Input/Output Interfaces (12 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Here's a link: http://www.myelectronics.nl/contents/en-us/d116.html I did not built it in, I have it against the wall at shoulder level
Here's a link: http://www.myelectronics.nl/contents/en-us/d116.html I did not built it in, I have it against the wall at...
Hi all, looking to build a HTPC. Would like to have a touch screen. I've seen the uneed X15e http://www.iuneed.com/x15e.html...
Replies
Views
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV receiver. I setup 650 to control volume by AV receiver but for some reason volume up/down button are controlling mediaportal volume instead. I tried select device "AV receiver" directly with the...
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV...
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'm sure the diNovo is five times better than the TVISTO keyboard, but it's also five times more expensive :P I'm trying to set up a htpc out of old components (m-atx mobo, sempron 2800+ cpu, etc.) and the TVISTO cheap mce wireless keyboard seemed the perfect match (less than 40€). As I only have XP pro, I wanted to know it...
Yes, I'm sure the diNovo is five times better than the TVISTO keyboard, but it's also five times more expensive :P I'm trying to...
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if this mce-alike wireless keyboard works with windows XP Pro and MediaPortal? TVISTO If...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE remote DE
Yes thats the one you just select mce remote and thats it. I have not gotten the mptraymod working on mine though so the green button opens MP but dont know if its the remote or something else on the pc. But every other button does what it should. They use the same ir as the microsoft remotes do. There is also one on ebay that will...
Yes thats the one you just select mce remote and thats it. I have not gotten the mptraymod working on mine though so the green...
I think I've decided on getting a MS MCE remote... but upon looking, I can't find them a major retailers. Even Newegg doesn't have...
Replies
Views
IR Receiver Hi I have build that one (LIRC) and it works perfectly with winlirc and with girder. The main problem is that we cant make it wake-up the pc with the remote... So i am going to build this one since is USB (or try to build it... 3€ deserve a try :lol: )...
IR Receiver Hi I have build that one (LIRC) and it works perfectly with winlirc and with girder. The main problem is that we...
Hope this is the right place for this post... I know there are many forums on the Internet for how to build your own...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work. Disabled all and separately but it made no difference. Only side effect was, that the x10 device didn't work in MediaPortal anymore.
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it didn't work. Disabled all and separately but it made no difference. Only side effect...
Hi, I have a X10 remote (Medion) and when I press the volume button, it changes the system volume. Is there a way to disable...
Replies
Views
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on the MB. (if anyone stumbles over iMon 2.4G reviews, please post the link here)
True. I have the same problem with my Niveus PC remote even though the USB receiver is lit and wake-on-USB is enabled by jumpers on...
http://www.soundgraph.com/pr/e_pr_18.asp?m1d=1&m2d=18 The website specifics are limited. Anyone have more information on this...
Replies
Views
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR, apparently, and about a year ago I bought a 50" plasma to replace my old 32" LCD. The fix is to block the low-level background IR and still let the remote IR through. I used masking tape, per this useful thread...
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR...
I've been searching high and low, but can't find anything like this on the internet. I previously had a Tira2 IR receiver in my old...
Replies
Views
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different USB port as well). Is there anyway to use a wildcard for the last digit (i.e. 164) in the EG script so that I don't have to edit it everytime I resync or move the receiver?
Well it seems the last digit changes every time I re-sync the remote and receiver (perhaps when moving the receiver to a different...
I've got this Emprex 3009URF III Vista MCE Remote Emprex:News/Media Center/HDD Enclosure/BT Download/LCD TV/LCD...
Replies
Views
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would dock the guy for was the actual packaging, as when I received it the stickyness of the package was so dry it was practically all the way open. I'm lucky I have an honest mail carrier I guess.
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would...
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.
Replies
Views
Then I would loose a large amount of remote functionality from the HTPC since I do not think I can let the IRSS or other similar tools detect what HDMI port my receiver is listening at to determine what commands to send to what blaster. Besides my HTPC is in standby when not the source, that is one of the cool things the current setup...
Then I would loose a large amount of remote functionality from the HTPC since I do not think I can let the IRSS or other similar...
Hi, I have a Philips TV with HDMI-CEC and RF remote. I have a Mediaportal PC with HDMI-CEC Support through the Puls-Eight...
Replies
Views
Pretty fair.. I'll spend some time during the week end to configure it. Do you know of any existing template already mapping the most common keys? It's still pretty fuzzy in my mind.. but I was thinking to have something similar to a small utility I found that simulate keys using the remote control. This utility has two modes you...
Pretty fair.. I'll spend some time during the week end to configure it. Do you know of any existing template already mapping the...
What TV's support being turned On/Off with the MCE 2005 remote control? The IRBlaster and the IR transmittors(work for any...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Flirc USB dongle DE
Sweet, Cheers mate, might have to grab one this week. Ta Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Sweet, Cheers mate, might have to grab one this week. Ta Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Anyone ever tried one of these? Sounds like it would be good if it works with MP. Flirc USB (v2) - Use any Remote with your Media...
Replies
Views
Thx for you reply Fred, A totally agree about the smart phone remote opinion. I tried that and had some problems with connection after watching a full movie or after getting the HTPC out sleep mode. The bonus what is get for going for a harmony device is that I also can control my TV and Cable device. Yes i still watch TV via the...
Thx for you reply Fred, A totally agree about the smart phone remote opinion. I tried that and had some problems with connection...
Hey all, I'm looking for a new remote, that can control MP, and my TV. And since i dont realy like the IR devices I found one new...
Replies
Views
Nope, not much.
Nope, not much.
I think I made a pretty nice Eventghost config and I want to share it with you all. I made it for the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE, but...
Replies
Views
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal (won't recognise any buttons). There is an other post about the issue, maybe you have the same problem?
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal...
Hello everyone ! I bought a Logitech harmony 700 remote to control MediaPortal. I also bought an USBUIRT IR receiver to make the...
Replies
Views
Has anybody got the old style Antec Fusion VFD (case with no built-in IR) to work in Windows 7? Mine was fine on XP, but now I'm using W7 Pro 32 bit and I can't get it to work properly. If I install the driver in compatibility mode it works for a bit, but crashes on resume from standby. I thought the problem might be to do with the...
Has anybody got the old style Antec Fusion VFD (case with no built-in IR) to work in Windows 7? Mine was fine on XP, but now I'm...
Has anybody got the old style Antec Fusion VFD (case with no built-in IR) to work in Windows 7? Mine was fine on XP, but now I'm...
Replies
Views
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the imon software, but you can basically forget about it ever being a seamless solution. the inherent flaw is that the imon software has hard coded buttons that cannot be changed (exit linked to backspace, for...
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the...
Just built a new media centre using an Antec Fusion case. How do I get the IR receiver to work with MediaPortal? The supplied...
Replies
Views
Which model Gyration ?
Which model Gyration ?
Hi, I've been using MP for a while now, and to normally control it I use a VNC program to connect to it from another computer...
Replies
Views
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a hardware wired keyb and mouse will do that. 1st one is the MCE Keyboard with thumb mouse that in time and practice works. 2nd one is when I need to do more typing as I have had RSI since 1986 is the MS...
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a...
Title says it all! I looked at the MS one - but that says it requires XP MCE and an official receiver... so any similar ones...
Replies
Views
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media Center as the remote and everything seems to work fine for me.
I've got my Harmony One configured as a Microsoft Media Center remote and then within MediaPortal's configuration I've chosen Media...
Hi, I have set up my Harmony One remote as a media portal device in the Harmony Remote Software. It gives me the option of using...
Replies
Views
It's a keyboard it shows up in devices in Windows. You can map the keys of the NYXBoard remote with MediaPortal http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/8_Remote/Mapping_Buttons You can also use autohotkey: http://forums.pulse-eight.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89 It's a mess ;)
It's a keyboard it shows up in devices in Windows. You can map the keys of the NYXBoard remote with MediaPortal...
Hi All, In my quest for the ultimate remote control setup for my beloved MP HTPC I took the plunge and bought a Motorola NYXboard...
Replies
Views
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54 housing to the standby power input of that PCS-MCE. I modded an ATX cable extension to intercept the standby power and hook it to the PCS-MCE. That one should be used in the HTPC. I also modded a Molex power...
To avoid using Simerec splicer solution, since it's rather dirty and irreversible, I did some crimping to hook a proper 2.54...
I just received my PCS-MCE device. It's pretty cool though it's not recognized as a "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" so...
Replies
Views
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that series (525) and its simply fantastic, it just can do whatever you want it to do. (and yes it also can perfectly replace an mce, i use it with mediaportal and the inbuild ir-reciever of a msi media live barebone)
if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice. i use the smallest of that...
I am going to get the black Antec Fusion case with the LCD display. What I would like to know is which is the best/easiest remote...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hmmm... One big negative point about this RC on my system. Seems not to wake the HTPC from sleep. Yes, I've got all the right checkboxes checked in Control Panel and also tried all possible BIOS settings and BIOS update. Got two other keyboards (one is the Nyxboard, also RF and "unusual") - both work, but this one does not. Of...
Hi All, Hmmm... One big negative point about this RC on my system. Seems not to wake the HTPC from sleep. Yes, I've got all the...
Hi All, News on a cheap Remote Control with the follwing features: - Mouse / Trackball - QWERTY keyboard - Hybrid Infra-red (IR...
Replies
Views
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a 5vsb jumper to redirect the 5v standby current from ps2 interface to usb, check see if yours has this and change it to ps2
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a...
Hi Folks, I've got a new Logitech Harmony One remote that I'm playing with setting up activities, such as record TV, so it will...
Replies
Views
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager), then get a "Universal Remote" like "Logitech Harmony" or any of the actual and most outdated "One for all" models. Even the cheapy noname ones will work, as long as they support the microsoft IR codes...
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager)...
Hi all! Been using a microsoft mce remote for years without problem but suddenly it got broken. Therefor I got myself a new...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 harmony one remote DE
Yes - everything works great with SRM5100, Vista and Mediaportal. When the time comes I might try this, but for now I'm using the SRM5100 remote. I wish Logitech created their own MCE IR dongle, then it would be a lot easier. Alright, if you found out anything please post it here. Thanks!
Yes - everything works great with SRM5100, Vista and Mediaportal. When the time comes I might try this, but for now I'm using the...
I'm thinking about getting a harmony remote tomorrow, but after looking it appears that the ones i have been looking at dont have...
Replies
Views
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
Hi, Recently I bought a Tellstick net version to be able to control my RF 433MHz light switches from my...
Replies
Views
already done :-)
already done :-)
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SRM-5100-Microsoft-Control/dp/B000QG1ZUM There is...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom