) - also thay have two blaster included.
It's almost February, 2007. I don't have a TV-in solution yet (been using MP to play music and video only), but I am about to get...
Replies
Views
Saw that a while ago, might be not that user friendly in dim conditions if not backlit, other wise a nice looking remote. Vista only, but I'm sure you can get it to work with XP https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-124/vista-remote-xp-working-48624/
Saw that a while ago, might be not that user friendly in dim conditions if not backlit, other wise a nice looking remote. Vista...
Hi, after trying to find another mce remote for home ive noticed that they are not longer selled at least anywhere near to where i...
Replies
Views
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop, pause, and back buttons all working. So that is great. I will probably play around based upon your third suggestion to see if I can map other keys, but for now it's working well enough that my wife...
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop...
Hi, I am struggling to get MediaPortal configured to work with my remote the way I'd like and wanted to ask a few questions to...
Replies
Views
I have an MCE remote, which is great for channel surfing, etc. because of its profile (and because, compared to my STB-DVD-TV configuration, MediaPortal has everything in one interface). I also have a Pronto TSU-7000 (ProntoPro NG) which handles all my individual devices, advanced features, etc. Both are IR, which serves me fine since...
I have an MCE remote, which is great for channel surfing, etc. because of its profile (and because, compared to my STB-DVD-TV...
Hi, I am curious which type of remote control MP user are using. I myself am using a universal remote with IgorPlug+Girder...
Replies
Views
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote (though I'll buy a cheap one if I have to); I already have Logitech Harmony remotes. Most everything I've found seems to be Vista-only. I've already got one, and no amount of fiddling seems to get the...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Has anyone found a remote receiver that works on Windows XP and works well with MediaPortal? I don't actually need a remote...
Replies
Views
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
So you're saying, if I get a USB TVCard receiver, my Logitech Harmony may be able to connect to it in order to work with the PC?
Hi all, I have a Logitech Harmony remote, which I want to use to control my soon-to-be-built HTPC. I understand that I will...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Remote questions. DE
I highly recommend the MS MCE2005 remote, too. I am using the "US" one and it has the added advantage of back-lit keys, which is ideal for a dark home theatre... 8)
I highly recommend the MS MCE2005 remote, too. I am using the "US" one and it has the added advantage of back-lit keys, which is...
Anyone have any info that lists pros/cons of different remotes with htpc's/MP. I am waiting on the delivery of my Twinhan 102g and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom