Input/Output Interfaces (14 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
im most certain that it is possible. try with this. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-replacement-plugin-165/ir-server-suite-version-1-0-4-1-a-33512/?highlight=remote+suite im need to try it also cause i want to be able to use both the mce remote and the tv remote with mediaportal. havent had the time to try it.
im most certain that it is possible. try with this...
Hi, I have a MCE remote Receiver (It says SMK brand on the back). I saw that the Receiver responds also to regular remotes and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Case / VFD wanted DE
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The following Hardware is already there: Mainboard: Asus M3N78-EM CPU: AMD 4850e Ram: 2GB HDD: 3,5", 500 GB Normal DVD Device or Slimline (i have both) Powersuply: MCubed EF 28 What im now looking for is small and...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Hi all, im building a new HTPC atm. It wont be used to watch tv, but movies with accorate resolution should run fine. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in Logitech Harmony Software, and you will get the necessary buttons. After that you need to setup the MCE Remote (dunno if iMon is supported directly by MP, right now) in MP, that should be it The alternative...
Hi, I am not quite shure what you mean by duplicating...actually you only need to choose MS-Mediacenter (not Mediaportal) in...
salute - does anybody here using a Logitec-Harmony ONE ? that 200 Dollar expensive nice thing with that little...
Replies
Views
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right click the shortcut, then click into the shortcut key box on the properties control now press the button you want to assign on the remote control, it should register in the shortcut key box. click ok...
hmm, i think you can you know. i haven't tried it, but in theory: make the bat file. make a shortcut to the bat file right...
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap/basic solution for a mediaportal client. I already have the server+client on the main server machine...
Replies
Views
M
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
I d like to use a lot of possibilities with IR suite but MCE remote WITH RECEIVER for XP is nowhere on stock....f....! Could anyone...
Replies
Views
maysider2
M
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need is a IR port for your PC.
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need...
Hi! Noticed that it is hard to get the MCE remote here in Sweden lately. You can get the remote it self, but not with the IR...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote Control DE
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this side, M$ have been known to get it wrong ;)
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this...
Yesterday I wanted to order 2 MS Remote Controls, but the shopkeeper said it's an end-of-life product. Is there an alternative...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the available VFD plugins. As i have hidden the actual HTPC away from the TV i need this VFD to communicate using bluetooth, or some other type of wireless comms. I have looked high and low but haven't found...
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the...
Hi there, I am looking for a VFD or small LCD that can sit on top of my TV and show some generic information through one of the...
Replies
Views
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv powers off. After about approx. 2 hours the ambilight from the plasma goes on !?!?! The next and bigger problem is when i am watching tv about 2 hours the plasma tv powers off!! This happens always about...
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv...
I have a strange problem with my harmony 525. After PowerOFF my logitech soundsystem, MediaPortal and the philips plasma tv...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Logitech Z-Cinema DE
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote from Logitech just to turn the sound on and other sound stuff, so i never tried to make it work with MP, but on other forums i noticed that there has been some issues...good luck! :) But the sound from...
Hi I recomend buying a Windows Media Remote for Mediaportal, I own a Windows media compatible remote so i just use the remote...
Hi there. I'm thinking of buying this sound system from logitech and i am wondering if the remote which is Windows media center...
Replies
Views
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the use of this keyboard in combination with MediaPortal. Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
My new Intel DG45ID motherboard has 2 sets of IR headers, one for receiveing & one for sending. (Intel Desktop Board DG45ID - Overview) I would much prefer to use onboard IR controller, as it probably has quite good integration with power on, from low-power state, and my board has onboard winbond IR controller chip-set. I also have...
My new Intel DG45ID motherboard has 2 sets of IR headers, one for receiveing & one for sending. (Intel Desktop Board DG45ID -...
My new Intel DG45ID motherboard has 2 sets of IR headers, one for receiveing & one for sending. (Intel Desktop Board DG45ID -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote DE
Hi! looks exactly like the mce remote, should be ok(?). /tompa
Hi! looks exactly like the mce remote, should be ok(?). /tompa
Hi ppl, This is my first post :D I need buy a remote control for my media center. This remote control Speed Link Comando...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Logitech Remote DE
I have the Harmony 555 working with MediaPortal selecting MCE as remote, but you will probably need an MCE receiver (I have the one from Microsoft). I don't know if the remote included with some HP laptops is compatible with this plugin. If you are going to buy a remote only for your computer you should buy the one from Microsoft...
I have the Harmony 555 working with MediaPortal selecting MCE as remote, but you will probably need an MCE receiver (I have the one...
I am looking at getting a remote and am considering the following logitech universal remote. Logitech Harmony Universal Remote...
Replies
Views
sort of gave up on trying to start the PC with the mini. Gave in and turn the PC on when required. Uninstalled Vista and replaced with XP. Startup times decreased dramatically (gotta wait for the PJ to start anyway, so 45 seconds start time is alright) The documented problems I had were the bluetooth connection and the down...
sort of gave up on trying to start the PC with the mini. Gave in and turn the PC on when required. Uninstalled Vista and replaced...
Hi, I have the Logitech Dinovo mini keyboard and it is great except for a couple of well-documented problems. I also have...
Replies
Views
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly with xbox and MediaPortal you need to configure xbox power option as it has two power buttons: one for power On and another one for Off. It is sounds a bit ridiculous as xbox remote has just one Power button...
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly...
Hi, I recently set up my HTPC in a close proximity to my Xbox360. The problem I have is the Xbox360 reacts to MCE remote "PC"...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'm sure the diNovo is five times better than the TVISTO keyboard, but it's also five times more expensive :P I'm trying to set up a htpc out of old components (m-atx mobo, sempron 2800+ cpu, etc.) and the TVISTO cheap mce wireless keyboard seemed the perfect match (less than 40€). As I only have XP pro, I wanted to know it...
Yes, I'm sure the diNovo is five times better than the TVISTO keyboard, but it's also five times more expensive :P I'm trying to...
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if this mce-alike wireless keyboard works with windows XP Pro and MediaPortal? TVISTO If...
Replies
Views
D
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom of the post) is a video of a 7" touch screen (with indigo) in action.... should give you some feeling. regards, Ruud.
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom...
Hi, I want to have control over my HTPC without turning the projector on or using VNC. The display in my Silverstone LC-11 is...
Replies
Views
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello SmokeWatcher, are you saying that Harmony One will work even if using my USB IR provided by Sapphiretech?
Hello guys. I'm so impressed by MP, and want to use it asap. But I can't coz my remote isn't functioning. Hope someone can help...
Replies
Views
I think it won't work that well. It's a physics question and it kinda depends on the material. Different materials affect different wavelengths of light, so I guess judging from your startpost (no specifics) it's anybodies guess. btw you can get almost every remote, be it RF or IR, working with MP. How succesful you are with getting...
I think it won't work that well. It's a physics question and it kinda depends on the material. Different materials affect different...
Hello, Can I, if I have a IR receiver behind a polyethylene / plastic plate of about ~1cm thick, use any IR remote control...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SKYSTAR 2 HD remote DE
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to control mediaportal ? Is it working ?
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Hi, I am building my HTPC and I have a question regarding remote controller. Has somebody used skystar remote controller to...
Replies
Views
i use the serialport remote use an old tvcard remote with winlirc only 5 euro ! and it works great and easy to bold hacknmod.com/hack/how-to-build-a-serial-port-infrared-receiver
i use the serialport remote use an old tvcard remote with winlirc only 5 euro ! and it works great and easy to bold...
Hi all, Because my Logitech remote is crapping out all the time (which is seriously annoying as you might expect ;)) I posted a...
Replies
Views
Yep that should do it :)
Yep that should do it :)
I've run into some problems with my remote control system, and I'm starting to wonder if another solution might be the answer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 VFD / LCD Display DE
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music from my library. Many people contribute to my library (375GB of .mp3's) and when a song comes up that I did not put there, I want to know who it is. My setup displays the info every 30seconds for 10...
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music...
i sadly bought a case without front display. Well i want one now tho :/ which would be best to choose? Which is one does work...
Replies
Views
it was helpfull you are wizard :))
it was helpfull you are wizard :))
Hello Looks like my Microsoft remote control was broken. Is there way to setup microsoft ir receiver - to receive and process...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR, Remote, and DVR DE
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the DVR so I can record TV when I am out. I live in the UK and like to watch HD and so would like to record it. However I don't have a FreeSat dish - I have a really sweet deal with Virgin Media which I won't...
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the...
I've nearly got my machine put together now, but lacking 2 main parts: The Remote (or more specifically the IR Receiver) and the...
Replies
Views
Done, works a treat. Thankyou!
Done, works a treat. Thankyou!
Hi to all, I am looking for the Microsoft mce remote control with the teletext buttons on it but i didnt found any one in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE remote troubles DE
Maybe it's time to change the batteries. That happened to me before.
Maybe it's time to change the batteries. That happened to me before.
I got a new mediacenter today and installed it. Everything went fine except for the MCE remote (which i already had). It's a...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes the remote itself may be "filled" with the MCE-remote keys (or any other) and is then supported by MP. You only need a compliant IR-Receiver (like iMon, Itrans, MCE-Receiver etc) cheers joystick
Hi, yes the remote itself may be "filled" with the MCE-remote keys (or any other) and is then supported by MP. You only need a...
Hi, i currently am using a Logitech DiNovo Mini as "remote" for my mediacenter, but am interested in going "full remote" =) and...
Replies
Views
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and since Ebay is the best source of them, let's share our experience and recommendations here. I'll start with my own, not exactly pleasant: I've bought this: MEDIA CENTER CONTROLLER USB PC COMPUTER...
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and...
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom